Consulate Health Care Employee Reviews

Featured review
Consulate Health Care selected this as a representative review
Productive, fun work environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLJune 28, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work in a facility that not only treated its employee's but its residents as family. They take quality care of their residents!!!! Made everyone and their families feel welcome. Great nurses and management.
Pros
able to pick up lots of over time
Great company.
C N A (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 19, 2018
Nursing home is the hard job if you don't have the opportunity to work in team.Assigment must be done, busy schedule and plan care never finish even at the last time.
Pros
Okay so far.
Cons
Break count.
Decent
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 16, 2018
Decent place to work: As for comments:
All the following were average
Very relaxed and get along with all the people and residents there!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington, NCJuly 16, 2018
I loved my experience there. Wish I was able to stay longer but due to complicated pregnancy I had to step down!! I would definitely go back if they had an opening! Still close with the people I worked with!
My second home
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Franklinton, LAJuly 12, 2018
The staff is very friendly and works well together to care for all residents. Continued training is available through monthly meetings. Everyone is all so willing to help in any situation if you lose your way or are unsure of the appropriate answer
quality of care is compromised out of concern for the bottom line.
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  cape coral to naplesJuly 10, 2018
Staff were constantly being reassigned interrupting any continuity of care, Management offered no support in times of high volume responsibilities on the floor, .Frequently short staffed. Supplies for especially wound care were non existent. Employees were never recognized for a job well done instead constantly grilled if overtime was performed to complete task especially required documentation.
Pros
Staff teamed together and the appreciation came from the residents.
Cons
Constant uncertainty regarding job security, no shift dif, docked lunch even if not taken
Worst company treat u like nothing $10.40 flat pay. Doesn't go by experience at all.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLJuly 8, 2018
Do not work for this company. I have worked 3 times same company different buildings. No holiday pay, shift, weekend differential just $10.40 take care of 14 to 16 patients. Does not care about the stress u are going thru. They expect cna to get it all done. Have to do complete bed changes, not even paper pads. Talk, treat u however. I've been a cna 14 yrs. this is the worst company ever. Money in their pockets while cna break back. Get yelled at by family, resident not understanding we are short of workers. Which is right, patients need their care. Even on day shift they work with 4 aids send u to dining room, 3 aids 60 patients on one unit during 7-3. Like I said this is a very greedy company does not care. Why their facilities are getting closed down. It's sad because it's the elderly that suffer.
Cons
Bad place period
Outdated nursing
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAJuly 8, 2018
Everything is ran poorly from scheduling to paper everything. No one can keep track of anything going on with patients. Only certain staff are allowed overtime if a nurse will work as a med tech or aide. My position was given away without my knowledge because I felt uncomfortable with how they wanted their med passes done so I didn’t want to work as a med tech so they let other nurses just pick up my schedule and didn’t tell me. The charts are a mess and communication is non existent. Never mind we couldn’t get supplies because rumors of bills not being paid were always floating around. And understaffed is an understatement.
Disappointed
CNA (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAJune 27, 2018
If you are a nurse, work there. They need nurses and give bonuses sometimes. CNAs are short staffed or show up for work and are sent home. Pay is descent just not a reliable paycheck for me. Supplies and linens are sometimes hard to find. Many dedicated hard working/over worked nursing staff.
Pros
Coworkers and residents
Cons
weekends
job duties
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLJune 26, 2018
assist with adl's
vital signs
assist transfers
provide care for total
assist with feeding
turn patients q 2 hrs
computer input on all patients
report changes in patient condition
provide cpr prn
Pros
patient interaction
Cons
staffing, scheduling
Unhealthy work olace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 26, 2018
Staff doesn’t care. Housekeeping sucks. Administration doesn’t care about staff or Patients. Pay is low for the type of stress. No team work. Unhealthy work environment
Love my co workers
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 24, 2018
The hardest part of my job trying to educate employees that don't want to learn and I personally did not have work life balance.Upper management hires friends
Okay
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 21, 2018
Wasn’t a bad job. Pay was to low. Had to find something better. Good people. Nice environment. Good job for teens starting to work. Fast pace.........
Very proactive place to work
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJune 21, 2018
I enjoyed working as a staffing coordinator because I met plenty of people that were successful and knew what and who they wanted to be in life. I also enjoyed when employees would come to me with trust and with the ability to vent and share their most kept secrets with me.
Cons
too many call offs
Good Company
Business Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 21, 2018
A great company to work for. The benefits are great. The healthcare field is always a challenge but the staff is very helpful and understanding, from the workplace to corporate.
Difficult work environment
Social Services Director (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 20, 2018
Challenging work environment. Every day brought on challenges that could have been easily dealt with if given full rein. The was a great deal of micro-management.
Pros
Cons
Stressful environment.
great team to work with
CARE LIAISON MULTI-FACILITY (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 13, 2018
outstanding team, felt like family always, it was fast pace but had fun doing it, very flexible with family and kids, flexible with work hours, great management very understanding.
Ok place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 12, 2018
It was ok there..its some things thats can be done to make the building look better...making the staff feel appreciated should be noticed...some things need to change
Pros
Cons
No bonuses
Really Great
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 10, 2018
Cant wait to experience this again. I enjoyed volunteering and making sure everyone was safe and calm. Had a great time working with a team and having fun.
Bad overall
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 4, 2018
The hardest part was no team work, that what they need more of because the patients count on our help and that very important to everyone. Teamwork make everything better.
But being able to see the smile on the patients face when the have art and crafts was the best of all ,I even had patients that did needle stitch and she took time to teach me.
Pros
Love the hours
Cons
Always working short staff
Would not recommend
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 1, 2018
Poorly managed. No concern for residential care. Overworked and understaffed. Employees walking out with no notice. Call outs daily with no penalty leaving other employees stuck at work. Nurses license constantly at stake. No respect from employee to employees. It's a toxic work environment
Pros
Cons
Your soul

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Consulate Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7