Connecticut Post Employee Reviews

Big Company
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 26, 2017
Fast pace. Loved working there because they were willing to train. Most customers I faced as I answered the phone lines, most customers were able to be calm, which allowed a calm resolution to most issues.
Pros
part time
Cons
not enough hours
Well... since no news is good news, I'd have to say that I sense I've done something wrong...lol.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  CTSeptember 6, 2017
I suppose this job gave a sense of validity to the idea of being given a task and you will be rewarded with a paycheck at the added expense of having to operate at the ungodly hours, and leaves you wondering why you're not still home in bed getting ready to actually wake up and do something more....pleasant. But coming back to the purpose, folks like to read about something outside their own realm, I can only guess.
DMS Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTNovember 12, 2014
I have been with this company for 23 years and a lot has changed. But change is good. I always excel myself 100% and do the best that I can do. I enjoy my co-workers. I'm looking to move on and it's time for a change.
Pros
enjoy my position
Cons
Salary
worked in newspaper factory
Distributor (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJuly 8, 2013
I worked from 9 am to 6 pm sometimes would stay for overtime. It was pretty simple. . The most enjoyable part of this job was everything. It occupied my time and made the day go faster.
Pros
Time passed
Cons
n/a
Great Company !
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJune 10, 2013
Staff and management is Great ! love going to work everyday.
Very productive
Connecticut Post (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMay 17, 2013
Down skids... placed newspaper ads into main newspaper using machinery required
Pros
The hours was great
Cons
nothing bad to say about this job
Just standing around
Inserter Operator (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMarch 24, 2013
My experience with this job was really bad. I got a call to come in for and interview and was told that I had to take a drug test,which was no problem for me but when all was done I landed the job expecting to be starting a job that was drug free. I was wrong about that. The employees there were smoking weed every little chance they had. Employees were rude and did what ever they wanted. People had alot of free time on there hands because the inserter machines broke down alot and alot of times we would have to wait for more papers to insert, which would sometimes take hours resulting in everyone standing around with nothing to do. Because of all the waiting, we had to work 12 to 15 hour shifts a day, some people did more. After about a month and a half I began getting the worst pain in my legs that I ever felt. I hung in there for about another month and decided enough was enough and I quit.
Pros
alot of breaks
Cons
to many breaks
Friendly fun work place
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 22, 2012
Working at the CT Post is amazing, the staff is very friendly and management is very helpful at all times . I love the people i work with the second best crowd Ive ever worked with being this is my 2nd job. The hardest part at work is when call volume is high and you have an irate customer but nothing stops me from gettin through my day , my most enjoying part of my day is knowing the customer i help hung up satisfied .
Pros
commission
Cons
short breaks
Nice steady work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMay 15, 2012
A typical day would be actually a graveshift from 7-3 or it can stretch to 6 or 7 in the morning. I have learned how the paper is ran and the production line of the paper. The management was good, supportive, and very responsive to questions and needs. The co-workers were along the same lines of the management. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the over night schedule. The enjoyable part of the job is the nice steady work flow.
Pros
nice steady work flow
Cons
inconsistant management personel