Continental Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 612 reviews matching the search See all 1,901 reviews
Management was horrible but now is much better.
MANAGER/BARTENDER/CART ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 22, 2018
They turned around the management and has improved the mens club was at times unbearable but overall was a fun atmosphere because of the people I worked with. I started and hauled their program for management cause it was chaos.
Not to bad as temporary work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Fletcher, NCJune 21, 2018
Depending on your work ethic and which supervisor you have, you may not have a horrible experience. The overall issues with the fletcher plant is upper level management. The plant really doesn't cater to the demographic of employees that they want or need. They also are unfair of their treatment between office workers and the people that work our on the floor.
Pros
If you don't have kids the schedule is ok
Cons
Short breaks, really hot in the summer and air quality
Alright
PCM (Production Crew Member) (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILJune 19, 2018
Me personally i was a temp worker so I didnt get the original pay others would i didnt get the benefits either but besides that it was a good place to work i put in right at a year before i had to move on because i wasnt able to make it on $11 a hour as my family's sole income the main thing i hate about the place is the management i was told that i would be getting hired on well before my year mark but excuses always came up and my attendance was almost perfect only missing the 1 day the entire time i worked there but id still give it a good rating.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Bad management
Assembler / tester / machine operator (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALJune 17, 2018
work hard with break in between. learn more new things and also learn about the management and also about workers and our surrounding. sometimes we have training to help understand what we are doing.
Pros
Cons
vaccation
Productive and fun
Internship in Pricing Dept (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJune 14, 2018
I had a very good experience in this organization. This company has very good work culture. Overall, I enjoyed my internship. My hardest problem was the location.
Hard working job
Tire Repairman (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILJune 13, 2018
No regrets working here. The jobs were tough but you felt sense of urgency and relief after but you were rewarded after completion of as task. Managmentent was great and had a wonder lunch room.
The worst place I ever worked!
Material Handler, Warehouse Operations (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 12, 2018
At this job I encountered a great deal of racism. Management catered to the people who had been there 30 years or better allowing them to do what they wanted. The pay wasn't even enough for a single man or woman, needless to say, if I had children they would have starved. The workplace culture was that of clan rally. The most enjoyable part of the job was going home for the day and the hardest part of the job was coming into work.
Pros
Breaks every two hours.
Cons
The work environment was all around horrible.
Good Work place
Technical Project Leader Air Suspension (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJune 8, 2018
I enjoy working for continental. Challenging but fun. Everyday at the work place I am challenged with something new, I am well supported as a team member within the group I work with.
Pros
Flexible working scehdule
Cons
Work load at times.
Good Work Place for laid back.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAJune 7, 2018
An average day consists of going on a picker and stocking pieces then looking for pieces. It is employees who bring negative energy but overall it can be a good place if you keep your head right.
Pros
Hour Lunch. Hours.
Cons
Manergers. Policy is not followed.
Amazing work atmosphere
Electrical Engineering Intern–Powertrain Division (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJune 4, 2018
This internship gave me the best experience of all my internships. I had the opportunity to conduct research and validation with guidance from my coworkers. Then I was able to reach out to customers all over the world and review results. I was taught, not spoon fed, but I was also carefully monitored in case any major mistakes were made.

Want to know more about Continental?

Ask a question
Productive workplace
Mixer Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILJune 3, 2018
There was nothing I didn't like about this job. The co workers, the job, the money, the hours were all amazing. People treat you fairly, everyone gets along and does there job and great benefits.
Poor score
Sales supervisor / New business development (Former Employee) –  Batavia, NYJune 3, 2018
Very badly run. Very low interest in customer service. Management would rather degrade and yell with no solution than teach and motivate. Manager doesn't know what they are doing.
Pros
Get to o what you want
Cons
poor management
Very friendly work atmosphere
Quality Manager in Projects (QMP) / PM Coach (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJune 1, 2018
Excellent place to work, depending on position. People are very friendly and will help each other.
Each day is challenging in my role...overloaded in the tasks that I need to complete.
Cons
Workload extensive
Great place to work for Young People
Expense Audit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 30, 2018
Continental is a great place to work for young people that are right out of college. The company offers numerous intern opportunities and as a result, a lot of the interns are later hired as full-time employees.
Good place to work, good people
Technical Maintenance Trainer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 30, 2018
Worked as Journeyman electrician then maintenance technical trainer. Good place to work. Repaired electronic manufacturing equipment. It was climate controlled and paid well. Hated to see the business move out of the country.
Pros
good pay, good people, good work enviroment
Cons
Sometimes a lot of overtime
a really great place to work
Set-Up Technician - curing (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILMay 18, 2018
really enjoyed my position. typical work day usually involved the set-up of 4-6 molds plus minor repairs of presses and cimcorp delivery system. management does their best with what we have. hardest part was the excessive number of breakdowns of conveyor system. loved seeing the end product that all the hard work produced. learned to work a rotating schedule with few people. lots of overtime. the workplace is fast paced and keeps you busy which passes time. for a global company they seem to care about their employees with bonuses and giveaway as incentives
Pros
people you work for
Cons
schedule
Progressive minded company
Laser Operator (Former Employee) –  Elma, NYMay 15, 2018
Assembly, housekeeping adherence to ISO and six sigma process, flexible management clean safe environment. My job once i was fully trained was enjoyable.
Nice place
Project Manager Engineering (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, ILMay 10, 2018
Continental is a nice place to work at, as the work life balance is at the highest standard, working from home or called "tele commute" is a nice feature, also you are allowed to purchase additional PTO days.
Pros
Cons
understaffed
must be able to multitask
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, NEMay 3, 2018
very manual labor based and many tasks
12 hours swing shifts
lack of communication to employees
great pay and benefits
bonus available if meet quotas
Good place to work!
Multicraft Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCMay 1, 2018
Overall Continental has been a great place to work. I have worked with a lot of great people and learned a great amount while being here from the start of production.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Continental. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

64out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Continental.

Powered by Comparably