Connecticut Children's Medical Center Employee Reviews

I wouldn't bring my children anywhere else for services
Executive Associate (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 10, 2018
In the hospital and ambulatory clinics, employees care about children and their experience being a positive one, no matter the circumstances or duration of the visit.
Ccmc
Staff Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 5, 2018
I recently retired from full time employment at CCMC. I would happily remain there as a per diem employee, however there are no current openings. CCMC offered me wonderful opportunities to increase my skills to include all aspects of neonatal and pediatric care.
Terrible Management
Healthcare Access (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 22, 2018
Low paying compared to other area hospitals. Benefits are not as competitive. They do not value their employees. Do yourself a favor and seek employment elsewhere. Lack of training. Thrown into a job with limited training. Management does not value their employees opinions if they differ from management. They do not understand employees have families and have to tend to children when they are sick.
Great place to work for
Admin Assist for Pedi Heart Surgeon (Former Employee) –  Hartford ctAugust 21, 2018
Great Drs and other staff support. Was more than patient with the initial training for job. The hardest part of the job was having to meet the upset parents and family members coordinating times and updating information regarding operation on their child
Pros
Great staff to work with
Very peaceful and suportive workplace
Spanish Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 16, 2018
As an interpreted we get called to assist with the communication between the staff/providers with families. I learn about family dynamics and clinical content. The staff is very welcoming and very professional.
Pros
Compensation
learned a new Infor Global HR technology
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTAugust 16, 2018
They put me immediately in training to support a new technology for implementation of an ERP/HR application. This made use of my javascript and SQL Server skillset.
Strong Executive Management Team in place now
Director Patient Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 15, 2018
I enjoyed my time at CT Children's and think it's a great place to work, however, the expectations on management are unrealistic, very little support and few resources to help them succeed.
Wasted time
Classroom Aide (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTAugust 3, 2018
Without a doubt the worst job I’ve ever had. Wish I could get back every minute I wasted working here. Management picks and chooses favorites. Turnover rate is incredibly high, coworkers will often “dissapear” over the weekend and never return because they were fired. Meanwhile the new replacement would start the same week. Absolutely no job security or employee loyalty here. Don’t waste your time, Education, and patience with this place.
Pros
The Kids
Cons
Fake coworkers, management picks favorites, broken promises from admin, no advancement, high turnover.
Great Mission With Many Committed To It
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 3, 2018
Starting as a temp and later securing a full-time job, I saw how committed the staff was to the children and families. It's the kind of conviction and commitment you'd like to see in every job you have.
Pros
Great Mission, Great People
An average workplace experience
Coordinator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 11, 2018
If I only could have worked with the families, I would have loved my job. Typical workplace "politics" and less than adequate support from management was the norm.
Pros
free parking
Great
Medical Assistant (ENT) (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 20, 2018
Their employees are part of a team more like a family. We work together on our mission to make all the kids in ct as healthy and be there best self. We pride in helping all kids no matter the age and their families
Lots of room for growth
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 20, 2018
I love working here. There is a lot of growth within the company. I leave most days feeling very fulfilled with the care I've been able to give to my patients.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
short staffed at times
Great Place to work
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 16, 2018
if you love children this is a great place to work. the employess and the managers are great. the pay and benefits are really good here. if you considering working here then this is the perfect place.
CT Children's is passionate about patient safety and patient/family experience
Skin Nurse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 22, 2018
CT Children's is where I have held a number of nursing roles over my career. As a passionate pediatric nurse I was able to realize an exceptional level of knowledge, expertise and excellent patient care.
I have taught, mentored and grown a great number of newly graduated and newly hired nurses, especially in the critical care areas.
As in any institution, there are individuals who enhance your work environment and there are those who have a negative impact. I have observed both not only personally but with other members of the hospital team.
It speaks to the integrity of the overall culture of patient safety and patient/family experience that I have remained employed at CT Children's for since its inception in 1996.
Pros
no cost parking, remarkable growth within and extending across the state, high standards of care and transparency with adverse events, great number of talented and dedicated MDs, RNs and other interdisciplinary caregivers.
Cons
limited opportunity for nursing advancement
Healthcare Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 13, 2018
I enjoyed my time at the Childrens Hospital. I learned alot while I was there. One of the major things was to prioritize your duties, since it was a very busy hospital.
Pros
Good Money, Hours were great, very flexible
Cons
The drive into Hartford wasnt very fun
CCMC was the best job I ever had
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTMay 8, 2018
I loved working for a childrens' hospital. It made me feel good to try and help get the bills paid for these sick children and their parents and my co-workers were the best.
benefits
Cons
hospital raises are that great
Flexible Schedule
Medical Staff Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 7, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the position was the ability for a flexible work schedule. The ability to use accrued PTO after probationary period is completed.
Pros
Can make your own schedule
Cons
Management at times
Fun child-oriented and exciting!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 10, 2018
A tyopical work day is fast-paced but not overwhelming, making for the work day to go by fast but smooth. all employees including uopper management are friendly and outgoing
great staff stressful environment
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTMarch 27, 2018
hard environment with lots of stress but great staff. Good benefits. Sometimes was hard to communicate with admin. Low pay for hard work and no real ability to get raises.
Excellent care for children
NICU Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 2, 2018
Prefer not to answer at this time; survey is too time consuming; there are many benefits to working; the hospital is well respected in the community.
Pros
Lots of continuing education
Cons
Often Short staffed