ConMed Corporation

ConMed Corporation Employee Reviews

United States181 reviews
ConMed bought out and shortly after shut down the company I previously worked for. My interactions with ConMed were extremely limited so I cannot say one way or the other.
Work you to the bone .. Bad raises even though more than exceed ..management sucks .. Rather build in Mexico than the USA. Love there refugees .. Out dated equipment .. To much 5s..
I learn a lot from this company, Great staff Management cares about their employees and looks after them Many opportunities for growth in the company.
When you are told on your first day to ignore phone calls and it takes 2 months to get all your rights on a 3 month contract, you can tell there was no push for anything to get done. Management was not even in the same state and visited once every two months. When they finally hired a manager for help desk, instead of clearing our ticketing system or changing work procedures to be more clear for our clients, we instead spent hours moving parts around and checking really unimportant parts of our OS server image which we didn't even have rights to edit the image of. Everything is outdated. There are 3 ticketing systems with over 10k backlogs being ignored. Frustrating.
Pros
No one knew I existed.
Cons
No one knew I existed.
A toxic leader within the Marketing Department makes working here unbearable and creates the highest levels of turnover that I've ever seen.

I will be leaving as soon as I have an offer and I get the feeling that quite a few of my colleagues are also looking.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Benefits are solid. Other than that there’s not much else. The managers who have been there more than 4 years have gotten too cozy. They say they want to inject a newer culture with younger fresher talent. It becomes clear quickly that it is needed If you want to come in a make a difference and attempt to teach old dogs new tricks, the swamp will resist. The quality organization is in disarray. The S&OP review summed it up perfectly. No need to elaborate there. Look elsewhere and good luck!
You could be the best worker, but this place is not about your skills. I got all high scores on my reviews but you have to be apart of the clique to get any respect. Don’t waste your time or energy especially if you’re black, no black people in any upper management jobs. If you’re not a hard worker, this is the place for you.
Aprendí muchas cosas relacionadas con la carrera
Todas las actividades tenían previa planificación

Las actividades de diario surgían con urgencia y se resolvían pronto
I enjoy my experience at conmed learn many things..good job with good benefits for permanent employees. I was only a temp for year and a half before let go
I miss this place when I have to leave when they move whole facilities and equipments back to Largo, Florida. Here in Anaheim all folks are friendly, shop has good culture, people help and care each other, care about quality and down the road is patient, who use our products. Talking benefit, company pays pension, 401k, pto...
match
Good pay and Great benefits. Have all the tools and essentials that need to do tasks done. Accessible chairs and access to play music according to your mood that helps to set a great smooth air ambience. Multi-talented and great Manufacturing Engineers that always help you make your job easy as possible. Very accommodating place to work.
Great company to work for. Work/Life balance is a management priority. Conmed cares about the employees.

There is not much opportunity for upward mobility.
Conmed was not a good experience what so ever. Very toxic work environment with siloed departments that do not communicate with one another. No respect for work life balance and regular scheduled meetings after regular office hours. Very poor leadership with no team dynamic. Avoid working here if you have had past enjoyable experiences.
Upon being hired, it was a great job! Then the company changed hands 5+yrs ago and mgmt came from Largo Fl. Since I’ve witnessed job layoffs wl the CS dept of 22 employees go to 8 (many forced to seek new jobs or retire early) due to poor company mgmt. The CEO is about increasing stock numbers over the health & well being of their overworked & unappreciated employees.
Better Management needed. The support the Plant has is seriously lacking. No guidance or leadership provided during a leadership transition. Felt totally abandoned.
Diverse work force that works together and embrace different cultures and care about each other despite poor pay and the for the part poor management. Could be a trend setter but chooses to embrace foreign manufacturing despite poor quality workmanship and ineffectevive admin support.
Pros
Making medical devices that can make a difference in people lives, . Free turkey on Thanksgiving. General sense of comeraderie amongst employees despite manmgement.
Cons
Low pay. Low morale. Us against managemaent attitude.
Worked for Conmed Corporation over 17 years now and would still be working for them except the Anaheim facility is now be moved to Florida. The pay was very good and the benefits even better. 7% matching 401K.
Well organized facility with the 5s system instilled. Good company to work for. Never interfered with personal/family life. Enough Job criteria was to stay busy throughout the day. I was planning to stay long term however they chose to relocate to another state.
The work I do on my job everyday is setting up cnc mill machine and Wire EDM, checking parts and complete first article before it in production.there is one thing I don’t like about this company is the Managermen!
Good clean place to work, however, there are times when both indirect and direct management will frustrate you. The job advancement is virtually nonexistent. Meaning, once you get a job at Conmed DO NOT expect them to promote or advance you to another job title until it suits them. Even if you are overqualified for a job or have been doing the work for years they will not move you.
I had worked here for 13 years, it's good company to work for good paid and benefit are great. Unfortunately it relocate very far away where I live. I though i’m going to work here until i'm retired.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ConMed Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at ConMed Corporation.