Constar Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
They laid off a great worker
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Havre de Grace, MDApril 13, 2018
This company actually closed down and both warehouses were closed in my area. The economy was the main reason for these closures, however as a plastics manufacturing plant, they should have been able to adapt but were unable to do so.
It was ok
Customer Relationship Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 28, 2018
No raised just didn’t understand why would you not give a raised after 1 year working there I like the hours then you get pay every 13 days it didn’t work for me
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Break was short
Advancement opportunities based on popularity
PayPal Credit Agent (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZDecember 15, 2017
A person can get passed up on for advancement simply due to having a family, life or medical complications. Advancement isn't based on skills, intelligence or work ethics. Simply based on devoting your life to work and following the clients unrealistic goals.
Good people, not so good company
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 11, 2017
In the almost year I was employed here, I loved my coworkers, team leads and supervisors- everyone was friendly and always willing to help each other out, the team atmosphere was wonderful. However, the actual company is less than awesome with constantly changing policies, bonus structures making it almost impossible to get the bonuses promised at the time of hiring and borderline unreasonable expectations regarding call handle/wrap time and after call noting. Working collections, not all calls can be resolved in the 3 minutes they expect and it WILL affect your bonus if you do not make those calls insanely short which in turn almost always ensures your customer will not be making the desired payment...which ALSO affects your bonus.
Productive and joyful
Machine Operatee (Former Employee) –  Central Islip, NYNovember 1, 2017
Comfortable environment and great co-workers. A fast pace environment with lots of new things to learn. Lots of opportunities to continue learning and improving in the construction field.
Review
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Covington, WAOctober 28, 2017
Constar was a great company to work for very fast paced ran blow molding machine kept you very bust the night flew by. Enjoyed work with my supervisor.
Pros
1 hr lunch
Cons
pay
Constar
Agent/Customer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 14, 2017
It got me through a period in my life and gave me the experience that I needed. Customer service was great and speaking with customers on the phone gave me good training.
Pros
Good people to work with, easy work.
Cons
Not acknowledging hard work when deserved
company closed
Sales Pricing-Production Costing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAJune 20, 2017
Office was closed, main customer walked out.
Management was shocked and office staff, 45 people all had to find new jobs...
Most people returned to previous company, major bottle manufacture in the Philadelphia area.
Pros
industry
Cons
industry
Top Sales - opening 13 new account in one year.
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  SoutheastJanuary 17, 2017
I was a top producer at Constar for many years in both new business development and Key Account Management.

Had top profit dollars for many years. Grew territory by 40% over 1 year.

New the equipment side of the business so I could work closely with fillers.
Pros
Great job
Cons
went bankrupt
Very good experience for everyone to learn, hard work.
Traffic Control Flagger (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2016
The typical would be always rushing around in the morning figuring out what the day may bring us.

I've learned a lot with this job all starting with reading blue prints, surveying highways, the safety of working on highways and of course flagging/controlling traffic and also putting out NPT.

There was always someone in charged of everything on this job, without them we couldn't do it.

The co-workers looked out for each other, we were family and we always made sure we had each others backs.

The hardest part of this job was all of it. I've always found a way to make it work no matter what the caseload held.

I must say I definitely enjoyed putting out NPT, it was fast past and really fun. Very good work out too!
We all know how to have fun!
Pros
The money
Cons
Very long days, driving 2 hrs to work and back home
This
OMS Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 8, 2015
I ran the OMS machine,stocked the bins with sheets and frames,checked bottles and labels for defects.My co-workers were good.The hardes part of the job was being on your feet for 12 hours a day.The most enjoyable part of the job was getting gifts for christmas.
Producative workplace, hands on
BOTTLE INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 17, 2014
It was a good job, teach you invertory, stocking, quality control.
Pros
work experience
Cons
short breaks, no benefits
After twenty years of employment, the corporate office decided to upgrade the H/R position to a degreed, management position.
Human Resources Coordinator Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2014
Typical day included: testing applicants, submitting requests for complete background screenings (criminal, education, previous work history, motor vehicle reports) entered all new hires, rehires, transfers, terminations and other employee information into the HRIS system and conducted orientations and meetings to describe benefits to employees, enrolled employees in the insurance plans (medical, dental, life and AD&D) maintained personnel files, processed workers compensation claims and was the liaison between medical providers, injured employee and company, processed payroll for hourly employees, created reports, i.e. Payroll, OSHA log, EEOC, etc.
Pros
Working with all of the wonderful staff in the Orlando facility.
Cons
Losing my position after twenty years of service.
stressfull work place
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 7, 2014
no longer in business in Orlando, Florida. Management was not good at all. Co workers selfish.
Purchasing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hebron, OHMay 23, 2014
I created purchase orders for parts and production supplies. received the items i ordered and put parts back to inventory. i shipped out everything going out except finished product. made town runs to local suppliers and had use of a purchasing card Amex. I was at Constar for almost 30 years and every one there was my friend production workers to upper management.the hardest part of the job was when parts or supplies had to be brought in on same day delivery because a machine was down. I enjoyed working with my suppliers many of them became friends and i felt they would do all they could for me.
Pros
Some reps would bring in donuts.
Cons
Constar filled for Chapter 11 three times
Very strctured
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 8, 2014
Plant closed in 2010 but while it was open it was a very good work environment
Pros
good work good team
Cons
plant had to shut down due to economy
Fast pace, self managed position
Corporate Planning Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 27, 2014
Great place to work. Great team environment. As long as you get the job done, no micromanagement.
A nice place to work
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  MDAugust 7, 2013
Everyone made Constar a nice place to work...The co-workers were very helpful and understanding...I learned many different things there management was great..the hardest part of the job was making decisions of whether to hold a product or release the product..the most enjoyable part of the day was interacting with my co-workers..
Pros
nice people..close to home...
Fast-paced workplace
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 5, 2013
Performed hourly inspections on production, samples batch and performed pressure test on finish good.
Paid close attention to details to avoid rejections.
the benefits where great, not very good job security,
OMS Operator (Former Employee) –  Havre de Grace, MDJune 4, 2013
very long 12 hour shifts, standing on your feet that long is crazy,
a lot of over time
Cons
short breaks and lunch