Conn's Home Plus Employee Reviews

Good manager, flexible schedule
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 14, 2019
No raise, couldn't afford the insurance for a family plan, black out periods from November to January. Management was great, only days store is closed is Christmas and Easter.
n/a
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodlands, TXJanuary 14, 2019
I am indifferent about Conns. I think it has a lot of potential but under utilize their abilities by a lot. The corporate team is very much out of touch with what it is like in a store or the challenges faced in an ever changing and hyper competitive market
Nice environment but will become your life
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 13, 2019
Conns is a great place to work, but it does consume your life. You will see your coworkers more than your family due to working in retail. However, if you have a great team, it runs smoothly.
Pros
Great pay, breaks are fair
Cons
drama can arise quickly
Expects unreasonable outcomes
Former Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, TNJanuary 8, 2019
This company is only out for their own advancement. They don't care about you as a person, only as a number. They take away your sick pay when you move to commissioned positions with no warning. Key word is micromanage!
Pros
Salaried positions pay well
Cons
Morale, bonuses are near impossible to attain
Commissions
ESCALATIONS TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 4, 2019
I loved loved loved the monthly commission payouts but it was changed shortly before my departure. I had the pleasure of working with a extraordinary group of individuals. Stay focused on your goals and out of the office soap opera and rock those commissions!
Get ready to meet quota
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 3, 2019
Although I had a pretty rough start to this job, I did enjoy the amount of money you can make as a salesman. You are required to reach a quota of $70,000 per month for sales. Know in advance that this should be your primary concern. If quota isn’t reached, you will be fired. Quota is very difficult to reach for anyone inexperienced.
Pros
One hour lunches, healthcare
Cons
Free time is not in sight
Comfortable Work Environment
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 20, 2018
Comfortable workplace, very polite supervisors and great opportunity chances to work more positions. Also helps get Forklift license as well as OSHA Certification.
Pros
Great Work Hours
Cons
When Its Summer its too hot and when its cold its too cold
Save yourself
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 14, 2018
If you enjoy your family, If you go to school, if you enjoy vacation, doing things outside of work. Save yourself and don’t bother applying! The management SUCK, scheduling is terrible and the hours are to long with nothing to really show for it. The rules are a hit or miss when it come to rules! There’s more favoritism at this job than I’ve ever seen! You work sun up to sun down literally starting in between 9am-9:30pm . THE HOLIDAY HOURS ARE RIDICULOUS! You work anywhere from 10am up until 11pm or 12am, with on 2 shifts VS breaking it up into 3 shifts. To make money you basically work EVERYDAY. When you take a vacation if you don’t want a base pay check people will even work on their vacation to make money. That goes to show how ridiculous this place is. You basically are like a bother to customers constantly over them trying to get them to buy. Your job is on the line if you don’t reach a certain quota. The company is greedy when it come to new hires they start you off at 1% commission plus hourly, basically robbing you on your sales. I would not advise anyone to work for Conn’s.
Pros
In a high volume store you can make good money.
Cons
Schedule, long hours, Poor Management, No flexibility
there is no advancment
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXDecember 14, 2018
there is no advancement in order to advance you have to either move and transfer . they don't give raises and management is poor and none communicative.
Company is growing and has issues with the growth
Appliance repair tech (Current Employee) –  usaDecember 13, 2018
The company is growing and can not keep up as far as techs go for the service side, hiring guys with no appliance exp. Most of these guys do not stay for very long.
Not a fun place to work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZDecember 13, 2018
My location was very lax in productive management. Our meetings were sporadic, inconsistent and uninformative. We rarely discussed our sales or our competitors. Everyone just kind of does their own thing and there is no team work.
Pros
Freedom to do what you want.
Cons
Poor management
Physical place to work.
Delivery and installtions (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 7, 2018
Working at conns was a challenge everyday. Never knew what or where you would be on that day. Installs run from appliances to lawn and garden, from Houston to beamount. But the pay was great.
Pros
Good team players
Cons
1 day off
Hmm
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMDecember 5, 2018
Was an ok job. Was low pay.I didn't care for some of the sales tactics. I prefer to just sale the product and let the quality of the product speak for itself.
Pay structure sucks
Appliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 5, 2018
Not very competitve pay compared to other companys in town. They'll deduct earned commission from you if customer fails to make their first payment. I think that should be illegal for them to do
Terrible manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  TulsaNovember 26, 2018
No one in management so far seems to grasp the concept of management. Associates are not trained and left to figure it out alone, while dealing with peoples credit information. Its crazy
Why do I like working at Conn's?
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Thornton, CONovember 26, 2018
When I was interviewed, was offered the position that day. Was welcomed into the store by everyone and felt at ease instantly. The only reason I would think about leaving is not making enough money to pay for all my bills, otherwise I am extremely happy working for Conn's HomePlus in Thornton, Colorado.
Lack luster work environment
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 25, 2018
Executive management has put into place actions to change the company's environment but they are failing to address key issues that are still concerns:

Middle management gossip and play favorites with their friends. They do not say "Thank You" at all. Its a very demotivating culture. There is a serious need for leadership development.

Training is nonexistent but have expectation for work to be accurate and complete. There are no resources for learning and management is unwilling to assist where needed.

Pay is not commensurated on education, experience, work performance or length of service.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Unprofessional
Ok place to be while finding the right place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 24, 2018
I enjoyed working here for the short time I was here. However they wanted or demanded that I work every holiday which is crazy. They even want you to come in on Thanksgiving which was not going to happen. When I interviewed I made it clear I was not going to work more than 45hr a week and they said that was perfect and then after my first week they had me scheduled for 60. So that wasn't going to work for me. I mean it might work for other people but I have small kids and I enjoy spending time with them.
Pros
i dont know
Cons
They didn't want to work with my life schedule
Performance based company
Sales Representative/Credit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 23, 2018
I work off of commissoon only. It’s my job to drive business as well as max out tickets for volume and commission together. Meetings are held everyday before shift starts. Training on product of mandatory a about 3-4 times a week. Career growth is possible. I learned communication and organization skills working at Conns. It definetly teaches responsibility as well.
Productive place to work at
Customer Relations CSR Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 12, 2018
at conns the place is easily to work with. more of a temporary job for myself, not many benefits to working, i do know they allow you to have 401k there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Conn's Home Plus. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Conn's Home Plus.

Powered by Comparably