ConServe Employee Reviews

My 2 months worth
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Fairport, NYJanuary 27, 2019
I only got to work there for a few months, and I found it to be a really good working atmosphere. You really have to have the ability to multi task and handle silence. I found the co workers there to be very helpful and everyone was friendly. I would very much consider going back as everyone has a job to do and it is WAY BETTER THAN RETAIL!
Pros
Friendly, helpful individuals, wanting you to succeed
Cons
I was there when the company was changing some policies so there was a lot of turmoil.
Take this with a grain of salt.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairport, NYJanuary 13, 2019
In theory, ConServe is a good company. Their culture is assisting people with "financial freedom" from debt and doing the right thing, the right way at the right time. They also insist they're improving the human condition for their consumers as well as their clients. And I'm sure to some kind of degree, they are. They offer a generous health plan package (regardless if its for single or family) and 401k benefits. They do a yearly luncheon, and a yearly gala typically around Valentine's day.

However, I will say this:

Unless if you're management, the pay is relatively poor, especially if you're not in a position to make a monthly bonus. Throughout my five years with the company, I've heard of people working two or even three jobs (or having a partner who works) just to make ends meet because the hourly pay is less than than what industry standards include. Despite this being a continual argument among employees to upper management, paperwork would still be mailed home to say WHY the pay will not be raised to industry standards, usually including the fact that the health insurance package is part of deal. They say they're improving the human condition, but that clearly didn't include their employees for day-to-day life.

And in most cases, it was easy to remain within compliance's rules and regulations. ConServe is STRICT when it comes to making sure they do not fall out of the FDCPA's guildlines (ConServe is far more strict than the FDCPA's rules/regulations in certain conditions) and for anyone who does? Its not a pretty picture. It can - and does - lead to termination.
  more...

Yet, when a mistake was made, it was a BIG deal. Not just in a "you need to be careful in what you're doing" but it includes write ups and adds stress to make sure you don't do anything to make a mistake. It makes it feel as if you're not allowed to mess up EVER. And that's a huge deal, no matter your position in the company.

Furthermore, the amount of departmental miscommunication throughout the company is highly disorganized. Rules regarding particular contracts were changed on the daily, and if you didn't have a coworker that you were friendly with to update you? Then you ended up making a mistake and getting some kind of written warning against you. And sure, for certain departments there were written guides to assist you with some basic questions you may have, but they weren't always clear and for more in depth questions, you HAD to ask someone for help.

