ConocoPhillips Employee Reviews

was a great place to work
Multi Skilled Operator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXDecember 17, 2018
fun job, learned something new everyday. management was easy to get along with and made you feel as if your job mattered. The hardest part of the job was the summer time when it was really hot out.
Conoco Phillips are a good company to work for and are results focused.
EPCM Shift Construction Coordinator (SMP) (Former Employee) –  Curtis Island, QLD, AUDecember 17, 2018
I was the night shift supervisor for Conoco Phillips for 2 years on the APLNG project in Gladstone QLD.
I would attend daily pre-start meetings with different parts of the 800+ work force and daily supervisor meetings with the main contractor.

We managed to have a TRIFOR rating 0.00 for the night shift works through a pro-active approach.
Pros
Maintaning our safety record
Cons
Night shift and trying to balance a family life.
Fun work place not many benefits
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Fair Grove, MODecember 16, 2018
I loved working there I’ve made apt of life long friends the work environment is relaxed. They don’t have much advancement options because they are a truck stop. More of a part time job.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No benefits or advancements
Overall it was a good company
Senior Environmental Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 7, 2018
My time at COP was short due to the down turn. I had started 6 months before oil had taken a nose dive and when they announced the workforce reductions, I left my position for a long term vacation.
Excellent place to work
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMNovember 30, 2018
At Conoco Phillips, i have experience a tremendous culture with them and the employees very helpful and if it was not a contract position. i would not mind being offered a permanent position with the company.
Pros
People were very help
Cons
nothing i have enjoyed working there.
Good place to work.
PLANT OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Lovington, NMNovember 28, 2018
12 hour rotating work schedule. 7 days working, 7 days off. Plant supervisor is a good manager. Job is relaxed most of the time. Everyone works as equals and is a good environment.
Best work environment I ever worked in
Senior Land Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 13, 2018
I would still be a COP if my husband hadn't been relocated, I loved my coworkers, supervisors, and the work environment. We were allow to develop our skills with tools provided by COP
Pros
Everything about the job
ConocoPhillips
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 12, 2018
ConocoPhillips suffers from low oil prices now that it spun off its downstream assets. The strategy going forward is unsettled and not sure if what the future holds.
Top loaded structure with great experience opportunities and benefits.
Reservoir Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 9, 2018
The management structure is very top heavy. They laid off a lot of asset staff, but retained most of their management, regardless of the amount of staff under them. There is also an unnecessary amount of approvals needed to get projects approved. Often, each supervisor would require a whole new study before they would approve their part. There are a lot of opportunities to work in all kinds of assets and expand your experience base. They work in onshore conventional, shale, heavy oil, offshore, and international. You can also easily switch between disciplines if you want to become well rounded. The pay and benefits are fantastic; offering all health care benefit opportunities, as well as stock options and retirement.
Pros
Great pay and benefits, as well as career opportunities.
Cons
Slow project approvals.
Safety, Safety, Safety
Contractor Pipeline Foreman (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 5, 2018
They push safety to a fault. With that said it was a great experience. I worked during the oil field boom in Texas for about 3 years as a contractor. They were very professional and straightforward.
Pros
very safe place to work, organized.
Cons
All the safety steps did slow the job down considerably.
Land Analyst (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 3, 2018
There should be less time spent in meetings to allow more time to get your work done. Better communication between departments would make things run smoother.
Pros
Professional work environment
Cons
They relocated to Houston. Too many meetings
Fun work place
SPI Administrator / Instrument Design Lead (Former Employee) –  Sweeny, TXNovember 2, 2018
I was let go with out any notice and no reason why was never giving.
Contractors like myself are not treat with much respect and often do most of the work and get little are no credit.
Pros
great location
Cons
alot of spiders
Excellent Company
Asset Integrity Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 1, 2018
Great with valued added positions to enhance the safety culture of the company. Wouldn't take anything for my journey there. Special Managers take out time to give unlimited support to their team.
We were busy but not stressed
Volume Accounting (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMOctober 31, 2018
I stayed busy but not stressed, I learned a lot about the operators in the oil and gas field .Management was wonderful and it was a great place to work.
Keeps you busy
Ast. Manager (Former Employee) –  CedaredgeOctober 29, 2018
A lot of people need what they want and the convenience of that store provided the items they wanted. What I did was help with stock and orders and money deposit after counting out shifts
Pros
Money
Cons
Moody people
ConocoPhillips
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Wood River, ILOctober 28, 2018
This is a good place to work, I enjoyed it and had opportunities for advancement. I made a lot of friends while working there. There are also a lot of perks.
I enjoyed working for this company.
Senior Geologist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMOctober 22, 2018
I enjoyed working for COP until they had layoffs, then I was about to move to Houston, and at the last minute found a job locally. I would have stayed on but at that time I wanted to stay local, but I am now able to relocate if needed.
I've learned a ton working there!
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 21, 2018
I've learned a ton working there and have enjoyed my fellow contractors. The workplace culture is good. They want me to keep talking about this when I really want to start a new job search!
management and staff really strove to create and maintain a safety culture
Safety Representative (Former Employee) –  North Slope, AKOctober 21, 2018
The company strives to keep the workplace and safety culture productive. The best safety culture I experienced in my career in Safety. The Job description and leadership was clear. Project was well organized.
Pros
Supportive safety culture.
Cons
Wished it was a full time position
Offers new challenges and opportunities
Team Captain (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKOctober 21, 2018
In general a good company to work for especially if you are young. Policies apply to retention of the young employees. There are lots of opportunities offered for moving around the company and learning new areas of the company.
Pros
Variety of opportunities
Cons
Laid me off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ConocoPhillips. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss