ConServe Employee Reviews

Not friendly
Student Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairport, NYOctober 17, 2018
The staff is miserable and management is clueless that is all I have to say about that. located in the apple tree mall its a stand alone building. good luck
Ok
Debt Counselor (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYOctober 16, 2018
I wasn't the best place I've worked in collections but it was definitely one of the best in the area. There's a lot of shady collection agencies and ConServe isn't one of them. They comply fully with all FDCPA guidelines. With the industry as a whole, however, there is no job security. Agencies lose contracts, people get moved around, friends quit left and right. I just didn't like the industry anymore.
Great money but poor management
Mentor (Current Employee) –  FairportSeptember 13, 2018
I made great money had great benefits but that isn’t worth the stress. You found out about changes in policy through the grapevine rather from management themselves
Fast-paced work place
Debt Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fairport, NYJuly 24, 2018
On the phone for the full 8 hours, making calls for collections. Hitting a monthly goal. Learned responsibility and time-management. Management is good. Positive work place culture. Hardest part of job is maintaining success rate. Most enjoyable part of job is hitting goal and getting a bonus check.
Very good experience
Department of Education Debt Counselor (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJune 12, 2018
It was a mistake to leave. The contract i worked ended and i became concerned they may start laying people off. They ended up just moving people to different departments but by then i had taken a new job and now they only do temp to hire.
Pros
Best H R, benefits and coworkers you could ask for.
Cons
Only doing temp to hire at buffalo location currently
Ok
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairport, NYMarch 16, 2018
You have to amke montly goals which is hard becasue you job might lweys be on the line. You hagle people into paying money and you just dont feel good about your self.
good
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairport, NYMarch 14, 2018
Conserve was a great work culture, you have unlimited bonus earning potential (in some positions), you also can get flex scheduling, and they offer great benefits as well.
Pros
free lunches, good bonus, good benefits, family atmosphere
Cons
collections, some employees needed to be fired, compliance
Great benefits
Debt Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fairport, NYFebruary 11, 2018
They have some of the best benefits around. That being said, the day-to-day is very monotonous. Typical office/call-center environment. Likelihood of bonus payouts slim in the first 6 months, during the "ramping up" period. Ability to make uncapped commissions after 6 months. Must be comfortable cold-calling, and handling rejection.
Pros
Benefits, Good mentors and managers
Cons
Low pay for reps in the early months, monotonous, negative and ever-changing work environment
I love ConServe
Debt Counselor (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYFebruary 8, 2018
ConServe has become my favorite workplace ever. The people are great to work with and always willing to help. I started here with no collections experience and everyone took me under their wing to show me tips and tricks to be the best I can be! The management staff, in my experience, does everything they can to help each person hit their goal and is always motivating us to be better.
Competative
Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Henrietta, NYJanuary 3, 2018
Good place to work, fair compensation and excellent benefits. This company is always expanding and cares about the employees. You can make good money and still only have to work 40 hours a week.
Pros
good benefits
Great starting point, not long term option.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fairport, NYNovember 20, 2017
I would really give the company a 2.7 out of 5. As time went on upper management changed and not for the better. Management were putting there friends in charge instead putting the best fit in. Benefits are outstanding, at least when I was there it was. Pay is low but what the company pays in 401k match, profit sharing and bonus was awesome. Vacation time is low but I was also right out of college. The CEO is great and super smart, was very involved when I was there. I have heard that changed since I left in late in 2014. I left not because of my boss. I left because I wanted to get in finance and I didn't like my exact role.
Benefits
Cons
Low pay, not great leadership, stress levels can be high.
Great place to work for if you have the experience
Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 13, 2017
Good benefits and decent pay but goals seems to be a unreachable expectation with the amount of work flow they give. Collecting on debt requires a certain finese to get people to work with you, giving you a very big wedge between you and your goals
Really enjoyed showing up to work everyday.
Debt Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 4, 2017
I worked at Conserve for over a year. There isn't anything bad that I can say about the company or management. They offer the tools and training to succeed. I would highly recommend the position to someone as soon as the company is in a better standing.
Pros
Amazing benefits- Great amount of PTO- Flexible hours
Cons
Cut throat emplyees.
good place to work
Debt Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fairport, NYAugust 20, 2017
it's an okay place to work, however, the culture is not what I am looking for. benefits are great. stress is high, unable to move about the office; tied to a desk
Great Benefits, Can be stressful
Debt Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fairport, NYJuly 18, 2017
ConServe takes care of their employees, and they hold themselves to a high ethical standard. It can be difficult to get to goal, especially during summer months, but management will do everything they can to help get you there if you are struggling. You sit in a cubicle all day and call people who can be rude and vulgar.
Great benefits
Debt Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fairport, NYJuly 10, 2017
Was a good company to work for but starting to go down hill. hours are monday thru friday so thats cool, nine to six or ten to seven or mandatory night shifts noon to nine
Had to place consumers in a debt management program
Debt Collection Specialist- I (Former Employee) –  Fairport, NYJune 22, 2017
Did not like this job at all. Had to make cold calls to clients with defaulted student loans and set them up in a debt management program. If goal was not met within 3mths you were let go from your position.
working at ConServe
Debt Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fairport, NYJune 8, 2017
Training was a plus, loved the friendly atmosphere. Great building to work in. lots of natural lighting. Great opportunities to excel, just make sure you are always on time.

very strict attendance policy ^_^
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
some of the co-workers are big kids
Great place to work for
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Fairport, NYMay 8, 2017
Worked with a great team with great leadership.Supervisor always went above and beyond to assist the team and to help meet all goals. Flexible scheduling and positive work environment
collections
Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 7, 2017
It was a typical day at work .. no diversity in management . a lot of favoritism with family members. I enjoy the amount money I made. The change in bonus pay was a concern and frustration.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ConServe. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight