Connecticut Children's Medical Center
59Below average

Connecticut Children's Medical Center Employee Reviews

United States165 reviews
As I mentioned earlier, to see people caring for children in the most holistic way possible, is just simply breath taking. The dedication to children that employees have for the mission statement of CCMC is eye watering. I trust the staff at CCMC with my own children. It is such a pleasure to just be able to trust your child’s caregivers at times when you need it the most. CCMC will capture your heart as well as your trust.
Pros
Employees, management, love for children, and dedication.
Cons
Benefits/Pay, Flexible schedule, advancement, and parking.
Lack of encouragement, lack of leadership. Poor work hours. No work, life balance, no one listens. Everyone is replaceable, lack of respect, incivility!
Pros
Nurses are great!
Cons
Hostile environment from leadership
Avery rewarding job! Loved seeing the children everyday and meeting all different types of families and children.
Some days the job was very very difficult, but at the end of the day, it was very very rewarding.
The typical day consists of case cart set ups, decontamination, prep and pack, sterilization and storage of instruments. You can learn new tasks if you are willing. They do welcome people stepping up to the plate to learn new tasks.
I have amazing coworkers and decent pay; however, my managers play favorites and have empty promises. There are a lot of educational opportunities and I have learned a lot.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
A great institution that provides the highest quality of medical care. All health care professionals are extremely compassionate and that creates an inviting environment one wants to be in when receiving care.
At CCMC it was all about the kids ! At times the staff was streched thin. I doubt anyone who I worked with there 20 years ago is still there !
The line staff was amazing - supported each other and was very talented!
Hospital for children one of the best in CT. From the interview process to the 3 years I’ve been there. Pays very well and management always supports you
The mission of the hospital is dedicated to the well being of the patients and their families this is why it is mandatory for all employees to get their flu shot. The less sick employees the better for the patients we reserve.
Negative culture of teamwork overall. Expectations often unrealistic.
Working with and helping children can be very rewarding but often emotionally draining
Practice managers expresses favoritism and pins employees against each other through lying. The work that you do there is important but the conditions you work under are terrible
The nurses and staff on unit that I was assigned for my clinical rotation were receptive and furthered my education. Overall, I had a wonderful clinical rotation.
No diversity throughout the organization and no pay equity for minorities. It seems they are aware and want to make changes but it has been a slow process and met with tremendous reluctance for upper management.
I enjoy working here. Everyone has a role and they do their role well. I enjoy my co-workers and the happy work environment. I work in a unique space.
My experience at Connecticut children’s was good I loved my job, loved coming into work everyday. I would definitely recommend others to apply there. The down fall though is security Managment needs Less Micro managing also the pay was way too low for the tasks we were given. Other than that cool place to be.
Pros
Fun to place to work
Cons
Managment
Few employee perks here. Parking is a nightmare, whether it's the garage or shuttle. Benefits are not competitive with other hospitals. There is no employee discount in the cafeteria. Pay is good. Schedule is unpredictable.
Working with children from all sorts of backgrounds and dealing with all sorts of issues was always great.

Executive Management Team has really come a long way and seems to be keeping the hospital on the right track for success.

Unfortunately directors and managers from specific departments have been nothing short of irrelevant, incompetent and useless. There is a system of do as I say not as I do that has been established. Leadership at this level does not understand the idea of lead by example and utilize the hospital's "200% Accountability" policy only as a means to keep staff in check but not as something they have to abide by.

The hospital has recently seen a huge turnover rate for some departments. With this comes the question of why they are losing so many staff. Easy answer is lack of actual leadership and a serious lack of understanding and care for issues that staff have voiced. Unfortunately this is ignored constantly and replaced with nonsense excuses.

Overall working with a majority of the patients, staff and departments has been an excellent experience! There are a lot of talented individuals who work for this organization that have excellent potential.
Pros
Benefits. Staff. Patients.
Cons
Connecticut Children’s Medical Center, Hartford, CT Accounts Payable department is disorganized with a high employee turnaround. Furthermore, the training provided is terrible, along with a stressful and overwhelming work environment. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work in Accounts payable department at least at the Connecticut Blvd, Hartford, CT location.
Liked the different cultures of people i worked with. Management on the other hand was to concerned about quantity over quality. Working to get a claim paid should be Quality over Quantity--rushing to make prodictivity numbers causes errors and alot of rework which is wasteful. H.R. is not confidential and will always stand behind management.
My time at CCMC was a student internship over the spring semester of my senior year. I was fortunate to have worked in several aspects of Supply Chain Management. I worked in inventory, warehouse logistics, procurement and vendor relations. The team at CCMC were great to work with. They took the time to spend with me to in each of these areas. It was a very good professional experience.
I rotated between twelve hour shifts seven to seven . As a resource nurse all assignments were reviewed and nurse to nurse report was accomplished with “walking rounds” Safety checks done on each patient and families involved with report. Management only on site two days per eek during the day but supervisors available at all times Very involved in admissions and Plan of care with PA and IMT Doctors as a collaborative group
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Connecticut Children's Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.7
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight