Connecting the Pieces, LLC Employee Reviews

New Office
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Wayne, PASeptember 11, 2019
CTP moved to a brand new office about a month after I started working. Very nice. Everyone is friendly and collaborative. My time there allowed me to use my skills/knowledge.
Contractor work for behavioral field
Learning Coach (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 1, 2019
Overall not bad experience. You contractor so no benefits and you pay own taxes. Pay not bad starting $20 per hour. You can negotiate. You make own schedule. However did not like the fact that if client canceled appointment even within the hour you still don’t get paid. Sometimes not enough cases
Pros
Pay, own schedule
Cons
No benefits, contractor pay own taxes
No Community
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 22, 2019
no community, you're on your own. Only answer emails when its convenient to them. other wise they will ignore you. If you reach out with a question you're often met with condescending responses.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
No Supervision
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 7, 2019
Good Contractor. You get to pick your own salary, the families are good and the children are fun to work with. My favorite company we work with is Elwyn Apple seeds i love working with the young children
Average employment
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  PAFebruary 18, 2019
I was an independent contractor with CTP and had a hard time getting cases and hours. I ended up only having one case for 15 hours. I was not guaranteed hours or cases, however, the available cases were minimal and some were over 30 minutes drive from my home for maybe a 2 hour session (1 hour driving for 2 hours work).
Pros
Could choose cases, everything is done electronically
Cons
Lack of available cases/hours
Don't come through with promotional development
ABA Therapist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 18, 2018
At the time I started with this company I was assured supervision hours that I need. They never came through with it despite numerous promises. My career is set back incrementally due to this. I finally had to leave the company.

There are also areas of professional development that other companies have helped their employees with that Connecting the Pieces has refused to do. This also has set my career path back.

They are disorganized and never had all of my paperwork which took up a great deal of time and prevented me from starting right away. Should have been a warning sign.

I highly recommend being wary of this company before taking on a position there. It may be to your detriment and ultimately to the detriment of special needs children which is inexcusable.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No benefits and no guarantee of professional development
Worst management ever
ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  Wayne, PAAugust 24, 2018
Worst job ever!!!! After you turn in your clearances they literally stop responding to you. I know multiple people who have worked for this company and they have all complained about it. We literally all sent them an email asking for a case to work and they sent us all back the same copied and late message to shut us up by saying they are working hard to get back to us. The pay is good but the pay doesn’t matter if they never give you work. This company is not worth it. They never answer phones calls or emails. They never send you new work. It’s just all around bad. It’s really not worth it so I advise y’all to stay far far away from this company!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Not for everyone but worked for me
Paraprofessional Contractor (Current Employee) –  Wayne, PAAugust 13, 2018
A simple work week at best. Leaves room for nice life/work balance. The pay is above what most other companies and businesses would pay for the position. Milage included which was nice since my commute was a bit further than I would have liked. NOT FULL TIME HOURS.

Have to pay your own taxes (which you should know ahead of time)

Overall you pretty much work for yourself and your client.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Work from Home...Office in Wayne PAJune 5, 2018
CTP is a very nice place to work. As an Independent Contractor I can make or change my schedule when needed. The pay is outstanding. The only drawback is when clients cancel you don't get compensated.
Pros
Basically my own boss.
Cons
Clients cancelling
Poor management/extremely unreliable
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Luzerne County, PAMarch 7, 2018
Management is incredibly unreliable and inconsistent. Very often took several days to respond to emails. The claim of "setting your own rate" is exaggerated, they will try to pay you as little as possible. No benefits.
Cons
unreliable clients/hours/management
Flexible and Great Team Collaboration
Adminsitrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAJanuary 31, 2018
I have been working for CTP for almost 3 years and it has been a great experience! CTP has employees and contractors. Employees do receive benefits.
I appreciate the flexibilty, the team collaboration and I enjoy coming to work every day knowing I am making a difference in the life of children.
A fun workplace and great clients to work with.
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAJanuary 16, 2018
My typical day was working with clients who needed safe techniques to help with their behavior. I have learned so much from my clients and how they learn differently and at their pace. The management was quick to answer any questions I had and easy to talk to. The hardest part was the traveling especially in the bad weather. The most enjoyable part of my job was spending time with my clients and watch them succeed.
Pros
working with clients
Cons
No healthcare or paid time off.
great opportunity for at-home teachers
Special Educator (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PASeptember 20, 2017
Great starting out opportunity for teachers who like a different type of working environment not in the classroom. I love working with the kids in their homes/classes online.
Pros
at home
Cons
in home
Great Company to work for
Direct Support Professional / PCA-ABA (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 31, 2017
Just wish there were health bnfts . I love that there is not a problem finding work, at the end of summer. You are able to bid for regular school year cases ..
Pros
nice pay
Cons
1099 employer
Pca
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAJuly 11, 2017
Worked as a PCA/learning coach with a 14 year old boy in his home cyber schooled. This job was extremely enjoyable for me as it was 1:1 position which was easier for me than being in the school environment. This position required me to be a tutor and a behavioral coach all at the same time. I forged a bond early with this child and we worked really well together. This position was one of the hardest positions I've ever had as I had to learn the back story to this individual and also try to educate him and care for him all at once. This job was tough. I will miss the family.
Pros
the pay was amazing and the experience was equally amazing.
Cons
lack of support from Connecting the Pieces
Rewarding Job
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 30, 2017
I have only been working for CTP for a short period of time, but I love it so far! The Administrative/Management department is very helpful. Its a joy working with children. My supervisors are very knowledgeable and they are always there to assist me if I need any assistance.
Great internship site
Counseling Intern (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 4, 2017
I enjoyed working as a counseling intern here because I worked with diverse client populations, which helped me figure out what populations interest me most. The office culture is laid-back and friendly. I got along well with my coworkers and supervisors. I would recommend that anyone seeking an internship site in Stillwater apply here.
Pros
Laid-back work environment, flexible work schedule, casual dress code
Fun, Exciting Work Environment
MS Counseling Intern (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 28, 2017
I definitely was never bored at my internship site. My supervisor and coworkers were fun, approachable people. Each had great experiences that were helpful for me as a beginning, learning therapist. They encouraged me to work with a variety of clients and could provide me suggestions and insight into what direction to take sessions with clients. I also felt like I could be colleagues but also friends with my coworkers because I could talk to them about my personal life without it interfering with my professional life. Some of my clients I worked with could be difficult, but my coworkers were constantly encouraging me to not give up. I loved my internship site.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great work environment, Steady client load
Cons
unpaid internship
life- changing work with students
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  PAApril 6, 2017
Since i began working with this company two+ years ago, i have had nothing but a positive experience. The support i receive from the directors and administrative staff helps me to continue to progress in my field. This also makes for great communication. Flexible hours, readily available work, and advancement opportunities are just a few of the things that make CTP a great place to work. My favorite part of my job, though, is knowing that I am making a difference in a student's life each day! Connecting the Pieces equipped me with the necessary skills to achieve this!
Pros
Competitive Pay, Flexible Hours, Mileage Reimbursment, Advancement Opportunities, Professional Development
Great work life balance with supportive coworkers and managers
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PANovember 16, 2016
I've been with Connecting the Pieces for a bit over 4 months now and I only have positive things to say about the company. The company is currently going through a growth period, which mean the work load is fast pace and it is exciting! And I get to be a part of it! The managers and coworkers really welcomed me and made me feel like a part of the CTP family. They try their best to be available to answer my many questions. The work culture is awesome and laid back. I enjoyed being able to help the therapists serve students to get the therapy they need.
Pros
work life balance, flexible, genuine concern to help children with special needs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Connecting the Pieces, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.