Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Employee Reviews

na
cfpb (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCDecember 28, 2017
the organization has a great mission but is stuck in the middle of politics making it an unpleasant place to work and senior management tends to make the chaos worse.
Decent place to work
Finance and Policy Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 14, 2017
CFPB is decent place to work. The agency has a great mission and has made significant contributions to the lives of many citizens. Many people have received guidance and assistance.
Productive and innovative working environment
Information Security Analyst / ISCM Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 6, 2017
Young agency that has made some great strides in a short period. Productive and innovative working environment. Diversity in age, and ethnic backgrounds Strong IT department with great leadership core.
I love love loved working at CFPB
Records Management Specialist (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 21, 2017
This position was by far, the best position that I have ever worked in. I have never worked with such a great group of people. This agency taught me a lot, as it pertained to banking issues, service members, and the elderly. I developed great working relationships while at the CFPB.
Pros
Lunch and Learn was my favorite. I was able to learn so much about the mission of the company.
Cons
You were only allowed to work there for one year
New Bureau
Attorney (Current Employee) –  Office of the DirectorJuly 19, 2017
There are many challenges at this bureau that need to be addressed by management. However, it is still a new bureau and so there is definitely hope for improvement!
Intense environment
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 26, 2017
This is a new federal agency created in the wake of the mortgage crisis and it is under constant scrutiny from some members of Congress. It is a challenging and stimulating environment. Colleagues are committed to the mission. Managers are not supportive of staff.
Productive working enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 13, 2017
I loved working for the consumer financial protection bureau. They offered help at any hint of trouble either with a difficult caller or if something wasn't easy to understand they were always there. I would love to get the chance to work there again. The callers may get to you or try to get under your skin but it's a simple job. I miss working there.
Pros
Cons
short lunch, difficult callers
Not much to tell
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, dcJanuary 9, 2017
I was a contractor and did not have any inside knowledge of the inner workings of the permanent world. The location was convenient and they were just getting staffed up at the time i was contracted to work there.
Good
Analyst, Service Design, Consumer Response (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 5, 2017
I think it is a good agency to work for. Good job work/life balance, compensation and benefits are good, and job culture is relatively friendly. I recommend.
Productive Workplace
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 1, 2016
As with any employer, there are issues of concerns but cfpb has a long way to go when it comes to the way employees are treated. There needs to be a greater accountability with management as they are not held responsible for accusations of disparate treatment and equal employment opportunity.
Office Style Cubicle Setting Work Environment
Program Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  NoMA Washington DCOctober 27, 2015
Here at the CFPB, I was a Program Analyst Intern. A typical day at work includes coming to your cubicle, checking your email, and working on projects (as assigned). Co-workers are dedicated to what they are doing, some are less-friendly. Hardest part is scrambling for meaningful work as an intern. Most enjoyable, is flexibility and no one is over breathing down your neck.
Pros
Breaks when neccessary
Stability and Flexible schedule but job culture sucks
Senior Quality Monitor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 2, 2015
The pay and benefits are definitely above average. The schedules are also schedule and teleworking is permitted. The job culture and employee relations are strained. Although diversity and inclusion efforts exists, no one takes it seriously. I wouldn't recommend. I would rate 2.5 if I could. The pay is good only because of the career ladder.
Very positive work enviroment
Project Manager/SecTek (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 25, 2015
I really enjoyed my career with CFPB. The managers were very informative in my career growth. I wish the contract could had lasted longer.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Contract Ended
Assist Migration Engineering Team (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 20, 2015
Working at CFPB was great, I would work there, if they hired me or called me back for short term projects. Wonderful people, to be around and work with..
Inspiring place to work
Policy Assistant, Office of Financial Empowerment (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 26, 2015
Constant pace of work is exhilarating and draining simultaneously but coworkers infuse a common sense of purpose.
Hard-working, still defining culture
Attorney Advisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 18, 2015
It's a hard working agency, full of people that care about their work. Operationally and culturally, it's still finding its footing. Promotions are part uber meritocracy and part who got there first, resulting in a chain of command that can feel a little lumpy at times.
Pros
passionate, wonky coworkers
Cons
operationally still figuring things out
Records Management Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 16, 2014
Analyzes management techniques
Storing and indexing records, and ensures staff use file structures properly
Devises and implements records retention and disposal schedules
Develops, maintains, reviews, and documents records systems
Identifies the most appropriate records management resources
Followed the guidelines or the Presidential Memorandum
Makes recommendations for determinations the length of retention for scheduling records for submission to the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), and fosters throughout the Bureau a high degree of voluntary compliance with records laws
Provides guidance and support to internal staff for the proper utilization of an ERMS
compliance
Examiner/Regulator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2014
tax compliance
rules regulations
tax codes
easy job,. reviewing codes and quality control
Consumer federal regulations
Bank Examiner (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 15, 2014
Worked on issues relating to consumer protection. Examined major banks and non-bank entities for complaince with federal consumer regulations.
Great place to work.
Stakeholder Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, D.CAugust 13, 2014
Communicates with internal and external stakeholders in routine situations, such as those related to onboarding and servicing support, providing customer service to enhance the user experience. Follows established talking points, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), and other documents which govern external communications. In non-routine or unexpected situations, gathers information and escalates as appropriate. In routine or standard situations, provides timely and accurate feedback.
Pros
Great work place.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Our community is ready to answer.

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Reviews by Location