Continental Employee Reviews for Operator

Ratings breakdown
Found 28 reviews matching the search See all 2,020 reviews
Produtive fast paced
General operator (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, IAJuly 31, 2018
Setting up tooling and changing tooling and machines running quality product also running a crane and operating heavy equipment shipping and packaging product
Pros
You are not forced to work overtime if you work 12hr rapid rotation shift
Cons
Rapid rotition 12hr poor management.
Productive workplace
Mixer Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILJune 3, 2018
There was nothing I didn't like about this job. The co workers, the job, the money, the hours were all amazing. People treat you fairly, everyone gets along and does there job and great benefits.
Excellent place for employment
Banbury Operator (Current Employee) –  Winchester vaApril 4, 2018
I would recommend this place to anyone i know!! Great environment to work in and alot of great people and management personal plenty of room for advancement as well
good place to work with good benefits.
Blow out Operator/Cover operator (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIFebruary 22, 2018
Was a nice place to work and people were very willing to help out however they could they paid well and had great benefits package they also offered over time if you wanted it.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Old building
place needs some work
lube booth operator (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCFebruary 11, 2018
Management here was bad. The pay was ok, and so were fellow employees. Most places are pretty warm in the plant except for break rooms and a couple other parts so it gets hot in the summer inside.
High paced competitive environment
Cell Operator / Setup (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 4, 2017
High speed manufacture environment. Hours are long but pay is Ok.
Not a lot of opportunity for advancement. Can be very strenuous at times and the work life balance may be overwhelming.
Pros
Excellent benefits and discounts
Cons
poor quality of life
fairly easy job
Mixing Operator (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCSeptember 6, 2017
you only got one break a 12 hour shift,enjoyed learning the computer system to make the rubber,management has the attitude that you are dirt,hardest part of the job was management,working with other employee's.
Pros
ok pay, 7 days off
Cons
management, break, your HR is a computer
curing operator
Curing Operator (Former Employee) –  sumter SCJuly 21, 2017
operated curing presses to for tread on uncured tires very hot and humid environment but it was a great job and the atmosphere and employees, had great pay and great benefits
Poisonous work atmosphere with little care
Blow Mold Operator (Current Employee) –  Somersworth, NHJune 28, 2017
I've come to learn communication is key here and nearly every shift and department lacks this key skill on a monumental level. the pay is low with extremely high turnover rate because of long hours strict regulations and even more strict expectations.

The literal atmosphere here is poisonous, with smog so thick you can cut it with your hand, respirators are advised personally but you'll have to sign a waver to all rights for health benefits on duty because they strain your breathing and they won't issue the masks themselves. machines are completely covered in grease and free floating fibreglass that clumps up on the machines as if it were hanging moss!
Pros
health benefits, no requirements other than legal citizen
Cons
everything you can think of
Start up company that needs to oblige to the rules that are set forth in the company's handbook.
Mixer Operator (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCMay 31, 2017
Overall its a fun environment but management creates a hostile work environment by not being trust worthy and create and enforce rules and make judgement as it suits the particular issue at hand. Instead of relying and utilizing the handbook.
Great I would work their again
Misson Operator (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXMay 23, 2017
Very exciting I would always learn something new from those in higher positions. It was a fun environment yet professional at all times, everyone was a team player majority of the time. It was a very well and organized company for customers and employees.
Pros
Yearly bonuses, and rewards of appriciation
Cons
little minor issues with very few in higher positions
Productive, and fun face paced work environment
Cell Operator (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 16, 2017
Great company to work for, excellent benefits also. Room for advancement for all employees. Company is in tune with worldwide industry and is up to date with all new innovations.
Great Job
Curing operator (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SC.July 15, 2016
Great Job .I would recommend this job to anyone. Great people. FUN environment. ....................
I loved working there, and was a very nice work place.
Blowmold operator (Former Employee) –  Somersworth, NHJuly 14, 2016
I really like my boss TJ marhell! He takes his job very seriously! And the only thing I didn't like was the person they hired for shift lead, she was extremely rude and made people feel uncomfortable! That's the main reason I left
Pros
Paid lunch 12hr shifts
Cons
Some of the people where very rude
Junk company, that sells junk tires
Curing Operator (Former Employee) –  mayfield, kySeptember 17, 2015
They sent our jobs to Mexico, enough said..poor management, stressful environment..poor working conditions..no advancement or opportunities to further your career
Routine job
Operator (Current Employee) –  Seguin, TXJuly 22, 2015
Easy but boring at times when you have learned about the area you work in. Too many people and people have their favorites so it is not easy to move up unless you know someone.
benefits
Cons
boring, pay starts low
Productive and great place to work. A lot of room to grow with in the company.
QC Operator (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXJuly 15, 2015
Overall great place to work and great co-workers. It was enjoyable to be around everyone. The job kept me busy and made the day go by fast. There was always things to do and new things to learn. Many of my co-workers have been with this company for fifteen plus years, that alone speaks for itself.
Pros
It had great shifts.
Cons
Didn't like when the holiday schedule changed short notice.
Crew member in Mixing dept
Operator B (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCJune 18, 2015
Love working at Continental Tires, the dept management needs to improve. Job has great benefits for my family and myself.
Long hours, but not hard.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXJune 7, 2015
A typical day at work all depends on if the equipment was working properly. Nothing about the job was hard, if anything it was relatively easy, it just wasn't for me. I couldn't stand the long hours, it was just a repetitive job every day the same thing. My co-workers made the time pass a little quicker, I had two team leads who were both very nice. Hardest part of the job, just standing for twelve hours. All in all I liked what I did at my job, but not enough to stay.
Pros
The schedule
Cons
No healthcare, long hours
Productive and fun job.
Bead Operator (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCDecember 26, 2014
A typical day at Continental Tires is very exciting and keep you on you toes kind of job. You will learn if you dont have the skills to maintain an postive and self motivated atmosphere in order to get your production quoter every day you work. The hardest part of my job is doing the set up job and still get my quoters. The set up is a job another person is suppose to do but if they are not available then i have to do it in order to get as close to my numbers as possible. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting the quoter and alll the parts being good. its also enjoyable when you are aknowlegde for going over and beyond.
Pros
the pay is good and the days off thru out the week
Cons
having to do someone else job in order to complete your job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Continental. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss