Consolidated Precision Products Employee Reviews

Relaxed environment
Lead Welder (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAJune 27, 2018
Good learning experience welding different alloys that helped at other jobs. Shipment schedules and customer requirement knowledge to take to other companies.
Good place to work, but sometimes inconsistent decisions from management
SHIPPING & RECEIVING LEAD (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAMay 5, 2018
My supervisor was great, respected my position and trained me well. There was always lots of things to do. Month ends were fun and kept us busy working lots of hours.
stable and good pay and benefits
Quality Final Inspector (Former Employee) –  Eastlake, OHApril 27, 2018
high stress and pressure, time off is hard to get approved unless work load is low. Castings are heavy, fellow employees are united and supportive. Floor managers and leads are intolerable ( family members) and show favoritism. floor managers and lead gang up on employees.
Pros
money and benefits, fellow employees
Cons
hrs, managers, leads, consistant days in a row
Great Place to work, with great people
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Chittenango, NYApril 6, 2018
Hours are flexible, 8-5 or 7-4, Investment casting for many different companies. Lots of CAD usage and excel. Management is very relaxed, get the job done no questions asked. Hardest part is figuring out why the parts didn't turn out like they should. Best part is having the production line in the same building to oversee building process
workplace
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAApril 3, 2018
It was a nice environment, management is not too involved. the second shift is a lot nicer to work with. You don't have a lot of pressure, you have company events.
I was the assistant to the HR manager. However I ran the operation at that particular site on my own. With little or no supervision.
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cudahy, CAMarch 20, 2018
I indeed enjoyed my job. Most of my training was done because I’m very resourceful. My manager was busy and did not have the time to do extensive training. I had a lot of help from the managers on the plant, who taught me the ins and outs of the business. A great group of people to work with
Pros
I have the freedom to begin new projects With great success
it was a,cool job
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 19, 2018
it was tough long days but it was good pay....we would always work overtime...i wish o coukd got hired full time. building plane parts and inspection on the parts
Ok, but not a safe place to work.
core assembler (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 12, 2018
I was hoping that the job was a temporary, but things didn't go as planned. The actual work itself is somewhat fine. Winter time work condition is good, but Summer time comes around the place is way too hot for me. Some jobs are way heavy and I just don't think it's for me as I get older.
Pros
Most coworkers are nice.
Cons
Too dirty work place.
unorganized training program
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Chittenango, NYJanuary 17, 2018
the work here is very unsteady they lay off quite often. the HR department is often unavailable or grouchy when you need questions asked. there is very little done on the safety aspect of the business.
Pros
good pay
Cons
the work is not very steady
Horrible working conditions. OSHA would run out of paper logging all of the hazards and safety violations that need attention on the factory floor.
Foundry Operator (Former Employee) –  Eastlake, OHSeptember 9, 2017
Not many positive take aways. Pay is horrible. HR department non existent. Managers are from the "good ole boys club."
Typical new hires are either Croatian and or African American workers who will work any-all hours asked of them for minimal pay.
Pros
New capital improvements forthcoming
Cons
Poor Supervision and overall management direction
It’s decent
Sand Casting (Current Employee) –  Azusa, CASeptember 7, 2017
If you don’t mind machine work, it’s fine. Gets a little repetitive at times but , it’s a very manageable job , definitely easy though, it’s more of a mental game.
People are great-Management doesn't have a clue
Quality Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 20, 2017
Management provides a lot of lip service about quality, no actions to back up that they take quality seriously. The people are great and strive to do the best with the tools given.
Pros
People are great
Cons
Can't do job properly because no support
A decent place to work.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 1, 2017
Fast paced company, every department is constantly understaffed with high turnover. Little cooperation between departments. Management is very positive and involved.
Pros
Compensation, Management, job description is what you make it
Cons
Everyone is overworked, moral is very low
Company needs a lot of restructering.
Metal Pourer (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAMay 17, 2017
Company needs restructuring.
Management is in dire need of change.
The hours are horrible.
Employees are treated poorly.
There is no coordination between management from different shifts or communication among management to employees.
Not a good work enviorment
Visual Inspector (Current Employee) –  Chittenango, NYMay 3, 2017
People are rude. Not helpful when asking for advice. Training you get is only from the workers. Supervisors do not get involved. Workers seem to be running the place
Productive fun work place
Sand blaster (Current Employee) –  Chittenango, NYMarch 31, 2017
Consolidated Precision Products is a very fun place of employment with some really truly amazing people. Full health benifits with reasonable weekly deductibles.
Pros
Workable schedule, full benifits
Cons
Cant be late at all.
Great companies.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Port Hueneme, CAMarch 10, 2017
Great companies to work for and good opportunities to grow. Has a good environment. It also has fair benefits. As long that you work hard and take pride in your work and be punctual it'll be looking good for you.
It is very friendly environment where I get to improve myself into another level.
Interpreter/Translator (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAFebruary 11, 2017
As an interpreter, I need to provide instant interpretation through international phone call, tours, and business meeting. Yet as a beginner of this field, I need to prepare myself before my work. This is the time I need to get more field related stuff from expertise and go over the materials with my manager. Throughout the process, I learned a lot of the materials that they will never go through it during lectures in college. Therefore, I really enjoy this job especially I get to learn something from it.
Pros
Better at time management and knowing the right technical languages
Cons
Material are too deep for a college sophomore
needs a complete shake up in management
ds shell operator (Current Employee) –  Eastlake, OHFebruary 3, 2017
Bad place to work 12 hours a day shift no over time except for team leaders and I use that term very literally bad upper management and the list goes on and on
Pros
it's a job
Cons
getting experience to take your talent else where
Easy work place
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAFebruary 1, 2017
I've learn to communicate with others. Learned computer skills. I've made work friends. Everyone was friendly and respectful. The hardest part was when we get behind because of short staff. It was enjoyable when we would meet our deadlines

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Consolidated Precision Products. Our community is ready to answer.