Conn's Home Plus Employee Reviews

No comment
Offline Agent (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 16, 2018
Pointless because we are treated like a daycare. You are expected to reach goals daily and if not you get call to office about it. You cannot determine how long each account will take and it doesn't matter to them. Do it or else.
Horrible company
Electronics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 9, 2018
They care nothing about you having a personal life. They don’t allow you to leave he store during breaks. They work all holidays including thanksgiving and Christmas Eve. Some of the management is literally incompetent. The store is open 30 minutes later than all others in the area intentionally, every Saturday you have to “change the sale” and the closing crew may not leave until after 11pm. Most of their practices are probably illegal in some states.
Pros
Discount.
Cons
Mostly everything.
Overall
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 8, 2018
Pays descent , works with my lively hood. Great discounts on there merchandise . Has over time on my off days . Can win trips to another state or city .
productive day of working
Retail Agent (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 3, 2018
A typical day at Conn's is coming to work and working making call helping customers out I've learned a lot about how credit works hardest part of the day is trying to get the in angry customers to give us another try
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 1, 2018
They had great bonuses and great people training there and good benefits.I really enjoyed working for the Conn's group , I still have friendships with employees I meet working there.
Pros
Great bonuses
Cons
old parking lot with lots of potholes.
Fun job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMApril 29, 2018
Management seems hard to work with sometimes. They seem to change their mind on what needs to be done and how to do it. Nice to have decent hours of operations to work with. Schedules are made a month in advance and you can base your life around that.
Pros
Having 80 hour paychecks, a weekend off a month, hour lunch.
High Paced work environment
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXApril 26, 2018
Conn's is a great place to work if you are driven, focused and highly confident. There are great managers there as well as poor managers. The benefits are ok.
Would not want to work any where else!
Credit Analyst/Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXApril 24, 2018
I have been working for Conns since August 2004 and as my 14th anniversary is fast approaching, I would like to take a little time to reflect regarding my time working for my Conns family. I started as a customer service agent and quickly graduated to collection agent, manager, team lead, supervisor, and ultimately transferred to become a credit under writer. I must say that with each new position I have learned so much more each and every time.
Working in credit analyzing the longest, I am happy to say that being under the guidance of a senior manager and Vice President as I have has not only been a pleasure but also encouraging. They task me with projects that challenge me on a daily basis. I enjoy working on these projects and completing them allows nothing but positivity in my job position.
Nonetheless, I have to say that one of the most positive changes within the Conns Corporation has been our new CEO. He recognizes the hard work of all of us here at Conns and goes out of his way to show it. That, in itself, encourages employee confidence and I appreciate that to no end.
If you are looking for a place to work then you can apply anywhere. But if you are looking for a career I encourage you to apply and become a part of MY family here at Conns.
Pros
Excellent work environment/Managers are great
Cons
None so far after 14 years
Cutthroat, yes indeed
SALES COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2018
Cutthroat, plus no support from store manager. It is all about sales, not you. The hardest part of the job is the constant pressure that they may put on you to sell, sell, sell.
Pros
You can survive if you put forth your best effort, and you have the ability to sell
Cons
Poor store level management. It's all about the sell, not you, unless you are a top seller, then you are treated better.
It’s a great place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MS 39211April 23, 2018
I like working at Conns home plus get to meet and work with all type of people and mangers. We greet customers, take payments, write tickets, and clean organized the store.
Good place to shop for new or clearanced product
Sales Porter (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXApril 22, 2018
Good environment to work in. Can be fast paced and stressful at some points in the day. Low pay for a hard labor job. No communication between the sales floor and sales porters
Pros
Discounts and paid time off
Cons
Low pay and no set schedule
fast pace work place
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCApril 20, 2018
coworkers are great, work place can be fast pace. Work on weekends. Two days off weekly.only closed twice a year that's Christmas day and easter Sunday
Pros
Relaxed work place
Cons
poor upper management
It was a great place until she came in
Appliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZApril 20, 2018
The store was successful and the attitude and was amazing. Everyone was selling and had fun. New store manager came in he was good needed some improvement but good. Got new district manager. He brought in someone else and everything took a turn for the worse. They have to have some kind of side thing going on because a normal real hard working person would see that she has no clue on what is going on and how to run a sales store. How can you bring a store manager in a market that is 70 % Hispanic that can’t speak or understand Spanish!!! Common sense. Conns was good but one bad apple ruins it!!
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Have to work every Saturday. Mandatory
Electronic Land
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 17, 2018
At the beginning it was very cool because I am super into electronics and I enjoyed it. Over time, hitting the quota became stressful and outweighed the fun of working there.
Pros
discount
Cons
hitting quota
Poor Company
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 16, 2018
Stressful, totally incompetent and bad management. I personally witnessed management brag about firing a new hire and then degrade that person to the whole team after she had been dismissed. This is a terrible workplace. Hopefully it is better now.
Fast Paced job with opportunity to advance
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXApril 12, 2018
Conns Homeplus was a fast paced job with an easy opportunity to advance. Answering phone calls to direct and/ or solve customer problems were the daily routine.
I learned how to communicate with all types of customers ranging from irate to ecstatic about their new products.
The management were always nice, helpful, and encouraging,
The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers and the schedule changes every month.
The most enjoyable was the coworkers and the customers you were able to help.
Pros
Bonus's & help management
Cons
Irate customers & shift changes
great place
Credit & Collections Analyst Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 12, 2018
great placed, provided me a lot of opportunity, gave me the keys to be successful. Learned new skills, advanced my career but lost it all because of a stupid mistake.
Fast paced
Contract processing/ mailroom/ scanning (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXApril 10, 2018
Friendly company to work for, constantly learning new things, management was fair, I gained a lot of experience working for this company and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a secure job in the corporate office business.
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  DallasApril 10, 2018
it was fun working there but it has little amount for growth opportunity. needs more opportunity and more professional managers and customer service reps.
It's a start to grow
Associate (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXApril 10, 2018
Everything was fine but then things went down hill. It's very unorganized Management has absolutely no clue but if they do they never share valid information until the very last minute. They do not appreciate the good people they have until they're served with a two week notice, plus they like to throw people under the bus for their decisions. They are understanding with family emergencies however, they put so much pressure on their employees and they like to pick at people that they believe won't stand up for themselves. Bottom line, if you work for Conns Corporate Office WATCH YOUR BACK!!!!
Pros
Hour lunches, paid time off
Cons
Favoritism, Lack of Knowledge

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Conn's Home Plus. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight