Continental Employee Reviews for Material Handler

Ratings breakdown
Found 16 reviews matching the search See all 1,929 reviews
The worst place I ever worked!
Material Handler, Warehouse Operations (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 12, 2018
At this job I encountered a great deal of racism. Management catered to the people who had been there 30 years or better allowing them to do what they wanted. The pay wasn't even enough for a single man or woman, needless to say, if I had children they would have starved. The workplace culture was that of clan rally. The most enjoyable part of the job was going home for the day and the hardest part of the job was coming into work.
Pros
Breaks every two hours.
Cons
The work environment was all around horrible.
Long hours plenty of overtime and awesome supervision
material handler (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VA 23602August 24, 2017
I worked threw manpower if hired in id woulda been more interested. Great place to work great people great supervisors its just unorganized. Its a place to build a career if offered a job again i will definitely take advantage one of those jobs you go back to
Pros
Offers as much overtime yu want
Cons
Long hours on night shift not alot of work an i like fast pace constant work
Continental was a good place to start
Material handler - Westinghouse Blvd (Former Employee) –  charlotte NCAugust 15, 2017
Continental tire was a nice place to start my work career I worked for them on 2 different occasions once as a temp and once for about 6 years I only left the company because the warehouse moved to another state.
Fast pace and work different machines
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Fletcher, NCMay 3, 2017
I'm working there temporary work on different machines just about every day. We work every other weekend. 12 hour days. Full time employees get great benifits
great pay but poor job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Arden, NCFebruary 5, 2017
I liked working at continental but the people there was so hateful. I mean hateful. It was great hours to work 12 hour shifts. It definitely could use slot of work but other than that just treat they're employees well and not hateful because that's what runs people off.
Pros
good hours
Cons
hateful people
Wonderful employer
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCJuly 3, 2016
Continental was a wonderful place to work, for the most part. Once they work out all the kinks it will be the job to have in Sumter, SC.
Pros
Great pay and benifits
Cons
Work schedule is difficult to adjust to, too many people trying to be the boss, no one is on the same page.
family friendly environment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  portadale, GaMay 12, 2016
very family friendly environment with some opportunities for job advancement. employees are expected to be work on time and call in before work schedule if your going be absent from work for the day
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
short breaks
N/a
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lockbourne, OHMarch 2, 2016
Continental Tire was a good job, very strenuous on the body but a good job. You would really have to get your rest to do this job effectively.
Pretty Good ...
Material Handler - Warehouse Operations (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCFebruary 15, 2016
Nice clean facility, however,the company needs better management and more organizational skills. It is hard to complete daily tasks when the company cannot sustain their own expectations as to how their manufacturing should go. Hardest part is the lack of communication, the most enjoyable part of the job was the amount of time off and the friendly atmosphere.
Pros
Good Lunch...
Cons
Not considerate of lifestyle, or well being of employees.
losing alot of great workers
Shipping/material handler (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHFebruary 12, 2016
had some good days but more bad days. slave drivers. No room for opportunity. all the hard workers are leaving for better jobs. no matter how good you do its never good enough.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
everything
learning how tires are made
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILOctober 1, 2015
Enjoyed working on my own or as a team Safe work place. Did not enjoy 2 week swing shift. learn to work conveyor systems. The step by steps it took to make a tire learned about safety.
Good place to work but no career advancement avaliable for my current position in my department
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Sumter SCMay 28, 2015
Co workers on my shift create a good work environment. Only problem I have is the lack of career advancement in my position and how nothing seems to be organized most of my shifts.
productive and fun
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 29, 2013
run the bundle machine,stocking,pulling orders,my co-workers were a fun group to work they tought me stuff like how orders are pulled the way they are pullled how to set them up in the doors
Nice environment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALFebruary 4, 2013
A great place to work. I learned to be more patient and to work in a team enviroment. Me and my coworkers worked hard to meet our daily goal.
Pros
work enviroment
Cons
being transferred without notice
Productive and fun work place
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXSeptember 18, 2012
A Typical day would include a machine going down and not enough workers to run a production line. I gave summary and all the information that was needed to my supervisor and what was our pros and cons about our production. I loved working with the people on the production line and enjoyed everyday that I was assigned for work.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short breaks and lunch