Overall its not a BAD place to work, but its not the best, either. Take my words with a grain of salt, though.
Pros
Healthcare and 401k plans, jean for charity (able to donate money to "dress down")
Cons
Departmental communication needs to be stronger, pay needs increase, strict compliance rules
Terrible place to work
Debt Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fairport, NYDecember 18, 2018
Terrible management. Unrealistic goals. Supervisors had their favorites and handed them the best accounts to work. Bad training. No communication. Everyone was cut throat. Not very good environment to work in. Company just wants there money. They don’t want to keep happy employees. Uncapped bonuses aren’t a real thing.
Benefits
Cons
Pay, management, bonuses, everything
Top Notch
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 17, 2018
ConServe is a company that has astonished me with how flawless a company it truly is. It focuses on employees, community, and doing the right thing the right way. Apply to learn more.
Terrible Experience
Debt Counselor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 26, 2018
One of the worst jobs I have ever had. Management is terrible and there is no flexibility in schedules so work/ life balance is terrible. You get treated like another number while management is all buddy buddy and don't set expectations for themselves. Constantly lie about things so you never actually can tell when they are telling you the truth about the job.
Pros
Pay is decent, Benefits if you are a single individual
Cons
Everything else, avoid the job at all costs
ConServe Review
Operations Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairport, NYNovember 15, 2018
There are some things that people could say both pro and con about this company. Private local company that has been around for over 30 year, shows stability. Really helps employees to be financially responsible, encouraging 401K savings and budgeting help if you wish for it. Has a year round wellness program to encourage good health monitoring, giving a financial bonus if participating.
Pros
Health care was covered 100% for single subscribers & reasonable health care family cost, put on several parties for employees over a year, to say thank you
Cons
Did not see non collection areas grow compared to collection areas, Non collection areas tended to usually replace people who left
Not friendly
Student Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairport, NYOctober 17, 2018
The staff is miserable and management is clueless that is all I have to say about that. located in the apple tree mall its a stand alone building. good luck
Ok
Debt Counselor (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYOctober 16, 2018
I wasn't the best place I've worked in collections but it was definitely one of the best in the area. There's a lot of shady collection agencies and ConServe isn't one of them. They comply fully with all FDCPA guidelines. With the industry as a whole, however, there is no job security. Agencies lose contracts, people get moved around, friends quit left and right. I just didn't like the industry anymore.
Great money but poor management
Mentor (Current Employee) –  FairportSeptember 13, 2018
I made great money had great benefits but that isn’t worth the stress. You found out about changes in policy through the grapevine rather from management themselves
ok place
Collection Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Fairport, NYAugust 28, 2018
doesnt allow for more money making. unfair referal practice., playing field is opnly leveled when managment intercepts otherwise you are on your own . it sucks
Fast-paced work place
Debt Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fairport, NYJuly 24, 2018
On the phone for the full 8 hours, making calls for collections. Hitting a monthly goal. Learned responsibility and time-management. Management is good. Positive work place culture. Hardest part of job is maintaining success rate. Most enjoyable part of job is hitting goal and getting a bonus check.
Very good experience
Department of Education Debt Counselor (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJune 12, 2018
It was a mistake to leave. The contract i worked ended and i became concerned they may start laying people off. They ended up just moving people to different departments but by then i had taken a new job and now they only do temp to hire.
Pros
Best H R, benefits and coworkers you could ask for.
Cons
Only doing temp to hire at buffalo location currently
Ok
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairport, NYMarch 16, 2018
You have to amke montly goals which is hard becasue you job might lweys be on the line. You hagle people into paying money and you just dont feel good about your self.
good
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairport, NYMarch 14, 2018
Conserve was a great work culture, you have unlimited bonus earning potential (in some positions), you also can get flex scheduling, and they offer great benefits as well.
Pros
free lunches, good bonus, good benefits, family atmosphere
Cons
collections, some employees needed to be fired, compliance
Great benefits
Debt Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fairport, NYFebruary 11, 2018
They have some of the best benefits around. That being said, the day-to-day is very monotonous. Typical office/call-center environment. Likelihood of bonus payouts slim in the first 6 months, during the "ramping up" period. Ability to make uncapped commissions after 6 months. Must be comfortable cold-calling, and handling rejection.
Pros
Benefits, Good mentors and managers
Cons
Low pay for reps in the early months, monotonous, negative and ever-changing work environment
I love ConServe
Debt Counselor (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYFebruary 8, 2018
ConServe has become my favorite workplace ever. The people are great to work with and always willing to help. I started here with no collections experience and everyone took me under their wing to show me tips and tricks to be the best I can be! The management staff, in my experience, does everything they can to help each person hit their goal and is always motivating us to be better.
Competative
Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Henrietta, NYJanuary 3, 2018
Good place to work, fair compensation and excellent benefits. This company is always expanding and cares about the employees. You can make good money and still only have to work 40 hours a week.
Pros
good benefits
Great starting point, not long term option.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fairport, NYNovember 20, 2017
I would really give the company a 2.7 out of 5. As time went on upper management changed and not for the better. Management were putting there friends in charge instead putting the best fit in. Benefits are outstanding, at least when I was there it was. Pay is low but what the company pays in 401k match, profit sharing and bonus was awesome. Vacation time is low but I was also right out of college. The CEO is great and super smart, was very involved when I was there. I have heard that changed since I left in late in 2014. I left not because of my boss. I left because I wanted to get in finance and I didn't like my exact role.
Benefits
Cons
Low pay, not great leadership, stress levels can be high.
Great place to work for if you have the experience
Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 13, 2017
Good benefits and decent pay but goals seems to be a unreachable expectation with the amount of work flow they give. Collecting on debt requires a certain finese to get people to work with you, giving you a very big wedge between you and your goals
Really enjoyed showing up to work everyday.
Debt Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 4, 2017
I worked at Conserve for over a year. There isn't anything bad that I can say about the company or management. They offer the tools and training to succeed. I would highly recommend the position to someone as soon as the company is in a better standing.
Pros
Amazing benefits- Great amount of PTO- Flexible hours
Cons
Cut throat emplyees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ConServe. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight