Continental Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Poorly managed
Route Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Belleville, MIMay 31, 2018
Managers are absolutely no help and always want more. You will never be good enough for them, yet they are perfect. You dont have a set schedule, 6 days a week gets you average attendance.
Pros
lunch
Cons
almost everything
A good first place to work
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 21, 2018
Continental Services taught me a lot about how a workplace functions and how to work in a professional environment. The workplace needs better management though, because my time was heavily disorganized from the managers constantly changing the employee schedule.
Fun place to work.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAMay 14, 2018
Working at Continental was always a relaxed working environment, clients were always nice with us, the management was great along with my co workers always helpful if needed.
Coworkers are great, management is the opposite.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Belleville, MIMarch 16, 2018
Absolutely no sense of job security. Consistently feels like you are never doing enough. Managers only care about the work you do and what you can do for the company, not at all about your well-being or as a person.

The job itself is very fast paced but extremely easy to pick up and understand. It is very physically taxing and you will need a lot of stamina.
Pros
Paid breaks, fun coworkers, able to listen to music with headphones
Cons
Terrible management and HR department
The people you work with are cool
Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 4, 2018
Pretty easy Job to do but no room for growth with the company, upper management really don't communicate too well, and compensation to keep me working there when I found another job wasn't competitive
Pros
Lunches, co-worker, work schedule, flexibility of your schedule
Cons
No room to grow, upper management don't communicate well, pay isn't competitive
Continental Services
ST JOHN BANQUET HALL- SERVER (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 25, 2018
I worked for this company years ago, and I vaguely remember the pros and cons, and I also don't understand why it's required that I provide a review of the company as I do not wish to.
productive workplace
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYNovember 9, 2017
I enjoyed working for them. They are good people, trust is important safety is #1. I developed many skills and life lessons from working with this company.
Poor Management and communication
Market Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Metro DetroitOctober 17, 2017
The position I worked while with Continental was stressful because management was not professional. One manager knew the job inside and out and for a time that worked well. When new management was brought in they did not understand the job they were doing and often wanted unattainable results.
Pros
Set schedule
For place to work
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIOctober 4, 2017
The department is lacking the appropriate leadership there was no organization . Also seemed like no one in the company could talk to any one about problems. Also they do not do manager reviews only employee reviews.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Low pay
Manager
Daytime Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MISeptember 22, 2017
Not a bad place to work but it is in a factory so seeing the same people over and over the same people who complain and ask the same question over and over can get a little annoying.
Pros
good pay good hours
Cons
stuck in a rut
great group of people.
Seasonal Team Member (Former Employee) –  Parma, MIAugust 31, 2017
Working for the team I was a part of was one of the best experiences in my career as a cook. They worked around my schedule and even called me in for extra shifts knowing I needed the hours. I highly recommend it as a place to get your feet wet in the food industry.
Pros
to many to chose from
Cons
Don't waste your time with these idiots!
Cook (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIAugust 24, 2017
Pros
Heathcare, 401k, Pto
It Starts At Top
Cashier (Former Employee) –  MichiganJune 8, 2017
In the years I've worked at my particular account I've seen 3 different managers. The turnover rate is high in the field (accounts) and apparently even higher in the corporate offices. Many things are promised and not delivered. Upper management is clueless about the jobs of their staff (chefs, cashiers, line cooks etc) and only respond to emails. Any issue you have you're pretty much on your own. And forget about job placement unless you're a favorite employee amongst upper management.
Pros
It all depends on the account location
Cons
Upper management, training, communication
it is a great part time job to have
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJune 5, 2017
this is only a great part time job, you will not have breaks or free meals and you will stand on your feet for a least 8 hrs straight with no break. Big Con
Pros
Part time
Cons
no breaks, no meals
Fun workplace
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIMay 9, 2017
The job is like any other customer service job. Not too hard but it gets high demanding sometimes of course. You build friendships with the customers since you see the same people everyday so thats cool too..
Pros
Easy
Cons
Repetitive
Great Company to work for
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIMay 3, 2017
I worked only part time, contract employee. My place of employment was at Ford Motor Company in the Cafeteria. Served Breakfast/Lunch to employees of the facility along with guests of the facility. Had a regular menu we cooked and served along with special requests for the customers. Management was absolutely fantastic to work with, which at this facility included myself and my manager. We were a great team.
Pros
Great people to work for and great customers
Cons
not enough hours
Customer Service
Customer Service/ Catering/Server (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIMarch 31, 2017
Catering and serving at Jackson College, businesses and organization’s events.
• Ensure exemplary guest service through all forms of banquet services such as; carving stations, bar tending, replenishing food during events, as well as products and supplies in compliance with event standards.
• Ensure events are properly equipped and executed by transporting, setting up and breaking down chairs, tables and food stations, as well as returning equipment to designated storage in compliance with event standards and guidelines.
• Clean, organize and restock equipment/product returning from catering events. Understand safety responsibilities as well as environmental laws by following procedures, policies and training.
Great enviornment
Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIFebruary 15, 2017
Great experience, down to earth staff with friendly vibes through out the office. Pay was extremely low with not much opportunity for advancement. Great job to have to produce some type of income.
Porter (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 1, 2017
Great place to work, I've been with the company for a while now and I would say the most enjoyable part is being able to show your guests a good time and to be able to give them great customer service.
Self starting face paced.
Retail Product Reset Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2017
Merchandising products for big box store. Learned how to manage others. Extremely hard working co-workers. Worked with store management to ensure projects were delivered on time.