Connecticut College Employee Reviews

Safety health
Custodian (Current Employee) –  New London, CTFebruary 5, 2019
Life balance,,maintenace,cleaning, flexible working hours,,..good benefits etc..great for anyone..I learned a lot in this work place..the culture is different as mine,the job is great and easy for anyone who wants to work there..How to work with other co workers. How to treat the peoples etc..The hardest part of the job it's when you have to do project and move equipment and furniture all over the place.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Management change
Bad student experience
Student Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  New London, CTJanuary 8, 2019
I was left alone with little guidence and did not receieve what I was promised. I was told I would get to help with experiements and was left to wash dishes instead.
Poor Management
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New London, CT 06320December 5, 2018
Morale is low under new management. They seem more interested in hiring students to do a majority of tasks and than in hiring skilled adults. Hours have been cut in many departments. Management is ungrateful as it demands more and pays less. Once this was considered a great place to work but that is no longer accurate.
Pros
Close to my home, great day-to-day co-workers
Cons
Bad management
Fair and great environment.
REAL Staff, Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  New London, CTNovember 27, 2018
Easy Job, the employers are fair and kind. Caring for students is fun and does not require any backbreaking work. It has a bunch of benefits I have gained great leadership experience.
Undergraduate Lab Setting working with mapping Isoprene in the atmosphere
Advanced Chemistry Lab- Only Student (Former Employee) –  New London, CTMay 31, 2018
Learned how to properly set up a HeNe Laser and QCL for use with the atmospheric mapping of Isoprene. A typical day consisted of calibrating the lasers and setting up the rest of the lab since it was the professor's first year at the college.
Collaborative Work
Senior Admissions Fellow (Former Employee) –  New London, CTMarch 23, 2018
My job required a lot of collaboration and a lot of personal growth so it was extremely meaningful and beneficial to me. It was my responsibility to conduct evaluative interviews for prospective students. In order to do that to the best of my abilities, it required me to work well with others.
game room.
CUSTODIAN (Current Employee) –  New London, CTJanuary 27, 2018
Monday to Friday, I learned to communicate whit student ,we have picnic 2 time a year, places to work is very good. the culture is people from all over the world.
Pros
15 minute of break and .5 hour of lunch
Very good place to work.
First Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  New London, CTAugust 29, 2017
This was a good place to work with good coworkers. I would reccomend working at this location to anyone passionate about hire education. Facilities could use some upgrading.
Department Issues
Campus Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  New London, CTAugust 25, 2017
The department was run by Student Life. They did not have the officer's best interests in mind. There was a clash between safety of the campus and being counselors to the students.
Great place to work!
Administrator (Current Employee) –  New London, CTJune 12, 2017
The campus is full of people working hard to support the next generation of tremendous minds! Benefits are very generous and the academic calendar allows lots of time off.
Excellent family oriented, supportive environment that is focused on the student experience and success.
Information Services Financial Assistant (Current Employee) –  New London, CTApril 9, 2015
I have worked in three different divisions of the college over the past 15 years and have marveled at the evolution of the college services and opportunities.

Wonderful staff, management and co-workers that are like family to me.

I intend to move permanently to our home in Murrells Inlet, SC around the end of June 2015.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Salaries only increase by small percentages with not merit increases.
good place to intern
Internship (Former Employee) –  New London, CTFebruary 8, 2015
I had an internship at the college. My mentors were wonderful, however, the internship was not for someone who wanted a lot of social contact. I performed my tasks without much human contact. I believe that this was the hardest part of the internship...being quiet all day. The internship did not lead to any work opportunities.
Pros
Pleasant environment, enjoyable tasks
Cons
very quiet, not much social interaction
Great place to work with Students and Faculty
Technical Director and Production Manager (Former Employee) –  New London, CTOctober 2, 2014
I managed Palmer Auditorium, the Martha Myers / East Studio, Evans Hall and Tansill Theater.
I taught Dance and Theater Production and Design.
Patience
My managers were good to work with.
My Co-workers and Student workers were always pleasure to work with
The hardest part of the job was to juggle many things at once but that also made the job enjoyable.
Pros
Decent retirement plan
Cons
No respect for staff other that Faculty
Pretty good place to work.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  New LondonAugust 23, 2014
Good management, great pay, great co-workers, you are always doing something different. Great environment, everyone makes you feel welcome and is very helpful if you have any questions. After working full-time for a year you can go to the college for free i believe.
Pros
Free food, great pay, good people.
Cons
You start as an on call employee so you are not guaranteed any hours a week.
There is a price to pay for freedom
Computer Purchasing and Training Manager (Former Employee) –  New London, CTJune 30, 2014
I absolutely loved this job and the people that I worked for. Having worked here over 12 years I can honestly say that this was the best job I have ever had. Great environment, people, atmosphere and overall place to work.
Pros
Freedom of time and being with family during times of crisis
Cons
Hour long commute each way was getting tiring after 12 years. Also no more room for advancement
Terrific and supportive atmosphere in which to work.
Freelance. Guest Lecturer. (Current Employee) –  New London, CTJanuary 15, 2014
Terrific and supportive atmosphere in which to work.
Great students, articulate and involved classes.
Productive and enjoyable workplace with a view of the soccer pitch
Instructor (Former Employee) –  New London, CTNovember 8, 2013
This was a great job in a great location. New London is a beautiful town on the shore of Long Island Sound.