Consulate Health Care Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,068 reviews
Needs a drastic overhaul
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Franklinton, LAMarch 17, 2019
the staff/employees for the most part mean well. Hard to do your job without having the right equipment or lack of supplies. Management doesn't get things done because they claim corporate ties their hands. everything in the building needs repairing or replacing. never can find anything you need. patient to nurse ratio at night is unacceptable. employees with one year to fifteen years experience may make the same wage. a lot of complaining about employees not doing their jobs but management doesn't have their backs on making sure they have everything needed to do the job. management always in the building working the floor because of horrible staffing shortage and high turnover rate. everyone is overly tired from working so many hours. absolutely no team work.
Pros
always plenty of hours to pick up
Cons
level of care not acceptable//building not acceptable
Poor work environment, dishonest management, poor quality of care for residents
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 15, 2019
Even the basic necessary supplies are most often not available for residents and the facility is very dirty. The work environment in very negative and they are always short of other workers.
Pros
You can work as many extra hours as desired.
Awful place to work
Sub-Acute Nurse (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLMarch 13, 2019
As a nurse your given 25-35 patients where passing all the meds in time is not a reality. Staffing is so low sometimes the administration has to come pass meds and they complain about how hard it is and ask for help because they can’t do it but then expect the RN’s and LPNs too. Many times there is not enough medical supplies to complete patient care. Working here is dangerous to your license. Lots of issues such as when tube feedings run out and we’re told by administration to substitute with other feeding ratios....without a doctor’s order. Documentation is extremely redundant as the same thing is charted in a dozen different places. Most of the nurses are rude to each other, actually, no, downright mean. Administration is incompetent as they have no real structure. There’s no orientation; it’s following a nurse around watching them pass meds. There’s no learning how to chart on the Emar or what the policies and procedures are; there is no structure. Then you get yelled at for not doing something you had no idea existed because you’ve never even heard that before because no one showed you. There is no follow through with management. They are quick to blame and do not listen. Nurses come and go within a matter of a few days to just a few months; they cannot retain staff here. Benefits suck; I think it’s the worst I’ve ever seen offered by an employer.
Pros
Literally none
Cons
poor management, dangerous work environment, lack of structure
Must love the eldery....
SOCIAL SERVICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FLMarch 12, 2019
My job started off as just an office job. I have learned so many things since I started working at Baya Pointe. Working with the elderly is an adventure. one day is different from the next. All the stories they tell. I have learned so much about life and love. Then there is an entirely different side to my job especially when dealing with Dementia. That is the hardest part of my Job. The different cultures and lifestyles.
combine all of that with the daily paper work and phone calls. reports and admissions and discharges. it is a high paced job one that you have to be ready for a little bit of everything.
Pros
residents, family
Cons
healthcare, pay
no help offered
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 8, 2019
This was the only company that i ever worked for where I felt like I begged for help and none was provided yet I got blamed for the entire situation when things fell apart.
NIce Place To Work
Medical Records / Central Supply Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, VAMarch 6, 2019
You have to love people and be willing to learn while working at Consulate. Awesome place to work. Your are in charge of your section and must yield full responsibily for the records and inventory count.
Understaffed, Underequipped, Underappreciated, and Underpaid
Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCMarch 3, 2019
As a CNA, I felt as though we were consistently understaffed and rarely had enough linen or supplies to properly care for our residents. I was also bothered by the fact that wages were based purely off of years of experience as a CNA. I had a few lazy coworkers who were paid much more than myself simply because they had been working as CNAs for over a decade.
Cons
Understaffed, underpaid
Horrible Experience
Staffing Coordinator/ Central Supply/CNA (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 3, 2019
This is by far the worst I have ever seen. Lack of motivation from staff. No real since of urgency from upper management. No Team work. No clear sense of leadership. Highest turnover I have ever seen.
We had two different companies in less than 3 months.
Medical Records Manager/Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Kenton, OHMarch 2, 2019
