Continental Express Inc Employee Reviews

Drivers room/TV
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHJuly 10, 2018
Do hours and clock off go home/Pleasant/typical day
Semi skills/ learned to perfect the skill
Above average/management
Good/work culture
Weather/Traffic was the worse things about the job
The people
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Breaking down
Not a good company
Dedicated Driver (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILMay 10, 2018
This company is a joke!! lies start with recruiter, then gets worse with dispatch,and managment. This is the company drivers warn you off to stay away from. They will mess with every check trying to get away with paying you for something, keep all your paperwork you will need it .
Pros
Getting day off
Cons
Nothing but lies, total disappointment
No clear expectations from anyone throughout the company
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXMarch 22, 2018
Do not work for this place. Unorganized,unsafe work environment.
Unreal expectations put on the managers and they have no work/life balance at all.
The owner is one of the worst people I have ever worked for.
Local/Yard Driver (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHMarch 8, 2018
In my experience driving for this company and others Continental Express is one of the top companies that I have worked for. They have always had my back and they have always taken care of me. They are a family-oriented company. Hard work and diligence are rewarded here.
Pros
OTR and Regional drivers get one week paid vacation every 90 days, OTR and Regional drivers can also qualify for free health insurance(driver only), top pay for OTR, Regional andLocal driver.
Cons
64mph trucks
Decent Place to work all things considered.
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHFebruary 14, 2018
Great miles and got to see many parts of the country I've never been to before. Management can be difficult to work with some times, they are a very on your back constantly type of enviroment. But, with that said I would have to say Continental Express has been the best trucking Experience/Job I've had since getting my CDL.
Pros
Kept you busy for the most part.
Cons
They make you pay for everything like prepass, fridge, inverter, getting a tow, xm radio, going out of route, etc. Tightwads.
Family Oriented and Respectful
Local Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 9, 2018
Show up on Time, Go to work Every Day, you will be a highly valued employee. And they will Take care of you 100% of the Time. Up to 4 weeks vacation and very good pay.
Pros
Great pay, Extremely professional Managers, Dispatchers. Sometimes I feel like thier job is to show me how much they apperciate thier workers.
Cons
In my personal experience, I can not think of one.
Clean, friendly, relaxed
Local Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHJanuary 1, 2018
I recently hired in as local driver on a dedicated account and I feel like I found my home finally. Continental Express Inc has a billboard advertisement about a mile from the yard that says something like we really appreciate our driver's and welcome home. So far, I get the feeling that they mean what they say. If you do your job you won't have any BS. For the degree of difficulty the pay is fair. Dispatch is respectable, friendly and accommodating. I could go on and on but you driver's know what I'm talking about!!!
Pros
Clean terminal, great dispatchers, good equipment.
Cons
None so far
Temp to hire.
Lathe Operator (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INNovember 7, 2017
A typical temp company. Good place to work. The pay was above average and a lot of overtime if you wanted it. The office staff was always polite and helpful.
Physically demanding, fast paced, mostly enjoyable people
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHSeptember 16, 2017
Typical days are a mix of repairing damage done to trailers coming in off the road, and general preventative maintenance.

most of the people there are laid back with a select few who are hard to work with due to ego's.

service calls aren't a real big thing as there are so many to go on them
Pros
Pay, time-off, benefits, people
Cons
managers don't care, cant get time off when you want, people
Terrible company to work for
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXSeptember 11, 2017
This company is a joke. I was hired and then once management found out I had a medical issue that did not prevent me from working or that would affect my job performance, management termed me. Management is very prejudice and always lies to the driver. I know they lie to drivers as I was told by management during the interview process.
Pros
Prejudice
Cons
Prejudice
Good company. You can make a good honest living.
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHAugust 31, 2017
CE has been a great place for me to work. It is a good paying, stable job. I truly enjoy everyone I work with and I feel that management does care. My job is fast paced and different every day, which I enjoy. There are pros and cons like everywhere, but overall the pros definitely outweigh the cons.
Pros
good pay, good peers and management, job security
Cons
can be a tough industry
You where warned!
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCJune 21, 2017
I've only been to orientation. Took one day to figure it out. Dispatcher will only try to cheat you. I heard conversations out of GAFFNEY terminal and they talk about about drivers and you're only a number. Insurance only free if you are a non smoker which I do not smoke but this info is for all the other drivers applying. I have an accident free mvr and a clean dac until now. Company will hit your dac and throw a bad report. There is no interview, your orientation is your interview slash state date. You will take a drug screen and physical day one. If you leave orientation and tell them you don't think the job is for you, they will tell you that you wont get paid because your first day will cover the cost of drug and physical exam. That's ok but then the next thing I know I get a doctor bill from the place I got examined for 100 dollars. I called and asked if they cover it because that's what they where suppose too and they said no. That there tells you exactly the kind of company they are. Alright why did I leave? Trucks stink to high heaven. Nasty filthy equipment. Also they take up to a 1000 dollars of your pay if you get in a bump up or wreck. We shouldn't be wrecking the trucks right? I'm sorry I've been trucking long enough to know if a limb touches the think or a flying rock hits the truck you're paying he deductible for the truck to get fixed. Ridiculous right? I questioned that too and they said it has to be non preventable for them to pay for the accident and plus if a rock hits your windshield I was told that your following too close. Ok? I guess birds poops on trucks  more... and that your fault too. Not having that. Now the 4 week vacation. Yea you do get 4 weeks of vacation but your entitled of 1400 dollars a year until it gets bumped up. So your first few year your vacation will be 350 dollars a week for each week you take. No you can't combined the weeks into one week to get all the 1400 dollars. I asked.... So if all this is still attractive to you then I say go for it. I may be a closed minded person I don't know but none of this was attractive. Best to luck for all you drivers and be safe!  less
Pros
Cons
Stated in comments
productive
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, CAMarch 27, 2017
When i first startded with Continental Express i was doing filing for them. I worked my way up to data entry billing and had the opportunity to learned in the dispatching area and do some customer service out in the field. The environment was really fun and motivation. My hardest part of the job was keeping in touch with driver making sure merchandised was delivered promptly and scheduled for pick up to satisfy clients. I loved that i was able to be out in the field and meeting new clients.
Pros
free lunch one a month
Cons
no benefits
You can support your family
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHFebruary 11, 2017
Great company too work for. Upper management is great they will work with you. Depending on the day it'll be rough but that's a normal shop. Just have too deal with it.
roller coaster ride
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHSeptember 27, 2016
long hours ,a big turn over in drivers ,alot of sitting and wait on loads or what to do got to meet a lot of nice people, not enough pay for a typical day work the hardest part of the job is this the truth or not
Pros
local work?
Cons
long hours bad insurance
Fast paced multi task environment
Driver Manager (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHJanuary 30, 2016
14-16 Hour shifts working Evenings and every other weekend. Perform tasks and duties of various individuals to keep freight moving from dispatch, driver manager, shipper/consignee billing and manifest discrepancies. Hardest part is doing all above while alone and managing 400+ drivers throughout 5 terminas in US. Enjoying part of job is pleasing Customers and maintaining excellent relationships with Drivers in maintaining safety and driver retention.
Cons
Hours, Healthcare
great environment, beautful scenery, good for experience.
Team Driver (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, CAJuly 12, 2015
Enjoy doing long haul but the pay isn't worth it. Love the scenery and drives. Load and unload trailers. Management is great have a great relationship with them.
Pros
scenery, different experience
Cons
away from my family too long, pay isnt worth it, no benefits, no extra pay to compensate long stays away from home.
company out of business
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 12, 2015
Hard place to work. Too much "fear" and not enough genuine leadership. Nepotism and favoritism. Though hard work was rewarded in my case, there was a glass ceiling not likely to be penetrated unless one was of the "in" crowd.
good job with changing views hardly ever in the same place
delivery driver cdl (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHJanuary 25, 2015
a typical day started with getting in touch with dispatch to give them an update on my location and if i needed a load or to let them know if there was a problem with on time delivery or to move up a delivery time so my hours of service could be used better.i learned that sometimes i had to just take my time to gain more drive time even if it ment sitting at a truck stop for a day.sometimes that was the only way to get a shower and hot meal and rest. very few times did i run into other continental drivers on the road.the hardest thing to deal with was being away from family for two weeks at a time or even longer.but sometimes being at some locations could offset that with the different cultures and views.
Pros
being all over the usa
Cons
being away from family for long periods of time.
Nice breakroom' keep their trucks clean'
Short haul truck driver (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHNovember 20, 2014
friendly people' Have nice equipment to drive' been their 12 half years'
Pros
Trucks are very well maintained
Cons
Could improve on pay scale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Continental Express Inc. Our community is ready to answer.