Connections Academy logo
Connections Academy
Happiness rating is 65 out of 100Average

Connections Academy Employee Reviews

Overall, a good place to work

Teaching online looks very different than it does in-person. If you know that going in, you'll enjoy your job. Yes, you make calls to families every day, and no, you don't teach whole group lessons for the majority of your job. But what I love about this job is everyone's drive to make sure that families and students feel supported by working more one-on-one. Being able to meet one-on-one with students and families helped me build stronger relationships than I ever thought possible with an online position.In addition, the staff community was amazing. Everyone is willing to answer questions and give advice no matter what. Managers are understanding, encouraging, and helpful. Frequent PD is offered that you can complete during the day. I have never felt more supported than at this school.One big downside is the pay. Although they are trying to raise the pay, you will be paid lower than surrounding districts, and that stinks. But I think the amazing school culture, understanding management, and the fact that I didn't have to spend all weekend lesson planning and grading make up for it.

Pros

Supportive school community, work from home, build strong relationships with families. lots of PD opportunities

Cons

Travel for state testing, low pay, can be hard to advance

Best place I’ve worked

This school is the best placed I’ve taught! The staff and families are wonderful; we are truly a family. It’s hard to adjust to online teaching at first, but you will get the hang of it!

Low pay but flexible

Unfortunately, the pay is much lower at Connections than any other school district. Yes, you are able to work from home. However, you will work about a month more than a standard teacher schedule. You will also need to travel 3 weeks in April for state testing.Great, co-workers. Recently there have been more promotions within the company which has been great to see.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Low pay

Very comfortable placecto work that allows for work/gome life balance

Love Georgia Connections Academy!! The Administration doescan excellent job of ensuring communication, understanding and comfort. The work load is manageable, and if you do get behind, there is always someone available to offer help if needed.

Great work-life balance

Great work life balance, coworkers and supervisors very understanding. You work from home so helped me a lot to spend time with my newborn baby. Sometimes some of the work required seemed like busy work.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Sometimes unclear direction from superiors

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Heavy workload but great administration

The teaching is totally remote, which if you are a classroom teacher it's a little hard to get used to not seeing your students. The program the school uses is not as user friendly as it could be; however, the administration is patient and kind and supports the teachers.The workload is heavy - I averaged over 200 students.

Driven, caring professionals

Everyone I have worked with has been very focused on doing what is best for students. Training is relevant, feedback is supportive. We are treated like adults.

Pros

Somewhat flexible schedule

Cons

Higher student:teacher ratio than traditional school

Fantastic company good management.

I highly recommend working for connections academy as a full time position. Unfortunately that was not available to me. Training is outstanding, always encouraging.

Working at ARCA

I personally did not enjoy working for this particular school entity. There is a lack of visibility from leadership and support from your leaders. Whenever a solution is presented or a new idea is shared, it is immediately shut down. COVID did slow down a lot of in office activities, so it was hard to really gauge the culture of the workplace.

Pros

Exposure to different educational software (eSchool, PCx, etc)

Cons

Lack of support, Close-mindedness from leaders, Lack of visibility, and Rejection of ideas/solutions

Hardworking Coworkers

I enjoyed my job quite a bit. I wish it paid more. It took some time to learn all about the online platforms. Once learned, the basic job became easier.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Low Pay

Jobs at Connections Academy

See more jobs

Not a good place to work

The main down side of Connections is the lack of support from management. They don't care about their people and have a high turnover rate. Overall I wouldn't recommend Connection for anyone seeking a long term job.

Pros

The people aside from management are ok

Cons

Management is fiefdoms and non supportive and chaotic.

Great Place To Work

Great place to work! I enjoy my students and administration. Homerooms can be large and work can be a lot at times. I have a strong sense of worth working here.

Big workload with little pay

You will be given over double the amount of kids you would have in a brick and mortar school. It is nearly impossible to provide the individualized education this “school” boasts. It is structured ridiculously bureaucratically that almost anyone can be promoted to a supervisor. I feel like I’m in an MLM pretending to be a school.

Pros

Work from home, flexibility

Cons

Low pay, big workload

Poor pay

If you are a teacher at another school, you may take a drastically huge pay cut working here. If money isn't an issue, you may be able to get by but if you're single or have kids and nobody else to bring in an income, you may be better off where you currently work.

Pros

Working from home

Cons

Pay, more data entry than teaching, don't get to use your brain much

Lack of Training

The training for management is insufficient. You have to seek things on your own because upper management just delegate the work. There is too many politics and the leaders don’t lead within a collaborative environment. They mostly want to dictate.

Pros

Hard working teachers

Cons

Extremely poor management

Chaotic environment and underpaid

Before I begin I have extensive experience in customer service and I'm at a loss for words. First you are expected to know a lot (while supporting 33 schools.) They preach use your resources but remember you got to be quick and a speed reader. Secondly they are so desperate right now they will hire anyone and the families are vile. These families will curse at you,belittle you, and don't expect support. Instead get interrogated about the situation for twenty minutes. Managers, supervisors, team leads will literally avoid dealing with these families. They literally question everyone and everything. You are literally a underpaid punching bag. They preach professionalism but frankly don't adhere to that. Team Leads are often disrespectful and big headed. Document verification team verifies things wrong, customer care transfers calls to the wrong department, call monitoring is just vicious, and frankly training did not prepare me for the reality of this job. You are micromanaged by people who monitor your calls, webmails, and call notes. You have to ask for permission for everything. Breaks are scheduled but you're almost never making the times that are set. No sense of team or support. The whole experience has been nothing but demeaning for me ( by the clients we serve) and outright embarrassing with how people communicate with one another here. RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!

Pros

Benefits are good

Cons

Clientile is just vicious

Seasonal Admissions

Training itself was good. Soon after, I realize I was hired to work in a call center. Received many call from frustrated and angry parents. Minimal breaks with no control over answer calls. (No breaks between calls) Micromanaged, as management listened and recorded every call received for quality.

Great place to work.

Great place to work. Management is flexible and available. The culture is amazing and everyone is so helpful. Management tries to make sure the employee is satisfied.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Productive and fun place to work.

I would like to return to my assignment. The work environment was positive. Although the work was done remotely, there was a connection with other employees and supervision. They effectively communicated and was always available to respond to any inquiries.

Pros

Engaged managment

Cons

No opportunity to transition from temporary to full-time.

Fantastic.

I have absolutely no complaints about my experience working as an administrative assistant at MCA. I enjoyed the work, I loved the staff- everyone was sooo supportive and friendly! I had space to be creative ... and it was just wonderful! Sad to leave as I had to relocate. Loved my managers too. I’ll miss this job!

Pros

Everything!!

Great place to learn and grow.

Connections offers a vast number of positions to choose from such as Project management , Curriculum Management and Content Integration. Working here takes focus and discipline. Over time you can even earn the chance to work a few days from home every week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Connections Academy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

4.4
InHerSight Score
4.2Personal Development
4.5Career Opportunities
4.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight