ConMed Corporation Employee Reviews

good company
Production Team leader (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAMay 23, 2018
This is a good company to work for. paid vacations and time off. management is good and they work with you. will hire you full time if you work hard and listen.
This is hands down the best job i have ever had.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLMay 10, 2018
Love my job and the pair I work with, this is a fair company, there is room for growth if your willing to work for it. I have been at conmed for many years and the management believes in fostering an environment of helpfulness.
OK Place
Corporate Contract Administrator II (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2018
Fast-paced environment that I love with learning to use Oracle on my own as instructed by management.
Laid back manager.
Hardest part of the job, was my manager being in Florida while I am in NY.
I loved the fast pace & problem solving analytics of the position.
Pros
Working at your own pace
Cons
Not enough advancement opportunities
Straight Forward Job
Clean Room Assembler (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLApril 19, 2018
It was a decent job with great benefits and pay. The people that work there are not very nice and gossip a lot. It does not matter what you do, they will make up stories and spread rumors which ends up making it an uncomfortable place to work, especially when you want to advance in the company.

Management is great. They are always open to listening to what is going on. There is just not much you can do about people gossiping and being rude or nasty.

If anyone does choose to work here, just be careful of who you talk to and try to keep to yourself for the most part. Other than that, it's a pretty good job.
Relaxed and non- stressful
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cumberland mdMarch 29, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Conmed. It provided me with a different aspect to nursing. My assessment skills were greatly enhanced. Also my ability to work on my own was strengthened.
Very comfortable environment with a great management team
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAMarch 17, 2018
Loved going to work here and will recommend anyone to begin a career with this company. They are room for employees to grow and commend you if you are doing what you are suppose to do.
Pros
Quarterly Raises
A very diverse workplace
Calibration Technician (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYMarch 8, 2018
It's a very stressful environment to work in. Management lacks the knowledge to properly understand its employees duties and responsibilities. The benefits and insurance are good, but the pay is low with slim if any room to grow.
Pros
Familiarity
Cons
Poor management, low pay, unrealistic goals and expectations
Good pay and good treatment from all other associates and managers.
Regulatory Associate (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLFebruary 22, 2018
I really enjoyed working here, unfortunately I was layed off with 30 other fellow employees. It was a nice and relaxing working environment that I enjoyed very much.
good place to work
Corrections Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORFebruary 19, 2018
Good place to work. Cost of benefits too high and had to make the choice of either dropping my spouse from my insurance or find another job with affordable benefits.. Good collaboration with corrections deputies and co workers in medical department.
Stressfull Company to work for
Lean Sigma Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJanuary 8, 2018
Very competitive. Very Stressful. No feedback provided back. They expect many in short period of time. Great company to learn from. Heavy in Lean Sigma which is positive. Sometime, arbitrary decisions were made.

Want to know more about ConMed Corporation?

Ask a question
Numbers
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJanuary 1, 2018
More worried about numbers than real production. Employees knew how to work the system and do as little as possible. No real consequences or reward to doing more or less than the posted number.
Monday-Friday
Picker/Packer/QC (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 26, 2017
The work at ConMed was very simple. But the management was HORRIBLE and UNPROFFESIONAL. Very sad because ConMed had potential to be a very enjoyable workplace.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Horrible management
Fairly easy work no pressure
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLDecember 19, 2017
Good training, decent, friendly people that I worked with,good chance of advancment, pay was half way decent, probably would still be there if I hadn't moved to Ohio
Pros
Good pay
Nice place to work
Associate Counsel (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYDecember 10, 2017
The work environment was wonderful. The people were kind, the offices were clean and spacious. The work was interesting. There was no micromanagement.
Pros
compensation
Cons
job security
Great Place to work
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CODecember 4, 2017
While there, I had great managers and for the most part good co-workers. Overall, a very enjoyable place to work. Company benefits and salary were good, and it was enjoyable to know that the product we were building was extending people's lives and eliminating their pain.
Pros
Good benefits/ salary
Cons
not as progressive a company as it needed to be
Decent place to work
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLNovember 9, 2017
Sad to be laid off. Something is going on behind the scenes that leave the employees on edge. A take over or something. Constantly moves manufacturing overseas, and leaves people without jobs here. It's quite sad
Pros
cafe onsite
Cons
work /life balance does not exist
Conmed Linvatec
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 6, 2017
Linvatec has excellent surgical products for surgeons and the culture of the company was excellent. In a very specialized and competitive medical device industry.
Good place to work only if you can get on permanent.
Machine Operator/Clean Room Assembler (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLOctober 22, 2017
O actually liked to work here but I was here as a temp for 2 years and they had a freeze on hiring permanent people the whole time I worked there and as far as I know, the freeze is still ongoing 7 month after quitting. I never missed a day, never came in late and never took off early. I always worked my butt off but was never rewarded for my hard work or dedication to the job. If you get hired on permanent, it is a good company but that is unlikely since nearly 100 permanent people have been let go since Dec. 2016.
Pros
Good training, voluntary overtime, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Layoffs, temps not made permanent
Good company to work for if you work at their Florida location
Sr. NPD Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Centennial, CO 80112September 15, 2017
Good company to work for if you work at their Florida location, all other locations are unstable. The corp. facility in Utica NY is only marginally profitable. The facility in Florida has all the innovation and profit.
Territory Manager / Surgical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 28, 2017
great company to work for, but I'm ready for a career advancement. I like the management, great working environment, and also the ability to have flexibility.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ConMed Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.