Consumer Support Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great place.
Himemaker (Former Employee) –  New Philadelphia, OHNovember 27, 2018
I really enjoyed work here. I only left cause I was in a car accident and was written off work. The individuals that you work with are amazing. Staff and consumers alike.
Pros
Spendung time with consumers
Cons
Little help
If you want to regret coming to work on a daily basis. Work here.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 21, 2018
The job is entirely underpaid for what you are expected to do. You only recieve .26 cents per mile for traveling. You will ruin your car with the amount of travel expected. There is constant turnover within the homes leaving it to management to work hours that are exempt from overtime. The office is the single most negative environment that can be produced. There are no incentives for anyone in the company. If your managers do not want to do their job it is your fault as PC. You will be having to do things that you were not educated or told about and made to feel about 2 feet tall if you do not miraculously know how. You will hear things about you that are not true, that the entire company, including those in the office are talking about. Worst work experience of my life.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
All else.
Job
Staff (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 20, 2018
Working with clients great the company is horrible management horrible time staffing horrible and more no money in the a company lack of understanding
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Everything else
Poor management
Care giver (Former Employee) –  New Philadelphia, OHNovember 3, 2018
The director is rude and very cut throat. The house Manager likes to assault staff with water and the Main office doesn’t do anything about it. Staffing is poor i broke a rib due to getting jumped by a resident over poor staffing.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Staffing/management/not paid enough for the beatings you get.
I loved working with the developmentally disabled
Supervisor/ scheduler (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHOctober 18, 2018
When staff called off and shifts were not able to be filled, supervisors had to work that shift. I sometimes worked 16-18 hours a day, 2-3 days in a row. It's very busy, never a dull moment. Upper management just didn't seem to appreciate what the good ones did. I don't expect a pat on that back, but when you're a hard worker and you care about what you do, and go above and beyond, then I think that speaks a lot about a person.
Pros
Working with the developmentally disabled
Cons
Working with back stabbers
Very good people to work with and for!
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Greenville, OHOctober 11, 2018
Working for this company has given me many opportunities to receive on job training and health care related certifications, overall working here has been an amazing opportunity and a way to further gain patients and people skills.
Very important work is done.
Columbus, OH Team Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  3660 Corporate DriveOctober 8, 2018
CSS was a wonderful place to work outside of the office. However the lack of consistency with management was frustrating. Working with the clients was the jewel of the job.
Pros
Travel
Cons
playing favorites
Was a good place to work at
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHOctober 4, 2018
Was ok to employees was good with all the clients, they helped when u needed them to. They had good training meetings. They were good at placing you in a with a good home
Ok
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHAugust 29, 2018
Ok to work sometimes but should have benefits and bonuses for staff. All staff feel as if they are treated unfair. The turn around rate is very high and staff is often stuck st work because of calloffs
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No bonuses incentives or staff appreciation
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHAugust 28, 2018
Love this job. Work with your hours super well. On top of any concerns employees have for the clients. They reimburse employees for lunch and dinners bought with clients and from travel.
Safe working environment
HPC (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 14, 2018
My client was seriously ill at night and as an onsite on call staff I had to used my skills and working experience to take the client to the ER for medical attention and that help greatly to the client health and safety requirement and right to medical care attention.
Job Security
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indepence, OHAugust 14, 2018
Plenty of room for advancement within the company. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the consumers and hearing how much they liked the employees who took care of them.
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHAugust 9, 2018
Overall I enjoyed working here. Great working environment. Everyone at the office is very nice. The company treats there employees and clients the way they are suppose to be treated.
Pros
Great staff, clients and management
Tension
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 7, 2018
Everyday, clean up, catch up with the currently active of client.

I learned how to do CPR, maintaining the medicine, clean, help the disable client.

Hardest part of the job would be having huge patience with clients.

Enjoyable is you get to see vary people, area.

Help the disable people with their living.
Pros
food, gas that include the client would be cover
Cons
Patience, Alot of patience
Stressful
Worksite Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHJuly 2, 2018
The company started off wonderful until new management took over. With friends hiring friends how could you find peace. Management was all about self. If you have a problem with your manager you couldn't speak about it because the director and manager are best friends. The best thing about the company was the individuals we served. This company lost a lot of great workers due to poor management.
Pros
Company vehicles, individauls
Cons
Poor management
I don't have a summary
Home Personal Caregiver (Former Employee) –  New Philadelphia, OHJune 25, 2018
I don't have a summary, each person that works there has their own opinion of the company and the things that go on within the company.They would have to ask each individual person about there experience of working there. I enjoyed working with the consumers and seeing them do things for themselves.
Pros
some staff members are great to work with
Cons
no enough staff
Not a very productive company
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHJune 20, 2018
Job was stressful, managers made it more stressful. Employees constantly gossiping and talking trash about each other, management does nothing about this. When Consumers with psychological disorders were brought into the company, it takes way too long to get them into proper care facilities, so those of us without proper training were left to deal with problems we're not equipped to handle. Employees punished for false accusations.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
management, stressful environment
Nice Workplace
Receptionist/Clinical Records Support (Former Employee) –  Owosso, MIJune 14, 2018
This job as others has its bad and good about it. Yes it can be stressful as any job maybe, but you do meet alot of new people.
I learned some different computer programs.
Poor
Reminding/assisting client (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 12, 2018
Performing personal care tasks. Ensure client safety and maintaining a safe environment. Assisting with toileting. Reminding/assisting client with medications. Documenting services provided. Performing home management functions such as light housekeeping, laundry, and cleaning. Planning meals, preparing and serving food/meals, feeding and clean-up, Accompanying clients to appointments. Transporting clients.
Don't do it to yourself
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHJune 6, 2018
If you can please take time and look for reliable employment elsewhere. unprofessional work environment, unstable schedule, and things appear to be mishandled

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Consumer Support Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight