CONNECTION Employee Reviews

Smile and Dial
Enterprise Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHMarch 16, 2019
The main objective is to sell hardware. That being said the consistently try to drill into all sales folks the it is really about creating a complete solution with a large emphasis on service.
Amazing people
SENIOR LICENSING SOLUTIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHMarch 6, 2019
You can count on an amazing team of people to work with. There are a vast amount of opportunities for advancement as well. Overall good company to work for.
Excellent Place to work
Sr. Sales Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Merrimack, NHMarch 3, 2019
Love working here! Excellent mgmt and in 17 years I have been very happy there. Excellent sales team, manager and events. Very happy to have worked there for 17 years.
Terrible Place to Work
TEAM LEAD - PROJECT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 8, 2019
Management is absolutely terrible. They hold you down and don't let you progress even after bending over backwards for them for 3 years. They don't promote any kind of positivity. No team outings, no team lunches, no team parties allowed, no recognition whatsoever. What they do promote is favoritism though. Certain departments are allowed to do certain things when other departments are not. Manager also doesn't practice what he preaches and goes against his own rules. Wouldn't even recommend this company to my enemies.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management, pay, favoritism
I am worried that they may eliminate my job in the future.
Distribution Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OH 45177January 23, 2019
I manage the paperwork with the orders that come through our warehouse. The management has changed a lot in the last year. My coworkers are great people to work with. The hardest part of my job would be processing international orders. I have to do all the paperwork and documents on all the orders that come through the warehouse.
Pros
its close to home
Cons
do not make enough money
Help Desk
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 22, 2019
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WORKING HERE.
Manager and lead have preferences for some employees .
Productivity and fun
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 18, 2019
Best CEO I ever work for. Manager became a great friend of mine, co-workers and I became friends. It was just a great environment work at. If I ever move back to Florida I would love to go back to work for Connection.
Pros
Environment
Review
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHDecember 21, 2018
PC Connection is for the company and not its employees. There was no work home life balance when working here. Your position and growth is based on who you know and not what you know.
Career opportunity
Not in sales (Former Employee) –  NHDecember 14, 2018
Can learn a lot because there is not enough man-power to keep up with demand. Management will accept feedback as long as negative attitude is avoided. Flexibility depends upon your manager. Company rewards sales and almost all rewards and events are for sales employees only. Company is doing some things right, just look at the earnings history.
Connection
Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHNovember 27, 2018
I was a full time employee but was farmed out to another company to perform there IT work. At times it was not a good working relationship. The other company was difficult to work for.
Worst place to work
Hel Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 27, 2018
Worst place to work, very bad training, the supervisor or manager do not help you when you need assistance (DO NOT WORK THERE)
There are preference for some employees.
Good Entry Level Opportunties - No Career Path
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHNovember 26, 2018
This is great place to get a start, but if you are looking to establish a long term career this is not the place for you. Atmosphere was fun and this is a enjoyable place to work. Benefits are decent, but pay is not competitive to other companies for the same type of work.
Pros
Atmosphere, benefits.
Cons
No career path, pay isn't great
Good place to start
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MANovember 13, 2018
Connection is a good place to get in and learn the world of sales. It is very hard to build a book of business with the resources given. No face to face with the customers because it is all inside.
Stay away from this company
Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  RemoteNovember 2, 2018
Extremely corrupted culture. It starts from the HR and ends with the Upper Management. Hiring process is totally broken. Psychological abuse is a norm in this company.Nothing would change even you inform the Upper Managemnt.
No comment, please
Sr. Configuration Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHOctober 31, 2018
I would not like to comment on my current workplace and place of employment, I am still working there and would not like to influence anyone's opinion concerning Connection,
Great company to work for
Sales (Current Employee) –  Merrimack, NHOctober 25, 2018
Great company to work for, the work/life balance is great. The vacation time is good. The benefits, specifically 401K and insurance are not that good.
Hard work, low pay
Corporate Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Exton, PAOctober 5, 2018
Let me just preface this by saying I was a model employee who exceeded their sales targets consistently every month. Overall this company is great and I enjoyed the environment i was in and all my coworkers. It was like a little family, which turned out to be a curse to new employees. The starting salary is horrendous for a inside sales job ($32,500) with bridge payments ($10,000) that decrease every year for 3 years. The commission structure is set up to reward the longer tenured employees who have established Enterprise accounts. After grinding and creating a solid book of business and being on pace to bring in over a million dollars for the year, I had nothing to show for it. My best month I made $500 in commissions after selling close to 200k in products. After doing research into similar companies this is the worst commission structure for the type of work we do. The other problem is how close all the older tenured employers are. Most of the people in our office have been working together for over 5 years with no new hires. With that being said, there was a lot favoritism within management to give the active buying accounts to their closest friends instead of spreading out to people who consistently show up and work hard. The company has a great future, but they need to adapt to the times and compensate emoyees equally to what the competition is.
Pros
Great benefits, free lunches, trainings
Cons
Poor compensation, favoritism, no career growth
No room for advancement low base salary.
Corporate Account Manager Northeast, B to B Sales (Current Employee) –  Merrimack, NHSeptember 18, 2018
Very low base salary to survive on when months are slow. No room for advancement after several attempts. You can lose your accounts anytime at companies discretion. No equal distribution of accounts when someone leaves. Accounts with good spend always go to firmly established reps doing well already. Rich get richer. Make you sign a non compete which prohibits you from working in the it industry for 18 months. Basically you starve for 18 months if this was your only field of expertise.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No room for advancement low base salary. Non compete prohibitive .
Personally and professionally rewarding
Executive Assistant to the CEO (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 11, 2018
A very rewarding place to work. History matters and it shows in the way that staff carry out the work of preserving, promoting, and protecting Ohio history.
Good place to start your career
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Merrimack, NHSeptember 2, 2018
Good company overall that is moving in the right direction, although slowly. It is a good place to be for scheduling flexibility where needed, and its nice not to have to do the Boston commute.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CONNECTION. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss