ConnectiCare Employee Reviews

Poor Management & HR department
Pend/Adjustment claims specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTNovember 14, 2018
I was treated unfairly and unappreciated for all the hard work I always did, I am a very hard worker and always cared how well I performed my job & that goes for anywhere I work. Poor management, felt as though, instead of management being on your "side", they were against you. You go to HR to report this behavior and it gets turned around on YOU. Horrible feeling. I loved the job itself and felt as though I was helping people, which I enjoyed.
Pros
Good pay, vacation time & benefits
Cons
Poor Management through and through
competitive pay
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTNovember 1, 2018
Learned a great deal about the Medicare system, claims an billing. A typical work day consisted of phone calls all day.Created interactive games for employees to enjoy themselves.
there was a major change in management styles
DIRECTOR, UTILIZATION MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTOctober 25, 2018
people were friendly, Management used to be awesome, Then they brought in some new people and the culture completely changed. In the health services area - almost everyone left who was in a management position. That make it tough for the rest of us
Pros
nice building, friendly
Cons
unrealistic work expectations
Senior Accountant / Corporate Finance (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTOctober 23, 2018
ConnectiCare is a great place to work. It is slightly difficult to move up within the company as it is a small company. The award programs are nice if management would submit employee for awards.
Pros
flexible work schedule in most departments
Cons
some directors are clueless and should be replaced.
High School Mentality
Pend Adjustment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTOctober 21, 2018
The department I was in had a high school mentalty. Manager and supervisor included, there was no trust and not a healthy environment to work in. Very unfair place to work.
Change is constant
employee (Current Employee) –  FarmingtonOctober 16, 2018
CCI was once a great company to work for. The last two years it has been in constant turmoil and changes have not been fruitful for the company or the employees. There is no connection between the middle to upper management and the actual workforce. Upper management is not aware of the lack of decision making there is at the management level and this is why we just put out fires instead of preventing them. It makes me sad to have to leave here.
Pros
flexible WAH schedule
Cons
managment
typical day at work
Customer/Provider Representative (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CT 06034October 11, 2018
A typical day at work is constant micro managing, you have a set time you must abide by other wise you will be penalized for not following set schedule.
Small health plan
Director, Network Contracting (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTSeptember 27, 2018
Opportunities for both member and employee retention .

Organizational processes lacking and accountability of management required .

Small organization allows quicker turn around a.
Changed
Manager (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTSeptember 24, 2018
I loved working here, but it has changed over the last few years. I have been given the opportunity to grow and learn, but working in silo's as it is now, has been very difficult.
Cares about customers
Employee (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 10, 2018
ConnectiCare always puts it's clients and members first...they really care a great deal about health, well being and healthcare costs. It's admirable for an insurance company.
Stressful work environment
Wellness Trainer (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTAugust 1, 2018
Many lovely people work at Connecticare but the atmosphere is stressful with pressure to do more with less. Free parking and a nice cafeteria. Some nice company activities for employees.
Pros
Wellness initiatives for employees
Cons
pressure to work through lunches, breaks, later hours
Pend/Adjustment Specalist (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTJuly 14, 2018
Connecticare is a great place to work. It is a very demanding and sometimes stressful job, but I enjoy that about it. And if you work hard and do your job well you won't have any issues. Plus, in my dept I am able to work from home full time. My supervisor is great and very accommodating. This is by far the best job I've ever had. Only downfall I would say is all the outsourcing the company is now doing. A lot of layoffs and currently not great job security.
Pros
Great people, work from home option
Cons
Outsourcing
Not the place for most
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJune 12, 2018
If you can deal with the confusion of the Healthcare Industry and don't mind going to 7 different screens or applications to get one answer, then this job is for you. The Learning Exchange/Mentor's were extremely rude,The training curriculum changed in the middle of the training. Management was not very accommodating with previously scheduled appointment. It was an overall bad experience thankfully I was only there less than 3 months so I don't have to include it on my resume.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Cafe to Expensive and not good, Poor Manangement
Patient
Direct Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTMay 28, 2018
Very busy work environment. Two 15 minute breaks and 30 minute lunch. All my coworkers were friendly and polite. There was always someone available to answer my questions.
Not for me
Call Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTMarch 18, 2018
I'm grateful for the opportunity and experienced gained but this was unfortunately not a place I would choose to have continued employment. I wish this company all the future success and may it find the right employees to help it's growth and create a healthy work environment for everybody.
This is not a nimble company.
Program Manager - Provider Networks (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTFebruary 22, 2018
Business and IT relationship were strained. IT felt they were the drivers of the business. Business did not feel they were getting what they asked for from IT. Business is king and should be treated that way. This was not happening.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
IT was thin and over worked
Not a bad place
Provder file (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTFebruary 10, 2018
Connecticare is not a bad place to work. I loved my job while I was there. Unfortunately my position was dissolved. If i wasn't laidoff I would have stayed until retirement
excellent place to grow
(CSA) Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTFebruary 6, 2018
A typical day at work consist of high call volume, I

learned excellent time management.

Management open floor policy to discuss all issues

Workplace culture,very diversity

My job was easy

The most enjoyable part of my job was working from home.
Micromanaged
Customer call center representative (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTFebruary 5, 2018
Every aspect of the job is tracked and ridiculed with not a lot of suggestions for ways to improve. Coworkers claim ideas as their own. Not a lot of training or developmental resources to further career or skill set.
Great Company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTFebruary 1, 2018
Good people and comfortable place to work. People are treated fairly and empowered to do their jobs. Nice benefits and solid products to sell. well respected company.
Pros
Good people and competitive products.
Cons
Industry constantly changing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ConnectiCare. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about