Consolidated Infrastructure Group Employee Reviews

Good company to learn to locate
Damage Investigator/ locator (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 4, 2018
Training is fast benefits are immediate, plenty of work hours, chance for advancing to lead, alot to learn , but worth it and rewarding if you have the determination.
Pros
Great medical, great suoervisors
Cons
Drama within crews, managment changes alot, always seems like more is addes to do
Horrible
Utility Locate Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 27, 2018
Horrible company to work for, is work at McDonald's before I go here! Not at all the place I wanna be for more than 6mos. You will be outside 24/7 and alone 15 hrs a day!
Pros
Money
Horrible(lafayette)
Locate Technician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 24, 2018
This job will tear you down they give you wayyyy more work than you can handle make you work mandatory weekends and you dont start getting pto til after 1 year and u only get maybe 1 hour every 2 weeks. Meaning this is a contract they more than likely will change companies every 1 or 2 years so good luck ever trying to get pto time itll be impossible. Im writing yall this to help yall be stress free this company cant pay people enough to stay there. Everyone quitting and its just not the best company to work for its a headache. They will say hey u can get a bonus if you reach this goal then when you reach it they try to pull a service drop damage from 4 months ago to prevent you from getting it. Honestly if you looking for a career this is not the job for you.
Pros
Truck gas card
Cons
Everything else
great job to work for
Supervisor/District Trainer (Current Employee) –  ArkansasMay 1, 2018
Great team to work for.
good management that know the business.
fast pace workplace, plenty of work and hours to go around.
great to work outside and go to new places everyday.
Not all that great
Locate Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 9, 2018
Job wasn't too hard, and the benefits were really good, but there's little room to advance and it seemed like the company didnt really have everything together as a business.
Bad
Locater (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 4, 2018
do not come here. not only did i not get a company vehicle, i was also transferred to another town without notice... they do not keep you informed and do not provide necessary tolls to do your job correctly
Pros
good pay
Cons
lack of training and long hours
Since when did Locators start working for the contractors.
Underground Utility Locator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2018
Contractors will get you fired if you don't babysit them. Job culture is to kiss Comcast and At&t hand and feet. They preach producting like Sunday service. As soon as you get a damage nothing else matters or ever will. Pto is horrible one hour for every two weeks worked and it has to be a full two weeks or you wont get it. Turn of is higher then the Washington Monument. Only 5 guys make it out of a class of 20. Ticket goals are unrealistic and upper management only look at numbers. Too many clears get them to go through your board.

Overall don't waste your time look for something better even if you're in desperate need of a job. Not worth the stress.
Pros
Truck. Gas card
Cons
Everything else
Unrealistic expectations
Utility Locate Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 21, 2018
There will always be more locates than there is time to get them done. Damages are inevitable and it is literally impossible to prevent them. Many projects cannot be maintained without assistance and a project team should be created just for projects. Too many hours, mandatory overtime, too many tickets, extreme outdoor conditions, very physically demanding, and it takes quite awhile before you get paid time off. They told us one thing and didn't honor it. No amount of money is worth the sacrifice. This job will consume you. You will be constantly hounded about production and no matter how good you are, it won't be good enough. Be prepared to be hot in the summer and good in the winter because you are not allowed to leave your truck idling. The extra fuel costs is more important to them than heat stroke or exhaustion and hypothermia.
Pros
Truck, independence
Cons
Conditions, long hours, understaffed
Good money in a pinch better hours than the oilfield
Utility Location Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 1, 2018
CIG is a start up company that has been in business for a little over a year. I feel that for what the management has to work with does and adequate job. The are consistently and purposely understaffed, which is upper managements decision. If you don't mind working sun up to sun down 6 and sometimes 7 days a week the overtime money is pretty good.
Pros
Good money, Company vehicle, No direct supervision
Cons
Long hours, Understaffed, Extreme Working Conditions, Work/Life balance
For fast paced and required alot of time during dig season long hours.
Utility Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 21, 2018
The busiest time is March through October it requires a lot of hours and the work load is heavy there are days were you will have to work more than twelve hours.
Pros
Alot of overtime
Cons
Long hours.

Want to know more about Consolidated Infrastructure Group?

Ask a question
Indepndent but stressfull
Damage Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 17, 2018
Can be fun but very stressful. Lot's of overtime and mandatory weekends even when not necessary, job can overtake your life if you let it. Must be able to work independently in some tough situations.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Stressfull, to many hours
Challenging job
Certified Line Locator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2017
Damages to the cables we located are inevitable. Stressful at times. Not much chance of advancing. Supervisors and higher ups very concerned with production
Every day is a different and challenging situation in the locating industry the most difficult of this job is to do it well.
UG Locate Technician (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 25, 2017
I have learn in this industry to protect facilities and never to give up but to give out for the respect of the locating industry.
management pretty fair allowed me to do my job as self started
the most difficult of this job is doing the locate well.& have the opportunity to work every day with the minimal supervision and been able to deliver good production most of the time make me to go to sleep with no concerns.
Pros
all of them
Cons
I don't look at any negative aspects of a company, Don't like to judge myself.
Under Staffed and Poor Safety
AT&T Contractor Copper & Fiber Optic (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 7, 2017
Poor Management
No Safety Equipment
Under Staffed
No Manhole Safety Equipment
I am looking to working for a company that puts my safety and the safety of others first.
Less class and more hands on training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 2, 2017
Less class room training and more job site hands on training . Then you wouldnt have a high rate of turn overs of loosing workers. Have team work soon
Sad
Technician (Current Employee) –  TxSeptember 30, 2017
Sad that they don't have a backbone to standup to ATT they will fire you on the spot if ATT tells them to other then that of is a great place to work truck is new and great shape
Great place to work if you want unlimited hours
Locate Technician (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 20, 2017
This is the worst place I have ever worked for in my entire life, the management is horrible, they do not know how to treat their employees and think that they can talk to us like we are in high school.
They expect alot out of you.
Pros
Comoany vehicle
Cons
Hours, no family time, management
Cig
Locate Technician (Former Employee) –  OklahomaJuly 10, 2017
I've worked for CIG, its a great job if you like having something new every few minutes and enjoy reading prints and puzzle solving skills. If you do your work as the company asks you to do then everything goes smooth. My supervisor was great! Allowed me to do my work and only called to check on my supplies and to see how its going. And never called to harp on me about anything. But in a polite and suggestive way would present a solution to a S.O.P. issue that his bosses would see. Basically, just follow S.O.P. and there wont be any issues. Supervisor really went to bat on my defense. This is a great job for the right person. Lots of walking and stooping. All the contractors were super great as long as you communicate with them. As for all the emails, they are sent to help improve operations. If they applied to me I fix it, if not I let it slide. But read all emails. My reason for leaving this job is my schedule and the schedule they wanted me to work didnt mess. My Sup did his best to work them together, but had to choose.
Pros
freedom, not just sitting in an office. outside fresh air, my supervisor
Cons
there are small ones, but nothing to big
Raises
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2017
I have spoken with many techs in this company regarding raises. I just got a $.50 Raises for my 90 day evalwhile celebrating my 9 month mark. I did t we will see a 6 month raise until 2020 😁

I have also.heard that they are trying to make CIG appear more profitable so our competitors will buy us up.
Pros
Company vehicle & OT
Locate Technician (Current Employee) –  Livingston, TXJune 2, 2017
Worst company in locating, WARNING stay away. Your pay is starting at 14 an hour and will stay that way till you leave or get fired. This company has fired all management and is trying to sell the company to its competition. This company will be gone in one year. Upper Management has so much pride it doesn't think about the big picture. By the way the 4 or 5 stars on here are from omaha, its the corporate office writing these up. Promises, Promises and more Promises. That's all there good for, The last three checks we have received they have promised raises and not one person in the company has had one. Im going to be leaving in the next 2 weeks because of this. Stay Away. I actually feel bad for its customers AT&T
Pros
Give you a work truck, over time
Official response from Consolidated Infrastructure Group
June 6, 2017

All technicians receive evaluations on their 90 day, 6 month and annual anniversaries.

As of June, the company has given raises to appropriately 1/3 of technicians. Those techs that have had a damage or at fault vehicle accident did not receive a raise.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Consolidated Infrastructure Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4