Continental Carbonic Products Employee Reviews

Work/Life Balance doesn't exist with this Company & too many stupid decisions
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Clearfield, PANovember 12, 2018
Coming up on 1 year at this place and the location used to me a great location and now it is only so-so. Used to look forward to coming to work due to Plant Manager being engaged on the floor with us, working with us, and also backing us up. Since early September when Corporate made a change with the Plant Manager that none of us understood, we don't have the same enthusiasm on the floor, don't have the same interaction with the management on the floor, and we don't see the managers on the floor as much as we used to. Seems too segregated now.

Lots of folks now looking for other work due to atmosphere at the plant. We were promised quarterly reviews and quarterly raises by Corporate HR when they hired us. Too much waffling on that now within the company.

When folks don't show up for work, we are told we have to give them Mandatory OT. Managers don't care what else we have in our lives. It's only about the Ice.
Pros
Floor Personnel are like family, most want to work, maintenance manager is the hardest working person I've worked with.
Cons
Too much interference from Corporate Management, Cold Working Conditions, Lack of Work/Life Balance, Getting rid of good Plant Manager, Managers now wanting us to only put positive reviews on internet.
Great place to work.
Assistant Operator (Current Employee) –  Clearfield, PANovember 10, 2018
It’s a manufacturing job. If you don’t understand how that works then maybe the job isn’t for you. Our plant is a great place to work. The hours are long but the time off is just as good. The shift I’m on has great people and we all look out for each other.
Pros
The time off. Benefits, and the crew and staff
Great place to work!
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILNovember 9, 2018
There is plenty of opportunity for job advancement or career changes not only within our office, but as there are constantly new locations being opened. My manager is accomodating and we work as a team to get tasks accomplished. We have great benefits such as the wellness program and the job pushes me to grow and is rewarding when job is completed. I love learning new tasks associated with my job and the welcoming atmosphere i experience every day!
Pros
Wellness program, great management, great atmosphere
Beware
Manager (Former Employee) –  CarolineNovember 4, 2018
As wood be expected you need to be a hard working dedicated employee, but the company wants more.
2 sick days a year and only 6 holidays and most employees had to work the holidays .
Upper management pushed safty, but it was all make baleave.
New company purchased company 3 years ago and thats when the company's concern for it's employees vanished. Don't work here, you and your family will suffer.
Great company
Professional Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Loudon, TNNovember 2, 2018
Great company to work for. Top pay of .45 per mile is top pay. You only get more pay if you work up north. Other than that the company is great along with the office staff and other drivers.
Pros
Constant work
Cons
Top pay only .45 per mile
Good opportunity.
Operations, Plant, Mgr (Former Employee) –  Brookhaven, MS 39601October 19, 2018
Thank you, for this opportunity to work with a progressive company; Many opportunities to grow and learn; hires from within; Solutions abound to work here.
Pros
lots of opportunity to learn
Cons
high humidity / climate (out of company control)
Former driver after years of service no respect
Driver (Former Employee) –  Loudon, TNOctober 3, 2018
Like the product I don't care much for the dispatch to self-absorbed to think about others and what they need from week to week and it's all about what you can do for your dispatcher not for you so if you don't mind working for someone like that is a good place but you will never get your miles
Pros
Nice coworkers but everyone complains about how the office runs the loads in the front office
Cons
Don't come to work here
Distribution Admin.
Administrative Assistant to the Distribution Team (Former Employee) –  Loudon, TNSeptember 7, 2018
It was a very fast paced job, accuracy is key at CCPI in the office and also in the plant. I enjoyed most everyone I worked with, but for me it was not the professional environment I was used to and I needed a more structured office setting.
Pros
Good Pay and Good Benefits
Cons
Management was not very professional with office staff
Family oriented company
Apply received money
Review large chain accounts
Organize records of payment
Review customer profiles
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Expensive health care
Good job decent pay
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Albion, MIJune 10, 2018
I was young when I worked there and it showed me a lot about life. It was hard work but I am glad I stuck it out because it instilled a great work ethic in me that has only gotten better with time.
maintenance technician
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Albion, MIApril 24, 2018
Had the opportunity to work for Chad in the maintenance department for just under a year.

Never have i been treated with such respect from the get go from a boss. He never once made me feel as if the company was more important than my well being.

He brought the guys together and we worked as a team.

I was very sad to leave, but had to for family reasons.
Could be a amazing place.
Production Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILApril 16, 2018
Put in 4.5 years my first time there and 2 my second. It has its ups and downs the main flaws being improper management. If you do take a job here just watch who you trust and try to stay to yourself.
Productive and fast paced
Cut block / Processing (Current Employee) –  Pekin, ILMarch 24, 2018
I like Continental because there’s always something to do. You may have a couple minutes of downtime, but for the most part you’re working at a fast pace.
Pros
Laid-back management
Cons
Short breaks
Sink or swim type of business with vertualy no training.
Manufacturing Production Team Member (Current Employee) –  Beatrice, NEMarch 18, 2018
There is no structure in the ability of building teams per shift and communication from crew to crew in issues, whats live run and or anything pertaining to maintenance of equipment. No human resource, safety has no since of what the real issues are that the workers face everyday always shooting from the hip and using videos for training purposes with lack of really understanding that the true safety issue out on the floor is ergonomic. Absolutely no team efforts.
Pros
The hours and days off on two week rotation are great.
Cons
lack of proper management and communication none.
Branch Manager
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMarch 11, 2018
Great company to work for. This company does promote from with in the company, and the pay scale is very good. The only negative thing about this company is the President.
Poor unethical management
DISTRIBUTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  ALBION, MIMarch 8, 2018
Asked both managers and drivers to falsify logs and bypass federal regulations, then gave drivers writeups when caught later.

Refused osha inspectors, trained management on how to prevent/delay them from entering the premises.
Ok place to work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  MarylandMarch 3, 2018
Too much paperwork , drivers don't like cameras in your face always, can't go the speed limit, too much micromanagement.....
The crew is great bunch of guys
I like routes and customers
If company hadn't lied about raises and bonuses I would have too much bad to say about Company
Pros
My co-workers
Cons
Cameras I the trucks always on, not allowed to drive over 64mph, lied about raises and bonuses
A terrible place to work
Block line Team Member (Former Employee) –  Albion, MI 49224February 11, 2018
Unorganized, from the front office all the way through the whole factory. Despite being highly unorganized, they try to force out the maximum amount of product daily, whether they have adequete staffing or not. This creates a toxic environment, one in which you are pushed to rush to keep up daily, though they claim they don't condone rushing, they force you to work as fast as you can....very dangerous! The pay is way too low at all levels, giving you literally no incentive to want to advance.
Pros
3 day weekends every other weekend, and a short workweek everyother week.
Cons
Healthcare is expensive, wages are low, safety standards are almost non-existant.
Wasnt horrible. Had worse.
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Beatrice, NEFebruary 7, 2018
Not bad. Just long shifts. Makes it hard to do anything with family or friends. You meet yourself coming and going, pay is excellent though!! Good group of people
Cons
12 hour shifts
good place to work
Production Block Line (Former Employee) –  Greenville, OHFebruary 7, 2018
God place to work. Pay is not bad, many oppurtunities for bonuses. Management very easy to work with. Only down fall for me was lack of carreer progression. You work with dry ice so hands get cold alot.
I would go back to work for this company. More pros than cons.
Pros
Good pay, bonuses, understanding management team
Cons
cold, lack of carreer progression

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Continental Carbonic Products. Our community is ready to answer.