Continental Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 558 reviews matching the search See all 1,516 reviews
Productive and friendly environment
Detail Technician (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 23, 2018
I love the work that I do and the people I worked with. I like to stay busy and self-motivated to help me improved on my skills, strengths, and weakness.
Pros
Food events
Cons
No sick time accumulate
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCApril 16, 2018
The work place culture in Continental is one of hard work and team work. While most positions will require you to wear several hats. The environment itself has established a system of team work that helps you manage and maintain during tight deadlines. It is really impressive to see a company of people work well together even though it is a form of necessity. People relationships make this a successful company
It"s all up to the individual.
Tier Builder (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCApril 16, 2018
It got better after some of the upper management were changed. My personal opinion is that just because someone was in the military does not mean that they can be good leaders in a manufacturing environment. This is the real world out here.
Pros
Good competitive salary and benefits.
Cons
Management need more training.
Contiech/Thermopol
Logistics Group Lead/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Somersworth, NHApril 16, 2018
My typical day as a group lead/supervisor is doing morning and afternoon paperwork, helping my team members, communicating with other group leads about the goings-on. I've learned how to operate a fork lift and how to lead and train others. The hardest part of my job is the 12 hours shifts. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with.
Pros
Working 36 hours per week and being paid for 40.
Cons
I don't get paid for over time until I've physically worked 40 hours.
Productive and Good Culture
HR Operations Intern (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIApril 15, 2018
Good upper management, Central Functions is a hard place to be for advancements, but great compensations. Very laid back. Management is very upfront with their changes and acquisitions.
Activities
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCApril 15, 2018
A Continentals there was activities to get the employees involved and keep them engaged. Employee day activites to bring the families out to see the workplace.
Pros
Family Oriented
Cons
Busy schedule
poor group leadership
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Somersworth, NHApril 12, 2018
too much drama, didnt like the atmosphere. The group lead on my shift didnt care about anyone but themselves. The company doesnt care about their employees well beings.
Great Company
Tire Assembly Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 8, 2018
The plant closed and I was forced to seek employment elsewhere. If I lived closer to the new plant I would have been happy to return, but am unwilling to relocate. I had no plans to leave, in fact I'd planned to retire there. I'm happy to have worked for them and would recommend it to anyone.
Cons
plant closed and relocated
Excellent place for employment
Banbury Operator (Current Employee) –  Winchester vaApril 4, 2018
I would recommend this place to anyone i know!! Great environment to work in and alot of great people and management personal plenty of room for advancement as well
Long Days and Night
Breaker Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCMarch 15, 2018
I have to run a long and very demanding machine. I am constantly moving, making adjustments and calculations. I measure everything, all the time. I walk about 9 miles every 12 hour shift.
Pros
Clean, professional environment
Cons
A lot of walking
safe work invironment layd back but competitive.
Industrial cleaner (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILMarch 14, 2018
yes continental tire has one of the best kitchens I have ever seen in a workplace they have a awesome gym that you can go to everyday and a shower room so you can clean up after you are done.
Pros
they have gym thats free
Cons
i really dont have any con besides they dont have a free lunch.
A great place to work
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 8, 2018
This was a great place to work. Every day was different and pleasant.
They always provided us with training and help. The office and warehouse personal worked together
Nice and Fun Workplace
Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMarch 3, 2018
It is a great company to work for. I enjoyed working there during my internship. I would love to keep working there, but the maximum period for an intern is one year and that's why I will have to leave
Pros
Fun place, nice people, fun activities
Cons
Learning on your own
Category Buyer
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 2, 2018
fast paced and automotive disciplines apply here. The top jobs are exclusively for the Germans though. Working knowledge of contract law is a must ! Ability to juggle several projects at a time is crucial
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
very harsh management
good work team
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Provincia de AzuayMarch 2, 2018
People have the support of their managers to be better and have good professional experiences.
In the other hand, the company gives a lot of benefits to its workers.
Great company
Setup Up Technician / Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, IL 62864March 2, 2018
Great company to work for but the swing shift in the new hall bared to be more than most could handle.. good team leaders and great benefits,.......................
Pretty good
Tire Builder (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCMarch 1, 2018
Pretty good place to work, good benefits, discount on tires, meet new people, learn new things very fast fast, long hours though, like having the 7 days off
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
La calidad de ambiente laboral excelente
Ejecutivo de Ventas (Former Employee) –  Mexico, MOFebruary 27, 2018
Empresa de carácter Mundial, enfocada en la calidad y el servicio, donde la Responsabilidad Social y Ambiental son la prioridad.
Pros
Excelentes prestaciones
It is a great company to work for
SENIOR OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCFebruary 27, 2018
It is a good company to work for starting out in that field. The wages are great but the distance is just a little to far for me to drive everyday so I’m trying to find something closer.
Maintenance Technician II (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VAFebruary 26, 2018
If management wasn't so terrible, I'd more than likely still be employed by them. During my time with Continental, it was a consistently increasing situation with too many chiefs and not enough indians. I cannot begin to say how many times I had several different managers, supervisors, and "wanna-be-manager engineers" come up to me while I was in the process of repairing equipment asking/telling me to do completely contradictory things..... I could go on and on here. I will say that there has a been HUGE changes in the management since I left. FINALLY someone cleaned house, maybe its not as bad anymore?
Pros
work schedule
Cons
chemicals and working on holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Continental. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight