Constellation Energy Employee Reviews

Tough work, but good people.
Commercial & Industrial Energy Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2018
I would recommend working there. I learned a lot about the industry. It was a splendid job that I really enjoyed. My superiors were fantastic. Couldn't be happier
Pros
Mentorship
Cons
Hard to advance
Cut throat
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJMarch 22, 2018
Going business to business trying to get the owner or manger to switch their electric and gas bill to using Constellation as their supplier. if you don't get 3 sales in 21 days your let go.
A growing company that cares about the community
Quality Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 7, 2018
Constellation is a company that believes in giving back to the community. They have employees at various levels of experience that collaborate on a daily basis. You have opportunities to learn new skills and gain professional development.
Pros
Development and Community service
Cons
The occasional extended hours
Good company to work for.
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kennett Square, PAFebruary 14, 2018
It was good to work for Constellation Energy for over eight years but the ESCO group was recently downsized to a skeleton size due to lack of sales effort. I do not know if that is the way for Constellation to get out of the ESCO business or it is a mismanagement of the group. Other parts of Constellation are doing fine.
Good but not great
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2018
Constellation is a large company and it is easy to get lost in the shuffle. I was looking for a way to directly impact the success of the company and in a company so large, it was difficult to find a position in which to make that impact.
The people at Constellation are great and they do provide stellar benefits. I believe salaries are lower than market rate but the health care, 401k, and additional benefits are stellar.
Very nice place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 4, 2018
I only left this job because they were slowly leaving the metro Detroit area, and going to Chicago. I did not want to relocate. Before I left they told me I could come to Chicago anytime for a job.
Pros
Cons
Moving operations to Chicago.
Great Place to work
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2018
Great Place to work. Great team just going through retail transformation and everything is changing. Our team will be relocating from Houston to DePere, WI.
Good company
Senior Business Development Leader (Current Employee) –  OhioJanuary 19, 2018
Good company with regard to pay and benefits. Lack of long term strategy. Strategy changed every six months. This results in an inability to make meaningful contributions due to the constantly changing objectives
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
lack of LT strategy
One Of My Best Jobs
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2018
I Loved This Job Also Because I Loved Being Outside Going door To door Seeing Different People Talking To Other People From Other Cultures An I Also Traveled With My Team To new York One Year It was Amazing.
Excellent place to work.
Associate Analyst, Deal Review - Risk Analytics (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJanuary 12, 2018
Overall great company. Most days are busy, so time passes by quickly. Everyone is very friendly and willing to teach and help whenever needed. You get to work closely with management, so it give you the opportunity to learn from them, and address questions/concerns.
Challenging
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 8, 2018
The job takes little more time than normal to settle down due to the organization's somewhat unconventional methods. Each task is expected to be done in multiple ways instead of sticking to one. Its tough sometimes.
Pros
Great place to learn
Cons
Stressful
Great place to work with good compensation
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 4, 2018
Overall Constellation is a great place to work. They take pride in their office space so that it's a great place to come in to and work.
The compensation and benefits are hard to beat in the Baltimore area.
Productive & fun workplace
Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 28, 2017
You work as a team player in a fast pace atmosphere. You learn how to become a team player & interact with each other to get the job done. It was hard to adjust to the fast pace but once I did I enjoyed it & I enjoyed working with people.
not a good place to work
Collections Rep (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 22, 2017
not a good place to work . play was horrible, managment was not helpful and the work place was very divided. would not recommend this company to my worst enemy
Pros
qfgete
Productive Work Place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 21, 2017
Constellation energy was a great opportunity however I only got paid commission so that means whatever i sold that's what i made so it was very challenging because some people always though it was a scam.
Pros
Meeting new people, Exercise
Cons
getting turned down by customers
Fun
Telemarketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 19, 2017
It's was cool just the pay was based off 100 percent commissions and I'm not that type of person I need for sure money if you don't sale you don't get paid so it will be time wasted
Pros
Fun
Cons
Pay
hard work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 18, 2017
good job for sales people - not easy prospecting was hardest part . good company but lots of pressure. managers do good job training. Hard to keep longterm.
Pros
pay
Cons
high pressure
Fun
Business Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WINovember 13, 2017
Fun place to work for as the days literally went by super fast. People that you work with are very friendly and take the time to get to know you as a person, and will show you the ropes.
Amazing place to work, sad I had to move
Communications Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lusby, MDNovember 6, 2017
I started working at this company straight out of highschool and I was always treated with respect (with the exception of one manager). I was going through a pretty hard time in my life and most of the people here were very warm and welcoming and made me realize that their are good people in the world.
n/a
B2B Sales (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 5, 2017
n/a constellation energy sub-contracts to protocall communications - a Horrible company that offers ZERO benefits and no growth opportunities. After years of making protocall hundreds of thousands of dollars, when I approach the owners for ONE simple raise, I was told to quote, "Work harder..."