Conrad Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Conrad does not care about their employees
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 15, 2019
They fire people if t hey have to leave 5-10 minutes early to pick up their premature baby . Never aggressive never argued . Simply let them know my situation and was told I’m putting my standards over the customer when I have been in customer service for more then 7 years with outstanding customer service . CONRAD NEED TO HAVE RESPECT FOR THEIR EMPLOYEES AND HAVE COMMON SENSE . BE VERY CAREFUL WHO YOU SPEAK TO AND IF YOU HAVE A CHILD AND YOH HAVE A ISSUE WITH YOUR CHILD THEY WILL FIRE YOU AND HOLD YOUR CHECK
zero work/life balance
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2019
Poor management, favoritism, undercover racism
Abusive and lack of direction and transparency
Big company with good benefits but not worth killing yourself
Look like is a good compensation but when you divide all the hours you are obligated to work is less than a janitor salary
benefits
Cons
excecutive management lost, poor, abusive
Low payment
Room Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 6, 2018
The staff is very kind and good to work with but staff is under paid. The hotel is currently being remodeled and its going to look very nice. Overall it is a healthy environment.
Management encourages growth
Senior Event Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2018
Very nice people at the Conrad. Team members seemed proud to be working there. Hotel management encourages team member input. Management cares about employees and their happiness and well being,
Productive/ Family environment/ Room for Growth
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRSeptember 21, 2018
Beautiful location/ Fair atmosphere / Team member unity/ Cultural attitude/ Hours fair/ Learned to utilize various floor machines/ Par levels / Inventories
Hands on property as per moving around to different departments in order to learn the function of the same
Assistant Director of Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 21, 2018
I personal learned a lot of which I value to this day due to the work experience I had been introduced while my time at the Conrad Miami. From Housekeeping Manager to Public Area Manager
Pros
Hands On experience, room for growth
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 5, 2018
Staff is like family there and everyone knows everybody, we have all been there for years
Pay and hours are great and they are very flexible with scheduling
The Conrad rewards people for a job well done.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 22, 2018
I enjoyed working at the Conrad even though the work was sometimes hard. My favorite part was working during Christmas. Enjoying the Christmas breakfast for staff and their families.
Pros
Christmas breakfasts
Cons
When dish washer broke down
Poor management
Server / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 19, 2018
I was personally over worked, and never had the proper equipment to do my job. Had requested vacation time got "approved" week of vacation rolls around I'm scheduled. When I speak to manager he just said "Well, I'm going to need you to work." after having already paid for flight, hotel, and other expenses.
overall not a pleasant experience
BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 25, 2018
I worked at the Conrad for almost a year, it being a luxury Hilton hotel, we were made allot of empty promises about it getting better and changes that were going to be made. When I left things that were an issue when I had started almost a year before were still unresolved. I have also spoken to employees since I've left who had tome me things have not gotten any better.
benefits
Cons
no breaks, no manager support
Working at Conrad New York (Battery Park)
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2018
My experience wasn't pleasant; however, the line workers were a pleasure to work with. Management is stressed, and pushed to the limit. There really isn't a work/life balance available to managers. I went in to the job knowing the job very well; however, with not enough staff, so much work falls on one person. And I worked alone. They do provide complimentary breakfast, lunch, and dinner, so that was a good perk.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
too many hours, not enough pay; no work/life balance for the managers
Great Place to Start
Departmental Trainer/ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 24, 2018
Nice place to start your career in the hotel industry. The hours are mixed and the definitely work in the week ends. Parking is a pain and expensive.
Pros
Culture and Benefits
Cons
Hours, Management and location.
Overworked and under paid
Cook (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 18, 2018
I’ve worked for Hilton for a couple years now, this property is the worst. The pay is horrible for the amount of work they expect out of you. There is no loyalty for team members who have put in most of the work to open this hotel, which by the way is falling apart, it’s a new hotel but in a old building. Hilton made a bad choice with buying this building. This hotel is understaffed simply because the pay is too low. The turnover rate for employees is high for a place that just opened. Look somewhere else, you will want to pull out your hair by week two.
Pros
Hilton Benefits
Cons
Low pay and understaffed
High energy place of work
Marketing and Public Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 8, 2018
It is a great place to work in Indianapolis. It is a fairly smaller hotel, but during the busy seasons there is a lot of events to work. All the staff and management are great.
Quit after a week
Front of House Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 24, 2018
I was a Front of House Ambassador and it was OK, not horrible. A lot of training and no control over your schedule. Also the women have to wear red heels (at least an inch) which is torture when standing for eight hours. It is also sexist to make women wear uncomfortable shoes. I just knew right away that it wasn't going to work, and I quit after a short time.
Pros
free lunch, hotel discounts
Cons
the shift hours, standing for eight hours
Fun place to work
Food Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 20, 2018
Good place to work.
Good tips, poor supervisors, good managers.
Non balance between life and work
Parking is expensive, recommend to use the train if you don't live close.
Condescending and rude.
I am a Professional Security Officer. (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 3, 2018
If you are qualified and experienced...
this is not the place for you.
I was led to believe that the whole idea
of hospitality was to be gracious and
when required a problem solver.
The G.M. herself lacked these qualities
and the Hotel would be better served .
without such rude behavior.
I have been a patron of the Hilton Hotel Group
for many years.
I was sadly disappointed by the overall attitude and unprofessionalism of the GM and
how she treats people.
How sad.
I personally will have to rethink when and
where I will stay when I utilize Hotel brands.
Not very HOSPITABLE.
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Pros
Cons
Condescending attitude. Not very interested in discussing experience and qualifications.
good place but fair management
Atrio Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 24, 2018
it s a good place to work but l wasnt making good money so that l had to leave.he job was easy and managers were friendly.

it s a good place to make a career or to improve yourself.
Pros
parking, cafeteria
Cons
pay wasnt good.
Low wage high stress
Guest services (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 21, 2018
Low wage with limited tools to offer guests what their paying for which was sad. Room service was not 24 hours as required as brand standard and quality was at best inconsistent.
Benefits
Cons
Wages
Low pay and under staffed
Guest service (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 2, 2018
Pass on this one !!! Not ready for prime time, pay well under similar properties in the area and management only concerned with protecting themselves and the Hilton management contract. This Conrad will not be successful under this management philosophy, SAD
Pros
Hotel benefits
Cons
Pay and low staffing