Consolidated Infrastructure Group Employee Reviews

Na
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 24, 2018
 Meet budgeted quality ratio and expense targets each month with overall reduction in
damages month over month, per state expectations
 Achieve target damage ratio, per state expectations
 Identify locate/behavior trends at the tech level and direct or schedule applicable training.
 Determined candidates for Key training on day to day basis based on quality indicators, [e.g.
failed audits, AF damages, task responses, and employee observations, supervisor/manager
recommendations, etc.].
 Assignment of progressive discipline, ensure discipline is delivered, and proper
documentation completed
 Construct and apply follow-up plans and corrective action on Technicians outside the
Damage Policy
 Monitor and drive the timeliness of the field damage reporting
 Drive the feedback loop through the Quality and Claims process at the Supervisor and Tech
levels.
 Oversee department results and staff performance
 Assist in development of Pre and Post locate risk assessment
 Select and assign field audits to each district supervisor and auditor weekly
 Perform field audits and joint audit exercises with Supervisors and auditor
 Oversees performance of Claims Coordinator, Damage Investigators, District Trainers/Key
Trainers, and Auditors
Beginning in 1997 also employed with utility contractors USIC, Safesite, Utiliquest, and others as a
locator, damage investigator, supervisor, and project manager
Experience
unthoughtful
Utility Locator (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 30, 2018
laid four states off with no warning. made everyone in my area not, sure about the rest, drive 2 hrs to turn in equipment and trucks. after they shut off our fuel cards, so we had to put gas in trucks our selves in order to get them there. to top it off we couldn't even get a ride back home. all of this had to be done with no reimbursement so we could get our last pay check that they shorted a few of us on anyhow.
Pros
Cons
bosses
Closed with no notice
Utility Locate Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 27, 2018
Closed with no notice. Left employees in a bad position. No explanation to what happened. It was time for raises and bonuses and right before the holidays.
Texas locator
Locator Technician (Former Employee) –  East Texas, txNovember 19, 2018
This company sounds good on paper and management is paid well to make it seem like it is. But don't fall for it. Equipment that you get is always second hand and you have to fix it before you can use it. They treat you like you work in a Chinese sweat shop by telling you that you have to do X amount of tickets and if you don't you get into trouble. And they care about their employees so much they walked away from all their contracts in 4 states without even giving the employees a heads up when they Knew they where going to do it 8 months ago. Made us use our personal vehicles and money to turn equipment and work truck in. I with no reembusement or anything they took money from us from our last check and said we weren't eligible for it.
Pros
No boss breathing down your neck
Cons
Everything else
Terrible Company to work for
Locator Technician (Former Employee) –  OklahomaNovember 12, 2018
The corporate from this company has no regards for it's staff or management. To be poorly treated the way this company does business was a slap in the face to those of us who put countless hours in striving to make the company what it was. Laying off three states worth of people with less than a 24 notice is truly bad business.
Pros
Company truck
Cons
corporate
no job security
Locate Technician (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 12, 2018
company gave us no time to find new job job was stress full over worked needed as much done as possible didn't care at cost as long as they got money company was not worried about employees
Great place to work for growth within the company
Area Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 2, 2018
Loved working along side my guys. Got up everyday excited about the days work. Enjoyed teaching & encouraging guys to get better. Was given the tools to succeed & to lead my team in the right direction. They pay was extremely fair. Never heard a complaint about the pay at this company.
Something New everyday
Claims Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 1, 2018
Everyday had a different challenge awaiting. Teamwork and management made it easy to accomplish. Standards were upheld and professionalism was always a must.
Awful company to work for
Utility Locate Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 30, 2018
I got told from day one that I was being trained to replace expandable people from there I was put in the field without any prior training to locate electric lines and was also sent without the right equipment for a lot of jobs but this company has a 114% turn over rate in the time I was there I became one of the most experienced techs on my team and I had only been locating for 6 months it’s also extremely stressful and your bosses are always finding ways to break crew positive attitudes also you are on call for a week and a time and when I say the 114% turn over rate I am not kidding they are losing people fast awful job all around. Only advancement you get is to be a lead tech which means they make it to where you can access everyone’s tickets and move them around and you have to help others techs which is doubling your work load and still you have to met your production I had two leads quit while I worked there because of the stress.
Pros
Company car, phone, laptop.
Cons
High work load, low befits, extremely high stress, dangerous, emotionally disparity.
Regular job, with some benfits.
Locate Technician (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 5, 2018
We don't clock in, till you get to the first ticket. The first ticket could be anywhere, from 5 minutes to 21/2 hours from your home. Then, locate all the tickets in your area, and then you go to other areas. I've learned about all the different lines, that gives us service. Our Supervisor is good, someone you can talk too. Upper Management, you only communicate through email.The job is done with a cell phone and lab-top, and most of the time, you have to drive to a different location, just to upload all the info and pics. The best thing about my job, is meeting different people.
Pros
Truck to drive & gas card for work
Cons
Never know where your working from day to day.
Good company to learn to locate
Damage Investigator/ locator (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 4, 2018
Training is fast benefits are immediate, plenty of work hours, chance for advancing to lead, alot to learn , but worth it and rewarding if you have the determination.
Pros
Great medical, great suoervisors
Cons
Drama within crews, managment changes alot, always seems like more is addes to do
Horrible
Utility Locate Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 27, 2018
Horrible company to work for, is work at McDonald's before I go here! Not at all the place I wanna be for more than 6mos. You will be outside 24/7 and alone 15 hrs a day!
Pros
Money
Horrible(lafayette)
Locate Technician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 24, 2018
This job will tear you down they give you wayyyy more work than you can handle make you work mandatory weekends and you dont start getting pto til after 1 year and u only get maybe 1 hour every 2 weeks. Meaning this is a contract they more than likely will change companies every 1 or 2 years so good luck ever trying to get pto time itll be impossible. Im writing yall this to help yall be stress free this company cant pay people enough to stay there. Everyone quitting and its just not the best company to work for its a headache. They will say hey u can get a bonus if you reach this goal then when you reach it they try to pull a service drop damage from 4 months ago to prevent you from getting it. Honestly if you looking for a career this is not the job for you.
Pros
Truck gas card
Cons
Everything else
great job to work for
Supervisor/District Trainer (Current Employee) –  ArkansasMay 1, 2018
Great team to work for.
good management that know the business.
fast pace workplace, plenty of work and hours to go around.
great to work outside and go to new places everyday.
Not all that great
Locate Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 9, 2018
Job wasn't too hard, and the benefits were really good, but there's little room to advance and it seemed like the company didnt really have everything together as a business.
Bad
Locater (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 4, 2018
do not come here. not only did i not get a company vehicle, i was also transferred to another town without notice... they do not keep you informed and do not provide necessary tolls to do your job correctly
Pros
good pay
Cons
lack of training and long hours
Since when did Locators start working for the contractors.
Underground Utility Locator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2018
Contractors will get you fired if you don't babysit them. Job culture is to kiss Comcast and At&t hand and feet. They preach producting like Sunday service. As soon as you get a damage nothing else matters or ever will. Pto is horrible one hour for every two weeks worked and it has to be a full two weeks or you wont get it. Turn of is higher then the Washington Monument. Only 5 guys make it out of a class of 20. Ticket goals are unrealistic and upper management only look at numbers. Too many clears get them to go through your board.

Overall don't waste your time look for something better even if you're in desperate need of a job. Not worth the stress.
Pros
Truck. Gas card
Cons
Everything else
Unrealistic expectations
Utility Locate Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 21, 2018
There will always be more locates than there is time to get them done. Damages are inevitable and it is literally impossible to prevent them. Many projects cannot be maintained without assistance and a project team should be created just for projects. Too many hours, mandatory overtime, too many tickets, extreme outdoor conditions, very physically demanding, and it takes quite awhile before you get paid time off. They told us one thing and didn't honor it. No amount of money is worth the sacrifice. This job will consume you. You will be constantly hounded about production and no matter how good you are, it won't be good enough. Be prepared to be hot in the summer and good in the winter because you are not allowed to leave your truck idling. The extra fuel costs is more important to them than heat stroke or exhaustion and hypothermia.
Pros
Truck, independence
Cons
Conditions, long hours, understaffed
Good money in a pinch better hours than the oilfield
Utility Location Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 1, 2018
CIG is a start up company that has been in business for a little over a year. I feel that for what the management has to work with does and adequate job. The are consistently and purposely understaffed, which is upper managements decision. If you don't mind working sun up to sun down 6 and sometimes 7 days a week the overtime money is pretty good.
Pros
Good money, Company vehicle, No direct supervision
Cons
Long hours, Understaffed, Extreme Working Conditions, Work/Life balance
For fast paced and required alot of time during dig season long hours.
Utility Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 21, 2018
The busiest time is March through October it requires a lot of hours and the work load is heavy there are days were you will have to work more than twelve hours.
Pros
Alot of overtime
Cons
Long hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Consolidated Infrastructure Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4