Conn's Home Plus Employee Reviews

great bonus
CSR2 Operator (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 18, 2018
great part of the job is work with the people, management need more training. poor communication about policy change. multitasking is a must. great bonus and pay
Pros
good pay
Cons
no life outside of conns
wonderful employees.
Furniture specialist sales supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 11, 2018
The company itself is an outstanding company. Its just time to take a new career path. sales isn't all I can offer. my leadership itself and customer service is where I am a powerhouse. I now have a beautiful family that deserves a father with the right career. Also the company does try to hire with in but have a hard time recognizing real talent.
Pros
trips and events
Cons
poor management. and judgment
work place culture
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 11, 2018
The culture was a high pressure sales environment. This was enforced by store management and corporate. The district Manager would come in and put pressure on the Store Manager weekly and in turn they would put more pressure to sell. You can't make people buy when they just want to look or follow them around the store until they bought something or left the store because you were told to stay within 15 feet of the customer at all times.
Pros
Get to sell top name brand products.
Cons
Management had to many people on them to make sales, made the salesman feel the pressure to sell.
Very clean atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 10, 2018
The shifts varied. The managers were always willing to work with you. Training was very important. Customer service was always the number one. Customers normally left happy.
Competitive and strstressful
MEDIA SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 9, 2018
A real competitive place to be. No opportunity to climb the ladder of success. The training is poor and irrelevant and there are always changes. Have to constantly adapt to change
Cons
Long hrs stressful environments
Good
PORTER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2018
It was a good job for someone who does not mind doing the same tasks day to day. It was very slow paced, staff was friendly but not many opportunities to advance in position I was hired.
Personal Challenge
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2018
This job helped me identify who i was in a sales environment.
great training and hard work was expected daily to help all people improve with customer service and within yourself
Culture not employee supportive
Management (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 5, 2018
Conn's does compensate their employees well yet consistently has them questioning their job security. Many of the things they are accountable for are not in their control. Executives will not accept any feedback about such opportunities.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Not enough autonomy to make decisions
collection Rep
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 3, 2018
Call customers that were behind on their payments from 1-30 days past due. Offer extensions on the bill if unable to pay. Work weekends and holidays.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
working late nights
Contractor in IT
Contractor IT (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 2, 2018
I worked on a short term IT contract. I have done the same work for the last 10 years. Conn’s was the worst place I had contracted or consulted at in that whole time. Management is unorganized and clueless. Which seems strange because the executives seemed smart and competent. It’s all about fast results, quality is not an issue because it doesn’t matter. Management is incompetent.
Pros
My contract was short
Cons
Too many to mention
Management does not care about employees
Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 1, 2018
After working as an hourly associate for several years I have not received a single raise. Instead Conns uses a bonus system where you get a percentage of your monthly pay that varies based on multiple factors. The problem is that every time we have seen a decent bonus people get laid off, hours get cut, and the prerequisites for the bonus are changed making it harder to achieve. Add this to a complete lack of regard for employees that is shown by the majority of management and the workplace becomes miserable. Turnover is incredible with new associates typically lasting no more than a few months, and even people who have worked hard for the company get abused and leave.
Conns
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 29, 2018
Good pay if youre a student. Flexible hours, great management. Good training, able to transfer to different positions. Clean and organized environment
No help
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 27, 2018
They never provided help when needed. The employees and managers just did everything for you not giving you the chance to learn how to operate the computer system
Competitive Sales Environment, Not Much To Do
Porter (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 26, 2018
Most days are slow, as customers can come in and out in large or small numbers at any time of day. As a show room store, there are periods where this work to do, but more often things are slow and basically boil down to spending about half the time doing general duties (maintenance, logistics measures, cleaning, etc.) and finding other things to do when people don't need assistance.

Sales people can be very competitive, and conflicts can arise. Generally though, at least in my store, people moved on.

As a Porter, my job was/is to make sure everything is operating smoothly and all displays are set up properly. You also need to assist customers when needed. Still, it is often a struggle just to find work to do make the hours go by faster.

I do get paid generously and as a full-timer my benefits are great (although that is compared mostly to my last job). I'm a little unsure about how I can advance if at all, which does have me looking for other opportunities.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Environment
Cons
Hours, Lack of Work, Poor Work/Life Balance
very fast paced very stressful work place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 24, 2018
very strenuous time sensitive work i learned from every experience things like attention to detail and team work is key . management was light in presence but very tedious on execution and precision .
One step short of sweatshop
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 23, 2018
Worst managers I've ever had who micromanage because they are aware that they do not belong in management and are terrified of being discovered. Puppets is all they are.
My day
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 22, 2018
Everyday is another day to learn something new in the Facilities Dept.

Constant change, daily organized chaos

weekly meetings ensure knowledge of current projects
Pros
Gym access, Team building
Cons
no raise, bonus, compensation
No room to grow
Retail Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 22, 2018
Management did not support each other and it was hard to grow within the company. So employees had been there numerous years without a raise or promotion.
not too bad
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2018
full commission. sink or swim. job was fun because you could wheel and deal. hours were long and didnt offer health insurance to its employees. fun atmosphere
Pros
coworkers, pay
Cons
hours, management
Great Company
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 14, 2018
Conns was a great company just lacked in management and compensation and benefits. Great teamwork atmosphere and great culture. The pay was ok, they just don't promote or give raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Conn's Home Plus. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.9

2.0Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight