Continental Employee Reviews for Forklift Operator

See reviews about:
Found 18 reviews matching the search See all 2,019 reviews
Very fast pace.
Material Handling/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fletcher, NCAugust 20, 2018
A very fast pace, sometimes a little too fast of a pace. Management was not interested in 3 / 8 hour shifts (24 hour operation). Too hard to lateral into a different trade.
Pros
Occasional free meal, for a milestone.
Cons
Not enough department level recogition.
I would not recomend that job to nobody
Forklift Operator/Verifier/Selector (Current Employee) –  Santa Teresa, NMJuly 22, 2018
Thats the worst job ever. I would not and never recomend that job to nobody. I want to leave from there. The management they are the worst no benefits no nothing
poor group leadership
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Somersworth, NHApril 12, 2018
too much drama, didnt like the atmosphere. The group lead on my shift didnt care about anyone but themselves. The company doesnt care about their employees well beings.
decent work enviorment
Machinist/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Somersworth, NHMarch 1, 2018
I like my training supervisors they were very helpful in teaching me what the company was about and helped me to progress and interact well with others
Pros
good selection in the vending machines
Cons
breaks were short
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILJanuary 21, 2018
A really great place to work and make good money. They employee over 3000 people in the surrounding communities and contribute a lot to the community as a whole.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Alot of OT
Quick paced and stressful
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Somersworth, NHDecember 5, 2017
Fast paced job with alot of repetition. Can be hard on the body with alot of lifting and tugging with the pallet jack .. having to service about 40 people on average 12-20 cells. outback with forklift building the pipe wall or filling overstock block and loading boxtrucks and 53' trailers for shipping and receiving
Pros
Easy overtime access
Cons
Poor upper management
a good work place and safe work place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, ILOctober 3, 2017
It was a grate work place they pay was good a good work experience was really good the hardest part of the job was the people I liked the two weeks paid vacation and the holiday
Pros
paid vacation
Cons
the people
factory work
Material Handler and Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VASeptember 17, 2017
if you have children this is not the place to work. If you have a family, this is not the place. It is a cut throat place. work your hours and go home. If you are with child quit before they make you miscarry. Not a healthy place to work. Most of the works there only stay there because this small town has no other work.
Pros
pay day
Cons
no management at all
Great pay, Constant Overtime, Reasonable work load
Forktruck Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILAugust 15, 2017
This company has great pay, benefits, management staff and great teams of workers. The workload was reasonable and the environment was not bad either.
Pros
Pay Benefits Workload Environment
Cons
Simple Minded Employees
Its a place to work if you want to give up a lot of your time, and your personal life.
Warehouse Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, IL 62864March 29, 2016
typical day fast paced, what I learned was scanning tires and to watch out for yourself and others, most of the management was easy to get along with. my co-workers were mostly good workers. the hardest part of the job was the fast pace. the most enjoyable part was going home.
Job is ok
Material Handler/Forklift Operator/Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 13, 2015
The job was ok. The pay couldve been better to the work that was being done. Having to pass tests to get advancements really sucked. Applied Technology had nothing to do with the job.
Excelling opportunites and a fun environment to work in.
Indoor and outdoor forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 19, 2015
A typical day at work consists of;
Indoor and outdoor forklift operatoring
Shipping and receiving
Supervise and train employees on job procedures.
Perform quality checks on products/parts and prepare them for shipment.
Review work orders and blueprints to ensure work is performed according to specifications. Determine work assignments and procedures.
Complete production reports to communicate team production level to management.
Maintain production equipment and machinery.

While working here I learned a better understanding of time management, fork lift driving, customer service and operating in a warehouse environment. The hardest part of the day would be...nothing. I simply love the job, environment and people that I am placed to interact with on a daily basis. My job is overall joyful and fun.
Pros
Being able to have a job that I really and truly love.
Cons
The shortage of hours that are given, because I want to continue working.
good job
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILJanuary 16, 2014
I learned a lot as an employee... The management are sort of backwards and it's a political battle, but it pays decent. Hours are not good, expect to work weekends for several years.
Productive and Friendly
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Barnsville, GAOctober 15, 2013
very laid back place to work. There are some great people there. A typical day at work varied, but most days were good ones. I don't really think I've ever had a bad day. Our management was "A Okay". I enjoyed everyone there as well as I enjoyed working there. GREAT PLACE...
Pros
Friendly People. Many laughs
Cons
Short Breaks
great place to work
Folk Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILJanuary 28, 2013
i loved my job out there but i had to take time off for a death in the family and they let me go
Pros
great money and hours
Cons
not very lenient with family matters
enjoyed working here
trucker ( fork lift, walkies , and tugger driver) (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILNovember 6, 2012
typical day of work was kinda hecktic had to bring out materials to the builders at their machines before they ran out of this particular material ( there was 35 machines to keep up with) most coworkers were a joy to work with.
Pros
pay
Cons
did not have set hours
Very hard work
Forklift Operator and Crew Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 5, 2012
First job in America, started as a truck loader then with very hard work learned to operate the forklift. The biggest warehouse I've ever seen. Good memories from that place.