Container and Packaging Supply

• Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

New management is diminishing the culture.

Under ownership of the McCauley's the company embraced honor, excellence, and empathy, but the new leadership is missing a lot of marks and losing good people because of it. Their culture used to be growth-minded and full of opportunities to grow and advance, but now leadership will say one thing but mean something else. They expect us to communicate clearly, but won't communicate with us clearly. It's sad to see such a great company lose its way. Everyone in leadership is LDS and that unfortunately plays heavily into the way things are ran.

Benefits

Cons

Unclear communication, unclear expectations, toxic work enviroment

Great company focused on values

I've been with Container and Packaging for a few months now and am very impressed by their values and principles. They are more than just words. They strive for honor and growth in every position. I can understand why this rubs some people the wrong way but for me, I love being with a company that isn't just focused on the bottom line. I love that they keep track of everyone's hours. At first, I thought that was weird, as a salary employee, that I have to sign in and out but they take work/life balance very serious and if you work 4 10 hour days, you get to take a day off (at least in my position).

Pros

Free lunch, flex time

Cons

No 401k

Good pay with a bad culture.

Container and Packaging could be a great career but the management and culture hold it back. They do not measure success by typical measures like sales, commission, quotes sent, converted quotes, and other measurable data. The management believes in keeping your job in questions. They never give praise or acknowledgement for a job well done. They take customers away from sales representatives that have established good working relationships and give them to sales representatives they deem more just to receive. Education of company procedures is nonexistent and so you have to learn as you go. They expect you to know what they want without providing reasonable expectations.

Pros

2 weeks paid time off

Cons

Sales Management, Culture in general

GReart place to work

This job was probably the best job I ever had. The company Focuses on personal growth of every employee there. There businesses practices are fair and hones they are good people and helped me to be a better person everyday that I was there.

Pros

fun and friendly

Cons

healthcare

Competitive pay, negative work environment

I enjoyed the work I did at CPS as well as the flexibility and benefits. However, the work culture is negative and close-minded. Be prepared to be micro-managed and ostracized if you do not fit into their specific mold. The company is predominantly LDS and is very open about it (read: not approving if you are not LDS, holds group prayers before each monthly luncheon). Autonomy and shyness is not acceptable either.

Pros

Free monthly lunch, good benefits

Cons

Negative culture, close-minded management

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Container and Packaging Supply?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Container and Packaging Supply. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9