ConocoPhillips

Clear
4.2Pay & Benefits

Found 252 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,298 reviews
conocooilcopphillipssafetylayoffdownturnindustry

Good work life balance, leadership needs overhauling

Good work life balance and benefitsLeadership has poor decision making. They have a very traditional mindset which prevents innovation and growth which affects employees negatively and stagnates the company

Alright place

I thought it was ok the work is pretty demanding in winter time as they make you change tires outside on jacks. And this makes it difficult to keep the

ConocoPhillips insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job

Great work/life balance. Unbeatable benefits

ConocoPhillips offers a hybrid work schedule, as well as flexible schedules to provide you with every other friday off. The 401k contributions are UNREAL. Can't be beat.

Pros

Benefits, culture, time-off, work/life balance

Cons

Unsure about progression, doesn't love change

Production

Great place to work, Good pay. Long hours. Good time good people. 3 weeks on 3 off. Good equipment. Supervisors are a little shady. Co- workers like to tattle tell. Very strict on PPE.

Great benefits very bad management

Human Resources at Corporate Office is trying very hard to offer good benefit and culture. However, middle and line supervisors/management are very traditional, old school and unsecured of their own positions. My manager was very polite and positive in front of his superiors and HR. However, he treated people that worked for him as if were his untrusted servants.

Pros

Pay and benefits. Flexible time

Cons

Managers are so unsecure about their own positions, Corporate and field relationship is very antagonistic.

Great company with many benefits

A typical day at work would be 8-16 hrs for a non-exempt position. A typical week would be 5-6 days. Like many companies; it sometimes was who you knew not what you knew that got you where you wanted to go. Even with that I enjoyed working there and developed many skills with opportunities.

Pros

Many benefits and chances for savings

Cons

Could have long hours without relief or praise for outstanding work.

Best company!

ConocoPhillips is by far the best company I've worked for! I've worked in corporate America for over 30 years and I've never seen a company that truly put their employees first. The CEO is extremely down-to-earth and it trickles down throughout the company. I pray this never changes.

Pros

401K, competitive salaries, hybrid work weeks, 9/80 days, mental health perks, gym, physical therapy, onsite dental, onsite clinic, company events

Production

Great people great atmosphere opportunities for advancement safety training skill improvement constantly learning something new every day great health care and benefits

Red tape

Lots of layers, not a very productive environment. There are many layers of management and low productivity, lots of presentations and not very many decisions being made. Very unproductive environment.

Pros

Benefits, great pay

Cons

too many layers of management and not enough decisions getting made

Good place to start career

Good place to start your career, but opportunities for advancement limited. Large company so things tend to move slow with lots of bureaucracy. Interesting people to meet along the way.

Pros

Compensation and work life balance

Cons

Importance of work, speed, advancement

Too competitive

Culture breeds, embraces and rewards a competitive spirit to a fault. No teamwork exist, only clicks with united front to go against other clicks or individuals to get praise from management. So if you get in, then get in the right group or you will wash out. Took promotions and raises away from employees to avoid layoffs but used saved capital to acquire other company then do layoffs so management cannot be trusted.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

No teamwork and terrible benefits

Corporate life

Lots of politics about everything and everyone. You are a body and nothing more. I wouldn't recommend this employer at all. One thing is said and another is done

Pros

Benefits ar times

Cons

Horrible astophere

Chickens with heads cut off

Benefits and pay are great. Management is terrible. Major reorg s every 6 months. Zero job security. Here one day gone the next. Middle Mgmt is a bunch of szz kissing clowns. Managers love meetings bespecialy meetings with litttle or no purpose. Biggest challenge is the politics and infighting brteeen managers. Good old boys club. Good luck at advancing your czreer if you are a woman.

Pros

Pay benefits nice offives

Cons

Managers suck

Great Company to Work For

The pay and benefits at ConocoPhillips were excellent. They treated their employees with respect. I enjoyed and appreciated working for them. I would highly recommend this company for employment opportunities.

Stagnant and Unchallenging

COP pays well and has good benefits as long as you can survive layoffs every 12-18 months. You can do well as long as you have someone higher in the chain of command that will campion for you.

Pros

High Salary

Cons

Constant change and reacting to the oil markets

Understaffed and over worked

Lots of work and poorly compensated. If you enjoy cleaning up after people 24/7 and being pressured on the work you perform then this is the job for you. Keep in mind for all the work you do perform gets evaluated at the end of your tour. If you enjoy your life at home this isn’t a place for that. You will be gone for at least 3 months and yet are not entitled to your full time off. For what it’s worth does not pay enough for what you sacrifice to be out there. Not to mention they will promptly fire anyone they do not deem worthy amount their ranks per their evaluation sheets after every single tour even after the 90 day probation period.. you will still be evaluated on performance based upon if your boss likes you or not. So in a nutshell if you like to clean up constantly after others, constantly watched and being pressured, constant walking on eggshells for job security all for low pay then this is that job.

Pros

Free breakfast, lunch, and dinner cause your on a ship for 3 months

Cons

Low pay, gone a lot, low job security

Okay enjoyable at times

Couldn’t understand why they would not give an opportunity to go company when doing everything right. Instead of giving you the opportunity to go company they would pick one of their buddies instead it’s not what you know but who you know.

Pros

Pay/Benefits

Cons

Lead Operator Management

Challenging

Great company to work for.The experience I received could be used for other companies. I could apply the job skills I learned to advice to higher level of education and earning skills.

Pros

Free breakfast and lunches.

Great place to work if you are looking for 8-5 job

Great place to work if you are looking for 8-5 job. Overall company has solid pay/benefits, but unless you are identified early on as a top talent dont expect to progress too much.

Good pay and benefits

Good pay and benefits. I loved working for this company. They had great advancement opportunities. I started as a cashier and quickly worked my way up to district manager. My first district manager assignment was in Cheyenne Wyoming and then I was promoted to a position in Denver Colorado

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Focused geoscience employer

Company culture is fractionated—business units don’t always work together, and can be at odds. The lower level employees were great, but mid-level and senior management was focused on cost above all else. Pays lip service to safety culture, emphasizing it where it isn’t that critical, cutting corners where it can be.People are generally great, but internally competitive group to group.

Pros

Good benefits, excellent recent hires

Cons

Huge emphasis on cost cutting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ConocoPhillips. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.4
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
2.5Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare ConocoPhillips with

• ConocoPhillips
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?