Conrad Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
GReat look from the outside
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 30, 2018
It has a great brand but the managers and employees are on two different levels & they make sure to make that to be well known. If you are looking for a place of employment for money only it may be for you
overall not a pleasant experience
BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 25, 2018
I worked at the Conrad for almost a year, it being a luxury Hilton hotel, we were made allot of empty promises about it getting better and changes that were going to be made. When I left things that were an issue when I had started almost a year before were still unresolved. I have also spoken to employees since I've left who had tome me things have not gotten any better.
benefits
Cons
no breaks, no manager support
Working at Conrad New York (Battery Park)
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2018
My experience wasn't pleasant; however, the line workers were a pleasure to work with. Management is stressed, and pushed to the limit. There really isn't a work/life balance available to managers. I went in to the job knowing the job very well; however, with not enough staff, so much work falls on one person. And I worked alone. They do provide complimentary breakfast, lunch, and dinner, so that was a good perk.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
too many hours, not enough pay; no work/life balance for the managers
Overworked and under paid
Cook (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 18, 2018
I’ve worked for Hilton for a couple years now, this property is the worst. The pay is horrible for the amount of work they expect out of you. There is no loyalty for team members who have put in most of the work to open this hotel, which by the way is falling apart, it’s a new hotel but in a old building. Hilton made a bad choice with buying this building. This hotel is understaffed simply because the pay is too low. The turnover rate for employees is high for a place that just opened. Look somewhere else, you will want to pull out your hair by week two.
Pros
Hilton Benefits
Cons
Low pay and understaffed
High energy place of work
Marketing and Public Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 8, 2018
It is a great place to work in Indianapolis. It is a fairly smaller hotel, but during the busy seasons there is a lot of events to work. All the staff and management are great.
Quit after a week
Front of House Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 24, 2018
I was a Front of House Ambassador and it was OK, not horrible. A lot of training and no control over your schedule. Also the women have to wear red heels (at least an inch) which is torture when standing for eight hours. It is also sexist to make women wear uncomfortable shoes. I just knew right away that it wasn't going to work, and I quit after a short time.
Pros
free lunch, hotel discounts
Cons
the shift hours, standing for eight hours
Fun place to work
Food Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 20, 2018
Good place to work.
Good tips, poor supervisors, good managers.
Non balance between life and work
Parking is expensive, recommend to use the train if you don't live close.
Condescending and rude.
I am a Professional Security Officer. (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 3, 2018
If you are qualified and experienced...
this is not the place for you.
I was led to believe that the whole idea
of hospitality was to be gracious and
when required a problem solver.
The G.M. herself lacked these qualities
and the Hotel would be better served .
without such rude behavior.
I have been a patron of the Hilton Hotel Group
for many years.
I was sadly disappointed by the overall attitude and unprofessionalism of the GM and
how she treats people.
How sad.
I personally will have to rethink when and
where I will stay when I utilize Hotel brands.
Not very HOSPITABLE.
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Pros
Cons
Condescending attitude. Not very interested in discussing experience and qualifications.
good place but fair management
Atrio Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 24, 2018
it s a good place to work but l wasnt making good money so that l had to leave.he job was easy and managers were friendly.

it s a good place to make a career or to improve yourself.
Pros
parking, cafeteria
Cons
pay wasnt good.
Low wage high stress
Guest services (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 21, 2018
Low wage with limited tools to offer guests what their paying for which was sad. Room service was not 24 hours as required as brand standard and quality was at best inconsistent.
Benefits
Cons
Wages
Low pay and under staffed
Guest service (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 2, 2018
Pass on this one !!! Not ready for prime time, pay well under similar properties in the area and management only concerned with protecting themselves and the Hilton management contract. This Conrad will not be successful under this management philosophy, SAD
Pros
Hotel benefits
Cons
Pay and low staffing
great
Guest Service Ambassador, Bellman (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 28, 2017
typical work day is stressful, but great team to work with! I love the management team a the hotel and will sincerely hold them special in all of my future career goals.
Good pay, good benefits
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 18, 2017
This a very good place to work if you like to be busy all the time and if you like to learn to do your job as a professional way. They have a very reasonable pay and good benefits
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Work holidays
Banquet House Person (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2017
worked periodically, a little break in between. I learned how to be more patient and give a five - star treatment. Management was good. Culture was pretty interesting. The hardest part of the job was getting hurt by something falling on my foot & hurt my hand. The most enjoyable part of my job was making the guests happy.
Pros
whatever merchandise the guests don't want, was donated to us.
Cons
short breaks
Amazing workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Conrad Hotel lobbyNovember 19, 2017
I like to work in Conrad Hotel Dubai as a pre-opening statement, then I work also as a waitress which was useful for me because I like to meet people from all around the world
Fun team
Front of House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 1, 2017
First experience with the conrad was pretty good, it has a really fun team and everyone is helping out each other. Highly recommend to people to wok there.
Great work place
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2017
It was cool. I had fun there. Good people. Great work place. I have nothing else to say, I'm just typing til I reach the minimum (150)..................
The worse spa to work for
Spa Therapist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 12, 2017
For a part-time or on call position, it is the worst. The spa barely had business. Constantly giving us talk about luxury yet I've seen better luxury than this place. The marketing for the Spa within the company was very weak. The location of the Spa was so hidden that people couldn't find it that easily. The manager spent most of her time closed in her office on her computer. Constantly cutting our hours. Clients were rude and always complaining about the automatic tips included to the bill. The manager sometimes refused to validate our parking leaving us with a high parking bill. Completely under appreciated. Constantly writing us up for every little thing. If you are a license therapist, this place will knock out the passion for the career. Don't recommend it.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Pay for your parking. Horrible spa managers. Food wasn't always so great.
Great place to grow
Bar Captain/Mixologist/Sommelier (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 4, 2017
Great company to grow with. Baptiste & Bottle was a company that allowed me to grow and utilize my many skills. I built some solid relationships, but I was unhappy with the outrageous cost they gave me for health insurance for my family.
Union job local 6
Chef Tournant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 20, 2017
I worked in the kitchen for 3 yrs. I needed to leave because it was never going to change. I learned how the corporate world works. I learned that no matter what I did, no matter how good I was, there was no room for growth!
Pros
pay was great, benifit too
Cons
MG never learn how to do thier job. lots of MG every year.