Constellation Brands Employee Reviews

Resilient, fast growing beverage company that has growing externally and internally. Significant opportunity for career development and challenges. H
Manager, Control and Compliance (Former Employee) –  Victor, NYJuly 13, 2018

HR department is highly engaged with all employees. Benefits are excellent.

Highly motivated culture and management. Do what it takes attitude. Short term tactical but long term strategic plans, investment for business processes improvements, procedures and operations.

Exciting perk includes onsite Bar and employee allowances for company wine, beer and spirit.

Place to work in IT and Data Sciences.
Pros
Significan Career advancement opportunity
Cons
more focus on group level objejctives and very manual processes
It’s a really cool job
Cellar Worker 1 (Current Employee) –  Gonzales, CADecember 29, 2018
It’s a really cool job you do something different each time. The only bad thing from this company is management doesn’t care about employees I’ve been there 5 years and I have not gotten a promotion and I can run all the machines and they still can’t figure a way to pay employees for what they know is always there excuse.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Pay is low
Awesome people with great opportunities
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Soledad, CAOctober 1, 2018
working in the department i did i was given a lot of opportunities and learned tons. my specific location however lacked the upward mobility i desired. although annual increases were given there was not real possibility of a promotion due to the lack of positions available.
Pros
benefits, pay, management
Cons
rate of change, coworkers, upward mobility
lacks effective departmental structure
Payroll Representative (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYAugust 29, 2018
too much middle management, lacks effective department structure, a lot of micro management. A large HR population that is lacking employee payroll knowledge. Do not offer promotion within ... more concerned with hiring outside.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
too many managers
Losing touch with winning
Employee (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 11, 2018
They have a great portfolio, strong position and some high caliber employees. However, the company is starting to lose sight of what drives success with people. The lack of investment in integrity and respect towards a positive culture is showing.
Pros
Pay, benefits, products
Cons
Leadership
Excellent training and state of the art tools
Field Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  SacramentoOctober 24, 2018
Excellent training and tools to perform your tasks better than the competition. Lots of opportunities if you are able to relocate and rewarding brands to sell with exceptional marketing. Goals are beyond lofty making long hours and weekends not worth the incentive payout. New products are usually steps behind the competition and released when they aren’t quite ready.
Managers are often put into positions that they do not have the emotional intelligence for causing frustration and animosity amongst the teams. Reorganizations are frequent to release seasoned employees in favor of less expensive help.
Pros
Excellent vacation, allowances and profit sharing
Cons
Constant reorganization
Currently in a reconstructive stage with no sense of job security.
Senior Operator (Current Employee) –  Acampo, CADecember 14, 2018
This was a great place to work at a couple of years back, but lately there have been many drastic changes, mostly management, and there is no sense of job security here anymore.
Overall good company to work for
Project Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Madera, CASeptember 20, 2018
I worked for one of the wineries owned by Constellation Brands in California. It was a temporary internship position that paid well and gave good experience in project management while I was finishing up my Mechanical Engineering degree. Sometimes a little slow but it would pick up other times where you felt very busy. Just depended on if multiple projects were picking up at once or not.
Pros
Lots of freedom to make decisions as an intern
Cons
Sometimes not enough to do
Smile to your face and then stab you in the back.
Bottling Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Acampo, CAMarch 2, 2018
Worst management ever! If management could do anything right, they always intentionally chose to do it wrong. If they liked you, you could do no wrong. If they didn’t like you you were blamed for everything. If you addressed issues it put a huge target on your back and even other department went after you. Cut throat and very negative culture.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Cut throat, negative, pass the buck!
Fun place to work that was family orientated
Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYMarch 11, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Constellation. The workload was fair and the day to day demands were to be expected. Very great culture - you felt safe to share without reprisal.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Advancement a bit slow
Lots of restructuring
Assistant Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 17, 2018
I loved what I did for Constellation. I was challenged and my days were full. I got to learn a lot about various aspects of the business over my 10 years with them. One of the things that really bothered me was that even though I did a great job (and had the reviews to prove it), I was constantly passed over for promotion. Also, after 10 years, I went through 12 acquisitions or restructures. While as an individual I learned to thrive with change, the amount of constant change left things very unstable.
Fast paced, hard working but fun work culture
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 5, 2018
This was a collaborative and fun company to work for. The collaboration among various teams and the admins was remarkable. You worked hard but they supported a great work/life balance.
Official response from Constellation Brands
September 7, 2018

Thank you for sharing your review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at Constellation Brands.

Cheers!

The best part about this job was in interaction with employees.
Master Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Acampo, CAMarch 2, 2018
I enjoyed working with my co workers a great deal, benefits were better then any job I have had to date in a non-union job. The working culture created by management was sub par.
Pros
Benefits, employees.
Cons
Poorly managed, blame culture.
Fun place to work, but not secure
FIELD SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  OregonJune 21, 2018
Company changes its direction every couple of years and lets go of a lot of people for reasons unknown. The constant looming of losing your job is always front of mind. Management changes very often, new supervisors yearly.
Pros
Company car, phone and computer
Cons
Constant changing of the guards, demotivating review scale
Review
IT Asset Manager/ Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 16, 2018
A typical work day was good
I learned a lot
management was ok
workplace culture was good
There was no hard part
My coworkers were the most enjoyable part of my job
monotonous work
Irrigation Technician (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAMarch 21, 2018
The things I enjoy most about work are the times I can learn new things. There are a lot of knowledgeable people in the workplace and safety is there number one priority.
Pros
Benifits
Company
Field Sales Manager (FSM) (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 18, 2018
Great company to learn fortune 500 brands and implement in depth sales strategies. Great teamwork and management preperation with distributors and retail funtions.
Fast paced and ever-changing
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJanuary 17, 2019
Stable work environment. AP is ever-changing as they acquire more businesses. Moving into beer and liquor sales, not just wine, makes AP a growing department.
Pros
Happy Hours
Cons
Under staffed at times
Good
Manager (Former Employee) –  Napa, CANovember 1, 2018
Company has a lot of opportunity and different sites across the world. If you are motivated and a hard worker the sky is the limit at this company. They tre
Credit Manager
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYSeptember 30, 2017
Excellent company Worlds largest wine company, great pay and benefits. Culture is interesting as they do promote people but they also let people go every fiscal year end.
Everyone works very hard and they hire only the top people. My experience overall was good, however, I had a Director that ruled the department by fear and that made it difficult to work effectively and as a united group.
Pros
Great benefits, good pay
Cons
Not a good work/Life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Constellation Brands. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight