Continental Employee Reviews

Found 716 reviews matching the search See all 2,137 reviews
Featured review
Continental selected this as a representative review
Great Company
Mechanical Designer Engineer (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 19, 2018
This is a great caring company. They look out for their employees. Compensation is very competitive in all positions. They love bringing on new talent.
Productive and laid back
Advanced Purchasing Intern (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 8, 2019
A typical day at Continental would involve creating RFQ and following -up with suppliers on them. In addition, I would push for the conditions that we are looking for and to ensure the most competitive price. I would say following up with suppliers and making sure they turn in the information on-time took up most of the day. The management structure is great at Continental. I liked the laid-back and the trust they instilled in their interns to get the job done. For me, if my boss does not micromanage, I work harder for them and I believe I provide higher quality work. Finally, I learned that you got to push people to get the job done on-time and do not be afraid to ask questions.
Pros
great culture, enjoyed my work
Cons
sometimes there would be a lot of down time waiting for suppliers
Great Company
Exe (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 7, 2019
This is a great company to work for. The benefits are awesome. I have been here for more than two years and my struggle has been with the management. The politics are thick and the egos are larger than life. The atmosphere is stressful, but the compensation is good in my business unit. I know the work/life balance and overall happiness may depend on what Business Unit you are in. Some of the other business units seem much happier than mine.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Managers that are too high on their horses
Fun place to work, you get plenty of overtime
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHJanuary 8, 2019
I worked second shift for Quality and liked my coworkers and all of my management/supervisors. The leads for Quality did have a hard time communicating with their workers because of broken English. But i learned a lot by reading the SOP's and speaking with upper management about the machines used to complete job duties, however leads did state to not over produce because the hourly production numbers would raise. So if your fast pace this will be a easy job.
Pros
paid lunch, paid time off for all holidays
could be a better companity of worky if they increae pay for the qual
Sr Shipping and Receiving clerk/floor lead (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCOctober 18, 2018
continental needs to improve on their morale boosting so they would keep more employees increase pay raises, write ups need to be done to fix poor work ethics, more corrective actions, lower medical and dental benefits. They need to focus on quality and quantity.
Pros
breaks, raise yearly, bonus yearly according to production overall plant, unorganized. cramped and overdue invoices. unfriendly management poor morale
Cons
health care, poor management, buddy system hire who you know, low pay for quality of work, underwrite salary
Meh
Senior Staff Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, ILJanuary 17, 2019
Based on my group's management and what I have been told by several people who have been here 10 or more years, managers are typically hired from outside, or promoted from lower levels of management only. Many people have trouble using all of their vacation (not a large amount), so much so that at the end of the year it's like a ghost town in the office. Even then, some of them end up working multiple days "off", no change of pace from late nights and weekends the rest of the year. Internal reward system exists but seems like it isn't used, so plenty complaining about extra time demanded of people. Unclear management structure or path to advancement of any kind. All in all, chaotic and unrewarding.
Good
Engineering Lab Manager (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 30, 2019
• Track progress of testing (ED, DV, PV, DOE, etc) and maintain communication.
• Reporting of failures
• Basic equipment repairs
• Maintain testing activity records
• Set¬up / program equipment to meet specifications
• Monitor product flow
• Communicate with Engineering
• Order materials and lab supplies through the Purchasing system
• Submit annual budget and operate within that budget
• Multiple Labs: Environmental Testing, Warranty Return, Prototype build and Flex Fuel
Additional Responsibilities:
• Knowledge of standard Temperature Chamber Controllers
• Familiarity with Hall Effect Technology
• Using data loggers
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Great people to work with.
Full Time Maintenance Technician 1 (Current Employee) –  Morganton, NCDecember 29, 2018
A typical day at Continental, consist of good people working together to complete the orders for the line / lines running. Management has our nights ready set up to run production. The hardest part of my job is making sure everything is running productively for both my shift and future shifts. I'm the only tech on my shift, but I do a great job fixing and diagnosing machines to run like they're meant to.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
short breaks, never know if your going to work the weekend until Friday
You can find better jobs
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Morganton, ncSeptember 25, 2018
Been here 10+ years and not even near top pay for position. Continental use to be great because was best paying place around here but more jobs are available now and paying more for what you're worth. 10+ years ago my job position pay was great for what i did but now technology has advance and now production has ramp up and walking, pushing and pulling 12+ miles a day and lifting 50lbs + repatitive and sweating from head to toes and have to wear shorts throughout the year from being too hot from work. Work mandatory 12 days straight then 2 days off, no time to spend with family. The new HR staff works for the company not for the employees. Management is unorganized, care only for themself. Produce parts on Quantity over Quality. So many employees are quitting because there are better paying jobs now. Continental is not the future, your employee that works on the floor makes Continental's future.
Pros
Pto, health benefits
Cons
Everything else
The employees at continental are great for the most part. I enjoyed working with my team.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, ILDecember 6, 2018
I enjoyed working with the people at continental. They became like family to me. We had a great team of supervisors, upper management wasn't the greatest. There is no work life balance, they could careless if you see your family or not. This is from my experience as a supervisor. If you do go into supervision there watch your back, you can only trust a few and don't rely on H.R. to take your side on anything.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Work life balance is non existent
Pleasant working atmosphere
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  TimișJanuary 15, 2019
- Opportunity to learn about embedded systems
- Good collaboration with the management on work topics
- Learn about other countries culture due to the international environment
- Hardest part wold be to motivate the young employees and also in respect the OEM deadlines in stressful situations when the resources (time & people) are short
- Most enjoyable part of the job is the possibility to create new technology and realize that you are part of a solid team
good work environment
100% Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILSeptember 3, 2018
Enjoyed co-workers, pretty much all friendly. Typical day was inspecting tires for defects. Management overall great however a some have attitudes and think they are better than others, mistreating older workers. Other than that management is great.
Pay was best part of job the long hours on new employees was too much.
Pros
benefits, cafeteria
Cons
too hot not enough break time when it is.
lfind a job
Production QC Audit (Current Employee) –  seguin texasOctober 29, 2018
long hours and not enough pay time to move on.not.i really do not want to elaberate on this job my quest is to move on and find a better career. find another job with benefits and health care in which to make a living.
benefits
Cons
hours
AA Operator
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXAugust 20, 2018
The schedule is 12 hour shifts starting at 6am and 6pm. You can get direct hire but they mainly hire through Trinity staffing. When hired on you get a raise and good benefits. Most of the employees there are hard workers. Most of the managers are lazy and don't listen to the employees. Most of the lead operators are lazy as well. As long as you show up to work everyday on-time and don't violate any policies you will have job security. They are some opportunities for advancement but its more based on who you know and not what you can do.
Pros
cafeteria that serves hot/cold food, good benefits and pay
Cons
over priced food, supervisors and managers are lazy
Continental review
Testing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 31, 2019
I really enjoyed this position for its stability and compensation package until there was no longer any testing needed. The company decided to send my position to China to save money.
Pros
Great compensation.
Cons
Short Term Position. Lack of communication from management at times.
Fast paced and challenging work place
Head of Purchasing NA - BU ADAS (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIAugust 19, 2018
Continental is a global organization that demands adaptability and flexibility. It is very fast paced, and this sometimes cause the higher levels of management to forget that we are people who need a strong work/life balance.

As with any very large company, it is a challenge to manage the daily business in a timely manner, while also working to fix systemic issues that improve not only the quality of the work, but also the efficiency of the work.
Pros
Opportunity to Telecommute
Cons
Many meetings, work/life balance is a challenge
Experience
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHFebruary 11, 2019
Continental is a decent place to work. Unfortunately poor management and unnecessary stress is what makes it a company that I do not wish to continue to work for. The pay was above average and the company perks were exceptional
Pros
Benefits and a discount on the apartment
Cons
Poor management
Sucks the life out of you!!
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 10, 2018
This company by far was one of the worst companies in Newark to work for.
You cant even used the restroom comfortably.
The CEO is disrespectful and rude and has no respect for others he yells curses and screams .
The benefits suck.
Worst family owned business in each state its located in
Turnover is too often
Software completely out of date
Not proactive in fixing system that doesnt work
Pros
Dress code
Cons
Everything and more
Poor Management
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 20, 2019
Not the worst place I’ve worked... but pretty close.

Owner doesn’t seem to care about employees well being. Happy workers work harder. Low moral shows in productivity.
Pros
Benefits, company pays 60%.
Productive and fast paced work environment
Tire Builder (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCOctober 16, 2018
A good place to consider for employment if you like fast pace and steady work. Great benefits and incentives. A wide variety of people to learn about different cultures from.
Pros
Great new cafe and great awards offered.
Cons
Breaks too short, not enough ergonomical materials to work with and too much favortism.
Good as a first job
IT Helpdesk Technician (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILDecember 17, 2018
Management isn't exactly the best, but the people below them do seem to genuinely care. Promotion is hard to come by, as they basically have to create a new job or have someone retire (which rarely happens).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Continental. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.5Fairygodboss Score

60%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

83%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss