Consumer Direct Care Network Employee Reviews

I love my job but there's more to be desired
CSW Community Support Worker, Raymond Hemminger (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 11, 2018
My job is personally rewarding. There is no appreciation, management does not answer phones & does not communicate with staff. The pay is low & doesn't keep up with the cost of living. Fuel costs for client transportation are not reimbursed. Employees can not count on timely paychecks due to neglect from management. There are no benefits at all. No one to cover shifts if you are sick or need a day off for family emergencies. If someone doesn't show up for a shift, you are stuck working with the client because management won't respond.
Pros
Love my client
Cons
Poor management
Good job
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 24, 2018
It was a good job I enjoyed working here. I can’t complain about my experience one bit. I was treated fairly and was provided an equal opportunity to move up if I took advantage of the opportunity
Loved being able to work with the family
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTOctober 12, 2018
You work for consumer direct but your manager is the family who has legal custody of the client. I worked for an amazing family and if anything came up with my pay it was taken care quickly.
Pros
fleixble work
Cons
Low pay
This company provides income through Medicaid MMA programs for caregivers.
Sub-contractor - Caregiver/Companion (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLOctober 7, 2018
This is a sub-contractor position.

You can be paid up to 15 hours per week for providing personal care and 5 hours per week for housekeeping chores. This is a Patient Determination Option offered to Medicaid recipient so that they can choose who will be taking care of them.
great place to work
Senior Director - Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTOctober 3, 2018
Provides in-home care services to allow individuals to continue living their lives in their own home. Serves all ages. Multi state reputation for excellent service.
Pros
Owners have great hearts
Cons
Local cost of living
I worked for my brother
Respite Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WIOctober 1, 2018
Pay came through this service to provide respite care to my down syndrome brother. All timesheets were submitted monthly and I never had to meet with the case worker but the client (brother) and mother did.
Pca
Waitressing, Bussing tables, Cleaning, Restocking (Former Employee) –  Soldotna, AKSeptember 23, 2018
Being a PCA is a great job. It feels good to be able to take care of people who cannot take care of themselves! The management of consumer-direct is awesome and very encouraging!
Pros
Layed back
Cons
Didn't pay what we were first told pay was $15.
tough but fulfilling job
Direct Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Cooper City, FLSeptember 19, 2018
Taking care of the sick is not easy. Some parts can be pretty emotionally draining. But being a companion and a caretaker is very rewarding in itself.
wondeful place to work.
Elderly Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 11, 2018
very pleasant loved helping out each patient, assisted with personal needs for the patients. was a true pleasure to assist other who needed daily help
Pros
helping others
Cons
no set hours
Tough Job, But Great Company!
Billing Analyst / Authorizations Associate (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTSeptember 1, 2018
Over all, this is a tough job to do and this company fights for every dollar it earns. There is so much fine print to try and follow, procedures are always changing, and sometimes you walk away, frustrated and wondering if you ever do anything right, because some of the managers can be a bit harsh and the job training isn't the greatest, but I do enjoy working for this company. We employ a lot of awesome people who are willing to help you with your daily battles and I have built some true friendships here. Our executive team is very kind and our CEO is a wonderful person to get to know and I would recommend working here. They also offer training classes for excel, skype, Microsoft Dynamics, and other software we use on a regular basis.
Pros
Outdoor walking track, free coffee, free breakfast once a month, great people, and awesome Christmas party.
Cons
Workplace negativity that can be hard to deal with, day to day, and we employ some emotionally unstable people.
Nora good place to work
Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 29, 2018
will never work here again they don't care about their employees or customers. The pay sucks the hours suck they don't reimburse you for gas with all the driving the caregivers so everyday
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
worst company i have ever worked for
Direct Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLAugust 26, 2018
When i did get paid it was only half of what I was supposed to get and when i called to fix the issue I was always told it was my fault that they didn't process the timesheets on time or the correct way.
Pros
Cons
bad pay management and horrible customer service.
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 24, 2018
In my case you don't deal much with consumer direct as a company, it is mostly the family you have been placed with. My interactions with the office had always been good, they are very prompt, helpful, and informative.
Home care Provider
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FL 33351August 22, 2018
It was great working with the patient at there home. Utilize all I learn and making patient comfortable its like taking care of a family member and organizing activates and pleasurable memories and stroll in the parks.
Pros
There home enviorment
Cons
Patient lived till 100 years old
DIRECT CAREGIVER AND LIFE COACH (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDAugust 21, 2018
A typical day would start at 8am. I would go to the house i worked and give direct care ti disabled adults. I learned patience. The management was poor, but only cause the guidelines were unclear. Any thing I needed i could call consumer direct and they'd solve although my manager in house would get upset, as she was worried her relationship with out clients parents would suffer if they heard from anyone but herself. culture was great! I really felt like I was helping. The hardest part of the job were the lack of benefits. The best part was helping improve clients lives.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
no benefits
Poor management
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Soldotna, AKAugust 16, 2018
Very Poor management, had issues with just about every 2 or 3 paychecks. Refused to pay overtime. Very unorganized and not very helpful when looking for new clientele
Easy to learn but can be stressful
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOAugust 12, 2018
A typical day at work involved waking the client up and remind them to eat and do their chores and reminding them to bath then go about their regular day.
I learned to be quick on my feet and observative
Management took care of any and all problems
Workplace culture took place in the clients home where staff felt it was a little stressful
The hardest part of the job was teaching the client coping skills and reminding her of her meds.
The most enjoyable part of the job was doing fun activities with the cliet
Pros
Great pay and a few days off
Cons
Stressful environment and dificult client
Great
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 5, 2018
It was OK my client was a family member who is deseaed if giving a new client with more hours I would go back but I'm employed through another help care place now
Pros
Good people
Cons
Not enough hrs
Great working schedule
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kenai, AKJuly 31, 2018
Great place to work with individuals. Being able to make your own work schedule with clients. Big learning curve on working with others.The management was hands on helpful.
Pros
Making own work Schedule
Cons
Normally used a lot of gas.
Behavior Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pace, FLJuly 29, 2018
work privately through company for my client. They never check on their employees, I have yet to know any of the office employees. really wont recommend working for this company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Consumer Direct Care Network. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

4.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight