Continental Carbonic Products Employee Reviews

Apply received money
Review large chain accounts
Organize records of payment
Review customer profiles
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Expensive health care
Good job decent pay
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Albion, MIJune 10, 2018
I was young when I worked there and it showed me a lot about life. It was hard work but I am glad I stuck it out because it instilled a great work ethic in me that has only gotten better with time.
maintenance technician
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Albion, MIApril 24, 2018
Had the opportunity to work for Chad in the maintenance department for just under a year.

Never have i been treated with such respect from the get go from a boss. He never once made me feel as if the company was more important than my well being.

He brought the guys together and we worked as a team.

I was very sad to leave, but had to for family reasons.
Could be a amazing place.
Production Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILApril 16, 2018
Put in 4.5 years my first time there and 2 my second. It has its ups and downs the main flaws being improper management. If you do take a job here just watch who you trust and try to stay to yourself.
Productive and fast paced
Cut block / Processing (Current Employee) –  Pekin, ILMarch 24, 2018
I like Continental because there’s always something to do. You may have a couple minutes of downtime, but for the most part you’re working at a fast pace.
Pros
Laid-back management
Cons
Short breaks
Sink or swim type of business with vertualy no training.
Manufacturing Production Team Member (Current Employee) –  Beatrice, NEMarch 18, 2018
There is no structure in the ability of building teams per shift and communication from crew to crew in issues, whats live run and or anything pertaining to maintenance of equipment. No human resource, safety has no since of what the real issues are that the workers face everyday always shooting from the hip and using videos for training purposes with lack of really understanding that the true safety issue out on the floor is ergonomic. Absolutely no team efforts.
Pros
The hours and days off on two week rotation are great.
Cons
lack of proper management and communication none.
Branch Manager
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMarch 11, 2018
Great company to work for. This company does promote from with in the company, and the pay scale is very good. The only negative thing about this company is the President.
Poor unethical management
DISTRIBUTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  ALBION, MIMarch 8, 2018
Asked both managers and drivers to falsify logs and bypass federal regulations, then gave drivers writeups when caught later.

Refused osha inspectors, trained management on how to prevent/delay them from entering the premises.
Ok place to work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  MarylandMarch 3, 2018
Too much paperwork , drivers don't like cameras in your face always, can't go the speed limit, too much micromanagement.....
The crew is great bunch of guys
I like routes and customers
If company hadn't lied about raises and bonuses I would have too much bad to say about Company
Pros
My co-workers
Cons
Cameras I the trucks always on, not allowed to drive over 64mph, lied about raises and bonuses
A terrible place to work
Block line Team Member (Former Employee) –  Albion, MI 49224February 11, 2018
Unorganized, from the front office all the way through the whole factory. Despite being highly unorganized, they try to force out the maximum amount of product daily, whether they have adequete staffing or not. This creates a toxic environment, one in which you are pushed to rush to keep up daily, though they claim they don't condone rushing, they force you to work as fast as you can....very dangerous! The pay is way too low at all levels, giving you literally no incentive to want to advance.
Pros
3 day weekends every other weekend, and a short workweek everyother week.
Cons
Healthcare is expensive, wages are low, safety standards are almost non-existant.
Wasnt horrible. Had worse.
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Beatrice, NEFebruary 7, 2018
Not bad. Just long shifts. Makes it hard to do anything with family or friends. You meet yourself coming and going, pay is excellent though!! Good group of people
Cons
12 hour shifts
good place to work
Production Block Line (Former Employee) –  Greenville, OHFebruary 7, 2018
God place to work. Pay is not bad, many oppurtunities for bonuses. Management very easy to work with. Only down fall for me was lack of carreer progression. You work with dry ice so hands get cold alot.
I would go back to work for this company. More pros than cons.
Pros
Good pay, bonuses, understanding management team
Cons
cold, lack of carreer progression
great job
head driver/driver trainer (Current Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJFebruary 3, 2018
love working here, I enjoy what I do but can be demanding at times.overall my experience with this company has been positive with a few glitches along the way.
Pros
good pay
Cons
lack of communication is a big one for me
Good place to work.
Ice Cutter (Former Employee) –  Carlstadt, NJFebruary 1, 2018
Friendly place to work.
We always had meetings about security in the workplace.
We had to take care of the power saw.
Cold place to work.
You have to dress properly.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
No cons.
Plenty of new opportunities and job advancement
ANNONYMOUS (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILJanuary 22, 2018
There is plenty of opportunity for job advancement or career changes not only within our office, but as there are constantly new locations being opened. My direct supervisor is accomodating and we work as a team to get tasks accomplished. We have great benefits for a manufacturing industry, and the job is always changelling and rewarding when completed tasks are achieved. This is a challenging work environment and I love learning new tasks associated with it.
Pros
reimbursed travel, wellness plan, tuition reimbursement
It’s a job
Box repair (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJanuary 19, 2018
The HR helped set up my benefits account, then when it came time to receive benefits, I did not due to HR. The hours are 8-430 , which are inconvenient for appointments such as dentists, doctors, or insurance and you get no breaks, but you do get a half hour lunch, but can take up to an hour if approved. I have 4 bosses in the corporate office, all of which lack communication between themselves, so they all tell you different tasks, then complain when you do something wrong. You get one sick day a year, and 1 paid vacation after a year. They claim to be all about safety, but could care less about it.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Hours, Management, Hr
No management skills
Driver (Former Employee) –  Brookhaven, MSDecember 4, 2017
Could be a good company to work but the terminal manager didn't know anything about dispatching.. it was a buddy system when dispatching, all the favorites got the good loads.. they gave all the 500+ mile loads to sub contractors. Always some form of drama and drivers are having to constantly call corporate..the turn over rate is extremely high..they went through 15 in just 7 months out of the terminal I was in ..and the 70,000+ they claim you'll never see you only run 2,000 miles every other week, otherwise it's 1500
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Lack of management, don't care about drivers, wants you on call 24/7
Very 2 faced place to work for
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILNovember 21, 2017
very disappointing place to work wages are not fair, you are not treated equally, and most people there are very 2 faced (manager/supervisor level) would not recommend
I enjoyed the work. Safe driving bonus was cool.
Driver (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTOctober 18, 2017
I've worked at the East Hartford CT location for a year now and its pretty decent. Starting pay is great ($19) $19.50 after 90. plus $1 per hour extra if you drive safe. $20.50 total. I received a $1 raise on schedule so I was pretty happy with that too. The new manager is chill as long as you show up and do your job. My only problem is the safety training. it makes you feel like a child because you do the same 10 minute training sessions every month as if you were going to forget them after you finished. Other than that I recommend.... this branch at least.
Pros
Pay, atmosphere
Cons
pure safety program
Team Atmosphere
Inside Sales Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILOctober 5, 2017
A lot of data entry, filing, keeping machines available and ready for ship out.
Management very helpful, provided lots of training, co-workers will go above to help as a team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Continental Carbonic Products. Our community is ready to answer.