Connect America Employee Reviews

The work place is good
Client Support Representative (Current Employee) –  3636 33tf streetMay 8, 2019
My typical day at work is usually starting with checking my emails and then start to process my authorizations from different agencies. During my time at my company I have learned how to communicate with the agencies and better myself as an individual. I think the hardest part of my job is when there is no communication between us and management I just think that is very important but i really do love what i do and enjoy helping out people I think that's the best part.
Pros
Get movie tickets
Cons
Health insurance doesnt cover alot
Stress stress and more stress
INSIDE SALES REP (Former Employee) –  Glen Mills, PAMay 8, 2019
Very cruel environment. The culture was vicious. They would have a group of people with blown up shark figures in their cubicles to represent that when the caller would call back to sign up one of these sharks would just steal the sale and that was acceptable. I saw some excellent sales people get fired in there. I was promised a for 401K after working there for a year and they wouldn't give it to me they told me I had to wait another 6 months. I was a high earner and they didn't want to shell out what they promised. I lasted a year and a 1/2 and 1 day I just couldn't take it anymore. I was hoping for a career there. Such an unhealthy environment to be in period if you need to make fast cash and you're well above average salesperson 6 months would probably be way over your limit to be in that toxic environment.
Pros
Cons
Micro management, disrespected
Worst job ever
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Glen Mills, PAApril 19, 2019
Really bad culture very unstable environment.. They have you calling clients selling devices they no longer offer. You call the same people everyday even after they put you on the do not call list.
Great company to work for
Collections Department Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PAApril 15, 2019
Great place to work, always room for advancement .Always be prepared for policy changes. They treat employee's well for preforming well . I have never woke up in 3 years and felt like i didn't want to go to work.
Pros
free lunch often
Overall a Fantastic job.
Customer Care Representive (Former Employee) –  Broomall, PAApril 4, 2019
I can honestly say I learned so much from the company. I learned the Sales department quick! I'm officially a sales man. I believe I can sale anything
Appreciated for the work I put in!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PAFebruary 20, 2019
Been at Connect America for about a year and it has been a great experience! Company culture and work-life balance is great and I feel appreciated for the work that I do here. Everyone is very welcoming and I enjoy coming to work everyday.
Run away
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PAJanuary 30, 2019
First starts with the sales team giving false information to customers. Then customers call in irate because they were lied to by the sales reps. High call volume with not enough staff to cover lines. customers wait on hold can be at minimum 20 min. Then they may get transferred to the wrong department and then have to wait on hold again. Management is a joke, when needing a Supervisor you either have the customer waiting on hold forever or they have to wait to get a call back and sometimes they don't get a call back and then they call in irate again. The equipment doesn't work customers complain all the time about how the equipment didn't work and their love ones have a medical emergency and the item didn't work and they are not able to get the help they need.
Pros
free lunch at times
Cons
sales team lies, poor management
Challenging but rewarding
Legacy IT Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PAJanuary 28, 2019
The hardest part of the job is that in general the business is able to make changes as they see fit during the development cycle while still expecting the same results.

The best part of the job is that there are many different technologies that are being utilized in order to operate our company. This exposure has been of great use in my development as a Computer Programmer.
productive and busy
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PAJanuary 8, 2019
high call volume, have to be a team player, multitask, patience and above all things have respect and sense of care for the elderly, a good vibe and good workmanship, typing skills and phone manners
enjoyable is the family bond and team love for one another, extra compensations for games and team bonding exercises,
Pros
open forum, growth if you wanna try for it
Cons
short breaks, short lunch, high call volume, shortage of time
Do Not Waste Your Time -
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Broomall, PADecember 20, 2018
I enjoyed working at Connect America and was often told by my manager that I was doing a great job. I was even being trained as backup to my manager. Then 5 days before Christmas I was laid off with 5 other employees with no notice or severence. It was a complete surprise to me and I am dissappointed in the way the company handled the lay off.
Small company with limited room for advancement
CUSTOMER SERVICE-COLLECTIONS (Former Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PANovember 8, 2018
No room for advancement to many changes about pay structure bonus percentages no structure lack of structure made job stressful no unity..feedback was never allowed moral was low
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Fun place to work
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Broomall, paAugust 30, 2018
Very fast paced call center selling and assisting older adults with the medical alert system. We had incentives that made the job enjoyable, It was a diverse culture work place
busy place to work
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PAAugust 7, 2018
nice location in professional office building with amenities such as gym, café and free parking available. On scene security and valet parking. Company has incentives and bonuses to keep enthusiasm up and offers opportunity to get involved with community programs also.
Pros
free lunches occasionly
Cons
non flexible schedule
messy situation
Selling to the senior market (Current Employee) –  Glen Mills, PAJuly 25, 2018
The company has been around for over 20 years but there has been recent upheaval in management. Things change day by day and everything is a knee jerk reaction with an incredible amount of head scratching decisions being made. Reps are made to feel that they never are doing well enough and the metric system used to judge the reps is badly flawed and biased. While many of the reps have done nicely over the years, its very hard for new people to come in and thrive. There is constant hiring with few able to stick due to not enough opportunity to make a living. Last year there were 3 reductions in commission rates and the chargebacks to the reps for returned systems are at an all time high. The chosen few reps are given a cushy amount of good opportunities and the rest of the reps are on a yo-yo going up and down with their opportunities. There has been a recent large influx of new reps hired and sales call volume is down in the office. All in all its making most of the reps uneasy and feeling quite vulnerable.
Good job if you need something right out of school
Staff (Current Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PAJuly 6, 2018
The only thing that causes me to go to work everyday was the fact that I was helping customers it felt good to set my customers at ease and let them know that everything will be okay but the upsell Department their only goal is to Rob elderly people and there is no recourse or discipline imposed on those who work in that department is completely Cutthroat it's whatever you can get out of the elderly and I really feel that that's not fair my co-workers were nice and inviting always willing to help Management on the other hand supervisors tend to show favoritism to the ones that they can stand and gossip with you're constantly put on the back burner when it comes to work life balance if you're just coming out of school this is the perfect place for you but as far as long term it's best to find somewhere else there is no opportunity for advancement unless you're one of the favorites
Pros
Pto
Cons
Short Lunch, no advancement opportunities, management
Terrible company that takes advantage of the elderly.
Collector (Former Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PAJune 5, 2018
The company double dips in their clients account. The work environment is very unprofessional. The employees wore head scarves and pajamas to work. Management sit around and gossip about their employees. There is no stability at this place. The training was excellent. The two people that did the training there, need their own company. Elderly clients buy equipment that does not work. They double dip into their accounts for payments. The refund process is terrible for their clients. If you were not a pet employee, you were not allowed to get incoming calls for paying clients.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
bonuses were very low. Pay rate was terrible.
I was often told to stall or flat out lie to customers
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 10, 2018
I was a temp to full new hire after 90 days. When the 90 days expired, they reneged and told us the company would not keep us. You spent the majority of your day lying to customers about the status of their refunds or checking the status of their systems. When presented with a problem, management rarely wanted to assist and you were left on your own to lie again. Lunch was 30 minutes. There was no overtime BUT you couldn't leave until the last call in queue was handled no matter how long it took. There is no advancement or benefits.
Pros
n/a
It is a great company
Staff (Current Employee) –  PAMay 1, 2018
It is a great company. In my line of work there is little work-life balance. Overall, the company is average. The compensation is decent, benefits are lacking, job security is present and management is headed in the right direction. Overall, it is a great company by today's standards. The only area that I see need for improvements are work/life balance and the benefits.
Pros
Management is forward thinking
Cons
work/life balance
My opinion on work culture.
Quality Control Inspector/Shipping (Current Employee) –  Broomall, PAApril 30, 2018
My typical day starts at 6 am. My supervisor has my work already prepared for me to do when i arrive in at 6 am. Which starts out with cleaning and then repairing medical alert devices. I have been able to learn how to repair and program some medical alert devices. I also help in other departments in the company, such as quality control,shipping and returns. Only see management once a week. Great work place culture people are very friendly and helpful. Not being paid like others who do comparable jobs. The people that i work with.
Pros
Free fruit and pizza sometime
Cons
Unable to retain good employees
Fast paced, stressful, and unorganized
Technical Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 19, 2018
A typical work day consists of heavy volume calls and not enough workers to handle them. My immediate supervisor was great and taught me how to get my average handle time down to meet and exceed company's call metrics. the most enjoyable part of job was the feeling received from customers when I resolved their concerns on the first call, knowing that they are educated about the product they have, their problem is solved, and the satisfaction and gratitude they expressed knowing their product is properly functioning and they were able to get it done in a single call.
Pros
Weekly pay, great benefits, and many perks such as employee discounts on many things, car rentals, dining, traveling, and much more.
Cons
Low employee morale, incompetent management, and low employee retention on top of being understaffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Connect America. Our community is ready to answer.