CONSOLIDATED COMMUNICATIONS Employee Review

View all CONSOLIDATED COMMUNICATIONS reviews

Good Place to work. Pay is good, but no room for advancement, only lateral moves. Retirement has been reduced and frozen. 401K is only retirement opti
Certified Outside Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXApril 4, 2013
On a typical work day I will install and repair telephone, dsl, or t.v. service to residential homes and some businesses.I also install and repair fiber optics in residences and businesses I am home dispatched which means I take my company truck home every night and start my day from my home instead of going into the office every day. I repair cut copper or fiber optic cables. I interact with customers on a daily basis. Informing them on the nature of their problem and how I repaired the problem. I speak with engineers and network services to resolve customer issues. I have a great supervisor, and for the most part the management team is top notch. There are 30+ technicians in my department, but we work as one man out. Meaning we work alone and are trained to do all the services we provide. I rarely work with another technician except when one of us has a job that requires help. We do work together on splicing jobs, such as after hours fiber splicing.The most enjoyable part of my job is the diversity in what I do every day. And sometimes that can be the hardest part of my job..
Pros
company truck home dispatched.trusted to do my job on my own
Cons
frozen retiremen, no room for advancement, only lateral moves with very little pay increase for those moves

Other CONSOLIDATED COMMUNICATIONS Employee Reviews

No thank you
Undisclosed (Former Employee) –  New EnglandMarch 9, 2018
I do not recommend this company. Extremely poor management and you are promised things that are not ever given. Couldn't get out fast enough. Management takes credit for your work and lies.
Very productive, growing Company
Business Assigned Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILFebruary 28, 2018
I held many positions at Consolidated.
I started working there after graduating from High School and was employed there for 35 years.
I began as a Customer Service Rep, then advanced to Administrative Assistant to many Vice Presidents and Directors.
I enjoyed every day I worked there.
Pros
Very enjoyable place to work.
Cons