Connections AZ Employee Reviews

They do not care for their employees
Crisis Worker (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 17, 2019
This company has had so many changes over the 8 years they have been open & currently on name change #3. They do not build up staff, they tear them down & promote people who don't work but gossip, backstabbing between staff, clients & shifts. In 8 years I had 1 wage increase & reported they didn't have $ for employees raises yet they build other sister clinics. No growth within company.
Interactive environment
Behavioral Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85007January 3, 2019
Fast paced environment that constantly has you engaged through out your shift. Very good team atmosphere. The hardest part of the job is constantly having to be aware if someone might become violent.
Stay away!!!
Doesnt matter (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 5, 2018
Upper management is awful! No one has a clue what they are doing and the work environment is unorganized, chaotic, and hostile. Backstabbing and full of gossip.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Long hours, always short staffed, unhappy employees
Unhealthy work environment
Leadsrship Team (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 25, 2018
Extremely chaotic and unorganized leadership team. Owners often disagree with each other and fight for autonomy, often leaving thier moddle leaders stuck in between. Brought in a COO from a corporate culture who had Zero knowledge of behavioral health and is getting an on the fly education from the people who actually do the work. Company often neglects regulations over revenue and will ostracize anyone with an opinion. Several key leaders have left this organization and the organization will suffer because of it. Morale is down and bad...horrible environment and unstable. Backstabbing, kickbacks, and corrupt $$$ issues.
Pros
Cons
See above
Really good place to work
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 10, 2015
I enjoyed working here, there was a family environment and I loved that feeling. Everyone was always willing to pitch in and help the other person out without hesitation.
Pros
Doctors always provided lunch
Cons
I became dangerous at times
I would like to work in a place that was safe and secure.
LEAD BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ.June 5, 2015
There has been too much deception and not so much people/employee care. Their bottom line is the profit margin. In the long runs, the Co. takes care of the people in their "circle" and no one else. They do not ensure a safe environment for their staff. Thanks
Pros
A steady and secure employment
Cons
Not too far from my residence
Fast pased enviorment
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 2, 2014
The UPC is typicaly busy and always providing care for our GMH population. We have to depend on each other as co workers to provide our patients with the best possible care. Not every person that comes in is here for the same reason and I learned that some patience is required and being able to communicate with the social workers and providers when needed. When I hear our patients thank us and say that the help they received meant a lot to them, it makes it all worth it.
Pros
acknowledgment from managment for our hard work with perks.
Cons
having no scheduled breaks and trying to find time for a break in between patients
I worked in an urgent psychiatric care facility.
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, ArizonaMay 31, 2012
I worked with individuals that have a mental illness in crisis situations. I helped to maintain a therapeutic milieu, while meeting the needs of the individuals being served. Communicated their needs to the doctor, nurse and councilor.
Pros
i was able to help people get through a difficult time
Cons
at times it could be a challenge working with individuals with severe psychiatric symptoms