Consulate Health Care Employee Reviews

2.7
Ratings breakdown
The worst place I have ever worked. Residents are not cared for and its so mismanged.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Venice flOctober 11, 2018
Do not work for this company. No raises. Ever. Stressful. Management doesnt care about you, coworkers do not help and when you go on a vacation they will not complete any of your work while gone. You must do all assessments before and after vacation. building is dirty. Management is the worst I have seen and do not appreciate your hard work. The lead MDS is difficult to work with and the enviroment is chaotic everyday
Pros
Cons
Management creates animosity between coworkers; chaotic environment ; low pay; difficult work;
Be ready to work
Wound Care Nurse, nursing supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 9, 2018
As with all long-term care and skilled nursing facilities, they all come with the same set of problems. Staffing is an issue anywhere, supplies are there but may be limited. Working at consulate, I’ve worked with an awesome management team, I’ve been paid very well and have had the opportunity for overtime. Sometimes I feel like I don’t have a work life balance but my work ethic is strong and that may have something to do with it. All facilities come with their problems but if you have a great management team that is willing to take the time to teach, then you have to choose your battles.
Pros
Hourly, overtime available, excellent pay
Cons
Long hours due to staffing challenges
team work
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FloridaOctober 6, 2018
Worked as Kitchen Supervisor which included:
Seeing new patients and making sure kitchen runs efficiently.

All employees worked as a team when help was needed.
Pros
Free shift meal
Cons
Pay not enough
Consulate and their transportation company are horrible
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FloridaOctober 3, 2018
If you value Family do not place them here. This company does not pay any of their bills on time which places the elderly at serious health risk. They also try to monitor phones and visits so people who pay to place family do not see what really goes on in this place.
Also the company they use for all transportation is so bad i could not believe they even are considered to drive people around.
Cons
Changed Culture and Great QMs. Come see for yourself!
Executive Director/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VASeptember 26, 2018
This building has 5 star QMs, ranked 16 in HQI Network out of 236 facilities. Lots of hard work done at this building with more RNs in the floor, very little open shifts (fully staffed). This facility is now leading the pack! No settling for mediocrity at Envoy of Woodbridge! We drive excellence
Pros
Excellent corporate support, dedicated Administrator and DON, facility very close to bus line.
Cons
Reputation on past not current measures. .
Horrible place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 25, 2018
I’ve worked with this company a little over a month and I already see that management is horrible. It’s too much favoritism being shown.
I typically work doubles which is 16 hours shifts 3-11 and 11-7. Since I’ve started, we’ve been short staffed every night. We have anywhere from 20-27 residents by ourselves, which is very illegal.
Management seems to not care about their night shift employees.
Nurses expect for the great CNAs to do their assigned rooms and then help the lazy CNAs do their work as well.
You have to be a snitch and kiss management butt to stay employed in this facility.
The building is nasty. I haven’t seen housekeeping cleaning any rooms since I’ve been here. I literally clean my assigned residents rooms whenever I work.
I feel as if I’m underpaid for all of the work that we have to do. I was told I would be getting paid a certain amount in orientation but on my first pay stub it was way lower than that amount. They tell lies to get people in the door. Human Resource is always playing with the employees money. You have to keep track of when you work and etc. I worked a holiday and it somehow “got deleted” out of the system so I didn’t get paid for it. I went to HR and was told it would be on my next check as well as the original amount per hour I was told I would be getting paid in orientation. All lies!
This company is by far the worst I’ve ever worked for. I just feel sorry for the residents at the end of the day.
Pros
Residents are a pleasure to work with while providing care
Cons
Overall facility is horrible. Terrible management. Building is nasty
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Piketon, OHSeptember 24, 2018
I loved working in the kitchen at this nursing home. I loved seeing the residents every day and making them smile. The hours weren't too much. I really wish I still worked there.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Employee favoritism
Caring for others is what I love to do
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Deltona, FLSeptember 22, 2018
I have a passion for caring for others taking care of my patients was rewarding to me they loved me and I loved them they were my friends, I respected them and gave the superb care.
Pros
helping others
Cons
short of staff
Consulate was a nice place to work durning my eleven and a half years. I enjoyed working with the residents and making a differance in their lives.
Restorative Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 20, 2018
I worked at consulate health care durning my stay i learned how to work effectively with the residents and provide excellent patient care. consulate allowed you to trained in other areas. a nice place to work.
Pros
employee functions to appreciate employees
Poor Management
Director of Admissions and Marketing (Former Employee) –  MississippiSeptember 19, 2018
Would be a good place to work if Consulate Management improved.. Great Administrator who cares for residents/staff and is a great leader! Consulate requires you to work 7 days a week due to being more concerned with census number than residents/staff and they need improvement on time management skills. Regional Director is very unprofessional & inexperienced in leadership skills making it a very stressful work environment and causing very low morale within the department.
Pros
Best Administrator! Fun work environment. Good staff. Love working for the residents!
Cons
Consulate Management/Regional Team
Productive and constant patient care
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, VASeptember 12, 2018
Do all ADL's for residents which included bathing, feeding, toileting, and tending to needs of residents. You learn to deal with different personalities, family needs, and you become attached to residents and sometimes know their needs. Management didn't always know the needs of the family but was supportive of them when something came about. Local people resided at the home as well as some from out of town. The hardest part of the job was when residents had to leave. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you may have made one of the residents day a little better by showing that you cared for their need or just took time to talk to them. Residents are very lonely.
Pros
Free lunches, lots of overtime if you wanted it
Cons
no time for breaks, need better pay
Fun and productive
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee,FloridaSeptember 11, 2018
I would recommend this place to work because they really do care about their employees and residents...If u have a person with another employee the Administrator or DON have an open door policy to discuss the solution to any problems you may be having..
Pros
Food is delicious.Place is clean.Very good atmosphere
Cons
No Cons
None of the above apply
Nutional Services Director, CDM, CFPP (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 5, 2018
Gives management to much to keep tract of and I was never properly trained to there way of running the kitchen or how, when to send reports and the initials of the reports. Also on monthly food inventory was completed by the Consolate manager not me.
Pros
Cons
Short hours/ no pay raises
registered n urse
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 30, 2018
Cared for all facets of nursing care to approx. 30+ patient's, per shift including all medications provided, blood sugar checks and insulin injections, wound care, assessments, conferring with family members and MD,
Pros
open door policy; director very understanding
Cons
can be a little ghetto, loud voices aggressiveness towards others, laziness and work avoidence with assistant to nursing
very stressful
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 29, 2018
Working at Consulate is very stressful. The pay is horrible, for the amount of work you have to do. On day shift you have and average of 12 to 15 residents, along with 2 meals and 5 showers. Plus all the get ups and feeders.
Great teams in senior health care
Regional Director of Business Development (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLAugust 27, 2018
Long hours and weekly travel but working with my teams is very rewarding as well as working with senior population. I feel inspired when I inspire others and strongly believe that providing autonomy, support, and inspiration is what allows my teams to thrive and grow.
Pros
flexible schedule, able to work remotely, unlimited time off
Cons
long work hours, weekly out of state travel
Job
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 27, 2018
This was so long ago I can not really remember much of my experience there. It was a very patient driven origination. Wanted to make sure the family and patients where well taken care of towards the end of their illness.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
lack of training
It was fun to work and calm place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 24, 2018
a typical day at work is filling medical files and showing people where the loves ones rooms are. You also sit there and play bingo with the patients and do activities with the patients
Pros
free lunch nice people
Cons
shorts brakes
No clear communication
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) PRN (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 20, 2018
The communication was lacking. Typical day would consume a lot of running around with no clear goal. Management lacked effective communication. Not significant amount of hours were compensated.
Pros
Residents were friendl;y and pleasant
Cons
Bad hours
Good work/life balance; good management
Residential Aide/ Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 17, 2018
Good coworkers, and good management. Management is good about working with you regarding your schedule. Management also rotates weekends employees have to work.
Pros
good work/life balance
Cons
getting laid off