Continental Title Company

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility

Ethical company with good environment

Busy, professional but fun environment where employees are a team. Good benefits, treat you like a person not a robot, nice extra little perks to make the culture even better.

Never had a work environment like this before

Management cares about everyone that works here. Great environment to learn and work in. If anyone needs help for anything (in or out of work) someone is always willing. Fun happens every day as well. I'm able to talk and laugh with my coworkers and I actually enjoy being around them. There's ample time off available and Management helps accommodate if something happens. We have fun competitions amongst each other and during the holidays there's always something planned. I'm constantly told how valued I am for the work I put out and if someone has an issue they are good about bringing it to my attention without being condescending and rude.

Pros

Pto, Holidays Off, Weekends Off, Fun Coworkers, M-F schedule, day hours, work from home opportunities, clean

It’s a job

My opinion only: micro management, works on quantity than quantity. Lack of communication. Understanding but not very helpful with sudden personal issues. Turn over very high.

Pros

Nice co-workers

Cons

Bad management

Very Giving, Well Run and Supportive Company!

Cares about their employees. Good HR Dept. GenerousGood Company PerksPaid Time OffLots of benefit optionsInsurance for families can be costly but is offered

Pros

Good incentives, Free lunches, parties and surprises!

Cons

Not good work from home options and family insurance is very expensive

No Recognition/Low Pay/High Stress

Management theory is based on a stick driving employees to an impossible, one size fits all standard. You aren’t allowed to have personal feelings, issues or opinions. Recognition happens once in a blue moon, forget it if you are in production. Job descriptions do not reflect full work load which can be anything they ask without further compensation, which is already unlivable if you aren’t a single person. Keep in mind this is a licensed position which requires continuing education. Bonus amounts are laughable. Manuals nonexistent or never update. Rules, laws, requests constantly change without official documentation. Others, including management, act nice to your face but unkind talk runs rampant. Don’t expect loyalty.

Everything!

I love everything about this company! I have been employed here for almost 15 years. Family is everything. Benefits and pay are competitive. Management is supportive and available. If you are looking for a team...this is it!

Seemed solid. Management had issues.

Seemed solid upon taking position. Management had issues motivating and managing. Daily grind was fine, though extra effort was rarely valued or recognized. Became a soul sucking place to work.

They are falling apart and it is showing

At one point, this was the best company to work for. Now, this company treats employees like a number. No matter how loyal an employee is to the company, when the company is done with you, they will cut you with zero warning. Management is filled with insecure women. They are demeaning, lack leadership, and if you ever try to disagree with one of them or try to question them, you are done. It's sad to see this company implode from the inside, but upper management doesn't see the issues. It's a toxic environment to work in. Non-competes are one reason why some closers still work there; they are afraid to leave and be sued.

Pros

Technology and benefits

Cons

lack of leadership

Great company to work for.

I worked as a Closer at Continental Title for 7 years. The job itself can be quite stressful at times, but the staff pulls together to help one another. Teamwork is a huge part of the company's success. Overall it was a great experience and I loved my work family. They are willing to listen to suggestions for improving procedures If something isn't working quite right. Management works hard to provide a positive and fun work environment, like having company picnics, "Escrow night out" and Christmas parties, with bonuses. The benefits package was competitive and the company strives to keep the cost low for the employees. Continental is very involved in the community by participating in various charitable events throughout the year. Overall, my years working for Continental were good ones. My only reason for leaving was my decision to make a career change. They were, and continue to be supportive of me in my new career. They will always be family to me.

Poor employee relations

Continental Title used to be the best place to work; however, they have outgrown their current management techniques. They do have good benefits though.

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

Being able to learn more about the real estate industry was a huge plus. Some of the things I learned helped with a lot of the questions I never knew about

Pros

Learning a field I never knew

Cons

Not being there long enough to learn everything

Stressful-Cut Throat

No one could or would take responsibility for what they did, drama and cut-throat constantly bringing their drama into the workplace along with working on personal problems on company time..When it come to airing our grievances, it was either pushed to the side or never taken into consideration....favortism was a big deal, and no confronting others...

Pros

Hour Lunch, Benefits

Cons

Drama, Hostile Environment

Broken promises and High Turnover

Enjoyed what I did for clients and agents, loved working with many of my teammates. Very poor management, little to no corporate oversight when it was obvious management needed to be revamped or better trained. Lee’s Summit office is one to avoid if you want to keep your job. It seemed to be all about giving the best customer service to the higher grossing agents and teams. Very unprofessional office environment. A lot needs to be fixed here.

Pros

Hour lunch, paid holidays

Cons

Unprofessional Working Environment, high turnover

Not understanding

It was about the company, nothing else. Employees are great, but the Job Work/Life Balance is non-existent. Work comes first here, family comes last.

Pros

Co-workers

Cons

Family means nothing

Excellent place to work

The managers and associates are very fun and caring. You feel like family there. Everyone helps each other and that makes for excellent team work. They also have Company Christmas parties.

Pros

Friendly environment

Cons

Hours are later than I hoped for

Avoid at all costs

With a barely visible management structure in certain locations as you would expect there is a lot of emphasis put on teamwork but an autonomous office like the one in Lees Summit seems to have an incredibly difficult time holding onto employees. A couple have managed to not get fired but the insulting compensation offered at the time of hire as well as the office politics make for an insanely difficult standard to meet as you can learn your job but by vertue of not having a personality they like will call you at 6 A.M. and fire you without warning.

Pros

Not many

Cons

Unprofessional, poor managers, no corporate intervention

Great company to work for!

I can't say enough about my career at Continental Title!! When I started in 2007, it was a job, but over the years it turned into a career that I loved. The management team is always available to help and answer questions, provide support, and help you grow as a person. I worked with a great team in the Springfield/Branson region and we all did our part to be successful. I would still be working at CTC if I hadn't moved out of state.

Fun and exciting place to work!

It was a great place to work with excellent benefits! The management and employees are knowledgeable and caring, always willing to help customers. They and go above and beyond what is expected of the average Title Company, and I would definitely recommend employment there to anyone!

Pros

Great learning experience, Vacation and Paid Time off with Holiday pay as well, Excellent benefits 401K, Amazing staff, Great way to meet new people

Great people

I was only a contractor but everyone treated me like a member of the team. My manager in particular was the nicest person and so grateful for the help since he had a very heavy workload.

Title Company

Management not understanding to kids and health issues. Doesn't have the team aspect of working together. While there is room for advancement it doesn't happen easily.

Amazing staff, well respected small business

Amazing staff, well respected small business, great location, happy coworkers, fun atmosphere, room to grow, interesting industry, locally owned, family friendly

Pros

People

Cons

Compensation

Common questions about Continental Title Company

Answered by current and former employees at Continental Title Company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Continental Title Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Continental Title Company