Constellis Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Poor managment and drama
Level two Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Moyock, NCJuly 11, 2018
Management is poor only looks out for the ones that brown nose. You move up and have less responsibilities, and then everyone treats you unfair because you got promoted. Nothing but a bunch of grown women out to throw each other under the bus.
Life of a security officer
Field Training Officer (Current Employee) –  KuwaitMay 30, 2018
Depending on location the work can be very busy and long but you get what you put into it. The benefits are good. The management will always work with you especially if your a member of the national guard or reserve if you let them know ahead of time.
not a good structured work place
Secure Anti-Terrorism Force Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  KuwaitMay 14, 2018
they lie to you from the get go with promises of salaries that you will not meet or exceed they operate under good old boy terms of you scratch my back ill scratch yours they are retaliatory and unethical
good
Security Contractor (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 15, 2018
loved the people i worked with.
poor management
learned alot from experienced guys
12 hour shifts, meals paid for and gym access.
overall good place to work, again management poor
Pros
contractors
Cons
management
Well-organized with competitive pay
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Moyock, NCMarch 14, 2018
Of the security contracts, this is probably one of the last good paying ones. Most of the people we work with are highly qualified Veterans with a skillset which supersedes the standard.
Veteran friendly organization
Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Moyock, NCMarch 10, 2018
Veteran friendly organization, helped to employ veteran OCONUS. Time of employment from to employment can be 6-12 months due to process of application approval by the client, security clearance process, training and deployment at no fault of the company.
Pros
Veteran Friendly
Cons
Security clearance process concerning the length of time to be granted
Prestigious and Secure place to work.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Moyock, NCFebruary 23, 2018
The work as a security specialist is fun and quite interesting. The routine is well structured and easy to follow through. Training on job is also well organized and collaboration with colleagues and other contractors from other companies expose the guard to a learning environment full of new contacts and skills.The most uncomfortable part of the job is the safety ware required to put on as it is very heavy. It drains a lot of life of a would be loyal worker to the point of contemplating shorter worker span in that field.
The most enjoyable part of the job though, is fully paid relocation flights. The company is also well connected and respected in the area it is operating by service providers. It is a prestige to be associated with Constellis.
Pros
Transport to and from work location, Prompt monthly payments, Free accommodation, Sponsored work permits, Global operation, multinational company.
Cons
contract work, No dental insurance, work in difficult environment, No paid vacation for contract workers.
stressful workplace
Housekeeping / Front desk (Former Employee) –  Moyock, NCFebruary 21, 2018
Good pay and benefits, long hours, not valued by company, in fear of losing job or being replaced constantly, little to no loyalty to seasoned employees that have been with the company years. Management out of touch with employees.
Pros
good pay
Cons
everything else
Quality
Sworn US Marshal (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 1, 2018
keeping experienced and quality personell is critical to growth.Allowing past experience helps decision making in all aspects of daily decision making.Thinking ahead gets you ahead!
Pros
pay
Cons
micro managgement
fast pace, stressful & rewarding
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moyock, NCJanuary 9, 2018
Company is dedicated to its mission statement
Enjoyed working for my HR Director

Company culture hires prior military and the training facility was a 1 first class operation
Pros
Free Breakfast 1 Friday of the month
Cons
Stressful
Terrible management, good pay
Force Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  KuwaitNovember 21, 2017
Pay is good but it’s a cutthroat industry. Managers are backstabbing and incompetent, coworkers are there solely for pay. Not worth it due to several pay cuts
Friendly
Global Staffing Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Moyock, NCNovember 21, 2017
It is a military friendly environment. Flexible and friendly individuals to work with. The management is understanding and provides clear leadership. guidance and direction.
My job at Constellis is very demanding and has alot of moving parts. You must be able to multitask and prioritize.
Travel Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Moyock, NCNovember 19, 2017
A typical work day for me would be answering emails, booking travel, process passports, processing visas, set up CAC appointments, submit itineraries to the client for independent contractors to deploy and data entry.I learn different things every day besides my work duties; when the client want changes or wanted to add things to what I do I make it happen. The management was good, I was never marco managed; my boss trusted my every move he said I had good work ethics. The work culture is not that diversed.The hardest part of my job is being able to to handle all of the many moving parts; you have to be able to priortize.The most enjoyable part of my job is to
satisfy our customers.
Pros
Being able to work from home when I have sick kids and not being macro managed
Cons
The healthcare.
Humanitarian Security
Personnel Security Specialist Humanitarian Officer (Current Employee) –  Moyock, NCNovember 6, 2017
Probably one of the best civilian jobs that I ever had. I work with ex military personnel, and they make your time with the company seem like you been working with them for years. Great pay, great people, great management, and great training. Hardest part of the job is how much overtime you want to do, because it was always available. Doing humanitarian rescues and providing a sense of safety to the locals is always a good feeling.
Pros
Great Pay, lots of overtime
Cons
Dangerous
I really enjoyed the location of the place
Bio Processor/Writer (GTG Clearance) (Former Employee) –  Moyock, NCOctober 12, 2017
I started as a Temp and really enjoyed working with the company. There seemed to be some advancement in the beginning until they changed hands. Then things starting falling apart, and jobs got switched around. Mine was distinguished.
Mismanaged, Stressful, and Unreasonable expectations
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 10, 2017
I have learned the difference between a company that is managed by professionals compared to a company that is managed by those who think they know what's best.

The employees in the hallway have a defeated look about them, and the normal hallway chat in passing normally includes a closing or opening statement of "Just another day in paradise"

The employees themselves are fantastic, but the structure is lacking in all manners of consistency and professionalism.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
No Structure, with high stress unrealistic expectations.
Ok
Security Contractor (Current Employee) –  Moyock, NCOctober 3, 2017
If you like being gone it's worth it. Flexible work schedule and very good pay. Several job opportunities if you are qualified. Management is knowledgable and easy to work with.
productive work place
Housekeeper/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Moyock, NCOctober 3, 2017
I have experienced and learned a lot with this company. The people here are can be a bit much at times but not all of them. Some are really nice and out going. The hardest part about this job is the people can be really inconsiderate of cleaning up behind themselves. Getting to know some the of the people I work around is the best part of this job the laughs and the people that are genuinely laughing with you also care about you.
Pros
provided great lunch for the price you paid
Cons
health care not so great
Great
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Moyock, NCSeptember 19, 2017
Great job and work environment. Great service with helpful employee relations. Human Resources are exceptional. Would recommend this company to you.
Constellis Is Interesting
Senior Project Controls Analyst (Former Employee) –  Moyock, NCSeptember 8, 2017
This is not a place for the thin skinned. Great People, Excellent Mission but high turnover and management is lacking. This is not a place you can expect to retire from

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Constellis. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight