ConMed Corporation Employee Reviews

Great benefits, poor management
Team Assembler 1 (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYOctober 23, 2018
I've been working here for three years at the time of this review. The job is simple enough, though very fast paced. Not everyone can keep up with the hourly quotas.

The biggest problem is the supervisor's lack of communication when it comes to addressing a problem. There have been multiple instances where a simple issue was turned into a big deal because the supervisor failed to explain what the problem was. This has caused everything from running production with bad material to escalating small interpersonal issues to HR reports simply because the offender was not informed of what they were doing wrong.
Pros
Health, dental, vision, life, 401k, and more benefits
Cons
Supervisors I've worked with communicate very poorly with their staff
Too much work.
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYOctober 4, 2018
Too much work and when they do hire, no idea how to work new employee into routine without disrupting everyone else and their duties. So many changes 8n last 5 years.
Pros
Cafe, decent pay increases, benefits ok
Cons
Makea changes without thinking things through.
Working for ConMed Distribution Center
LTL dock worker (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GASeptember 4, 2018
The Job is good and the work is super light, Most of the co-workers are nice, long as the numbers up we can leave, after cleaning up, I really liked the Job but a hiring freeze, the pay check to paycheck could not help me keep up with bills, I don’t mind working or learning to improve and overtime is no problem....
Big Company with great people
Research and Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYAugust 23, 2018
ConMed was a great place to intern and get part time job experience in industry. The full-time job security just wasn't very promising at their Utica, NY branch.
Pros
awesome cafe, flexible hours, helpful coworkers, experienced and energetic engineers
Cons
can be boring/slow, poor job security long term
Reasonable Place to Work
Software Engineer, WebMaster (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJuly 31, 2018
Older medical device company struggling with older servers (IBM big iron stuff from the 1980s)
Website and software development for it was owned by MarCom (odd)
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
Old Equipment
This company went the wrong ways.
ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN, R&D (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJune 24, 2018
Company would provide training and paid for study tuition. That is a plus.
But.
Company was doing wrong HR policies, starting about year 2008.
Trying to solve their management mistakes, as well product development deficiencies, company would go to firing processes, being unable to solve the problems.
Big and Powerful
Internship (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJune 19, 2018
While working as an intern at CONMED, I did not get paid while i worked there because I needed the experience. The company works on multiple projects at a time and handles them very well. Although some management problems did occur this was a pleasant experience working and gaining information for my field.
good company
Production Team leader (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAMay 23, 2018
This is a good company to work for. paid vacations and time off. management is good and they work with you. will hire you full time if you work hard and listen.
This is hands down the best job i have ever had.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLMay 10, 2018
Love my job and the pair I work with, this is a fair company, there is room for growth if your willing to work for it. I have been at conmed for many years and the management believes in fostering an environment of helpfulness.
OK Place
Corporate Contract Administrator II (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2018
Fast-paced environment that I love with learning to use Oracle on my own as instructed by management.
Laid back manager.
Hardest part of the job, was my manager being in Florida while I am in NY.
I loved the fast pace & problem solving analytics of the position.
Pros
Working at your own pace
Cons
Not enough advancement opportunities
Straight Forward Job
Clean Room Assembler (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLApril 19, 2018
It was a decent job with great benefits and pay. The people that work there are not very nice and gossip a lot. It does not matter what you do, they will make up stories and spread rumors which ends up making it an uncomfortable place to work, especially when you want to advance in the company.

Management is great. They are always open to listening to what is going on. There is just not much you can do about people gossiping and being rude or nasty.

If anyone does choose to work here, just be careful of who you talk to and try to keep to yourself for the most part. Other than that, it's a pretty good job.
Relaxed and non- stressful
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cumberland mdMarch 29, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Conmed. It provided me with a different aspect to nursing. My assessment skills were greatly enhanced. Also my ability to work on my own was strengthened.
Very comfortable environment with a great management team
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAMarch 17, 2018
Loved going to work here and will recommend anyone to begin a career with this company. They are room for employees to grow and commend you if you are doing what you are suppose to do.
Pros
Quarterly Raises
Cons
Great fast pace work enviroment
Forklift Operator/warehouse (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAFebruary 28, 2018
From the time I clocked in til I was time to go the warehouse manager was on the floor with us, helping and explaining new ideas he had put in place for a safe and sufficient work environment.
Good pay and good treatment from all other associates and managers.
Regulatory Associate (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLFebruary 22, 2018
I really enjoyed working here, unfortunately I was layed off with 30 other fellow employees. It was a nice and relaxing working environment that I enjoyed very much.
good place to work
Corrections Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORFebruary 19, 2018
Good place to work. Cost of benefits too high and had to make the choice of either dropping my spouse from my insurance or find another job with affordable benefits.. Good collaboration with corrections deputies and co workers in medical department.
Stressfull Company to work for
Lean Sigma Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJanuary 8, 2018
Very competitive. Very Stressful. No feedback provided back. They expect many in short period of time. Great company to learn from. Heavy in Lean Sigma which is positive. Sometime, arbitrary decisions were made.
Numbers
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJanuary 1, 2018
More worried about numbers than real production. Employees knew how to work the system and do as little as possible. No real consequences or reward to doing more or less than the posted number.
Monday-Friday
Picker/Packer/QC (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 26, 2017
The work at ConMed was very simple. But the management was HORRIBLE and UNPROFFESIONAL. Very sad because ConMed had potential to be a very enjoyable workplace.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Horrible management
Fairly easy work no pressure
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLDecember 19, 2017
Good training, decent, friendly people that I worked with,good chance of advancment, pay was half way decent, probably would still be there if I hadn't moved to Ohio
Pros
Good pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ConMed Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.