Conroe Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Crmc
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJuly 16, 2018
Management was poor at this facility. There was no support, and the environment was negative. Pay was low. I would not recommend working at this facility.
Worst job ever
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJuly 5, 2018
I worked as a registrar for just under a year. There is high turn over rate in this deptartment and is extremely under staffed. Only had 30 minutes for lunch and sometimes didn't even get to take that until well after 1 pm. The staff is employed through Parallon, which is a corporation that cares more about the numbers and the bottom line than they do employees or patients. The only approved time off is if it's scheduled. I was written up because I had to be home with my son who had the flu. I had doctor's note that was given to my manager, but it didn't matter. No job/life balance. I missed my daughter's entire volleyball season because I wasn't able to leave even 30 minutes early 1 day a week for just a few weeks.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Never a dull moment.
Unit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 1, 2018
I believe that a workplace is what you bring to it. This place has had it's ups and downs. Very challenging, yet I take it as a learning experience...
Extremely poor radiology management. All tech but 2 were travelers. Extremely unsafe staffing
CT Tech (Former Employee) –  Trauma centerMay 30, 2018
. Extremely poor radiology management. All techs but 2 were travelers. Extremely unsafe staffing. Filthy work areas extremely rude secretary at front desk.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Great workplace
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 26, 2018
The environment is very welcoming and has many opportunities for growth for the employees. The management shows genuine interest in what employees have to say.
Productive and a great atmosphere to work in
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 21, 2018
I work 8 hours a day which is plenty of time to get my work done. The hardest part of the job is covering for other employees who take unscheduled time off.
Pros
reduced lunch meals
Cons
advancement opportunities are few
Dependent on who is in charge.
CRITICAL CARE RN (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 11, 2018
As any work place the biggest difference in how a shift goes will be your coworkers and who is your charge nurse that day. Overall the people I have worked with have been very helpful, and very pleasant to work with. Occasionally you will have some "bad seeds", but that is just like any other job unfortunately.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXApril 25, 2018
I enjoyed working with pediatrics and elderly patients. I enjoyed helping them to feel better, discuss disease processes, medications and side with them and their families.
Great place to work as long as the job position is right for you
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXApril 17, 2018
I absolutely loved working in the hospital and the supervisors,co-workers and other staff members were so nice to work with. I wish the job I was given would have allowed me to interact with those individuals and with patients more. Given the right job opportunity for me I would most definitely work there again.
Pros
Good food at the cafeteria
Cons
Not as much people interaction i was hoping for
great place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXApril 4, 2018
I started my career there and I have gone back to work there after a brief try at something else. The staff is amazing. They are friendly and inviting. The physicians and nurses communicate well with each other and truly use a team approach to healthcare.
Excellent vested Co-workers
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 19, 2018
Management non-responsive interested in keeping up appearances more than engaging with staff and improving the patient's outcome. It can be a great place or a nightmare depending on the unit you land in.
Collaborative team work, enjoyable and helpful coworkers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Med/SurgJanuary 31, 2018
Friendly and helpful coworkers. Approachable leadership team. However, frequently understaffed. I learned time management and prioritization while caring for 6 patients and their families.
Pros
Helpful and friendly coworkers
Cons
Minimal breaks, frequently short-staffed
Face paced
RN (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJanuary 30, 2018
Face paced hospital. Time management is a must. Workload is heavy. 12 hour shifts. On med surg floor had up to 7 patients at a time. Learned a lot of skills.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Heavy load
Educational and Collaborative
RN (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJanuary 30, 2018
Great work environment and group of colleagues. Everyday challenges and educational opportunities. Supportive Management staff and physicians to foster growth in the staff.
Cleaning hospital rooms
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJanuary 20, 2018
When I started working at Conroe regional medical center I was 3 months pregnant. Walking cleaning mopping floors it was easy but when I got further in my pregnancy those tasks became a little harder. Then they let me go on maternity leave
Pros
Cons
Low pay
Great place to work with good benefits
Unit Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJanuary 10, 2018
Register patients in the computer. I worked in L&D so I would have to hook the moms up to the monitor and take their vitals. I really enjoyed this job!
Facepaced work place
Tech (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXDecember 30, 2017
Very fast paced and ongoing work. Always busy and never a dull moment. Many areas under staffed and lack enough employees on a daily basis. My unit mostly staff the other units.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Low pay grade
Ups and Downs
Labor & Delivery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXDecember 13, 2017
I have worked at CRMC over 10 years and have seen a lot of changes, both good and bad. I know the grass isn't always greener and nothing is perfect, and honestly my decision to leave is somewhat a personal one due to a need for change and burnout, but also it has become clear that management is more concerned with the bottom line than employees oftentimes, though they will say otherwise. I stayed so long because I love my co-workers and I enjoy the department I work in, but it's time to move on.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
consistency in management, benefits
pleasent work enviroment
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXNovember 30, 2017
It was a fun work envviroment my co-wokers were pleasent, I loved bonding with my patients abd the hospital was always having events they really treated their employees well.
Pros
good hours
Cons
low pay
Had new supervisor everyday and trainers not following protocols.
Laboratory phlebotomist trainee - PRN (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXNovember 17, 2017
I only worked here at Conroe Hospital for a short period due to lack of skills training according to JACHO protocol. I also had a new supervisor each day, and one day I had no supervisor at all. It was a mutual separation because my dog had a litter of 7 Border Collies and she passed shortly after.
Pros
very clean, friendly co-workers
Cons
training new hires, and lack of supervision