ConocoPhillips Employee Reviews

Well organized working environment with adequate provision for work safety.
Contractor Logistics Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2018
A typical work day at ConocoPhillip starts from 8am. It's usually very slow in the morning with few movement of materials to loading dock needed to be shipped out and more to do at noon till closing hour at 5pm. Job schedule includes processing of shipment with different classification code to pass custom, movement of materials needed at offshore to loading dock for shipment and services to expatriate to ensure all items needed for work on site are well packaged and shipped in a timely manner.
Pros
Quiet and friendly working environment.
Cons
shortage of staffs in the logistics department.
Campus has a full gym, weights, machines, spinning classes, Olympic size pool, Cafe
Senior Geoscience Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 7, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at ConocoPhillips and if the opportunity arises to go back I would in a heartbeat. Only thing that got me out the door was oil dropping to $24.00 a barrel.
Pros
Great people, great working conditions, always happy to go to work
Cons
Industry let me and thousands more down, not the fault of the company
Horrible Work Environment
HRSS (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKOctober 3, 2018
Workload was far too much. Work-Life balance was heavy on the work. My manager was out of touch regarding my responsibilities and the time required to complete tasks. She would often add to my already heavy workload in an effort to please other leaders in the organization. I was promised an employee to assist with my workload, but that promise was never kept.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Overworked. Stressful.
fair and honest
Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  alpine oilfieldSeptember 26, 2018
great place to work I was at alpine the camp was great and the safety program was very good you work hard and come back to camp for good food the camp was also ok
Great company
Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Lysite, WYSeptember 25, 2018
Responsible for making sure pipelines and the construction followed both regulations and Conoco specs. This included other field operations maintenance as well as Inspected all projects from start to finish including: procuring all material, and tracking with SAP, Followed and maintained all procedures to insure that the construction was safely built
Pros
great compensation
Cons
they sold that specific field
Stressful
WELDER (Former Employee) –  Borger, TXSeptember 24, 2018
Thousands of employees and outdoor heat is inevitable. This is a refinery which can be explosive,chemicals, and safety is always #1. Its very fast paced and must be able to talk with many many people.
Fast pace and stressful
Senior Legal Assistant - Downstream Commercial (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2018
Could be a great place to work, but continuous changes in management causes lots of undue stress. No clear direction. No opportunities for growth or development.
Not good
Pumper Operator (Former Employee) –  Penwell, TXSeptember 24, 2018
My experience at ConocoPhillips was much like it is here at my current employer. There is way to much nepotism going on there. So much that it makes working there so stressful. I never felt I had any chance for advancement.
Miss it.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 19, 2018
It's been a while since I have worked there but I would say after being trained it was a relaxed workplace. We had many regulars with accounts from the car dealerships so u got to know your customers pretty well. I like that. We also got an eclectic number of visitors from all over the world, since we were on a major highway. Loved that!!! Started work at around 5 am with the car dealerships, then the regulars would come in. We had hot food so that and coffee was the hardest to keep up with. We did it.
Management was wonderful when I worked there. We worked as a team.
I loved working there. I loved the customers.
Pros
People and management
Cons
Lots of turnover on help
Enjoyed working with my employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 16, 2018
I enjoy customer service.I think I am fun and out going and people would come in on my shift . My mistake was taking a manager position. I wasn't ready for that position.
I enjoyed my experience
Manager, Evaluations & Reporting, Treasury (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2018
I enjoyed my experience at ConocoPhillips and have made a number of life-long relationships. ConocoPhillips doesn't always make the right decisions, an example would be divesting its downstream assets right before the downturn in oil prices, but it wasn't a bad decision give the environment at that time. They do a great job of developing their employees and giving them opportunities to learn different aspects of the business. Can be too bureaucratical at times.
Pros
Gym, Benefits, Pay
Cons
Too bureaucratical
N/a
Senior Learning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2018
Consultant - not applicable as employees and contractors had a different level of access and interaction.

I am unable to provide any additional details.
Field Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sidney, MTAugust 21, 2018
very well paced and organized work space with an excellent safety culture. Multiple opportunities within various fields for advancement if one is to put the work in.
Enjoyable
Multi-Skilled Operator (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMAugust 20, 2018
I enjoyed no office environment, very self motivated so foremen left me to my own devices, the company is now depending more on standards Vs. individuality which helped get the company to get where it is and diminishing the possibility of new innovations. It does take care of it's employees exceptionally well with very good benefits that are disappearing in this modern job world to reduce cost, which in my opinion COP shows it wants to take care/appreciation of it's employees.Had a bad year a while back, had emergency back surgery (not related to work) and was out for a few weeks, sprained foot on a dirt bike (out for 3 days), then was in a horrific car accident (not work related either) that i should have not lived through, and 85% that i'll never walk again, and a TBI so severe my people were informed that I may not have the capacity to work at Mc'D's or be a greeter at wamart! The Short Term Disability kept me from losing everything even though it dropped to 60%, I had my job back after a super quick astounding healing time of 6 months (originally proposed 2+ years), and it was just coming back from vacation plus lots of paperwork. Only a very few companies do similar duties, usually let go w/w out a severance of some sort especially it happening not on company time, so it was awesomely appreciated, so I felt the urge to go above and beyond what was in the job responsibilities.
Pros
great benefits, working alone
Cons
becoming a little to corporate, causing too much red tape and costly delays
Workplace culture was awesome
Process Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 18, 2018
First time to do contract work for educated professionals and technical professionals. Every day everybody was always on mission and so friendly no matter who you were, they were dedicated to see everyone one grow and learn in the professional workplace. There IT systems overall were all on point.
Pros
Friendliness, Mission Dedicated, great meeting structure/culture
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2018
Working as a production manager with ConocoPhillips was a great experience for me, the management, commitment to making sure that everyone was well-taking care of, though most times the job get's hard. when working with some experienced workers in ConocoPhillips, the work can be fun.
Poor environment
Computer security, auditor, analyst, programmer (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKAugust 14, 2018
This last period was due to merger. Was made to feel unwelcome, no one wanted to talk about job functions. Seemed that they all felt like their jobs were tenuous. Prior to that, was another merger, with a lot of job loss. Prior to that we had a good culture that descended to a bad culture because of management that had no interest in the people, only to their own agendas.
Cons
Bad management
High Quality Internship
Enterprise Content Support and Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKAugust 9, 2018
I was an intern here for a year and was compensated well and taught everything I needed to know. It was a great experience and I would highly recommend it to anyone I know.
Great work environment
Records Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2018
The team was very close with one another and easy to work with. We worked together on projects and everyone had an equal role in the process. Management was helpful as well as proactive in helping difficult tasks.
Great technical environment in upstream exploration
IT Supervisor Enterprise Geospatial Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 24, 2018
Great place to work. Had many challenging projects. Was able to travel both domestically and internationally. I enjoy solving problems and the culture was very geared to innovation.
Pros
Great benifits. 401K matching is unbelievable
Cons
The oil industry is very cyclic with commodity pricing, so many booms and busts over time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ConocoPhillips. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight