Contech Engineered Solutions LLC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
career advancement
Stormwater Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ashland, VAJune 25, 2018
best advancement is for entry-level hires into the company.
supports work at home for sales personnel.
provides necessary training and outside education.
Pros
flexibile work environment
Cons
static career growht
Good Place to Work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHMarch 19, 2018
Good Job, Challenging Work, Fun Work Environment, Good Company Culture, Team Environment, Everyone did what it takes to get the job done, Benefits went down with acquistion
Dishonest Interviews from the start
Not saying, still there (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJanuary 24, 2018
Was hired to do a job I agreed too, once started was given a totally different job that no one wanted because it was back breaking/ dirty / filty job all day. Must wear uniforms, long sleeve, hard hats for 10 hrs all year long. No heat or air in warehouse.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything but the pay
Positive Expereience
Logistics Intern (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJanuary 23, 2018
Worked there for the summer of 2017 as an intern, and overall, everyone I worked with was fantastic. Very positive work environment, worked in small, close nit teams, everyone was willing to help when needed, and every day each member came to work in a good mood.
it was a great job
Welder/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  El Mirage, AZJanuary 23, 2018
Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits. Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, flux-cored arc, plasma arc, shielded metal arc, resistance welding, and submerged arc welding. Set up, operate, or tend welding machines that join or bond components to fabricate metal products or assemblies. Read blueprints, work orders, or production schedules to determine product or job instructions or specifications.
No advancement
Plant Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLJanuary 22, 2018
Management gave no additional training to expand job skills. Office politics were ridiculous. Management never did their job by reviewing personnel. When there was a problem, they just transferred people.
Pros
hours
Cons
office politics
Great Place to work
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 15, 2018
Do your job and no one will bother you! Very laid back and understanding company. They go above and beyond and really care about there employees. I enjoyed working for this company but unfortunately due to my circumstances I cant go back, best employer I've worked for in a long time.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Pay is ok
can be very stressfull
Welder/Fabricator plasma fork lift operator (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, MNJanuary 5, 2018
some times it is hard to work with older guys they don't want to change and don't want to do things a different way or find a easer way to do the job requiered
Great pay and nice mangment
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHDecember 19, 2017
Work hard and show up every day on time and you will have a job it's not a hard job just have to work and keep your self busy it really is a good job just would work and get to know everything they have to learn
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Only one break
Good Place to work
Customer Solutions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 16, 2017
Great people to work with, good pay. Can be very stressful from time to time. Recently acquired by another company. The benefits suffered during the acquisition and it is still very shaky dealing with the parent company.
A very high paced place to work, with some fun mixed in
Plant Clerk (Former Employee) –  Metamora, ILOctober 24, 2017
This job was a very high paced job, but with everyone working together things ran smoothly.
I learned the production side of a business, and transportation.
Pros
work hours
Cons
it is a season working place, (winter is very slow)
Fine Company to work for
Bridge Consultant (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MEOctober 15, 2017
Contech is focused on getting the best out of their employees. My manager was skilled and gave me a lot of autonomy. The culture depends on the office that you work out of. There is certainly a feeling of comradery.
Decent But A Mess
Plant Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHOctober 6, 2017
Not a bad place to work as long as you're not in the office. Paperwork came up missing, invoices submitted late and management had no idea what was going on.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad management
Work Place
CAD Technician, Precast Engineering (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHSeptember 24, 2017
Working with the Precast Bridge group, I created the contract and fabrication drawings for engineers. I also worked on specialty products. It was easy to get along with almost everyone that worked at the company. The hardest part was getting along with my manager.
Had the material we needed easy to talk to management
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Kemah, TXSeptember 20, 2017
A typical work day started out by reviewing steps and tasks that need to be done looking over blueprints Gathering material and executing the task at hand. When one task was done we moved on to another management would have another one lined out for us already.
Pros
Management was very understandable if we needed time off for family
Yard Coordinator/Driver (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOSeptember 14, 2017
I've enjoyed my position entirely and wish I could continue my employment. I looked forward to the security and benefits. My superior's and co-workers were easy to get along with as well.
Not a great place to work.
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Winchester, KYAugust 29, 2017
Working for this company home life and health will come second. Over all moral stays low. Needs improved management. Working conditions are below par.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Poor management
Productive and very stressful during the summer season
Mill operator/ forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, WAAugust 11, 2017
A very stressful job during the summer season. Lack of appreciation from management and office staff. The crew is good they help keep the morale up when things tend to get exhausting.
Pros
Alot of overtime
Cons
Poor management and office staff. No appreciation
Unfortunate Merger with Quikrete
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 8, 2017
Contech used to be a quality place of employment. However, the recent merger with Quikrete has been a terrible turn of events which puts undue amounts of stress at the plant level with no accountability of upper and executive management to provide any sort of identifiable leadership. Direction is confused and in disarray, with no clear chain of command. Quikrete has no idea what they have purchased in Contech, and will not allow a company that operated well previously continue to operate in that manner. Thus, the application of Quikrete culture and management into Contech has been extremely detrimental to the health of Contech's workforce, with many resignations at mid and upper levels. This is already working to destroy the small teams at plant level as leadership is being replaced with younger, less experienced managers who will have to become "yes" managers.
Pros
Management bonuses, management fleet vehicles
Cons
Undefined leadership and vision, terrible benefits package, corporate culture that refuses inclusiveness
Cont
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 8, 2017
Small Company, good welding team, galvanized metal toxic and tasks here were repetitive. Long days, cold in winter in shops. I learned how to wire feed weld lug nuts and galvanized metal storm drain water retention systems.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Contech Engineered Solutions LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

4.0Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight