Connecticut Community Care Employee Reviews

Supportive, Caring Environment
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  BristolApril 2, 2019
CCC is a great place to work. They offer a flexible work environment and are supportive of their staff. The managers and directors really care and seem to work hard to come up with solutions to issues that arise. There are changes that are taking place in order to keep current with computer software and changes in the healthcare field which was a lot of work but things are better now that I have learned the new software. The benefits are fantastic!
Pros
Supportive managers and directors. Room for growth.
Stressful at times
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Watertown, CTMarch 21, 2019
The company is a good company but there are many changes. There are times there is not a good work balance. There is a need for more care managers and pay raise for the work done.
An Intern's Experience
Social Work Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTMarch 20, 2019
I was an intern at CCCI for a year as an undergraduate social work student. Overall the experience was wonderful because I got to not only assess clients and provide home visit follow-ups but I also was able to inventory and visit all of the Adult Day Centers with whom the state had contracts.
A great workplace that is buckling under stress from the state.
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTMarch 16, 2019
I love CCC. I definitely feel respected and cared for by my managers. I do not know upper-level management that well, to be frank, although I have never had a particularly negative interaction with them.

The pay is good. The benefits are good. My coworkers are good. There are many genuinely caring people who are invested in our clients' well-being. The time is flexible.

The workload is brutal. Even more frustrating than the volume of work is the spontaneity of it. There's too much randomness each month and you can't plan your visits around the surprise calls from clients who justifiably need help immediately. However, I am convinced that it is not entirely CCC's fault.

CCC is required by the state of CT to meet certain contract deliverables, and the agency is also forced to follow whatever absurd, nagging paperwork requirements the state decides are needed to justify caring for our clients. The state changes what it wants on almost a monthly basis and does not even remotely care about the demands it's making of its agencies. Every time state representatives come to talk to us, they are condescending, authoritarian, and threatening.

For the above reasons, I do wish CCC would stand up to the state more. They're afraid of losing their contracts to handle all the care management tasks, but CCC covers such a wide area and does such a generally good job, it would be impossible to replace us in a timely manner. It would surprise me very much if we didn't have the bargaining power to try to get the state to behave in a more reasonable way.

Employing more care managers
  more... is a great idea to help relieve the workload, too, but I have seen them trying to get more people on board already. There's a big new crop of care managers now. I'm not convinced that investing more workers will fix Connecticut's broken benefits system, the problems with which trickle down from the top, through us, to our clients.

I love my workplace, and I'd honestly have to say I would recommend it, especially in today's economy where employers are becoming less and less reasonable anyway. But to provide quality care to clients, something desperately needs to change, and I worry that CCC may be a little too compliant with the state's unreasonable demands for that to happen.
Pros
flexibility, good benefits, caring management
Cons
mountains of paperwork, management seems afraid of the state
Extremely stressful working environment
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTMarch 5, 2019
Great coworkers and generous benefit package but, the work load is unmanageable. Turnover is very high for the care managers. Morale is low for those who stay. Working overtime is the only way to complete work. Very little recognition from upper management for extra efforts. I am writing this review not to chastise the company but, with hopes that CCC management will wake up to concerns that they are losing wonderful care managers at high rates. And even though care managers bring these concerns to management regularly, nothing changes. CCC is a care management company and should care more about its care managers.
Pros
Telecommuting
Cons
Expected to work evenings and weekends w/out pay
Not worth it
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTDecember 21, 2018
there have been several changes to systems and assessment tools that have made the workload unmanageable. Management has yet to acknowledge this and still expects employees to sacrifice their personal lives to meet the demand. You'll be working 12+ just to keep up and never feel like you've made a dent. People cry regularly and it's now become the norm to work 50 - 60 hrs per week.
Pros
Telecommuting Clients Coworkers
Cons
Poor work life balance
Keep looking
Case Management (Former Employee) –  Bristol,CTNovember 22, 2018
The first image that you need to imagine is that little bird popping out of the cuckoo clock. Work for this place and that is the end result concerning your mental health.
If you can hold out for another job, my suggestion is to do just that. Don’t stop, don’t even slow down to take a look, just keep going. There is a valid reason why they continuously have openings.
Things need to change starting at the very top.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Taking the job
Team work and felt respected and supported
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTNovember 10, 2018
Excellent care management company that goes to extremes to try to help people . As a case manager, I had a client group whose care I managed and I felt very much supported by coworkers and management.
Pros
Moral building environment
Cons
Low pay scale
Productive, fun, respectful place
RECEPTIONIST/CALL CENTER REP (Former Employee) –  Bristol CtSeptember 29, 2018
This was the best job I’ve ever had. Everyone was friendly cooperative with one another. Always had answers to questions asked. I highly recommend this company..
Wonderful
Community Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Watertown, CT 06795August 25, 2018
I love working for CCCI. The environment and benefits are wonderful. A lot of travel when visiting clients, but mileage is reimbursed. Good benefits!!
Pros
work from home, good pay, flexible hours
Cons
high stress
Great co workers and ability to telecommute after one year
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  CTAugust 15, 2018
High expectations for all staff. Pay was good but work life balance was poor. Expect to work long hours especially if you take any sick or vacation time. Hard to sustain your energy in this fast paced environment.
Pros
Flex time. Work from home options. Great health care benefits.
Cons
Too stressful. People break down and cry at CCCI
Ccci
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTAugust 12, 2018
CCCI is a great company to work for. Everyone is very supportive, and there is a team atmosphere. Every time I needed a question answered, someone was right there with an answer. Recently though, the company has gone through some changes which has made case manager's work loads extremely difficult to manage, and there is too much expected of us. It is becoming very stressful.
Great co-workers
ABI Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Franklin, CTJuly 31, 2018
I have enjoyed my time at CCC. The best thing about the job was my co-workers. We kept things upbeat around the office although the pace was non-stop. Everybody believed in the team dynamics. There were no lone wolves in the office. If somebody needed an extra hand, there were plenty of folks ready to pitch in. I also enjoyed working with my clients. They were some special people, grateful for the benefits.Not much room to advance but a great mid-career stop.
Pros
Good people, cooperative spirit, good team
Cons
Overworked, minimal pay, cost of living too high in this State
Care Managers
Care Coordinator, for Companions and Homemakers (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJuly 30, 2018
Communication from the Care Managers and the company that I worked for was excellent when ever I had issues with one of their clients I was able to resolve the problem.
Housing Coordinator
Housing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTMay 20, 2018
-Worked with individuals in skilled nursing facilities to locate housing in the community
-Coordinated with staff to schedule meetings to review, document, and discuss progress for clients
Internship provided exceptional teaching and supervisory experience
Case Management - Intern (Former Employee) –  Watertown, CTMay 2, 2018
I found this work extremely rewarding to help people remain in their home with services needed. I learned much about the home care field and related agencies through this internship.
Pros
Open learning atmosphere
Cons
Case loads were heavy
Stressful yet Fulfilling Company
Community First Choice Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTDecember 9, 2017
Company focuses on case management and providing support to individuals receiving Medicaid and Medicare. At times, any position in the company can be over demanding and beyond stressful, but success within the population that we serve make it worth it.
telecommuting option, many days off
Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTSeptember 4, 2017
Great pay and benefits. Team approach. ongoing education provided. Multiple locations. Great mission to help people stay in their homes and to come home from a nursing home with the appropriate care and support.
Pros
flexible
Cons
workload
Love what I do and people I work with, very rewarding job, great benefits
Spanish Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Watertown, CTJanuary 20, 2017
great company to work for, lot experience worker with longivity years of working with this company, well know in the community, broad training to new Casemaneger
See below
Social Work Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Watertown, CTSeptember 24, 2016
A typical day was that there was no typical day. To me this was the most enjoyable part of the job. It was never routine. I learned how to prioritize and be very professional over the years. My coworkers were like family, especially in the beginning of my employment, and I still maintain close relationships with them to this day. The hardest part of the job was the politics. Also, the agency had a wonderful assessment tool, without the up to date technology to back it up. Hopefully this problem has been remedied. My clients were by for the most enjoyable part of the job. The ability to help them stay at home for as long as possible and to relieve caregiver stress with a good plan of care was very rewarding.
Pros
Good, close relationships with many co-workers, Knowledge of assisting those in need stay home with assistance as desired.
Cons
Large caseload (90 plus clients) and a very political environment at the end of my employment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Connecticut Community Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Connecticut Community Care Reviews by Location