Conn's Home Plus

Conn's Home Plus Employee Reviews

United States1,237 reviews
Found 1,237 reviews matching the search
Sales
Company does not truly value employees, but what company does? Training was good, but anything else afterwards was not. Was told it would be otherwise.
Not meant for all
Honestly, a lot of favoritism.
Very aggressive towards customer.

Was not meant for me.

Managers talk mess about everyone except their favorite workers.
No guarantee
No guarantees .they will terminate your position without giving you any notice ahead of time..........................................................
If you don't like interaction with people stay away.
I am in sales, and if you are motivated and eager to learn you can be successful. Turnover is VERY high. If you were working in fast food last week, it will be very difficult, but not impossible. It is a very competitive environment. A sales quota must be met.
Do Not Apply
If you apply for a operator position just know you will be throwing trash all shift everyday. Don’t waste your time with this company. Even if you have years experience
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Basic Job
Started off as a pretty easy going job. Ended up being pushed into other responsibilities not tied to job description for no increase in pay. No career advancement and favoritism shown.
Middle of the Road
You have one manager who should be running the store she’s fantastic. The other manager has poor communication skills. If you ask the same question more than once he won’t be helping you much. This job is demanding micro management for sure. Must make 30 calls set your appointments. Few salesman are super helpful. One gal is a crab high maintenance . This job can be great Just go to Keondra she is fabulous
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Micro management, long shifts
For example how to treat human beings
During the c-19 shut down, our company claimed it was an essential company because we own a bank and could Finance our TVs stereos and furniture. Consistently job threatened if we attempted to call in sick due to no PPE.

Upper management very dishonest they made us hide when the health department showed up so they would not seem we did not have PPE
Family
Excepcional experience
Management based on leadership

My managerial skills were now completed by adding a different cultural point of view

The most enjoyable part of work was achieving the targets with an exceptional team
Watch Out
I worked as a sales person for 4 years. You are expected to add to the ticket high profit insurances and get the customer to buy more than they can afford. If the customer doesn't make the first payment, they will take your commission back. The atmosphere is cutthroat. They never paid me all commissions owed.
Terrible Company
This is a company who does not care about you honestly. They only care about making sales and they are money hungry. Management was great when i first started then we got a whole new manger and the store just went downhill from there.
Pros
They give you full-time hours, and two 15min breaks and a hour lunch.
Cons
Management, pay, lack of employee consideration.
Horrible
This company is very unprofessional and did not care the employees. This company did not make you feel like your was secured at any point. It was all for making them money and hours they wanted you to work were horrible
Building future for Sucess- GROWING Company
Good corporte manager and leadership building a future for success.

Corporate leadership is building opportunities to help grow company, grow competitive salaries and grow benefits. Will be a strong national company in 5 years.
Horrible
Conns doesn’t care about their employees, the only thing they care about is getting the money the best way possible no concern or regards for customers not employees threw this pandemic at the Beaumont corporate office in collections 15 were allowed to work from home while the remaining few which was 8 had to come in the office with no clear answer to why some was choose and other weren’t . How can u consider us essential when we’re hart
worst company to work
only work here if you want to go through a divorce because once you start there is no life outside this job. It is always about the company. should have took everyone's advise and not taken this job managers suck and never want to help you with your problems just push you off to someone else. service manager has no clue what is going on he does not even have a service background.N0DIRECTION IN LEADERSHIPmanagers but he can't even breathe
Good if your a strong salesman
If you have strong salesman skills apply, otherwise I would avoid trying to work there if you don't have the experience or if you don't have a very outgoing personality
Pros
Can make money
Cons
Will be fired if you don't sell even if company sales are down
Great for Entry Level
This company at the Beaumont location, is great for entry level. It pays more than other companies in the area. It's an easy 8-5 job that usually doesn't require overtime or working on the weekends. The downfall is in the lack of advancement. During my time there I tried, and failed, to advance to higher position. All of the positions were either located in The Woodlands or in San Antonio. The positions would be filled before anyone in Beaumont got a chance to apply to them. There is an extreme lack of upward mobility with the company. I won't say they suffer from favoritism, but it strongly appears that way. Just be prepared that this may not be your forever job.
worst experience
i worked at conns and i had a truly bad experience, you job isn’t set and they can lay you off when they please. if you need something stable for a family this company isn’t it.
Worst company to work for.
I have never worked for a company that does not give raises. Don't ask for one or you will be given extra work load and they will make your life miserable. This company will drain the life out of you. Management is horrible, You can show up to work everyday, be on time, do your job with no problem and they will still make you feel like you are worthless and pathetic.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Bad management, bad pay
The job is stressful and competitive by nature, but the people make it better.
The company is unyielding when it comes to hours, and sales can be a very cut-throat environment. If you are going in expecting to be handled with kid gloves dragging you sack of drama in behind you, don't bother applying. If, however, you are a self-starter with thick skin looking for an empowering environment where you can build your own success, and make some friends in the process, then you'll probably do just fine here.
No structure or rules for the floor I forced by management.
Absolutely worst sales job I ever had. Pay scale is below other furniture stores in area. No structure or accountability. Management discriminates between employees of who they want to help or give leads to. Arguments among sales staff on the floor in front of customers. Eating on the floor by sales staff. Staff is nice with customers most times.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Conn's Home Plus. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
2.7
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Conn's Home Plus.