Consumer Support Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Safe working environment
HPC (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 14, 2018
My client was seriously ill at night and as an onsite on call staff I had to used my skills and working experience to take the client to the ER for medical attention and that help greatly to the client health and safety requirement and right to medical care attention.
Job Security
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indepence, OHAugust 14, 2018
Plenty of room for advancement within the company. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the consumers and hearing how much they liked the employees who took care of them.
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHAugust 9, 2018
Overall I enjoyed working here. Great working environment. Everyone at the office is very nice. The company treats there employees and clients the way they are suppose to be treated.
Pros
Great staff, clients and management
Tension
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 7, 2018
Everyday, clean up, catch up with the currently active of client.

I learned how to do CPR, maintaining the medicine, clean, help the disable client.

Hardest part of the job would be having huge patience with clients.

Enjoyable is you get to see vary people, area.

Help the disable people with their living.
Pros
food, gas that include the client would be cover
Cons
Patience, Alot of patience
Stressful
Worksite Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHJuly 2, 2018
The company started off wonderful until new management took over. With friends hiring friends how could you find peace. Management was all about self. If you have a problem with your manager you couldn't speak about it because the director and manager are best friends. The best thing about the company was the individuals we served. This company lost a lot of great workers due to poor management.
Pros
Company vehicles, individauls
Cons
Poor management
I don't have a summary
Home Personal Caregiver (Former Employee) –  New Philadelphia, OHJune 25, 2018
I don't have a summary, each person that works there has their own opinion of the company and the things that go on within the company.They would have to ask each individual person about there experience of working there. I enjoyed working with the consumers and seeing them do things for themselves.
Pros
some staff members are great to work with
Cons
no enough staff
Not a very productive company
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHJune 20, 2018
Job was stressful, managers made it more stressful. Employees constantly gossiping and talking trash about each other, management does nothing about this. When Consumers with psychological disorders were brought into the company, it takes way too long to get them into proper care facilities, so those of us without proper training were left to deal with problems we're not equipped to handle. Employees punished for false accusations.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
management, stressful environment
Nice Workplace
Receptionist/Clinical Records Support (Former Employee) –  Owosso, MIJune 14, 2018
This job as others has its bad and good about it. Yes it can be stressful as any job maybe, but you do meet alot of new people.
I learned some different computer programs.
Poor
Reminding/assisting client (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 12, 2018
Performing personal care tasks. Ensure client safety and maintaining a safe environment. Assisting with toileting. Reminding/assisting client with medications. Documenting services provided. Performing home management functions such as light housekeeping, laundry, and cleaning. Planning meals, preparing and serving food/meals, feeding and clean-up, Accompanying clients to appointments. Transporting clients.
Don't do it to yourself
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHJune 6, 2018
If you can please take time and look for reliable employment elsewhere. unprofessional work environment, unstable schedule, and things appear to be mishandled
Hope this helps
HPC (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHMay 26, 2018
Consumer support services was a great place to work for because of the clients there was advancement and great opportunities, I met a lot of great people, but so as the home managers they could have done a little better, but I do give them a lot of credit because if they have 180 open hours that nobody wants to cover they have to cover it some are rude some are great but that is honestly ANYWHERE. I’ve contacted the union a few times for a few different things but they were never really there for me when I needed them !
great job
CRPS, Certified Recovery Peer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 18, 2018
Great jo company to work . Great benefits, Flexible . Everybody was so helpful and understanding. Learned a lot from my peers and supervisor. all around great working environment.
Pros
good benfits
Cons
they went out of bussiness
Group homes
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHMay 3, 2018
Talk to staff that is just coming off shift pick up clients that don't get a ride pass meds make dinner do whatever activity the client wants to do go out or stay in pass meds shower and get ready for bed.
clients are very violent
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHApril 25, 2018
If you need a job they will hire you. You will have to work every weekend and holiday. Clients can be very violent and the workers are not protected. You have to have a lot of patience.
Pros
over time
Cons
hours no first shirt are really available must work all hoildays
Caring work place
HPC (Former Employee) –  Lake/Geauga countyFebruary 25, 2018
The management takes time to talk about your personal problems if your having any. When you ask for help, they step in to find a possible solution. They work as a team and have their employees and individuals best interest. All employees who have and still work for them know they turely do care and try their best to help even though they have a lot on their plates as well. Best place I ha e ever worked.
Pros
Management take time for your personal issues and always stop to lend a listening ear
Cons
Working a lot of hours due to being short staffed and HR doesn’t care.
Good but has some issues
Client Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHFebruary 5, 2018
The job in itself is very good and worth while but dealing with management can be complicated. Working with the clients is the best part of the job and you get to impact someones life who needs maybe a little help to a lot.
Highly Stressful
SITE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJanuary 25, 2018
Working with consumers is the best part of the job. High turn over rate and HR isn't ever in a hurry to hire new employees. Always short staffed. Usually work 12+ hours at a time. Employees burn out quickly. Great job if you want no life.
Pros
Consumers
Cons
Management, Pay, High Turnover Rate
Clients were the only upside to this place.
Care taker (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHJanuary 22, 2018
Treated horrible, signed to work certain hours then pulled and forced to work at another house when my assigned hours had been initialed by my self and supervisor. If I wasn't in agreement with any official of higher power, I was threatened with being fired
Pros
The clients gave me a sense of fufillment
Cons
The managment, hours up to almost 80 a week with no reguards to my life outside of work, poor pay, no consistent employees, they were gone in 3 days sometimes
Over worked. Not cared about.
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHJanuary 22, 2018
No matter how much you work for this company they do not care about their employers. You are just a person they can place to fill the hours. Do not recommend working here unless you want to be over worked and not cared about as an employee. They are not flexible with hours. They could careless that it’s a job and not your life. They don’t believe you have a life outside of work. The office have family working together and they show favoritism towards those. The office staff is very unorganized.
Pros
Cons
Over worked. Unappreciated.
Never the same day
Life Coach (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHJanuary 2, 2018
Loved working with my clients. You make your schedule that you work and it is for 2 week rotation. You are required to work everyother weekend. Plus be on call every so often. Your days are never the same. Over time is always available up to 60 hours a week.
Pros
Over time always available and never the same
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Consumer Support Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight