Consumer Direct Care Network Employee Reviews

wondeful place to work.
Elderly Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 11, 2018
very pleasant loved helping out each patient, assisted with personal needs for the patients. was a true pleasure to assist other who needed daily help
Pros
helping others
Cons
no set hours
Tough Job, But Great Company!
Billing Analyst / Authorizations Associate (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTSeptember 1, 2018
Over all, this is a tough job to do and this company fights for every dollar it earns. There is so much fine print to try and follow, procedures are always changing, and sometimes you walk away, frustrated and wondering if you ever do anything right, because some of the managers can be a bit harsh and the job training isn't the greatest, but I do enjoy working for this company. We employ a lot of awesome people who are willing to help you with your daily battles and I have built some true friendships here. Our executive team is very kind and our CEO is a wonderful person to get to know and I would recommend working here. They also offer training classes for excel, skype, Microsoft Dynamics, and other software we use on a regular basis.
Pros
Outdoor walking track, free coffee, free breakfast once a month, great people, and awesome Christmas party.
Cons
Workplace negativity that can be hard to deal with, day to day, and we employ some emotionally unstable people.
Nora good place to work
Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 29, 2018
will never work here again they don't care about their employees or customers. The pay sucks the hours suck they don't reimburse you for gas with all the driving the caregivers so everyday
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
worst company i have ever worked for
Direct Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLAugust 26, 2018
When i did get paid it was only half of what I was supposed to get and when i called to fix the issue I was always told it was my fault that they didn't process the timesheets on time or the correct way.
Pros
Cons
bad pay management and horrible customer service.
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 24, 2018
In my case you don't deal much with consumer direct as a company, it is mostly the family you have been placed with. My interactions with the office had always been good, they are very prompt, helpful, and informative.
Home care Provider
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FL 33351August 22, 2018
It was great working with the patient at there home. Utilize all I learn and making patient comfortable its like taking care of a family member and organizing activates and pleasurable memories and stroll in the parks.
Pros
There home enviorment
Cons
Patient lived till 100 years old
DIRECT CAREGIVER AND LIFE COACH (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDAugust 21, 2018
A typical day would start at 8am. I would go to the house i worked and give direct care ti disabled adults. I learned patience. The management was poor, but only cause the guidelines were unclear. Any thing I needed i could call consumer direct and they'd solve although my manager in house would get upset, as she was worried her relationship with out clients parents would suffer if they heard from anyone but herself. culture was great! I really felt like I was helping. The hardest part of the job were the lack of benefits. The best part was helping improve clients lives.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
no benefits
Poor management
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Soldotna, AKAugust 16, 2018
Very Poor management, had issues with just about every 2 or 3 paychecks. Refused to pay overtime. Very unorganized and not very helpful when looking for new clientele
Easy to learn but can be stressful
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOAugust 12, 2018
A typical day at work involved waking the client up and remind them to eat and do their chores and reminding them to bath then go about their regular day.
I learned to be quick on my feet and observative
Management took care of any and all problems
Workplace culture took place in the clients home where staff felt it was a little stressful
The hardest part of the job was teaching the client coping skills and reminding her of her meds.
The most enjoyable part of the job was doing fun activities with the cliet
Pros
Great pay and a few days off
Cons
Stressful environment and dificult client
Great
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 5, 2018
It was OK my client was a family member who is deseaed if giving a new client with more hours I would go back but I'm employed through another help care place now
Pros
Good people
Cons
Not enough hrs

Want to know more about Consumer Direct Care Network?

Ask a question
Great working schedule
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kenai, AKJuly 31, 2018
Great place to work with individuals. Being able to make your own work schedule with clients. Big learning curve on working with others.The management was hands on helpful.
Pros
Making own work Schedule
Cons
Normally used a lot of gas.
Behavior Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pace, FLJuly 29, 2018
work privately through company for my client. They never check on their employees, I have yet to know any of the office employees. really wont recommend working for this company
you work in your clients homes
emotional support specialist (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, IDJuly 24, 2018
you work with special needs clients in their own homes so the work experience is different for everyone it depends on who you are working with I worked with an awesome family and very sweet girl
Pros
relaxed and flexible
Cons
stressful, short hours
I enjoy working for Consumer Direct.
Home Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTJuly 19, 2018
I enjoy working for Consumer direct I have worked for them for approximately 3 years. I work a part-time position. I would recommend working for Consumer direct to a friend.
Pros
Part-time hours, benefits
Love the clients but they can be hard to find
PCA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Wasilla, AKJuly 6, 2018
Depending on where you work from it can be hard to get hours or you can just get dropped without notice. Consistency is tough and so you never know how many hours you will get.
Pros
Clients!!
Cons
Terrible benefits.
Working in home health is feast or famine.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WIJuly 4, 2018
Being able to keep clients in their homes instead of facilities was a great honor. If you needed something for your clients, the care team worked together to determine the best course of action to achieve the results that best suited the clients needs.
Pros
The care team was great to work with
Cons
loss of clients to facilities or death could change your income instantly
Lies
Elderly Personal Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WIJuly 2, 2018
They refuse to pay you if work extra hours. They have you running all over the place for clients. They have you doing things that are not in your job description. Nothing is true in this company.
working with the disabled in home
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Emmett, IDJune 27, 2018
There were no benefits and no paid time off. working with the mentally challenged is fun, but there were no chances for advancement. Lots of chances to go out into the community. hardest part was dealing with behavioral issues from the client.
Pros
relaxed and easy work
Cons
lack of benefits, no advancement opportunities
Very poor place to work.
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJune 12, 2018
This company was the poorest company I've ever worked for. Consistently shuffled pay to the employees putting many in bad situation while they stalled getting the pay checks to them. Would come up with every excuse in the book to make it appear that it was the employees fault they didn't get paid.
Very poor customer service. Routinely missed getting service to clients when needed. Ignored calls coming in to complain. Would send callers to voice mail so they wouldn't have to talk to them about their complaints.
Pros
idea of helping people in need
Cons
Management the poorest I've ever worked for
An ok place to work if you like a dead end job.
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  IdahoJune 11, 2018
This job is great for someone who is going to school, as long as you are able to go to school around their schedule. I was paid $14 dollars an hour for 25 hours a week. There is no progression with the job, its a base level job and you are as high as you can get in the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Consumer Direct Care Network. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

4.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight