CONSUMER PORTFOLIO SERVICES Employee Reviews

cps
Sr.Collections (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 7, 2018
I love working at cps .but the Management was to much. the pay is good and the bonus when you hit goal. they need to work on there
management skills.Cps like to promote new supervisor that don't know what they are doing.
Pros
lunch was cool there
Cons
healthcare and 401k is amazing
Great Company
Client & Account Manager & Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 4, 2018
The company is very diverse and have lots of culture. There's not a lot of micromanaging but they do hold you accountable and expect you to do your job.
Pros
Diversity, Culture, and flexible work schedule
Cons
Commission could be better
Very productive, fast pace and fun environment.
Collector and new employee trainer (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILNovember 14, 2018
I had about 240 calls to make a day. I had to make sure I completed my task everyday. I was making calls to debtors who were late on their car notes. The hardest part was hitting your goal. But when you did hit your goal you and a bonus check at the end of each pat period.
Pros
Free lunches and gift cards
Cons
had to work one late night.
Very rewarding
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLOctober 30, 2018
It's rewarding because of the people I work with and for the customers I assist. It's also amazing at all the incentives provided. There is an annual bonus paid out every year as well as monthly incentives.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful
Make the calls and keep your promises to the dealers and they will place there business with.
Account manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 16, 2018
I worked with franchise and independent dealerships that had anywhere from 25 to 1000's of cars in inventory. Helped work the numbers in the structure so the dealer would minimize fees in application and either help keep the front end in place and or add money in the back end to maximize value for dealership and help move their inventory.
Pros
work hard and the money is there
Cons
Ridge at times on buying dealership deals
healthy and effective work enviroment
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 15, 2018
CPS Inc was a pretty standard line of work for an entree position for a lender. We did sub prime car loans. I spent the whole day essentially spam calling insurance companies, employers, the customer them-self as well as other points of contact needed to fund the customers loan. My job was basically to be a private investigator for our customers. I confirmed who they were and that their information is accurate so we can proceed with helping them buy their car. I learned about many different things at CPS such as how credit works, how the process for a loan works, how to achieve information in a quick and timely matter. I learned about customer service and how to give customers a quick turn around. The hardest part of the job for sure was keeping up during busy season or tax season. luckily you work in teams and if you get ahead or behind someone is there to help you out. I certainly learned how import it is to have people you can count on and how to be dependable for your other employees. My favorite part about the job was the endless knowledge about the industry that my manager would provide me. She helped me learn so much about so many different parts of the finance industry and it really helped me move forward in my own life as well as an employee. I have also worked for companies where everything is a secret and you aren't allowed to ask questions about your job or why things operate the way they do. That seems to be a negative work environment for employees who want to understand the business to move forward. I am thankful for my time and knowledge i gained  more... working for CPS Inc.  less
Love this Company
Collector (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLAugust 11, 2018
The management staff is amazing especially the VP. Bonuses every month available up to 1K a month or more in various positions. There are also amazing co-workers. It's a lot like working with family. Mostly set schedule is also great. It's also great that there are different departments one can work in. I've been there almost 11 yrs and the company has gotten better and better every year over the last 3-4 yrs.
Pros
Bonuses and all benefits provided are more than most companies provide
Cons
Stressful
Good job
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILAugust 9, 2018
It’s a good place to work. Supervisors were always willing to help. There was training opportunities available. You were left to work at your own pace. Team work was strongly encouraged
Pros
Team work. Donated to charities. Employee incentives
Cons
Attendance policy. Point system.
I have learned a lot
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 20, 2018
- Assist Clients with auto loans
- Answer telephones and engaged in great Customer Service
- Coach clients on how the payment processes
-Update clients on the status of their payments
Worst Company I have ever worked for
Collector (Former Employee) –  Howard Hughes Dr Las VegasJune 16, 2018
This company is so detrimental to our society its ridiculous. The expectations that you not do anything other than smile and dial are ludacris. Would not recommend working here unless you are desperate and can handle and unappreciative management team. All of whom look down on their employees.
This company will work you to the bone and say you did not do enough.
Pros
Nice starting base horrible commission though max at a $1000
Cons
Too many to name one by one, Floor is poor employees talk bad about managment continuously because the are under appreciated.
My experience and thoughts at Consumer Portfolio Services
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJune 5, 2018
Consumer Portfolio Services is a great job to improve your knowledge, customer service, analytical, and decision making skills. This company gives you a chance to grow even with no prior experience and walks you through it every step of the way.
Pros
Provides you with all the trainging you need with a great work enviroment
Cons
miscommunication, expect for so much to be done perfectly in a short amount of time within calls
Consumer Portfolio Services was an interesting place to work
Legal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 4, 2018
I learned alot about collections. the motivating factors for the collectors as well as the procedures we practiced in the legal department where I worked.
fun
Credit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 15, 2018
I liked working there it was a great working environment im not sure whyi have to write this but Itt was a cool company that i would work for again. in the near futute
best place to work
Title Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 8, 2018
one of the best place to work, good environment and the management make sure you are happy on your job. when I started working at CPS I thought I will have a hard time coping on the job but I was wrong. working back in the Philippines as a customer service representative servicing clients here in the U.S is a big factor I am already familiar with the system and how to deal with different kinds of people. CPS trusted me and hired me even though I am just new here in the U.S I think my credentials helps a lot too, that is why in return I am doing my very best to be one of their best employee. and in return they acknowledge my hard work they gave me an employee of the quarter award last 2016 and recently I got the above and beyond award and I am so proud of it, CPS knows how to appreciate the effort of their people,
Pros
free food once a month
Cons
incresase
High turnover
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILApril 26, 2018
No customer service, they run out of important items often, items are constantly mismatched with prices, and they should not be open after 10pm if they will have barely any lanes open....they they always have plenty of people working the night shift. Just go to Crestwood.
Great coworkers but management discriminates
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 4, 2018
Discrimination at a all time high at the Chesapeake Virginia location.Wouldn't recommend anyone to feel comfortable going to management especially Khadijah.Very unprofessional with the workforce atmosphere.Beware.
Pros
Great workers
Cons
poor management
The paycheck only advantage
Collections Representative II (Former Employee) –  Maitland flApril 2, 2018
Hostile work environment created by Managers , I have been in business over 30 years and have never worked in such a horrible place , THE managers back each other up right or wrong , such a bad work environment, I was in Collections department , company uses illegal tactics to collect they have been sued previously not going to change they have same managers and same owner
Pros
Cons
illega collection tactics
Great company to work for
Credit/Underwriter/Processor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 19, 2018
Consumer Portfolio Services was a great company to work for, company had a lot to offer and learned a lot from the company I was given the opportunity to get experience and learn the business.
Best employer ever!
Collections Collector (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLMarch 18, 2018
I've never felt so important and valued as an employee and as a human being working with Consumer Portfolio. They truly embody everything that one could ask for in a work environment that is health, happy, productive, motivational, empowering other to strive for they're best.
Great Place to work
Sacramento-Modesto/ Field Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 16, 2018
Fast paced work environment with all the support you can ask for from a large company like CPS. Its like working with a family that knows how to hustle.
Pros
Lunches for Clients provided
Cons
Pay not geographically aligned