Consonus Healthcare Employee Reviews

Best rehab company I've worked for!
Speech-Language Pathologist/Rehab Director (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILAugust 1, 2018
Best company I've worked for in my 20 year career. They value their employees and give them the tools, training, and support to be successful in their jobs. There is a true culture in this company that goes beyond just providing therapy services for their patients. Great experience!
August 3, 2018

Hi there, we can't tell you how happy it makes us that you have had such a great experience with Consonus Healthcare! As you said, we do truly value our employees and we want to give them the tools, training, and support to be successful in their jobs and their career. Thank you so much for your continued support, take care and have a great weekend!

Overall a great company
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 18, 2018
I have enjoyed working for Consonus for nearly 5 years so far. They do seem to really care about their employees. They do have very high expectations for professional behavior, documentation, ect. The company culture promotes community service/giving back to the community. Overall I think their compensation is competitive for the Midwest. I don't use their health benefits, but do think those leave something to be desired especially from a healthcare company. They provide alot of training and education and keep their employees informed on changes in healthcare as well as the direction the company is going. Management makes frequent visits to facilities, again in a more collaborative or supportive role than micromanaging. Rehab directors in each facility are typically well trained and are offered leadership development opportunities.
Pros
Supportive, competitive compensation, excellent training
July 20, 2018

Hi there, we can't thank you enough for taking the time to leave your thoughts and experiences that you've had with Consonus Healthcare! On top of that, thank you for your five years of dedicated service with our team. We are proud to have employees like you, take care and have a great weekend!

Best Experience with a Contract Company.
Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 11, 2018
This review is long overdo since, unfortunately, I have not worked with Consonus for over a year. However, that is because Consonus ended their contract with the building I was at and there were no other ocations nearby to transfer to. I have since been with two other contract companies which is why I finally wanted to write this review.

As an SLP, working in a SNF has it's own challenges. I had applied to Consonus as they were beginning at a building down the street from my house and was looking to switch from outpatient to SNF. I had some reservations but my mind was quickly changed after having an interview with Carman. We had a long conversation, she talked about my goals and by the end of the conversation I had my first job in a SNF. Since I came from outpatient I had asked if I was able to receive some training/follow an SLP currently working with them. They immediately scheduled me to follow an SLP in a building 1.5 hours away, and it was so helpful to ease my nerves of returning to SNF (the last time I was in the setting was during rotations in graduate school 3 years prior). Once we started they provided numerous directors from other region to help with learning EMR, providing reassurance and education as needed. They also asked me what materials I would need, and ordered everything I had requested.

Not only did I feel supported from the very beginning but also throughout my career with them. We a director of clinical services who came out to update us with the most recent medicare information and how it affects our jobs. The area director, regional vice president
  more... and director of clinical services all knew our names and would always take a minute to talk with us if we had questions/concerns. They never put me in unethical positions and would stand behind my professional decisions as a speech pathologist. They were truly always supportive. They are also the reasons that set them apart from other staffing companies I have worked for since then.

Did I mention they have a Christmas Party every year?! It was so much fun and truly made you feel appreciated. I felt like if you wanted you could move forward in the company in other roles, however I am happy just being a therapist.

My husband and I plan to move more West (where they have more locations) in the future and I hope that I am able to work for such a wonderful company again.
Pros
Supportive, friendly, Christmas party, great area director and vice president of the Midwest
Cons
No other locations close to me
June 15, 2018

Hi there, thank you so much for leaving Consonus Healthcare such a positive and detailed review! We truly value your time and service to our organization and wish you the best of luck in the future!

Excellent team with strong interdiscipinary interaction
Assistant Director of Therapy & Supervising PT (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WA 98404May 15, 2018
Consonus is a big rehab company with multiple job locations and opportunities to float to various buildings to get your hours. The company provided continuing education opportunities in conjunction with ACP and Consonus Online University as well as continuing education funds to promote growth. I worked in a Skilled Nursing Facility to provide rehab to the geriatric population in both the acute/Medicare and the long term care aspects. I was also the assistant rehab director and covered all aspects of management when the director was not available.
Pros
Excellent team, good benefits
Cons
High productivity standards
May 17, 2018

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave your valuable insight about Consonus. It's appreciated! Wishing you all the best.

Learning Experience
Lead Occupational Therapist, Rehab Director (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 26, 2017
Consonus is where I started my OT career. It was an amazing learning experience and I met a lot of wonderful people that have now become lifelong friends.

Comment – November 8, 2017

Hi there, we thank you for your positive feedback. Glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Consonus!

Clinically Strong and Supportive Work Environment
Current Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 23, 2017
The culture at Consonus focuses on patient care and driving clinical outcomes. We are encouraged to collaborate with our colleagues and are constantly learning from our clinical services department. We always have the supplies we need and the support from management.The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I work in an environment that cares about me and my patients!
Pros
Clinical Focus
May 25, 2017

Thank you for leaving Consonus Healthcare a review. We really appreciate your support and feedback.

money driven
therapist (Former Employee) –  northwestMay 2, 2017
Consonus tends to operate in some of the nicer facilities in which I have worked, and in some cases had a rich supply of therapy materials ostensibly left behind by previous companies more invested in patient care than profit. The bottom line however is this: they prefer to hire inexperienced clinicians, often directly from school, who may not know that company expectations do not meet best practices and play loosey goosey with billing guidelines. They are not interested in protecting your license or providing highest standards of care.
Pros
pretty buildings
Cons
money driven, ethically uncertain, misleading
Terrible don't fall in the rabbit hole
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Aubrun. WAApril 15, 2017
This was the worst company that I have worked for in health care. Working as a COTA I was promised full time employment at one location then they used me as prn work. When I questioned management I was told that I was an employee of consonus and am obligated to work where they need me. Sloppy management with terrible communication skills. Please don't fall in the rabbit hole..
Pros
Cons
Terrible support from management
Warning you don't want to work for this company
Cota (Former Employee) –  Napa caApril 12, 2017
I would think twice they are very pushy about productivity and care more about is money not the patients. They email you constantly about productivity. Raises and yearly reviews don't exist. And the therapist do not have a good support system in place. I regret ever having worked for this company and warn anyone after me to stay away. You will burn out quick. You will find your self working off the clock.
Pros
CEU reimbursement Act training
Cons
Poor pay. Lots of documentation. High productivity standards. Poor support.
Consonus sells good values but the management is sneeky , yet in and inexperienced .
PTA (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 24, 2017
The values are good , but the company does not pay well and has Unrealistic expectations .
Their hiring makes no sense , can hire you for a full time job in a building with no work !
So be educated and careful ..
Highlight is use of acp and a nice clinical person. But that's not something you can't find elsewhere ..
Pros
Occasional free lunch, free ceu.
Cons
Lots ..
Very big on ACP
PTA (Current Employee) –  Keokuk, IAJanuary 29, 2017
Organized, involved in the communities, believes in making dreams happen for patients, and flexible with hours. Productivity needs to be 85% and encouraged to perform treatments with point of service for documentation.
High stress level with documentation and expectations
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 26, 2017
This used to be a fun company to work for but recently has changed to a high stressful environment. Documentation is long and redundant with constant audits that effect your annual raises. If you don't hit productivity you get constant emails and get punished when raises are determined. They have become a money orientated company vs patient care and it is definitely felt by the staff.
Pros
employees
Cons
documentation, no breaks, stress
Consonus Recruiters
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 16, 2017
When applying for Consonus jobs the recruiters never call you to schedule an interview. I guess they are too busy drinking coffee at Starbucks to call their applicants. It is just common manners to call and e-mail applicants to let them know the status of a therapy position. Basically Consonus has very poor recruiting staff. I have applied for several Consonus jobs and heard nothing back from the recruiters.
Pros
nothing to report
Cons
Very poor recuiting staff
Productive fun enviornment
PRN Physical therapy assistant (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJanuary 1, 2017
Different facilities have different methods of documentation. This company is no exception. While they do not have point of contact documentation and fewer laptops to document, they are not pushy, at least since the time of this review. Appropriate minutes with documentation and less stress.
Pros
Near home
Cons
documentation
Geared around patient safety
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Current Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORNovember 15, 2015
Great company to work for! Very passionate about what they do and are always trying to improve. However, within the departments, some suggestions get rejected and interacting with your coworkers is kept to a minimum. Can be really lonely and have not a team feel because you just work by yourself, with interaction through email.
Pros
Always free food and perks
Cons
Can be very high stress somedays
Great workplace with supportive staff
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXSeptember 3, 2015
Family friendly atmosphere. Productivity expectations there but not unreasonable. Working and growing alongside my colleagues was the most enjoyable aspect of the job and it was never boring. Direct supervisor was always available.
Pros
flexible schedule, supportive staff
Great Company
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Concord CaliforniaFebruary 26, 2015
Great company to work for. Staff is friendly and helpful. Management is always willing to help you in anyway they can. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching patients triumph and regain function in their lives.
Loved working with my Consonus Team
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  OregonJuly 24, 2014
The therapy teams they create at Consonus are wonderful! I've enjoyed my experience with them so far!
Culturally diverse work environment.
Order Management (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAMay 17, 2014
The tight knit team at Consonus is the most enjoyable part of this job. Whether professionally or personally, my co-workers are always there to lend a helping hand. On a daily basis we are juggling multiple priorities to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Pros
Working ten hour shifts, with 3 day weekends
Cons
Short lunch breaks
A company built and thriving on close, personal culture
Regional Recruiter for Oregon and Washington (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORSeptember 9, 2012
While working here I felt like part of a family rather than a member of the team. The company is built on a family culture and has made every effort to treat their employees and residents the same way. At Consonus your voice is heard rather than given an employee number.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Consonus Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.