ConocoPhillips Employee Reviews

Found 723 reviews matching the search See all 1,020 reviews
Wonderful place to work
Lease Operator/Pumper (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMMarch 13, 2019
Great life work balance and benefits package. The people that make up this company are dedicated and willing to collaborate with one another to meet goals
Pros
Relaxed and respectful environment
Cons
Industry uncertainty
conocophillips
Gas measurement lead (Former Employee) –  Aguilares, TXMarch 12, 2019
Great place to work at. I learned a lot due to being sent to schools. Much of that learning helps me today with everyday problems that come up in the field.
Overall a good place to work with a variety of opportunities
APPLICATION DEVELOPER-ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKMarch 11, 2019
They have a good company culture and really care about their employees. They provide a lot of opportunity to move between positions and learn new skills. The structure can be very siloed which can slow down projects. They are also not the most up to date on new technologies
Pros
Great pay and benefits, good culture
Cons
Siloed structure, bureaucracy, out of date technology
ConocoPhillips
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKMarch 8, 2019
It is an awesome place to work. Safety is priority and your voice is valued. Many opportunities for self-improvement and professional as well.

Management is open for idea sharing especially when it involves creating systems to make job efficient.
Part of a big and varied team
Senior Safety Advisor/Coach (Former Employee) –  Ekofisk complexMarch 5, 2019
Being part of a vast and varied team created challenges that were solved with enthusiasm. This was a very rewarding culture that created a good working environment.
Great place
SharePoint Business Analyst/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 28, 2019
The most relax job I’ve had. Managers an co workers really help you achieve the project. Work and life balance is maintained. You can choose the shift you want to work at as long as you complete your 8 hours.
Great Experience for as a recent graduate
Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Kenedy, TXFebruary 28, 2019
Great experience to the oil & gas industry as a recent graduate. Upper management was very supportive of its recent grads with training and responsibilities. Would have kept working at COP if it wasn't for the downturn in the industry, it was good while it lasted.
Pros
Great benefits, 2 weeks on / 2 weeks off
Cons
Job security during my time there.
Challenging work with changing opportunities.
Geological Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2019
Good place to work. managers change every few years so don't get to know them well. Co workers fit together well and other department contribute to projects.
Organization bogged down by lack of people-focused management
Operations Geologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 21, 2019
ConocoPhillips has outstanding technical employees that do very high level work and compete strongly in the marketplace based on these people. Far too often, the company promotes the best technical employees to supervisory roles, without evaluating their ability to supervise others. More management figures than not at COP do not have the personality or attitude to put others first and to truly develop their subordinates and team members, putting a great deal of stress on the already high-performing staff.
Pros
Pay, location, work hours, ability to make mistakes without losing job
Cons
Yearly layoffs, lack of business and people-minded management
good place to work
Commissioning TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  North Slope, AKFebruary 19, 2019
good living conditions,very cold but most of my work was inside shelters. the biggest draw back was that I had to pay my flight from my home city to Anchorage A.K
Pros
food was good
Cons
no payed flights

Want to know more about ConocoPhillips?

Ask a question
postive work enviorment
Multi-Skilled Operator (Former Employee) –  Zapata, TXFebruary 15, 2019
Excellent company company to work for ,provided tranings classroom,hands on,good safety culture,great managment,most enjoyable part was them having you spend time with family.
stable company to work for
Health Safety Environmental Analyst (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXFebruary 8, 2019
It was very enjoyable to work for COP. Very much safety driven. I enjoyed working with diversified group of employees. Career was cut short when the economy had a down-turn.
Operated Production and Revenue Staff Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKFebruary 7, 2019
I enjoyed my 9 years at COP. The departments I worked in were very flexible with work/life balance. They also afforded me ample opportunity for growth.
Good place to work.
Sr Associate Revenue Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKFebruary 4, 2019
Worked 37 years for ConocoPhillips was always pleased with the company. Over the years my job grades increased as well as my knowledge and experience.
Good Pay -no benefits
Contract Engineering (Former Employee) –  OklahomaFebruary 2, 2019
Worked as a contract employee. Many of my co workers were very good - a few not so good. Managers ranged from good to clueless.
Could be a challenging place to work. Turnover was fairly high.
Pros
good pay.
Cons
Location was terrible.
inclusion
SharePoint Online/Migration & Metrics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKFebruary 1, 2019
excellent place to work -- just seem to have some challenging upper upper management -- they preach inclusion, but do not practice it, in "my" opinion, only (the inclusion thing towards 'contract' labor)
Succinct decision makers
Organizational Change Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 28, 2019
Good decisions made on a regular business for onshore and offshore operations. Family focused with good schedule options. Many people mentor each other.
Productive and fun place to work
Global supply chain Analyst (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2019
Great culture with open door policy. Strong leadership, guidance and growth opportunities. I enjoyed working there and I learned a lot. I would recommend
Great place professional development
Senior Workflow Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 30, 2018
Upper Management is very supported in your professional growth.
They give you the tools and the freedom to be creative while doing your job. Open door Upper Management philosophy
Pros
Strong fitness culture, safety, teamwork, collaboration
Cons
working on inclusiveness
Productive Work Environment
Maintenance LeadConocoPhillips (Former Employee) –  Borger, TXDecember 18, 2018
1. Do a JSA
2. Have sit in with my Supervisor and go over weeks progress and daily job functions needed in field.
3.Gather paper work, computer and Bump test monitor.
4.Go to vehicle do a 360 walk around and proceed to field if needed,
5.Work on field projects or emission testing coming up if in office.
6.Management was great to work with, you were a person not a number.
7.The working culture is Safety First!
8.Honestly the hardest part of my job when I was helping out in projects was the SAP program. Had a 1hr crash course and had to work my way through it with help from peers in my location which was 2nd floor @ ConocoPhillips Building.
9.I enjoyed traveling out of town for company and achieving work that my supervisor thought was incredible for the work load.
10.Having the time off when needed to spend time with family and friends,
Pros
Freedom and trust of my peers knowing the job would be done right
Cons
Attitudes of others, Being disrespectful during a meeting and not being corrected.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ConocoPhillips. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss