Contemporary Arts Center Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great place to work.
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 9, 2017
Great company. Great people. Fun environment. It's always a good night when I go and bartend. Seeing all the art work is always a bonus as well. Highly recommend it.
This is a wonderful environment to work in. Children are always full of energy!
Artistic Director (Current Employee) –  Corinth, MSJanuary 8, 2017
The dancers and martial arts students are eager to learn. There is never any two days that are exactly alike. It's wonderful watching young people learn new skills.
Pros
Tax write-offs for business meals
Cons
Several hours of work that are not necessarily compensated for, but I love the work.
Inspiring and Exciting workplace
Special Events Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 1, 2013
I loved working for the Contemporary Arts Center.
To be surrounded by creative and passionate people everyday made me feel alive and optimistic for the future. I am heavily invested in the arts, both musical and visual, so to be in this type of environment was very comforting.

I worked with event production for the Whitney White Linen Night, Art for Art's Sake, and Bourbon & Burlesque events that are hosted by the CAC each year. I collaborated with a number of different vendors to set up along a six block stretch of Julia St. in the Central Business District of New Orleans. I served as the liaison between the CAC and these vendors as well as the volunteers for the event. I also generated a production plan for Whitney White Linen Night, which is a 40,000 person event in August.

The hardest part of this job is to learn to set boundaries. I am the type of individual who will work relentlessly and skip meals to make sure that everything gets taken care of. I learned quickly that one's body and mind must be healthy to effectively carry out a project.

I thrive in the fast paced environment which comes with event production. I enjoy organizing the logistics of each event and ensuring that every detail is carried out to absolute perfection.

My time at the CAC inspired me to continue in event production, namely that which deals with the arts. I enjoy being surrounded by creative types and learning about new music and media. My position at the CAC exposed me to artists that have instilled a profound adoration for the industry.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 26, 2012
Good people in a good work environment. I opened the building 5 days a week. Greeted people as they came in. Answered the phones and transferred call as needed. Took in admission money for Gallery visitors. Sold tickets for theatrical events and in house parties.
Pros
good schedule, variety of experiences
Cons
lots of turnover in upper management positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Contemporary Arts Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6