The guidelines were very sketchy at this place of business. There was a turnover in management and from that it was something that was undefined what the rules and regulations were and also the policies and procedures were not defined so could not be followed.
Pros
I had a lot of learning curves.
Cons
I was never fully trained for any one position but filled into multiple positions.
Clinical Experience
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLMarch 2, 2019
I spend a few months working as a student nurse. I had a wonderful learning experience. All the staff members were accommodating and helpful. I would definitely recommend.
Learning experince
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLFebruary 28, 2019
Overall working at consulate health care was a great experince and has taught me so many new things and I am grateful for the wonderful experience. I beleive everyone should have some type of experince and I'm happy to have been working there
Pros
Elderly people
Cons
Under staffed
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 27, 2019
The job itself was stressful due to the pressure to get patients. The facility was a good place to work with great people. I got to meet some very nice residents.
Daily work at Consolate Health Care
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 27, 2019
I found work at Consulate Health Care to be fast-paced and sometimes a bit stressful, but completely fulfilling.
Daily work duties would vary, depending on the shift I would be assigned.
Pros
Being there for someone who needed me to help them.
Cons
The hardest part of the job was becoming emotionally attached to patients who would sometimes die.
job rating
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLFebruary 25, 2019
work is hard, need more staff and equipment, moral not good, best part of job the residents which are nice building needs updating and repair, services updated
Pros
nice patients going home
Cons
short staff no supplies
Horrible experience
Director of Social Services (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLFebruary 25, 2019
If you care about residents then this is not the place for you. Corporate doesn't care about anything but census. Management will demand you write 5 star Google review. Be warned that your hours will be cut if census is low but your workload won't change so you'll have just as much to do just less time to do it. There are no paid holidays. This means if you don't want to work Christmas you have to use vacation time to cover it. Overall it's the worst company I've ever worked for.
Also you cannot add your spouse to their insurance plan
Pros
Cons
Low pay, lousy benefits, toxic environment
wouldnt recommend for employment
Floor Technician and Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Boonsboro, MDFebruary 24, 2019
Not a facility for personal growth, poor management, lack of communication. poor equipment and supplies. no room for salary increase. favoritism abounds.
Stressful. Unprofessional, unfair
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCFebruary 24, 2019
I enjoyed my job in the beginning (nearly 5 yrs ago). This place is a joke! The little HR troll runs the place if she don't like you, you're gone. Management does not care about employees. I was terminated because I was hurt on the job. I worked 11p-7a and was scheduled by myself most nights. Some of the nurses are great but most are lazy and act too good to touch the residents.
Pros
Great residents and some employees
Needs help
IC Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  McComb, MSFebruary 22, 2019
This has the potential to be a wonderful company but seems to have a hard time keeping management positions filled. Too much employee turn over and not a well structured environment.
I dont rememeber
SKILLED NURSING PHYSICAL THERAPY INTERN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 20, 2019
I do not remember exactly what a work day was like due to it being so long since i was an intern there. But i do remember that the staff was very caring as a whole.
Barely hanging on
Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLFebruary 19, 2019
overworked underpaid no appreciation. No one gets held accountable for their actions. People could go days without charting getting showers giving personal care.

When management is in the building they're barking orders but had things been done the correct way all the time there would be no orders to be barked. You have a lot of amazing staff that are deciding to leave why lack of communication lack of respect management loves to talk about people behind their back behind closed doors like it doesn't come out to the floor. Activities are bare to none and when they do have a good girl and it does good activities they shift her elsewhere.
They can be flexible with hours which is great and you can always pick up over time. And as long as you don't kill somebody always have a job.

Used to be such an amazing place to work at and now it's like a dungeon. The executive director follows up on absolutely nothing and ties the hands of the d o n so she's not able to do anything for residents or staff.
Pros
Overtime, never get fired, great nurses and some cnas
Cons
Management, boring activities, high turn over

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Consulate Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7