Continental Employee Reviews

Found 679 reviews matching the search See all 2,043 reviews
Featured review
Continental selected this as a representative review
Great Company
Mechanical Designer Engineer (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 19, 2018
This is a great caring company. They look out for their employees. Compensation is very competitive in all positions. They love bringing on new talent.
Collobrative enviroment
Regional Chef, Continental, Troy (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 18, 2018
Beautiful headquarters but a cut throat company that watches its P & Q's in a negative sense as they are quick to let go of preforming employees to a fault.
Pros
nice enviroment
Cons
uncaring and heartless management
November 19, 2018

Thank you for your review. We consistently review our processes and way of working to ensure that our peoples’ needs are being addressed.

We value and carefully consider your feedback. Please feel free to reach out to us anytime at careers@conti-na.com so we can learn more about your experience working at Continental.

Best of luck with your future endeavor,
Continental Human Relations

Senior Operator Extrusion Area (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCNovember 18, 2018
Manage the area. making sure the line are running like they should, and making sure the people are doing what they suppose to do. Making decision about what to run.
Pros
Good money
Great place to be a part of
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 13, 2018
Continental has a work environment that is like no other. I no longer work here, but it is certainly not because of the work atmosphere, my career goals just took me down a different path. There is always a way to grow within the company, a plethora of resources, and amazing staff.
Pros
Flexible hours, paid time off for full-time employees and part-time like interns, lots of company sponsored events
November 19, 2018

Thank you for the kind review and your time with us!
-Continental Human Relations

Was a fast paced envirnment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  365 industrial park drNovember 8, 2018
Had to work within a 2 hour time frame,
Dealt with osas programming,
Multi-culture work place,
Low staffed, I was doing a 4 person job,
Management was okay to deal with.
Production
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Seguin, TXNovember 4, 2018
Not fun at all to much gossip and drama no room to grow people make you do their job and they slack off no on job training at all 12hrs a day is crazy
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Drama
November 19, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to maintain a healthy work-life balance while doing our best to serve our customers and be a top-tier supplier by offering overtime pay, paid time off and additional paid time off for purchase.

It was an amazing experience
Bar Coader (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILNovember 3, 2018
It's the Largest Tire Plant in the United States... 120degrees... 12 hour days... I did a variety of jobs.. From riding around on a three wheeled bicycle picked up scrap materials for recycling, to hot knifing a wrinkle in the tire after inflated, watching Robots for any abnormalities, materials,etc..
Pros
I learned things that You can't learn from books...
Cons
24 minutes lunch -- 12 hour work day--
Productive and competitive work environment
Division Engineering and Maintenance Lead (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILNovember 2, 2018
I am highly pleased and grateful for how my career has developed within Continental Tire. I was hired in as a maintenance supervisor and worked that for 1.5 years. I was then promoted to Engineering and Maintenance Lead and have been in that position for 8 months.
Produced passenger and light trucks tires for the NA market
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 31, 2018
Industrial engineering responsibilities for 3 departments within the facility. Setting standards, engineering reports for the entire facility, weekly and monthly
right intended
Leader (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaOctober 29, 2018
management has the right intentions but does not hold others accountable. This leads to intense frustration. It drives good people away from the company.
lfind a job
Production QC Audit (Current Employee) –  seguin texasOctober 29, 2018
long hours and not enough pay time to move on.not.i really do not want to elaberate on this job my quest is to move on and find a better career. find another job with benefits and health care in which to make a living.
benefits
Cons
hours
Bad
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCOctober 28, 2018
You literally can have no life at this job. Work 12 days on and 2 days off! Paid holidays (Memorial Day, Labor Day, Good Friday) are often over looked and you’re required to work anyway. Managers are horrible! HR doesn’t care about you either, they are constantly changing employee handbook without notification! They shut down for a week at Christmas but you can’t make plans to travel because they tell you you might have to come in and work those paid Holidays as well.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management, consecutive days of work, short breaks
hard job good pay
MACHINE SETTER (Former Employee) –  Fletcher, NCOctober 22, 2018
you must start as a temp employee then work your way top full time employment after approximately four months. once your on full time it is a great place to work.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Productive and a nice place to work.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Fletcher, NCOctober 20, 2018
It was a very productive workplace, with quality work being done. The people I worked with, were people that I enjoyed working with. I would recommend Continental as a great place to work, with very good benefits.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
No cons.
could be a better companity of worky if they increae pay for the qual
Sr Shipping and Receiving clerk/floor lead (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCOctober 18, 2018
continental needs to improve on their morale boosting so they would keep more employees increase pay raises, write ups need to be done to fix poor work ethics, more corrective actions, lower medical and dental benefits. They need to focus on quality and quantity.
Pros
breaks, raise yearly, bonus yearly according to production overall plant, unorganized. cramped and overdue invoices. unfriendly management poor morale
Cons
health care, poor management, buddy system hire who you know, low pay for quality of work, underwrite salary
Stressfull
Gate Agent (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 17, 2018
Training was not enough to prepare you for the floor. You never knew who you're managers were in case there was a problem ticketing or boarding flights. Furloughs were common so you really should have a job elsewhere. This is better as a part time job, or if you want to have access to cheaper travel.
Pros
Exciting atmosphere.
Cons
Low pay
Productive and fast paced work environment
Tire Builder (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCOctober 16, 2018
A good place to consider for employment if you like fast pace and steady work. Great benefits and incentives. A wide variety of people to learn about different cultures from.
Pros
Great new cafe and great awards offered.
Cons
Breaks too short, not enough ergonomical materials to work with and too much favortism.
Fun work place my co workers and i work as a team with no problems
Tire and Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCOctober 15, 2018
Its a great experience if you dont mind working 12hrs swing shifts.The department I work in is 82-100 degrees at all times do to the presses.If you can stand the heat for 12hrs this is the job for you
Pros
7 days off a month
Cons
Working in the heat and swing shifts limits my time with my daughters
Great work place
Operator (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCOctober 12, 2018
continental is a hard working place, everything is at a fast pace, but the environment is good you can communicate well with everyone around your area
Pros
Music
Cons
Short breaks
Great minds creates great results
Visual Inspector (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SC 29150October 2, 2018
Great place to work at for starters and all that's looking to move up in the manufacturing field.Continental is one of the best jobs to work for in Sumter SC that will go above and beyond to make sure you are a successful employee.
Pros
Seven days off each months
Cons
working night shift
Excellent Place to Work
Sr. Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIOctober 1, 2018
Continental is a place that makes you feel at home. It has been the best job I have had so far due to the training and career opportunities that are constantly there for you to consider.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Continental. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss