Continental Employee Reviews for Technician

Found 17 reviews matching the search See all 2,043 reviews
Featured review
Continental selected this as a representative review
Great Company
Mechanical Designer Engineer (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 19, 2018
This is a great caring company. They look out for their employees. Compensation is very competitive in all positions. They love bringing on new talent.
good as temp job
Xray Technician (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXSeptember 16, 2018
this is a goog job if you are going to school to further your career and if you dont have kids. i would recommend because of the pay and how often you get paid. i would not recommend and an actual career choice.
a really great place to work
Set-Up Technician - curing (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILMay 18, 2018
really enjoyed my position. typical work day usually involved the set-up of 4-6 molds plus minor repairs of presses and cimcorp delivery system. management does their best with what we have. hardest part was the excessive number of breakdowns of conveyor system. loved seeing the end product that all the hard work produced. learned to work a rotating schedule with few people. lots of overtime. the workplace is fast paced and keeps you busy which passes time. for a global company they seem to care about their employees with bonuses and giveaway as incentives
Pros
people you work for
Cons
schedule
Productive and friendly environment
Detail Technician (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 23, 2018
I love the work that I do and the people I worked with. I like to stay busy and self-motivated to help me improved on my skills, strengths, and weakness.
Pros
Food events
Cons
No sick time accumulate
Poor management
Technician (Current Employee) –  Porterdale, GAApril 18, 2018
The newest leadership has everyone running for the hills. He is demeaning, insensitive spiteful, pig headed with no experience in peer management. It's hard working for someone who does not do anything and acts like they know everything but does not. Right now he's either gotten everyone to quit or get fired for anything. He's a cancer to this company and the only reason I'm choosing to leave.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Poor Management
Stressfull
Curing Set Up Tech (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILNovember 30, 2017
Only got lunch no breaks. Was payed less then people i was training. Management allowed bulling and violents from employs toward other employs. Dog eat dog enviroment.
Hole
PLT Curing / Set-up Technician (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILSeptember 30, 2017
If you are not a Yes man then you will not advance in the company. It doesn't matter if you have more education and experience than anyone if you only tell them what they want to here you will advance. Even if the answer is no they only want to here yes.
Pros
Drug free work zone
Cons
Bad Management
This is the prototypical factory.
P.I. Technician (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILNovember 12, 2015
This is a Factory run with low overhead and efficiency in mind. They make 12+ million tires a year and the the frantic pace shows at times. There are times that are laid back but when duty calls its hurry up and wait for setup to get their act together. There's not much manual labor but you have to be willing to pick up and move a 80+ pound tire on occasion. And new hires beware you'll be on off shifts for years. But the engineers are too bad to deal with.
Pros
Good pay in a low cost of living area, consistent work.
Cons
24 hour rotating schedule. Working nights and weekends even for middle management.
Good job for people not afraid to work.
Project Technician / Area Expert (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILApril 3, 2014
This is a good place to work as a maintenance technician, the operators dont know how to run their machines well so there is always job security.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Micromanagement
Management treats you as if they intellectually better and that your place is always going to be on the bottom.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILJanuary 6, 2014
It is a fast paced environment where you are treated like one of the machines. Just another number.
Clean work area
Technician (Current Employee) –  Morganton, NCOctober 14, 2013
Straight 8 hour day with paid breaks.
Good cafeteria.
Nice bonuses.
challenging, exciting place to work with products discounts
Troubleshooter/Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 1, 2013
great job with great mangers and co-workers the hardest part of the job was recreating failures to prove the solution.
Pros
45 minute lunches
Cons
the plant moved to Mexico!
Work Hard
Technician (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILJanuary 27, 2013
Ok to work, culture needs to change, management is not engaged
Pros
good benefits
Cons
management needs more training
Great place to work!
Local I.T. Technician (Current Employee) –  Fletcher, NCJanuary 10, 2013
I joined Continental Automotive in June of 2011 as a contractor through Yoh recruiting. In that time I have learned more than in the last 12 years of working in IT combined. My supervisor and the rest of the Local IT team have been very helpful in advancing my skills. I only wish the position would be made permanent. I will hate to leave here!
Pros
never ending learning
Cons
not permanent
Steady paced job
Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 27, 2012
A typical day at work was working closely with engineers and maintenance to keep a good product running down the lines along with making sure the equipment ran properly. Having a good work relationship is very important. I enjoyed every part of my job
soul stealer
set up tech (Former Employee) –  mount vernon ilAugust 21, 2012
if u want no life work there...there is absolutely no work-life balance u pretty sell ur soul to them
Pros
good money
Cons
no life
Backstabbed
Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALMay 9, 2012
Continental in Huntsville, Alabama closed and moved my job to Mexico....we( over 200 workers ) were told that we would get a severance package of $1500 for every year worked...after the plant closed, we were told that we separated voluntarily ( !!!) so we were not entitled to any package....
Cons
cutthroat management
the work environment is fair
industrial maint. tech. (Current Employee) –  62864February 28, 2012
Continental Tire is A good place to start to get experience, Good pay and benefits. Could use better management practices. Should have a better training program.
Pros
good pay
Cons
must stay on premises the whole shift.