Connect Wireless Employee Reviews

Had to much fun!
Store Manager & Cellular Sales (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMJuly 9, 2018
I loved the job, met people that I will be lifelong friends with. Just like any company it had its ups and downs I loved working for them I was forced to leave over a misunderstanding but I highly recommend if you're an opportunist, definitely not for lazy people.
Pros
Manager pay
Cons
low pay for entry level employees
Representin the Blue
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  OregonMay 29, 2018
Awesome company, authorized retailer for AT&T. The stuff you can purchase for your uniforms is just unreal. I love walking around town wearing my ATT gear. I get lots of questions and always recommend sales on my days off ,
The potential to make more money is always here. You get paid based off your GP a percentage, and everything you do/sell adds to your GP. Additional spiffs and perks and bonuses every month for DTV sales etc.
Pros
awesome location, co workers, the store, AC in the summer, heat in the winter, always hands on with the latest tech
Cons
Split days off occasionally, and holidays.
Nope
Spokane Valley - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 25, 2018
I didn't like working for this place. If you weren't a member of the "boys club" you didn't matter, the management is harsh. Yes it is a sales based job so it is more difficult then what your average job would be and I understood that when I took the job. Don't recommend
connect wireless
Store Manager/ RSC (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 23, 2018
the salary positions ( management ) are to long and everyday. most of the time working over 55 plus hours a week and after all whose hours you end up making less than the employees.
Pros
help customers
Cons
pay
You will never make even 35k as a rep
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  IDFebruary 8, 2018
Posting says 35k-60k for retail sales consultants. I can promise you will never make even 35k. Company is continuing to get worse and worse , turning into a big business mindset with how they treat their employees. Don’t work here if you want to pay your bills. You will always be told whatever you want to hear.
Pros
Discount on service
Cons
The management is full of liars and empty promises
Sketchy upper management
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WANovember 28, 2017
A lot of illegal things went on in the back ground and no one did anything about it. These people have no qualms ripping off their customers, not to mention their employees.
Pros
Discounts on product, some of my coworkers were good honest people
Cons
upper managment was awful
Connect
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Parker, COAugust 22, 2017
Connect was a fine place to work coustomer you have to work with all the time and some can be meen. selling DTV is a must if you want to bet paid at all
Pros
can make as much as you want
Cons
have to be there all the time
Fun place to work with entertaining coworkers
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJuly 20, 2017
Typical day at work required keeping the workplace clean, selling devices and products to the customers as well as helping them with their phone plan and their current technology if they came in for support. I learned technical support as well as managerial support. Management was always differing as I got moved to whichever store needed me. Some managers were great, some were awful. The hardest part of the job is no one was happy when AT&T got rid of contracts for cell phones. The most enjoyable part was seeing how happy people were when they got to open their new phone.
Pros
hour lunches, lax environment. Commission AND base pay
Cons
manager turnover, angry customers.
Terrible if you want a work/life balance
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJuly 13, 2017
Connect suffers from what a lot of agent locations suffer from. Inadequate staffing led to a terrible work/life balance (I often was working 55+ hours per work, of course on salary). Keeping employees motivated was a struggle as well, like most agents their compensation structure is very lacking. Finally they are a what have you done for me lately company, after 2.5 years of solid performance, they let me go after one month of low performance in one metric. Frustrating when you want stability and a career.
Best of all Authorized Retail
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 14, 2017
Isn't saying much. Micromanaged lifestyle has to suit you or you won't last. you get paid enough to stay in your position unhappily. Just when you give in to all of the senseless orders, they make up new busy work.
Pros
better than other authorized retail, HR isn't really a thing, im trying to find pros here
Cons
micromanagement, unattainable goals, upper management will bus chuck you to save themselves when they ask illegal acts, they say 65k minimum and the chance to make another few hundred in commission, its a joke
Not All That Great
RSC (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAMay 13, 2017
The job itself isin't that bad but the company is not worth putting any time into. They pay minimum wage and commission, which is subject to being kept if you don't hit a certain amount of one product.

Management isin't great at communicating and is out for themselves first. If you are looking for something that is a career, I would strongly look elsewhere.
Pros
Work with latest technology
Cons
Minimum Wage, Poor Commissions plan, Terrible Management
Decent company to work for, unless you work in a slow store. Comp structure is not great unless you have a lot of sales oppurtunites.
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tigard, ORApril 19, 2017
Mediocre company to work for. If you work in a slow store you don't have a great opportunity to make much money. Benefits are mediocre. Management has it's moments of clarity but overall is kind of lackluster.
Pros
Access to health benefits.
Cons
Lackluster management, relatively weak comp structure.
Great Company
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Parker, COJanuary 29, 2017
Connect is a great company that truly wants to see driven people succeed. There is ample opportunity for advancement and a career. A typical day includes customer service, sales, customer relations, and holding peers accountable and coaching when necessary. The culture is top notch with an air team and success.
Minimum wage with little compensation and stressed obligations
Management (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 9, 2016
Of the course of one year, many of my co-workers had more than 5 managers. Training and store organization was inconsistent and intolerable. Pay structure was complicated and often had to be corrected. Once my DM took his position he was able to correct and excel behaviors in management and store goals. This still never corrected the pay and benefit issues that the company offered. As a manager I still doubt that they will compensate what they advertise.
Pros
Some quality upper management
Cons
Inconsistent compensation and bonuses
Horrible Management
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJune 27, 2016
One of the worst companies I've ever worked for. I was harassed by the manager simply for being a woman. Never felt the joys of job security, people were quitting and/or getting fired left and right. I wouldn't recommend working for this company.
Good people to work with. Fun working place
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 8, 2015
Typical day at work would be answering phones, calling on past due accounts, opening the mail, invoicing, running monthly reports. I learned to speak more Spanish at the office and to be more helpful. I helped with the management of the office by assisting others. My co-worker was easy to work with. There was no hard part with my job. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we got together for birthdays and holidays
Pros
occasional free lunches
Cons
no dental insurance
It's Ok...
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 27, 2014
The owners are really lay back, really helpful and humans. The down side is, their lack of organization and they do not get together on one thing. Pay rate, is survival mode, even do it can not be ask much from the business, because as a Authorize dealer, is not much that they can do with benefits and more. Business depends only on accessories sales. Between who they represent and the burns of each location, is not much what they can offered to their employees.

As a momentarily and stepping tool in life, is a great job, also a great people to work with, if you have almost no major responsibilities.
Pros
Great Team to work with. They are there for you any time and all the time.
Cons
salary, and long days.
never worked for such a greedy company
munion (Former Employee) –  WashingtonNovember 15, 2014
They make u pay for their costs of doing business, I have never before seen anything like it. If you make a mistake u $$ pay for it uhm ok.. but if they make a mistake yep... it's still you who pays for it.... inventory stolen..... yep you pay for it.... helping customers trade in a phone and before it gets back to att if say it stops taking a charge...yep u get said it, it comes out of your check! Anything that I've seen normal companies understand it's the cost of doing business connect makes it your problem and you pay for it while I'm sure st the end of the year they write it off aag as in "as cost of doing business" stingy on w everything even office supplies! Run stores short staffed and don't understand why no one's happy. Get a clue why u can't get good customer service scores. They pay u a little better than smart wireless but it's still aweful pay for what u do and in comparison to other wireless companies..... screw up ur checks all the time .... if u owe them money due to an error it's owed right now damit.... if they owe u oh well we will pay you on your next check. They can't tell you exactly how ur paid no one has an itemized sheet to follow but they sure can charge u back. Oh but u best be happy and kiss butt telling them why u love working here.
Pros
blinded by all the cons
Cons
hours, pay, company policies, poor treatment.
high horse
sales (Former Employee) –  coloradoSeptember 24, 2014
you go to weekly meeting even if its your day off. to be told how lucky you are to work for them and then say if you don't like them go flip burgers... will keep you under staffed and expect you to cover the shift and since your not hourly you get screwed.
Pros
some of the other sales reps are cool
Cons
pay compared to other are low lots of meetings and don't care about there employees
Productive And Fun Work Place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  palm desertAugust 13, 2014
Helping customers out with day to day technical support as well as customer service. I enjoyed on helping customers with their phone troubles.
Pros
The joy in customers faces when they leave.
Cons
Short Breaks, Working 7 days a week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Connect Wireless. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.6

1.5Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight