Connections Individual and Family Services

Connections Individual and Family Services Employee Reviews

United States10 reviews
the company is focused on the kids they serve and they do a good job with them. I do like that they work hard to meet the needs of the children in the programs.
Pros
working with children
Cons
benefits and chances for advancing arent the best
Once you connect with the kids and supervisor it feels like a family. You connect with the kids as a friend and parent. While working here you will learn valuable skills.
There was daily travel, to homes and schools for individual, group and or family sessions. There were only two of us at the Bastrop, Texas Location which serves Bastrop and Lee Counties.
I learned to create curricula and teach anger management and Parent Skills classes.

The hardest part of the job was squeezing everything into a 40 hour work week. I loved my job so taking time off of work for my family was difficult at times.

The most enjoyable part was our quarterly training sessions, as administrators made it fun by including team building activities and competitive games.
While this job can be rewarding, the organization itself is disorganized. At times the kids who come in to the shelter are at an intensive level of care and understaffed. Most of the time you are working by yourself and are required to cook, take the kids on activities, ensure they are in bed and not letting the girls and boys get too close to one another. No benefits but definitely good pay with lots of OT.
Pros
Overtime pay
Benefits
Connections offers free counseling services to children and their parents. The administration is very professional, helpful and caring towards their employees.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Being out on the field counseling youth and their families. Work closely with judges, police officers, and schools for truancy court. Attend Health Fairs and events throughout the community. I learned to be attentive and receptive to the crisis of each individual, never being judgmental to their dilemma's. Work environment was very cohesive and got along well. What I take most from the experience in working with Connections is having the opportunity to counsel youth and their families from all walks of life.
Great Co-workers and kiddos!!! They need to be more flexible with rotating weekends and in need of more staff. The office started to get crowded with more needed room for space for the workers.
A typical day consisted of approximately an hour of travel a day going to schools in multiple counties. The small amount of compensation was not close to expenditures of travel and wear on vehicles as well as physical exhaustion from constant travel. Company proved inconsistent in hiring in hiring competent and mentally healthy workers and supervisors. Large and consistent worker turnover. Ability to make own schedule.
Connections is a great place to be a resident and employee. The staff are very friendly and compassionate. They are easy to talk to and do their best to help with any problems that may be going on. This facility is a place where youth that may feel alone can call their home.
Pros
Get to meet some great kids, and help motivate children that may be having hard times in their life at the moment.
Cons
Evening Hours
arrive at work and pick up youth from school. Interacted with youth and plan scheduled activities. Redirected youth to follow the shelter program. I have established more patience working with high risk youth. I have also learned therapeutic techniques to help youth that are in crisis. The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing youth successfully follow the program. The hardest pat is not getting emotionally attached to the youth.
Pros
works around school
Cons
heathcare, inconsitancy
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Connections Individual and Family Services. Our community is ready to answer.
Connections Individual and Family Services Reviews by Location