Consumer Direct Care Network Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Working in home health is feast or famine.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WIJuly 4, 2018
Being able to keep clients in their homes instead of facilities was a great honor. If you needed something for your clients, the care team worked together to determine the best course of action to achieve the results that best suited the clients needs.
Pros
The care team was great to work with
Cons
loss of clients to facilities or death could change your income instantly
Lies
Elderly Personal Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WIJuly 2, 2018
They refuse to pay you if work extra hours. They have you running all over the place for clients. They have you doing things that are not in your job description. Nothing is true in this company.
working with the disabled in home
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Emmett, IDJune 27, 2018
There were no benefits and no paid time off. working with the mentally challenged is fun, but there were no chances for advancement. Lots of chances to go out into the community. hardest part was dealing with behavioral issues from the client.
Pros
relaxed and easy work
Cons
lack of benefits, no advancement opportunities
Very poor place to work.
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJune 12, 2018
This company was the poorest company I've ever worked for. Consistently shuffled pay to the employees putting many in bad situation while they stalled getting the pay checks to them. Would come up with every excuse in the book to make it appear that it was the employees fault they didn't get paid.
Very poor customer service. Routinely missed getting service to clients when needed. Ignored calls coming in to complain. Would send callers to voice mail so they wouldn't have to talk to them about their complaints.
Pros
idea of helping people in need
Cons
Management the poorest I've ever worked for
An ok place to work if you like a dead end job.
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  IdahoJune 11, 2018
This job is great for someone who is going to school, as long as you are able to go to school around their schedule. I was paid $14 dollars an hour for 25 hours a week. There is no progression with the job, its a base level job and you are as high as you can get in the company.
Overall I learned a new skill and program.
Authorization Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 4, 2018
I was hired at this company after doing my externship at this site, overall I like the position but not what I wanted to do with my degree. My day was busy and productive.
Poor management
Payroll Auditor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 4, 2018
The company might run better if the management cared for its employees and the care givers. Any suggestion to management about the job and in what ways it could run smoother were immediately shut down and you were left with their mediocre way of doing things.
In home care
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WIMay 29, 2018
This position allowed to me to work in home with a developmentally challenged adult female. Her Mother was my supervisor and I developed a close relationship with the family. This organization was helpful when it came to my compensation and worked well with the family of the young women I provided care for.
home health care
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 11, 2018
It was a typical day taking care of elderly people
I learned patience and how to take orders from someone that likes things done her way
Traveling was hardest part
It really depends
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDMay 1, 2018
The way your job runs with Consumer direct depends on the client you are assigned. The clients are the ones to give the scheduling and payment. It also depends on the client how laid back and accommodating they are.
Pros
flexible, fairly laid back, good money
Cons
no benefits, stressful at times, parents of clients can be difficult.
Fun workplace with all the other indivduals,
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 26, 2018
take my client to her Day Programs that Arca provides, run errends for her or have my client go along for the ride and the fresh air.take her on little walks.
Pros
Fun programs that is ran by the caregiver's
Cons
lots of company meetings
Okay entry level job
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 18, 2018
This just was an interim job. Nothing good or bad to say about this job or company. Operated as best as they could. Decent staff and supervisors. Fair job
Challenging but rewarding workplace
HHA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FL/ Lake City, FloridaApril 9, 2018
I enjoyed being a HHA with Consumer Direct, however having to lift patients has taken a toll on my hands and shoulders. I enjoy being able to help individuals with emotional and physical disabilities, I feel it is very rewarding.
Pros
being able to help others in need
Cons
takes a toll on your body physically
Great place to start
Technical Lead, Special Projects, Cash Manager (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTApril 6, 2018
This was a great company to start growth in my career. I was able to learn and grow and move up in the organization. They have a great culture and benefits and they are a company on a growth pattern. When I left, they seemed to be having some growing pains, but nothing they could not work through.
Very helpful place to work
Direct Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMarch 24, 2018
For client feed client give meds. bathe client dress. Made breakfast.
Laundry . Responsible for all meals . I learned time management and to priorities.
Pros
ate with client
Cons
breaks when possible
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 22, 2018
You learn how ro be a good listener.It gives u a chance to hear and learn first hand about other peoples lives.You get a one on one hands on experience taking care of patients it trains you to be a medical nurse.
Great employment
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 19, 2018
Had fun working but depends how many hours u work or the hours your are approve for, but loved getting along with patients assisted them in many ways.
Consumer Direct was an awesome company.
Home Healthcare Aide (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 9, 2018
I loved the company, however the patient was a friend of mine, things just get difficult when you mix your personal life with your workplace. But 5he staff at consumer direct were very efficient and helpful, the hiring process was very easy.
Very flexible and secure company to work for
Senior Billing & Appeals Analyst (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTMarch 8, 2018
I enjoy working here, I just feel that I cannot go any further in the company. They are great to their employees and go above and beyond to help in any way, including training, etc.
Sometimes
Regional Coordinator/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 4, 2018
I have loved working at Consumer Direct Care Network. It gave me the opportunity for growth. Most of the staff are supportive, friendly, and they encourage you as an employee. However, the challenge is gone. It has become repetitive.
Pros
Nice staff, promotion of teamwork, and most of the time a friendly atmosphere
Cons
Health benefits, friends of upper management promoted over others more qualified, inability to voice concerns in problem areas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Consumer Direct Care Network. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

4.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight