ConocoPhillips Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Records Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2018
The team was very close with one another and easy to work with. We worked together on projects and everyone had an equal role in the process. Management was helpful as well as proactive in helping difficult tasks.
Great technical environment in upstream exploration
IT Supervisor Enterprise Geospatial Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 24, 2018
Great place to work. Had many challenging projects. Was able to travel both domestically and internationally. I enjoy solving problems and the culture was very geared to innovation.
Pros
Great benifits. 401K matching is unbelievable
Cons
The oil industry is very cyclic with commodity pricing, so many booms and busts over time.
It was a job
Yard Material Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Watford City, NDJuly 23, 2018
Minus the fact that you are managed by someone in Houston TX that barely comes up more than twice a year and no paid vacation/sick days, it wasn't too bad.
Sold retail
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 23, 2018
No rewiew to share: they sold the retail business years ago and only operate as an energy company now. I have no idea how corporate ConocoPhillips operates since I was retail
Average
Engineer Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2018
Depends on your department and position on how well you will like it here. Lots of mixed opinions. Overall personal experience was great work/life balance, good group of people, quiet culture. Definitely a corporate vibe. Do not expect much compensation here though. Even the bonuses are extremely below the industry standard. Pay is not competitive and they do not care about retaining talent, and that wasn't just personal experience but it is the same in every department. You are just a number at the end of the day.
Safety #1 priority
Drilling Consultant (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OK3July 17, 2018
Safety meetings are very important but 30 minutes on changing out elevators during a trip is a little excessive. I think the hands get complacent with so many safety meetings I think a pre trip safety meeting covering all job task for the trip would be time better spent. Then with on coming crew at safety meeting
Pros
Safety is #1 priority and thats great
Cons
Don't drill to many wells
I loved the time I worked for ConocoPhillips.
Analyst -Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKJuly 17, 2018
Enjoyed my job. I learned Accounting and SAP and did not have management micro managing over your shoulder. The hardest part of the job was when they sold the Canadian assets. The enjoyable part of my job was being able to do it everyday.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
Layoffs
Production Analyst - New Mexico and Texas (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKJuly 17, 2018
Enjoyed doing production and regulatory and working with the field employees to make sure that all the numbers were accurate on monthly basis. Liked working as a team.
Pros
Company was pro-active in the community and tried to make the work atmosphere less stressful.
Cons
Travel time to get to the office on a daily basis.
Productive and supportive workplace with EXCELLENT peers
IT Project Manager, Business Analyst, HRIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKJuly 17, 2018
Wonderful place to work with even more wonderful employees who support and encourage one another and promote individual and team development and advancement.
Fast paced
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJuly 16, 2018
Very fast pace. I had a very strong team to work with. I work 50+ hours a week. Being a store manager I never had days off. The atmosphere was a little stressful
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No breaks
Not a bad place to work
Multi-skilled Operator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 15, 2018
Great company to work for, Pay was competitive for the Conoco hands, not so much for the contractors. Managment was not bad, work was steady when our customers were up and running.
Operates like a well oiled machine
Power Trader & Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2018
The trading floor is well put together and the members of the floor are treated equally whether a trader or a lower level employee. There was mutual respect between all.
Inclusive & collaborative
Treasury/Cash Management, Banking & Credit (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2018
ConocoPhillips embraced diversity among employees and encouraged their core values. The company expressed integrity and environmental responsibility.
Pros
9/80 Program
Cons
Political disadvantage towards some employees
Great Company
Revenue Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKJuly 11, 2018
Really enjoyed working there while I was there, highly recommend but management can be an issue, find your direct manager before accepting a role as that will be the deciding factor in the job
good oil and gas work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Borger, TXJuly 2, 2018
Hard work, but good and fair. Better money for the work that you do out on the street. Laid back even though a big company. I would work for them again.
Best Company I ever worked for
Sales and Use Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKJuly 1, 2018
Conoco has to be the best company I ever worked for. Pay and benefits outstanding. Lots of vacation time, and holidays. Room for advancement. Healthcare facilities onsite, gym also available.
Benefits
Cons
No Cons
like another company
Network Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKJuly 1, 2018
They really prefer to employ from another countries. They never renewal my extension even tough I moved my family from NJ. My wife had to resign her 15 years job.
Pros
location remotely
Cons
cheaper cost of living
Competitive team environment
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Andrews, TXJune 29, 2018
Conoco Phillips is a great company to work for. Team work and individual performance are greatly used. Work days were busy and taught me a great deal. I learned the management side of oil production as well as how to maximize oil production better. They have some of the best experienced mentors in the business. I enjoyed the camaraderie and friendships made there.
Good company to work for.
Supervisor Design & Documentation (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJune 28, 2018
I liked working for COP. The pay was excellent and I enjoyed my job. I worked in Engineering the whole time I was with the company and enjoyed working with the Engineering, Projects, and Operations groups. It was a good crew overall with good intentions. Apparently, in the end, the stockholders were more important than the individuals that kept track of safety, quality control and engineering controls. From what I have heard profits are up substantially since the previous disciplines were dumped in favor of a new operator who put profits over safety. I was sorry to leave the company but enjoyed my time with them.
ConocoPhillips
Production Controller (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKJune 24, 2018
I had an entry-level, night-shift job, so it's difficult to comment.
The company has a diverse workplace with great benefits. It appears to be supportive of career advancement, although, it provides 10x more opportunities for new hires than for experienced hires, from my perspective.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ConocoPhillips. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight