Continental Secret Service Bureau Employee Reviews

Exciting Job if you do your Job
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 10, 2019
Great Job, Manager was a great person really cares for his employees. FUN job if you try and get stops and paying attention to the cameras is how to do just that. The job is not ment for everyone though, but can be an extremely rewarding job.
Pros
Fun Job, great Management
Cons
Boring sometimes
my time at CSSB
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 10, 2018
Most days were pretty routine
Patrol the lots, keep an eye out for suspicious activities, nothing to difficult, didnt learn anything new, management was ok, pretty decent workplace, no complaints, it was a pretty decent work experience
Lots of hours to choose from as well.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
poorly staffed
Was Skeptical
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 5, 2018
I was fired for for leaving site for 6 mins even in previous sites before I was allowed to leave to grab my lunch or if I forgot anything at home with permission from the dispatchers an for some reason I was fired the last time I would not refer anybody but tell how I got fired without proper knowledge of the do not leave site policy an when I tried getting lunch from the machines in the break room at the site kept taking my money I was practically starving and didn’t want chips or snacks from the truck
Pros
The employees
Cons
No lunch breaks no proper equipment
work on your on make sure everything done the right way. Its relaxing, I enjoy working there.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 17, 2018
interact with truck driver using a scanner, peaceful work area. watch cars on lot monitor any one that come on lot count any cars coming or leaving. Radio in to main office every hour for security reason that's good.
Pros
you break when not working
Cons
work on your own
Good for hours
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 3, 2018
This job is great for people who just want to work hours. You pretty much work by yourself or with a small group of people. Very easy to do but rather boring.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Bad co workers
Just a booth to work from
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 29, 2018
Good and fun people. No room for advancement and sites keep shutting down. Fair pair and benefits and they work with u when a problem occurs but seem to only care for the advanced in management
Pros
None.
Cons
Healthcare
Ok
Unarmed Security guard (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 15, 2018
Okay .
They have a lot locations. They have armed and unarmed guards. They don't give you a uniform. It comes out your first few checks. They were not flexible with placement. Inially they were, then they just transferred me to another location and dropped my pay. No explanation. Went from rotating weekends to all weekends, 12 hour shifts. Didn't agree. They did respond. So on to the next.
Pros
Its a job.
Cons
Change your pay n location without your consent.
Stressful workplace at times
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 25, 2018
It had many challenges but client company did not work with security company in discussing wage increases very much.. The work was reasonable for the most part.
Pros
Good manager
Cons
lots of company turnover
Grewt pay
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 16, 2018
Good job , great management , management actually talks to guards and is very understanding and helpful . dispatch is personable and helpful , holiday pay as well
Not a place to have a career
Human Resource Specialist/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 13, 2018
Continental is not a place you go for a career but for a job it is ok. If you are looking for something until you find another better job or career it is ok
Good job for the moment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 18, 2018
It's not a bad job at all, I loved it. The job just doesn't give you any heads up and there's no order in my opinion. The owners of the company were great people, I just didn't see any chance for advancement. They came back in January and asked me to come back, I asked to work one day so I could see if the adjustments would make the work flow more fluidly while they schedule other employees in my place just in case and it didn't so I resigned.
Supervisors do not follow proper proceedures.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Old Fort, OHFebruary 14, 2018
My supervisor allowed vehicles to leave gate without checking trailer seals quite often. Whenever I had a problem, I had to call around to find the answers.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
inadequate supervisors.
Relaxed, slow paced, not stressfull at all
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ohio City, OHJanuary 12, 2018
Had a great time working their...
Hopefully I can have a opportunity to work their again.
Only thing that can help you day go by faster is walking around or driving around checking areas out.
Pros
Breaks, easy work
Cons
No paid holidays, no healthcare
Not all bad
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 29, 2017
This review would be much less if it wasn't for the management of the district manager I worked for, he would take care of the people he worked with and is a great guy. The owners on the other hand and actual management at the office, I haven't met them and it has been over a year. We had a company meeting and they forgot so we all drove a hour away for nothing. My pay raise was pitiful and It took 3 months to get my second pay raise after becoming a supervisor, which the pay raise was also pathetic not even 50 cents. When I asked about my year raise they said, you just got one. This company would collapse if it wasn't for the people that have been here as managers for years and when the old owner was around, atleast he took time to come in and say hi, place is a joke. If you want to be treated as a body to just fill a seat then please by all means apply.
Pros
Place i worked at had awesome people. My supervisor was a great guy
Cons
Owners and everything that isnt in my pro's
Better than average
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 29, 2017
This was an interesting job. Granted it didn't last long, but was decent for the time it did last. Of course this job suffered from poor management and low staff. Unprofessional at times too.
Not a good place to work
Field Supervisor/Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 9, 2017
To many broken promises, Will tell employs anything to fit trouble at sites for a short time. Not only employs but clients as will. No concur for any employ. Will make employs work 24 hour shifts without providing any support.
Pros
Cons
Broken Promises
Go somewhere else.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  MichiganOctober 20, 2017
Supervisors play favoritism, promise you something and take it back, rude and only care about themselves. Work 16+ hours a day with no breaks what so ever. Blow your phone up on your days off to come in. Dispatch gets an attitude with you when you can't work extra. Not enough pay. If you breathe, eat and sleep work then come work here. If you have kids, school or other things going on in your life then find something else. Will fire you illegally. For example, take you off the schedule and let everyone else know your fired before you find out yourself. Make a set of rules then change them the next week.
Pros
Always hiring
Cons
No breaks, unorganized, 16+ hour shifts, no communication, attitude from supervisors
Continental was a great experience for me
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Flint MichiganOctober 7, 2017
I liked working there i had fun it was a pretty easy job and the management was fair overall as a security officer there what my job was and consists of were to complete a daily activity report about what happened on the site write down the time that we had visotors among our site and the time they left
Security
Security Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 27, 2017
I was placed as a manager/supervisor at a facility that was being built to open. I would train other officers for their shift. Would have to check in and out trucks full and empty, fill out paper work and enter data. I would have to do a drive around the property every hour and electronically check each building's doors to be sure they were locked then drive around property lines to be sure it was secure.
Pros
freedom to read and study in downtime
Cons
outside in all types of weather
awesome
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 30, 2017
its a great place to work at you get plenty of overtime an the supervisors are great .you get a great looking uniform its a nice place to grow with the company an become a supervisor