Play YouTube video button

Consumer Direct Care Network Employee Reviews

Terrible management
N/A (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTNovember 16, 2018
Upper managements has no sense of how to treat, support, engage and drive talent to succeed. They disregard the employee and support top managers who treat all staff terribly. They would rather churn through staff then to really solve the problem and get rid of certain managers. If they focused truly on taking care of their staff, taking accountability for bad management styles and grow their people it would not be bad place. Certain managers are on power trips and that is more important to keep that type of culture than to have a healthy organization.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Middle to upper management
I love my job but there's more to be desired
CSW Community Support Worker, Raymond Hemminger (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 11, 2018
My job is personally rewarding. There is no appreciation, management does not answer phones & does not communicate with staff. The pay is low & doesn't keep up with the cost of living. Fuel costs for client transportation are not reimbursed. Employees can not count on timely paychecks due to neglect from management. There are no benefits at all. No one to cover shifts if you are sick or need a day off for family emergencies. If someone doesn't show up for a shift, you are stuck working with the client because management won't respond.
Pros
Love my client
Cons
Poor management
positive interaction with clients
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kenai, AKFebruary 11, 2019
Daily satisfaction with helping the customers while earning trust to work with them in their homes. Keeping detailed records for health, I also learned how to communicate with the family of the loved ones to ensure comfort.
Pros
flexible hours, one on one time with Elders
Cons
short shifts, various locations
Great, collaborative, flexible place to work.
Support Broker (Current Employee) –  Holmen, WIFebruary 6, 2019
I currently work for CDCN-WI. I am a support broker and I love it. My bosses are wonderful and very supportive. I travel a lot and get reimbursed for it. Health insurance benefits are not the greatest, but I am hoping that will change as we grow.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great boss
Cons
Health deductables
I love working independently
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  2300 12th ave. SDecember 16, 2018
Consumer Direct is a fine company to work for. Competitive wages and benefits are offered as well as bonuses and pay raises. I work independentlyfrom the company, which is nice.
Pros
I can work independently without supervision
Cons
I dont have coworkers because i work from home.
This company provides income through Medicaid MMA programs for caregivers.
Sub-contractor - Caregiver/Companion (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLOctober 7, 2018
This is a sub-contractor position.

You can be paid up to 15 hours per week for providing personal care and 5 hours per week for housekeeping chores. This is a Patient Determination Option offered to Medicaid recipient so that they can choose who will be taking care of them.
Save Yourself!
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLDecember 5, 2018
Highly unorganized office staff, who do not want to help you succeed in any way. When caregivers start making as much as office managers, the office managers have your hours cut, to keep you from succeeding. When a caregiver tries to call, to resolve a problem, the only thing that happens is, your voicemail messages get deleted and ignored. They will have no issues working you either too many, or too few hours, with or without pay. They will illegally require you to work without pay, and will reprimand you, as a caregiver, if you try and stay to help a client. You will face severe job retaliation if you do anything to protect yourself from mental and verbal abuse. They will save clients for their friends, office staff will band together to either get you fired or to quit if they do not like you. I seriously think someone needs to look into this company, and get it under control, because the staff, are absolutely unprofessional, and a danger to the success of this company.
DIRECT CAREGIVER AND LIFE COACH (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDAugust 21, 2018
A typical day would start at 8am. I would go to the house i worked and give direct care ti disabled adults. I learned patience. The management was poor, but only cause the guidelines were unclear. Any thing I needed i could call consumer direct and they'd solve although my manager in house would get upset, as she was worried her relationship with out clients parents would suffer if they heard from anyone but herself. culture was great! I really felt like I was helping. The hardest part of the job were the lack of benefits. The best part was helping improve clients lives.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
no benefits
Easy to learn but can be stressful
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOAugust 12, 2018
A typical day at work involved waking the client up and remind them to eat and do their chores and reminding them to bath then go about their regular day.
I learned to be quick on my feet and observative
Management took care of any and all problems
Workplace culture took place in the clients home where staff felt it was a little stressful
The hardest part of the job was teaching the client coping skills and reminding her of her meds.
The most enjoyable part of the job was doing fun activities with the cliet
Pros
Great pay and a few days off
Cons
Stressful environment and dificult client
Consumer Direct Care Network
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Max Meadows, VAJanuary 12, 2019
My job had lots of ups and downs! I often couldn’t get as many hours as I Needed! Also their were no benifits package and no insurance! If these things were made available to the employees it would be a good place to work!
Calm and steady pay
Home Attendant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 17, 2019
I loved working. I wish I did not have to leave. I loved the patients and my co workers. The environment was always friendly. The only thing I would change is the customer service for the payroll. They weren't very organized.
Loved being able to work with the family
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTOctober 12, 2018
You work for consumer direct but your manager is the family who has legal custody of the client. I worked for an amazing family and if anything came up with my pay it was taken care quickly.
Pros
fleixble work
Cons
Low pay
Pca
Waitressing, Bussing tables, Cleaning, Restocking (Former Employee) –  Soldotna, AKSeptember 23, 2018
Being a PCA is a great job. It feels good to be able to take care of people who cannot take care of themselves! The management of consumer-direct is awesome and very encouraging!
Pros
Layed back
Cons
Didn't pay what we were first told pay was $15.
Home care Provider
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FL 33351August 22, 2018
It was great working with the patient at there home. Utilize all I learn and making patient comfortable its like taking care of a family member and organizing activates and pleasurable memories and stroll in the parks.
Pros
There home enviorment
Cons
Patient lived till 100 years old
great place to work
Senior Director - Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTOctober 3, 2018
Provides in-home care services to allow individuals to continue living their lives in their own home. Serves all ages. Multi state reputation for excellent service.
Pros
Owners have great hearts
Cons
Local cost of living
worst company i have ever worked for
Direct Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLAugust 26, 2018
When i did get paid it was only half of what I was supposed to get and when i called to fix the issue I was always told it was my fault that they didn't process the timesheets on time or the correct way.
Pros
Cons
bad pay management and horrible customer service.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 17, 2018
Love working for this company, It’s such a humbling environment you forget your at work The customers or delightful and always pleasant if there’s ever any issues we solve them together
Working in home health is feast or famine.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WIJuly 4, 2018
Being able to keep clients in their homes instead of facilities was a great honor. If you needed something for your clients, the care team worked together to determine the best course of action to achieve the results that best suited the clients needs.
Pros
The care team was great to work with
Cons
loss of clients to facilities or death could change your income instantly
home health
Home Health Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIDecember 8, 2018
home health is a great way to focus on patient care and needs, it is a one on one environment focused on the patient and their family, which is something forgotten at DC
I worked for my brother
Respite Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WIOctober 1, 2018
Pay came through this service to provide respite care to my down syndrome brother. All timesheets were submitted monthly and I never had to meet with the case worker but the client (brother) and mother did.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Consumer Direct Care Network. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

4.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight