Continental Employee Reviews

Found 667 reviews matching the search See all 2,020 reviews
The worst place i have ever worked
Plt tire builder (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILSeptember 22, 2018
Continental tire is the worst place I have ever worked they play to much treat people vary poorly if you are not in the click poor management hours are really bad never work there again
Cons
Short breaks bad manegement
Continental
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 20, 2018
Continental is overly processed and structured, which seems to be typical for a German company. However, Continental takes structure and over-processing to the extreme. Continental is structured such that there is a merry-go-around of managers labeled as "potential" upper management, which creates a "all goes" management style where managers are more focused on their careers rather than managing the group.

The benefits are decent at Continental. And since they are a large, but still growing company, if you get in the "in crowd", there are a lot of advancement options available. However, Continental has the mentality to keep internal employees with minuscule raises, daring someone to quit almost, while paying top notch for external talent. This environment creates a hostile work environment in itself by creating conflict. I think this tactic is underhanded. Lastly, Continental's bonus system is borderline unethical. Basically, when you finish a year, the bonus is calculated, however, they do not pay the bonus out until the middle of the following year. If you do not work until the middle of the next year, they forfeit your bonus already earned. The tactic is to force people to stay by making them stay 6 months longer for the current year, which dissuades since one has already made half the bonus of the current year when getting the previous year's bonus. I believe Continental does this to offset the turnover they create by poor raises. I did however work at Continental for 10 years. I was caught up in the HR tactics, which slowly got worse as time goes on. Others may have
  more... a completely different opinion about Continental. However, I myself, will never work for Continental again.  less
Material Handler/Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCSeptember 17, 2018
Continental is a good place to work only if u can do 12 hour swing shifts. There is nothing hard about any of the jobs there as long as u are trained. The only problem I have at this point is the management team.
Pros
Seven days off and benefits
Cons
Supervisors
Supervisor and Shop Manager
Automotive Mechanic Tech (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 17, 2018
Excellent Customer Service dealing with all kind of situations. A typical day at work was ensure safety procedures was intact and we were fully staffed for business.
Pros
Customer Service
Cons
Short breaks
good as temp job
Xray Technician (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXSeptember 16, 2018
this is a goog job if you are going to school to further your career and if you dont have kids. i would recommend because of the pay and how often you get paid. i would not recommend and an actual career choice.
Enjoyed my time there immensely
Assistant Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 11, 2018
I was given full autonomy for my area of responsibility and thoroughly enjoyed my fourteen years working there. The company is understanding of the need for time away for family or other issues and allows for it. Continental understands the symbiotic relationship between a business and the community it operates in.
Pros
work environment, autonomy
Cons
at my level there were few options for advancement
Production Worker/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXSeptember 10, 2018
It was alright great environment I would recommend to people who want to work there the management were helpful with employees who wanted to advanced with in the company
Pros
Easy
Cons
Lunch hours
Sucks the life out of you!!
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 10, 2018
This company by far was one of the worst companies in Newark to work for.
You cant even used the restroom comfortably.
The CEO is disrespectful and rude and has no respect for others he yells curses and screams .
The benefits suck.
Worst family owned business in each state its located in
Turnover is too often
Software completely out of date
Not proactive in fixing system that doesnt work
Pros
Dress code
Cons
Everything and more
Great Internship
Electrical Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 10, 2018
Internships here are hands-on, give you great exposure to the field, and are open to teaching you as much as you are willing to push yourself to learn. I highly recommend taking an internship here and requesting to learn as much as you can. The more you ask to be involved in things, the more you will learn. The mentor and intern research project is also fantastic to get involved in.
Pros
Pto, flexible hours, lots to learn, work directly with engineers in the field
Cons
Need to push some managers for training or work at your level
Hard Driven Owner
Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 10, 2018
Very Demanding job, make sure you can work in a very fast pace environment.

Hardest part of the job was the monthly meeting.

I dint like working there.
I worked there for 4 years.
management and Engineers (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXSeptember 10, 2018
I worked at Continental for 4 years. I left for a family emergency without a 2 weeks notice and am not edible for rehire. My title was Product Analyzer. I was quality control over 4 production lines. I made decisions on how the lines ran when a failure was detected. I worked with the operators, engineers, technicians and management when failures accorded to determine the rework outcome,
Fun place
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXSeptember 8, 2018
Very nice people good environment fast paced learn about the machines and robots also how to fox the machines learn new things everyday techs will help you whenever the machine breaks and they offer tpm training
Pros
Fast paced nice people
Cons
Hire and low pay and management is not good
Quality Point Person (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 7, 2018
You work with people that don't care if they come to work or not. They find it hard to hire because unemployment is low and there are better paying jobs in this town.
Great minds think alike - this is the place to be!
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Riemerling, MunichSeptember 7, 2018
Fun loving intellectuals put together to solve engineering problems - that's Continental - Riemerling for you. Great team, work ethic & Intl. culture.
Pros
Fresh Fruits every 2 weeks!! Good Coffee machines with low prices
Cons
May need to travel a lot on projects, but it's handsomely rewarded.
very good crew
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Belton, TXSeptember 5, 2018
the placewas well managed we knew our task pre shift daily everyone had a place and no job was more important then the other equipment was well maintaned
horrible team
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCSeptember 5, 2018
A typical work day can be rough. High demand for productivity. Workplace culture is hard to get adjusted to and comes off as every person for themselves.
Very productive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Barnsville,GaSeptember 5, 2018
I operated the frame while working. Our product levels were through the roof .The management is great they work with you as long as you communicate and be honest. Everybody works together comfortable environment.
manufacturing company environment
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 3, 2018
12 hour shifts , on your feet all day long, food vendor in the building giving us a variety for lunch , since we only had a half an hour , can work as much overtime
Pros
Pros: close to home
Cons
Cons: on your feet all day
good work environment
100% Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILSeptember 3, 2018
Enjoyed co-workers, pretty much all friendly. Typical day was inspecting tires for defects. Management overall great however a some have attitudes and think they are better than others, mistreating older workers. Other than that management is great.
Pay was best part of job the long hours on new employees was too much.
Pros
benefits, cafeteria
Cons
too hot not enough break time when it is.
Grader (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCAugust 29, 2018
Fast pace environment. Rotating 12 hours shifts. Can get hot in certain areas. Very friendly people that work there. Company does need to improve in certain areas.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Continental. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight