Connecting Point Employee Reviews

Not bad for a small MSP... but...
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 18, 2018
They try... they really do. Unfortunately they're constantly crippled by turnover and shortsighted managerial decisions. No security, no industry standard best practices. 2-3 people on a helpdesk, no escalation team, and everyone having to cowboy things because of the lack of documentation or standards.

The only team that has any training is the project team. Everyone else is so overworked that they never get the training time that they're promised. Only one employee has received any industry certifications in the last 3 years.

It's a job, it'll pay the bills, but only if you're okay being a yes man or not rocking the boat while settling for playing in the MSP little leagues.
Very productive and worthwhile program
Client/ Trainee (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAJuly 17, 2018
They were great they helped me a lot. I got a lot out of their daily activities and their career counselor is fantastic at what she does. Very worthwhile program, I recommend it for anyone who is interested in improving there skills while looking for employment elsewhere
Summary
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 6, 2018
Great culture good supervision. Hard to agree on things in consortium but they no longer have that system. Good place to work, minimal pay. Good life work balance
Laid back IT services company.
IT Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCDecember 27, 2017
Laid back IT services company. Very independent and self starter. Go with the flow type of place. Good Customer service and definite absence of corporate atmosphere.
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NC 28557December 3, 2017
Good place to work. Friendly people to work with. Good hours, M-F, no weekends. Good social events during the holidays and sometimes on weekends. Nice.
Pros
Good work environment.
Cons
Small company.
Good Attitude, but very conservative atmosphere
Network Operations Center Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 8, 2017
I enjoyed the work and the people, but CEO is always around and difficult to be around. Also witnessed some very questionable staffing choices, removing some dedicated and productive workers for short gains in revenue.
very busy paper cutting business
Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 12, 2017
collecting accounts receivables and preparing accounts payable
payroll
that paper comes in many shapes and sizes
working with very friendly co workers
Great Company, Bright Future
Corporate Communications and Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Watertown, SDOctober 31, 2016
Great company to work for. Team environment. Very flexible work/life schedule with an understanding boss. Would return if a position opened up that I was suited for, and I was looking.
Connecting Point is No Longer in Business
Receptionist - Facilities Department (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 7, 2016
My job was to schedule counseling appointments, monitor the waiting room, answer the phones, order supplies, and act as safety coordinator in case of emergency.

The hardest part of the job was to see children struggle with mental illness or homelessness.
Pros
Co-workers and Vendors
Cons
Pay Rate, office conditions
Technical Intern (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, NEOctober 14, 2015
Connecting Point is a great place to work with a fun atmosphere. I have learned a lot from the entire team there. My co-workers are very helpful while helping me train during my internship.
Good Local Company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 10, 2015
This is a good technology company that treats its employees very well. They support large and small businesses with cutting edge technology.
Great Opportunity
Computer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHMarch 27, 2015
It was a great opportunity to create and manage a thriving College Computer Support Environment. I was able to grow as a manger and learn more than I ever expected.
Pros
Great Opportunity
Cons
Ended when I left the university.
Lack of Management Expertise
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIFebruary 18, 2014
This is a family run business and is treated as so. If they were to get in better management or even hire a full time project manager their profits would soar.
Pros
Family environment, good benefits
Cons
Pillow talk
loved everthing
Teachers Aide (Former Employee) –  toledo ohOctober 24, 2013
it was an after school program working with kids and making lesson plans i learned to handle kids and what their likes and dislikes were my manager was a very kind hearted lady she hired me even though i had no experience and it was my very first job i loved her for that i really didnt work along side anyone i was in a class with the kids. i can say the hardest part of the job was getting some of the kids to settle down and not pick with other kids but mostly i really enjoyed working with kids i think thats what made me want to have kids of my own
Pros
working with kids
Cons
working part time so i didnt get any benefits
Took Position Against Advice of Other
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 30, 2013
I was told by two former employees not to take the position. I went against their warning and decided to do so. I was shocked that I was suddenly let go after months of nothing but positive feedback. The management lacks direction and accountability. I left a place where I was very happy and the team was great for Connecting Point. The workers are truly the heart and soul, and go largely under-appreciated.
Pros
Fair certification path
Cons
Customer service, communication
Great place to work and a place to learn and grow
Facilitator I-Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 17, 2013
Productive and alot of room for growth. Autonomous atmosphere and learned alot from my time there.
Pros
working with children from foster care and closely with CSB
Great company culture
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, NEJune 23, 2013
The workplace is very productive with a very good team atmosphere. All of the managers are easy to get along with and work in tandem with.
Supportive Services for family and Children
Office based Therapist Intern (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 9, 2012
As an intern it was ideal. Lots if hands on learning with opportunity to practice what you've learned.
Pros
everything was a team effort
Cons
no longer in business.