Conn's Home Plus Employee Reviews

Bad Company to work for
Conn's Home Plus Service-Call center agent (Former Employee) –  5776 Stemmons San Antonio Texas 78239November 11, 2018
This company is a joke. Customer's are being taken advantage of, they are lied to from the beginning. The warranty is not being honored as it should, the call center managers do not take manager calls, delivery team managers refuse to take manager calls. The customer is never taken seriously and the agents could care less about setting up the service ticket correctly. The dispatch team does not schedule as they should, all emergency calls such as non cooling refrigerators and AC units/ gas leaks/gas odors are supposed to be scheduled within 24-48 business hours and the dispatchers do not care, they schedule the call 1-2 weeks out. I worked with the company for 11 years and it is just getting worse. There is so much more but i will stop here.
Pros
1 hr lunch
Cons
A good fun environment place to work for
Sales associate. (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXNovember 8, 2018
Love working there get too meet new people an
learn so much from other employees, can help customers get what there looking for such, as furniture an TV's
Pays well for the jobs that similar in the area
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 4, 2018
Wage was fair. The rotating schedule made it hard to keep a steady home life for months at a time. If you are a student or parent this job isn't the most accommodating.
Pros
Benefits, paid time off, nice pay
Cons
Poor management, No set schedules, Policy changes without ample notice, Bonuses aren't really obtainable
Very competitive
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 3, 2018
Working in the warranty department was very competitive(cut throat)and commission based. You have to worry constantly about your coworkers not giving you your messages from callbacks and stealing your clients.
very cut throat
Collections / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 1, 2018
the collections team was very competitive, always a cut throat situation to earn the bonus. never trust a collegue to be your friend during collections or month end. they will take the credit quick
Pros
bonuses
Cons
cut throat
change over management every 3month
Furniture Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 30, 2018
store never made revenue quarter never! could keep management because the store did not bring in customer. the royal lane store fired manangement every 3mos.the one they have now model is get rid of the employee before they get rid of him. a typical day is slow until after 5pm on the weekend very busy. Conn's taught me more about laundry and refrigerator then I would ever have imagine. very diverse. the worst part is have to work with the credit department to get customer credit approval. to work with the 3rd party delivery. what a nightmare. I enjoy most of all work with my co worker the 3 that left. we were a family we work together under a commission job.
Pros
pay
Cons
pay
Relaxed place of work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 25, 2018
My employment at Conn’s Home plus, was wonderful for me. Amazing management that I stand by and Great emotional attachments with everyone in the work place. Conn’s home plus is like a family.
Pros
Awesome managers
Cons
Disrespectful co-workers
all around
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 17, 2018
great place to work as far as getting a great pay and hours. Management needs a little help some people are snakes and will throw you under the bus so you have to be careful
Pros
Pay, hours
Cons
Long hours, work weekends, short lunches, management
Don't Believe the Hype!!!
Third Key Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 16, 2018
Very stressful environment, Bonus scale can be obtainable after you've worked 50+ hours per week. During the holiday season you are always there. They've chosen greed over families, Rude behavior is tolerated amongst the employees, especially when you have to call into the "hotline" I truly traded my health for wealth during my 1 year with them. Don't go there with the intentions on making the world a better place, because integrity isn't one of their strong attributes,
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
The shifts during the holidays go beyond retail sales.....GREED!!!
Best Part Time Job
Commissioned Sales 36Hr/Wk (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 16, 2018
If you're a good sales person you can easily make a comfortable wage. I work three days a week and go to school full time. If you're not a strong salesperson you probably will not like the job, and make $10.88/hr. But if you do your job and close sales you can make a very comfortable wage.
Pros
You make your own check, Part time schedule is very flexible, Management is relaxed if you take care of business.
Cons
None if you sale
stressfull
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 15, 2018
very stressful job want to be retail of choice but does not offer you the tools to do it then stress about not making the the level of service wanted not enough open communication too many Silos in the company to make the company goal
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
not enough senior support
decent place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 13, 2018
Management is inconsistent and don't last very long but pay is competitive. Environment is hostile at times since it is based on commission. Advancement was limited and when offered it was given to the popular crowd and given to the same people regardless of their previous effort in that promoted position
not a happy place to work
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 13, 2018
Management is terrible
they do not give raises
you do get good discounts on the products
job is boring
it is a rotating door people come and go all the time
training is terrible if at all
Pros
good discounts on products
Cons
terrible pay
Great place to advance within.
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2018
I have very much enjoyed my time at Conn's Home Plus. It gave me great opportunity to advance in my career. I started out as a cashier, and ten months I was promoted to sales. Four months into sales I was promoted to Department Specialist. I have learned so much with this being my first sales/commission job, yet I was able to bring past customer service skills to the table to help better the Conns Culture.
good environment.
CSR/Team Mentor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 10, 2018
Conns offered a very competitive salary, compared to other call centers. flexibility in schedule was a plus. there were some things they could improve on like additional benefits and better work environment.
It's ok
Customer Service, Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 9, 2018
If you're not in it to win it then you wont do very well here because the hourly pay is not that great but the commission will compensate for that if you're willing to work hard for it and know how to close deals.
Very demanding Good Pay
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXOctober 2, 2018
Work is very demanding. If you work there to say goodbye to everything else because you won't have time for it. You have to meet monthly quotas no matter how the store is doing
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Demanding
Productive. Competitive
Sales Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 30, 2018
The company was competitive. Sales drove the workplace. Commissions were earned by sale. Team oriented but also allowed to work independently inside and outside of work.
Pros
Discounts
Trash place to work.
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 29, 2018
The only thing that kept me there were my coworkers who made it bearable. No pay raises, no room for promotions, and brown nosing is one of the BIGGEST issues with the company. If you don’t brown nose, you won’t get anywhere.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
ready to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 27, 2018
oytgoing speed based work on time help all ways there worked on time good brack time good employess good stiff lead help when needed busy work standing on feet
Pros
quick lunch
Cons
health care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Conn's Home Plus. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight