ConServe Careers and Employment
Work happinessScores based on about 41 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
For more than 30 years, ConServe has been a leading provider of accounts receivable management and collection services specializing in customized solutions for colleges and universities, guaranty agencies and private lenders. We are based on the simple principle that helping people fulfill their obligations, in ways that preserve their dignity, enhances self-confidence and empowers them with a sense of control. At ConServe, we call it Fostering Financial Freedom®. We take great pride in being a team of the right people, doing the right thing, at the right time, the right way.
At ConServe we are proud to be a part of such a great organization. Our continued dedication to growing the business in a manner that is ethical is reflected in the numerous awards we have achieved.
• WorkplaceDynamics, the Democrat and Chronicle and our employees recognize and salute ConServe as the Top Workplace in Rochester for four consecutive years.
• ConServe is proud to have earned the distinction of being a 2021 Best Places to Work in Collections.
• ConServe is a proud recipient of the Better Business Bureau’s Torch Award recognizing our commitment to the highest standards of leadership, character and organizational ethics by generating a high level of trust among our employees, customers and communities.
• ConServe earned a spot on Training magazine's annual Top 125: a listing of organizations with the most successful learning and development programs in the world.
• ConServe was also selected as one of Rochester N.Y.'s Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies.
You’re seeing all 12 jobs at ConServe because we can’t find any available jobs at ConServe close to Ashburn, VA at the moment.
Salary estimated from 448 employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
Employees at ConServe have reported receiving these benefits. They will vary by role and location.
Conserve is a company behind in diversity and inclusion. It’s kind of like a good ole boys club, if you’re not in that group then there is not much room for you to progress. If you do progress then there is still no job security. I was re-hired and let go twice due to them needing to downsize. The monthly goals are also almost impossible to meet which is why there’s a high turnover rate. You have to be somewhat obnoxious in order to do this kind of work and it’s not really something most would like to do long term. I did meet some good people and I liked having the chance to improve my skills. The employee benefits were very good as well as the PTO and sick time. If you don’t work out in one department they will let you to move to another.
No room for any advancement. The managers are condescending. No real help from anyone to achieve their unrealistic goals. They are always looking to hire because the turnover rate is ridiculously high. Do not recommend!
Small team, no leaders, stereotyping, lack of diversity. No clear goals, everyone is out for self. They say that it’s about team and family but when it’s all said, it’s all about the people at the top.
This company has gone down hill majorly in the past 5 years. The leadership doesn't truly care about their employees and have unfair expectations on their subordinates. Stress level is high much of the time and there is no way to alleviate the anxiety that is created by the position you have. There is limited opportunity for advancement and they frequently move people around with little warning or advanced knowledge. I have little to no faith in this company anymore.
Good job for someone who’s starting out in the corporate work force. Over time, they will realize what corporate culture is all about. Favoritism, working late shifts and being told you’re not doing good enough runs rampant here.
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 31 questions about working at ConServe. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from ConServe employees.
Insights from 31 Indeed users who have interviewed with ConServe within the last 5 years.
Many, it was intense. Ex: “Tell me about a time that you dealt with an angry consumer, explain what you did to resolve the issue and what you could have done different?”
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.