Consumer Portfolio Services, Inc.

Consumer Portfolio Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States118 reviews
good benefits and over great place to start not the best for growth and you are making me right this review right now so It has a lot of good characteristics
I worked for this company for almost 3 months,they said they let me go because I wasn't progressing but some how I hit bonus March,April and May. If you ask me I believe they did it because they didn't want to risk paying me unemployment if it didn't work out. A month before I was terminated they laid off 100 people. That same day they made alot of money in the stock market .Seems like white collar gambling to me...
Pros
Pay Incentives
Cons
Micro management, poor training
come in to work, nobody ever said Good Morning not even the supervisors it was a very clicky group of people. There would be days that all I did was just sit at my desk and while I know I have a job to do but if I needed help I could ask my supervisor but I had other co-workers around that just were unwilling to assist. Very uncomfortable setting.
Pros
very casual dress code
Cons
Unfriendly enviroment, Management is not helpful.
Great atmosphere, loved coming to work knowing that I would be in a comfortable enviorment which allows me to focuse on my task at hand. Great management.
Consumer Portfolio Services taught me to always work fast but efficient. I learned a lot of my customer service skills there as well as some computer skills.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
fast paced environment, provides it's employees with great benefits. They provided constant training in new updates with the company systems. Friendly environment.
Its a great wonderful company to work for manager staff was assume also accounts work on a day to day are a challenge but great to work hours at the job are great also
If your territory is not performing, This company has been in the industry and has a name for itself. Make sure your dealers feel good about them or you will spend your time spinning your wheels. Or signing entirely new dealerships up altogether.
Pros
Super benefits
Cons
Stigma of the company in the territory
If you're not Mexican you wont survive, they pick and choose who they like. The watch everything you do. Once clocked in you have to start calling, have to make 50 to 100 calls within a hour. Employee and supervisor talks about everyone,everybody fake and phony. And they will Announce to the world that your fired
Pros
Good ins and Benefits
Cons
No work bal
Weak buy programs.
HOT car approvals are a joke

Management sucks

If you are there for awhile you get cherry picked dealers, etc.

Buy programs are weak vs competition
Pros
Nada
Cons
Favoritism. Joke. Nepotism
They give you your space and freedom to work without too many managers breathing down your neck. They give you your job requirements and you must complete them daily. Very straight forward work environment
Just do your job and be respectful to others. Smile your always on camera so to say. Be attentive to your work handle it promptly to avoid backing up the pipleine.
Watch your back. Supervisor are younger then your little sister. They are self centered and arrogant and will trick on you like they getting a extra bonus check . supervise like talking about people and you can defend yourself because you will get fired. Is a good place to work good benefits the job is easy, come on time. But they need to change 70% of there supervisor staff and hired grownups.
A great job for those who like extreme structure. They give you a list of thing to do each day and then have your team gather to take turns reading the list aloud.
-Customer Service Representative
-Bill Collecting

-Helping re-evaluate customer bills

-Create schedule payments

-Repossession Process

-Follow Up with Customers
I loved working there the pay was great bonuses thier just extremely stricked and you can loose your job very easy they dont give no chances you male a mistake you out the door. Just do your job and go home you will be fine and make sure you be on time. No tolerance for tardyness one time you fired. Other than that its a great company to work for ...bonuses and parties etc.
You can get a incentive bonus after the probationary period. There is also Christmas bonus, prizes to include money at the Christmas parties as well as company cookouts. They also do contests and charity for various organizations monthly. If it wasnt for me relocating I would have loved to continue to be there, they are like family!
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Cant think of any
enjoyed time here good hrs good money good manager
good manager good shift flexible. good bonus good training good work system nice people good location
As an administrative assistant, a typical day at Consumer Portfolio Services is generally self-paced. Occasionally, moments of frustration may arise due to time constraints; however, the details for assigned tasks are easy to adhere to. The entire staff is polite, friendly and people-oriented. The level of professionalism is standard for the type industry that it is. The overall atmosphere at Consumer Portfolio is fun, relaxed and encouraging. Great team effort and support on all levels!
Pros
Casual relaxed atmosphere, benefits
Cons
Clock in and out procedures
Call Center Based and provides good bonus structure.
Good Employee events throughout the year.

Saturdays are required and a few late nights.

Overall good first job for anyone out there.
It's nice to ALWAYS get a full hour lunch break at the same time each day. They pay very fairly for Admin work and the expectations are totally do-able. All of the managers are really great to work with; helpful and kind. Pretty good company culture too, good company picnic and Christmas party. After your 30 days you start with a TON of vacation, floating holiday, and sick time too. The only downside is that some of the other employees have a really bad attitude and impact moral.
Pros
One Hour Lunch Break, Work Life Balance, Pto
Cons
Other Employees Moral
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Consumer Portfolio Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
2.8
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight