ConocoPhillips Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Some sacrifices but gained knowledge is the outcome
MULTI SKILLED OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Helena, TXMay 19, 2018
Shift work equals long hours and more than likely working on your days off, money is good but family time will be reduced greatly.The overall outcome is you gain a skill and the knowledge of being a Plant Operator and the positions that come after(DCS Console,Plant Supervisor etc.).
Pros
Benefits, pay, raises, vacation time
Cons
shift work, long hours, location
Enjoyed my job and the people I worked with.
Analyst- Joint Venture Accounting (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKMay 18, 2018
Enjoyed co-workers, facilities, programs and activities. It was a good, family-oriented environment to work in. However, sometimes it felt like management favored the younger employees over the older ones.
Good Career
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2018
I am very much satisfied. A lot of learning and growth opportunities exists. I have enjoyed each and every day of my stay in ConocoPhillips. I had to leave due to the market conditions.
It was a great place to work with some good people
Lead HSE (Former Employee) –  Goldsmith, TXMay 17, 2018
A typical day at work was trying to anticipate the actions of others. Looking a trends and reports to see if there was something more that could be done to keep people safe. Manage was great and supported the safety culture. The hardest part of the job was when an incident actually happen and there was nothing you could do to help the individual with there pain. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that you worked with day in and day out.
Over-staffed and Mismanaged
SENIOR RESERVOIR ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2018
There were far too many people in my group and too few opportunities for success. We had a supervisor with over two dozen direct reports whose guidance came at the 11th hour. His manager would give feedback that was muddy at best. Unfortunately any money budgeted for my assets was re-distributed to others but I was still responsible for the production targets making failure inevitable.
Pros
The people are decent
Cons
Management did not have a clear vision for the company, over-staffed, poorly run
Stakeholder Relations Coordinator, Lower48 (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2018
Depending where you are based your work/life balance varies. In Houston the culture is to live to work. Very little work life balance, little room for promotion.
Pros
Free gym access
Cons
Long hours and more travel than expected
COP was a great company to work for
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 14, 2018
Goals are worked on throughout the year, always learning something new in the processes and on the company. I have been blessed to work with great managers. Team building and contribution were very important to COP.
It was great just not where I wanted to live
Ergonomic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKMay 12, 2018
The job was fulfilling and they understood how to pay a professional. My manager, in the beginning, was not good, but my second manager was the best I have had up to this point.
nice people to work with
Project Controls Planner/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westlake, LAMay 9, 2018
Had an offer to move on to a better job so I did. It was with another company. I had another chance I would go back to the P-66 Lake Charles facility.
Excellent Company
Communications (Current Employee) –  TBDMay 6, 2018
Great Company, with a focus on technical fields. Adheres to its values, and working to advance culture; still a little old-school culturally, but committed to improving. A great leadership team.
Temporary Job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMMay 3, 2018
I only worked at Conoco for a short while. It was a job working on a project. I would have liked to stay but like I said the job was just a temporary project. During the time I worked there the economy was so slow, so there was no need to keep me.
Great People but a little unorganized
Project Planner Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDMay 2, 2018
The hardest part on the job was making sure that others were doing their jobs. It was a tough place to work after the downturn because everyone wasn't sure who was staying and who was going...
Great Pay, Great People, Insincere Culture
Landman (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 28, 2018
The pay and work are fantastic. Our projects are truly challenging and results are top of class in the industry. However, the SPIRIT Culture is not spread across the entire Company. Perception is often more important than results, and destructive competition is more commonplace than collaboration.
Pros
Compensation & Challenging work
Cons
Opaque goals and conflicting cultures
Silo atmosphere
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 26, 2018
At the beginning my position was very satisfying although you could feel the level effect - in other words, the manager I supported became wishy washy with direction and it became where I had to challenge what was stated through my notes as if to back myself up with what had been requested. Example; I was asked to research on the cost of ipods and to order 500 when we go the invoice and had to gain approval, this landed in my lap as if I pulled the number out of a hat when I was instructed to order that amount. I'll never forget that and I'll never work for that woman again!
Pros
Stable employment
Cons
Unclear direction from manager
Great pay and benefits but ridiculous nonsense/politics
Commercial IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKApril 25, 2018
ConocoPhillips pays very well especially for this part of the country. There is a lot of work to be done and some great people to work with and for. Unfortunately there is a lot of very bad management as well. They are very obsolete in their thinking as well as there is a lot of infighting over who controls what. Management do not seem to work in harmony very well and seem to be always competing with each other. Unfortunately non-managers get pulled into this as well.
Pros
Great pay/benefits.
Cons
Not a very fulfilling job and poor management
Great place to work at!
Staff Exploration Drilling Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 22, 2018
However, managers and supervisors are changing the whole picture of what this great company used to be in the recent past. People is not a core value anymore. "My way or the highhway" looks to be the motto now.
Working for ConocoPhillips
Geospatial Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 22, 2018
ConocoPhillips has a great work environment. The company truly cares about the health and safety of its employees. I very appreciated the projects I was given, my co-workers, and dealing with users.
Pros
Free Gym and wonderful co-workers
Cons
A bit behind GIS technology
Stressful, Underappreciated
Geologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 17, 2018
Work/life balance was very poor, expected to work far more than is healthy. Advancement based on connections not on merit. Benefits and compensation were very competitive and generous.
Pros
Compensation, Benefits
Cons
Culture, Work/life balance
Very good work atmosphere
Incident Investigation, Medic First Aid (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 16, 2018
Conoco Phillips provided a very professional and safe atmosphere to work. With the slow down in the oil and gas industry consultants were laid off. Would enjoy working for the again
Cop
Logistics Project Planner (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 16, 2018
ConocoPhillips It was a wild ride through the up & downs of the oil & gas industry. Through it all ConocoPhillips is poised to be an industry leader!
GoodLuck in the future!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ConocoPhillips. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight