Connecticut Food Bank Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace, Great Coworkers, but a Little Too Separated
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 16, 2015
I really enjoyed working here and it was heartbreaking when I had to leave simply because of how much like a family it felt. Everyone was always willing to lend a hand no matter what department they were from and that really shows character. It felt like most people were really working for the message of the non-profit, and that was great. My only complaint (which is a tad hypocritical) is that, as I've heard is typical of the non profit sector, the turnover rate was so high. It was sad to see people go, one after the other, but it was great getting to know each and every one for however long I could.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Feels like sometimes there are unnecessary roadblocks
Strengths & Diverse positions
Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTDecember 30, 2012
I have a 3 year experience in a non-profit organization as a warehouse receiving coordinator. I have held positions such as an Administrator, Human Resource-point of contact personnel, Paralegal, Secretarial, Administrative Assistant, and Receptionist. My past successes demonstrate strengths in managing diverse jobs.
My innate sense for planning and following through on logistics enhanced my ability to identify, and strengthened leadership. I pride myself to adapt, relate and interface with a wide-range of members.
Dynamic work style: I am a fast learner of complex concepts and work well, both independently and as part of a team. Working in a warehouse environment requires tremendous amount of ability to meet strict deadlines, multi-tasking, organizing, prioritizing, and working under pressure. As a receiving coordinator I excelled and demonstrate all the above. My ability to manage time effectively, responsibly, and efficiently were the reason for a third internal promotion. I also provide bilingual in Spanish assistance to departments. I apply strong interpersonal and communication skills in working with a wide range of personnel at all levels to gain valuable insights, avoid potential problems, and facilitate the timely completion of projects.
The following highlights a few of my daily tasks:
Responsibilities included: coordinating and processing the receiving of purchases & product donations into Ceres. Ensure that every item has been received in properly according to Feeding America Inventory Standards & Requirements, (FAISR). Generated item cards, and processed pallet
  more... tags for the identification of products. Enter data in the Item Nutritional Quality (INQ’s) food product ranking. Assist in physical inventory cycle counts, spot checks, quarterly and FYE. Confirmed USDA-Tefap product shipments and entered information into Ceres including proof of delivery via facsimile, correspondence, scanning and/or email to the Department of Social Services, CT/D.S.S.
Organized warehouse, and allocated products to facilitate the order picking system. Amended receiving protocols for the organization, problem solving for other branches and assists in QC’s. Covered shifts during the absence of the Warehouse Manager, Inventory Control, Logistics Supervisor and Distribution personnel.
Pros
manage
Cons
not enough time in the day.