connectRN
Happiness rating is 72 out of 100

connectRN Employee Reviews

United States76 reviews

Productive and fun work place

Working as an RN you get to pick your hours and schedule. You get to utilize your nursing skills and judgment when providing patient care. Patients are appreciative.

Reputation

ConnectRN has grown tremendously over the years. They have so many places to work. Most people have heard of ConnectRN that I encounter. and I always have good things to say. You can get paid daily or weekly. I prefer weekly because I like to see all the shifts That I work in a lump sum at the end of the week. You can work when and where your heart desires. Anyone looking to join a reputable, professional and overall great agency, choose ConnectRN.

connectRN insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

product team move with urgency, growing pains, not remote friendly

Interesting problem space! Passionate coworkers. Pros:1) meaningful problem space, good variety of work 2) COO is strategic and impact driven; move fast culture, ruthless prioritization, collegial 3) feedback system and feedback rivers in place4) reasonable WLB5) diversity programCons:1) furiously ambitious, scaling up with growing pains 2) not remote friendly - socializing in person is critical for building trust with leadership 3) more than half of its executive or product leadership team previously worked at athenahealth and bring a set of norms (double-edged sword) 4) previous IT outsourcing may have its typical cons 5) 401k vesting schedule was not ideal, not sure how it is today6) everyone is very busy. limited support for career growthTips:(1) Learn to deal with a conflict averse colleague, especially when you may be told to agree to disagree and throw away your case and concern, rather than disagree and commit. (2) Every team is different. Be mindful with tone on Slack, due to the lack of context clues you might get easily misunderstood. For folks who prefer async written communication, if you happen to be active on Slack engaged in a in-depth discussion, it might be seen as distracting or unproductive. (3) Embrace humor but set good boundaries on the use of irony and sarcasm if you rarely hear it. Be open to and proactively ask for direct feedback.

Pros

interesting problem to solve. they move fast.

Cons

not remote friendly. 401k vesting schedule is less than ideal.

Not great

No help when needed from management. It takes a very long time to hear back from support. Pay wasn’t bad, but there is no benefits that are worth staying there long term. Working at places you normally don’t makes you a good target. It’s like being in high school with how you’re treated. Spent a little over two years here and hit my limit.

Productive flexible & you learn something new everyday.

Awesome pay & a different variety of facilities to choose from. So far the co-workers I've ran across aren't lazy. A few places can do better far as linen & supplies. The times I've been cancelled they let me know right away instead me going to these places & finding out.

Convenient choosing your own schedule

I like choosing my own schedule, but the pay was a lot lower than the other agency nurses I work with. You can never talk to payroll about errors, and no response by email either. You will never get a Manger on the phone or a call back.

Pros

Choosing my own schedule and work when I want

Cons

Low pay and no payroll or manager support

It's up to you

My experience they don't look out for their employees. All they care about is keeping a contract. Because you are agency some of the employees at the places you go act real funny don't want to help

You get to make your own schedule

This is an agency. You travel around to different places and you get to make your own schedule. You can get assigned a contract if you ask for one and are looking for one.

Not okay

I was sent out for multiple shifts at one company and have not been paid out. I don't know if there's issue with the company and the facility that their staffing but me as it employee should be paid regardless of the issues that they're having in office.

Productive not a bad place to work if you are looking for a second gig or extra income this is the place. They will also let you go for to many call outs

No spots available for nights

I went to connect RN because I needed to move to nights and weekends only due to lack of childcare. It was amazing in the beginning, but now I can hardly find a spot on night shift and sometime get cancelled 4x in one day

Nice agency to work for

ConnectRN so far is a nice agency to work for. They have some nice incentives and plenty of locations to work. I like being in control of my schedule.

Pros

Control your own schedule

Flexible and understanding

Amazing company! Just need some more locations in hampton roads. Some of the shifts are canceled last minute but you do get paid for four hours, other than that love the job.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Canceled shifts last minute

Needs more diversity

Connect Rn was a great nursing agency at one time for nurse's and gna's. I believe they hired a lot of management who was against diversity and at times would practice bullying culture. Most times they would lie about bonus shifts, if you didn't have a screenshot of it they wouldn't pay you that bonus. Once the company grew larger they stop answering the phone. They started manipulating the app so you only see what they want you to see. You could be working the same shift doing the same job and your coworker connect rn app is different from yours, from pay to bonus and or facilities. They do not practice integrity or transparency.

Enjoy the freedom I have with shift choices

The support is there and choices to work! They get back with you immediately to answer questions. Management very helpful.. work environments are good. Pay is great!! Company handles taxes, orientations periodically. Many perks .. it’s a great place to work!

Pros

Working environment is great!

Cons

Would like work closer to home

Flexible

I love to work when it’s convenient to my family/home schedule and not to mention juggling school. One thing I would change is the cancellation time for the facilities. The workers have to cancel hours before the shift I think the facility should have to at least an hour before not minutes.

Pros

Flexible and good pay

Cons

Cancellations can happen anytime

Pay is ok

They don’t care about their employees they literally will let a facility lie and then suspend u with no evidence or proof . I work with them almost a year i did financially grow . But that’s it .

connectRN is an amazing company that allows you to pick the days you want to work. It allows me to have more time with my family. The app is very easy, and I love that we can get paid the next day because things come up. The best thing I could have done was find connectRN. I love connectRN.

Pros

Flexibility, free scrub sets, and hoodie

Nearly impossible to get help despite emailing, calling and texting their “24/7” line. Multiple missed paychecks. No support.

It’s an ok agency to work for but do not make this agency your sole source of income. Take screenshots, recordings (where legal) of all interactions.

Pros

Slightly above average rates compared to other agencies, good amount of facilities to choose from, flexible scheduling, weekly pay.

Cons

Multiple missed paychecks, no support from customer service, facilities are able to mistreat and lie on clinicians without consequence, multiple cancellations after acceptance or constant waiting to be accepted, impossible to contact representatives despite call, emails and texts, overall an ok place to infrequently work with.

Ok agency to work for

Ok pay rates. Not easy to get help despite having a number, text service, and email service for help; but covid definitely plays a role in the lack of support at this time.

Pros

Autonomous scheduling, if canceled at the last minute you get 4hours of pay automatically.

Cons

Lack of employee support when contacted.

Not Guaranteed

They alert you that shifts are available for you to choose. You first have to be accepted, once you’re accepted you’re booked. Then Boom, You’re canceled. This is not something you want to try if you’re looking for “somewhat” consistent work.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

No guarantee shifts. Canceled shifts once you book and WAITING on acceptance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at connectRN. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at connectRN.
Powered byComparably